• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Dollhouse: Come Play!

Years
I went ahead and bought myself a Pullip Margrethe earlier this month. I saw her for sale second hand on Mercari for about 20 dollars less than I would have paid at Pullipstyle with free shipping, and still in brand new condition. I am very glad I snagged her when I did at Mercari because she has since gone temporarily out of stock again at Pullipstyle, so had I waited for the sale today she would not have been there. So I ended up taking home the doll I have been dreaming of in great condition, but paid less and got her right away. She's really pretty and I might post pictures later

Because it was Black Friday I did still check out Pullipstyle to see what was on sale. I have recently been looking at Pullip Ariana, her outfit is so pretty, the needlework looks ridiculously intricate and her face is angelic, reminds me a little of Dahlia Princess Cinderella--another doll missing from my collection. But, she also happened to be out of stock at the moment-- which is good actually because I don't need to buy any more dolls. I already bought Margrethe, and I also bought on eBay a Taeyang (male doll) of the Beast from Beauty and the Beast to pair with my Pullip Belle. So I really need to be done with buying new dolls until at least the New Year.

But for reference this is what Ariana looks like. I only wish she had dark hair, because she has so many pale colors on her gown I think she would stand out even more as a brunette wearing that white dress, but still lovely.

Wigs Wanted!

I am getting off topic though. I posted in this thread because I did get one thing from the Black Friday sale, I bought a pullip Mio kit in mocha for 34 dollars so I could continue my art project. I am making an ancient Incan maiden doll. I already have her clothes ready, paint to do her faceup, and some spare eye chips I can use. All I need is a wig. So I actually came to the Dollhouse today because I was wondering if one of my playmates here could help me out and point me in the direction of some stores online I could shop for for doll wigs from. I need a dark brown wig ideally size 8-9, a Blythe, pullip, Luts/bjd size. I can do a 7-8 albeit snug, and even 9-10 if necessary.

I need something long, very dark and timeless. I have done some eBay and Etsy searches and the stuff I am seeing looks too modern with side bangs. This is for a woman from the Andes who lived many centuries ago. So just a straight wig with maybe a part in the middle, a simple braid or two could be okay too.A by suggestions for me doll lovers?

Last edited:
Years
I know this is a double post, but this is an update that is hard to resist sharing as a Pullip lover. I love the new release photos of Eirene. I hope they don't make her overly-expensive because I really want to take this girl home.

Years
I was in Tuesday Morning this afternoon, helping a loved one pick out a new comforter. I ran into this beauty unexpectedly while dawdling. Global Glamor Luciana I believe is her name. I know at least that she is a 2016 release.

I thought she really had a unique face and strong makeup, beautiful golden complexion and fun outfit. The pictures don't even begin to do her justice.This doll's hair is like a lion's mane. She's a cool little carnival queen.

I looked at the price tag 49.99 and took a pass, although I was tempted I have bills to pay and need a winter coat. like Barbie dolls, but maybe not that much. I expect Barbie dolls to be like 20 dollars. If was a pullip I would have known better.

I looked eBay and mercari to see if there were any used dolls of this model for cheaper, and it looks like I was actually getting a deal in the store. The starting price for one of these dolls used was around 80 dollars, for new in box she's over a 100. They don't make her any more.

At the end of the month at pay day I might go back and see if she's still there. If it was a flea market I'd start haggling. I'd buy her for 39.99.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I forgot about this place. Anyway, I got my first American Girl doll! She came on December 31st 2019! I have Samantha Parkington, and I adore her soooo much! I still have Isabelle or "Izzy" as I call her. :3

Here is Samantha:

image0.jpg

Years
I forgot about this place. Anyway, I got my first American Girl doll! She came on December 31st 2019! I have Samantha Parkington, and I adore her soooo much! I still have Isabelle or "Izzy" as I call her. :3

Here is Samantha:

image0.jpg

Very nice! I remember growing up that Samantha was hugely popular doll among my classmates, her and Kirsten seemed to be what most of the girls were after. I had Addy, and also Leyla and Spring Pearl from the short-lived Girls From Many Lands series. While I didn't have a Samantha doll, I always thought her doll furniture was especially pretty.

Your Samantha looks very realistic, and it looks like she's in a good home getting lots of attention and looking pretty.

Years
Does anyone customizing dolls have experience with Mr. Super Clear sealant? I have a lovely pullip I made, whose faceup I have sealed with a few coats of the stuff but realized that I would like to change the placement of the doll's eyebrows and make then lower. I made the eyebrows with colored pencil and was trying to give her an innocent expression, but I am afraid I placed the brows too high on her forehead and want to adjust that. I don't know how to erase this now that the doll has been sealed. I have tried 800-1000 grit sandpaper and it is not coming off. I have heard some mixed things about acetone. Any artists out there with remedies for my sleeping beauty?

Years
Browsing pullip websites is something I do when I am bored. I am really glad I did this evening because it came to my attention that groove store had some new additions to their sample doll sale. Every pullip collector loves sample sales. Pullips are costly dolls and samples provide an opportunity to buy pullips that have been removed from their boxes and displayed at conventions for half of their normal retail price or less.You can also find rare out of stock and limited edition dolls at sample sales. I was lucky enough to spot a sample doll of Pullip Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena for 97 dollars, she's normally 150 and that's the reduced price with her being 3 years old. That doll was almost 170 dollars the year of its release. So I'm really pleased with myself. I have wanted this doll for awhile, but thought she was too expensive. But now I am ready to take the plunge.

I was also surprised to see Taeyang Beast from Disney's Beauty and the Beast series for only 80 dollars. I got this doll for Christmas for 150 dollars on eBay, and that was a lower price. He usually sells for an astronomical 200 dollars and up. If only had known he was gonna turn up at the sample sale for just 80...

If anyone wants to browse then this is a good place to get pullips if you are new to the hobby and on a budget. There are lovely dolls starting at 39 dollars.

https://jpgroove.com/search.php?search_query=Sample

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I actually managed to get the girls a camping set a while back ago. It came with a fake campfire and all the other stuff you think would come with camping gear. The only thing it didn't come with was a sleeping bag though. Anyway, it came with this super cute tent! :D I'll look for the picture I took of them later and post it. It's kind of dark, but I wanted to give it that "indoor camp" kind of feel.

Years
That sounds really cute Starseed!

I'd love to see photos, please share em!

Right now I in awe over a new pullip release expected this September. Her name is Pullip Eclata. I hope she gets a lot of pre-orders, I want Groove to make more dolls like this.

Years
Hi, I might pop in here every now and then! I wasn't a big fan of dolls when I was little, but I watch doll customizing on Youtube and now I wish I had dolls lol. I'd love to do a doll repaint one day...

Yay! Welcome to the Dollhouse RadEmpoleon! I'm going to add your name to our guest book. So what kind of dolls are you interested in watching customizations for on YouTube? Are they original creations or special brand doll?

I watch a lot youtube reviews, unboxings, tutorials and customization video for Pullip dolls. If you ever want to share a doll-related youtube you enjoyed don't be shy about posting here!

So glad you could come to our tea party!

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Yay! Welcome to the Dollhouse RadEmpoleon! I'm going to add your name to our guest book. So what kind of dolls are you interested in watching customizations for on YouTube? Are they original creations or special brand doll?

I watch a lot youtube reviews, unboxings, tutorials and customization video for Pullip dolls. If you ever want to share a doll-related youtube you enjoyed don't be shy about posting here!

So glad you could come to our tea party!
Thanks for adding me! I watch a lot of Monster High and Ever After High customs videos, and sometimes BJD customs.

Years
Thanks for adding me! I watch a lot of Monster High and Ever After High customs videos, and sometimes BJD customs.

Ooooo! I love bjd dolls. Luts I find especially beautiful to look. Because they're also expensive I had been a little shy about collecting them because of the cost, but I wouldn't mind having at least 1 of them one day.

I have seen some cool videos spotlighting monster high and ever after high customs from YouTuber Omocha Crush. Like me, she is a pullip collector foremost, but that's not the only content on her channel. She has made videos of Monster High dolls and Ever After High she obtained, as well as Barbie, Blythe, J-doll, Azone and more. Before the pandemic she often went to conventions and meetups with doll lovers world wide, and brought us videos back showcasing custom dolls of all kinds. It was glorious! She is also known to do giveaways of customs too, holding raffles for subscribers.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Been a while since I've come here and such so... updates! I gave Isabella to a little girl in our community. The reason is because I bought a new doll that had to do with unicorns. I couldn't keep three dolls because it was overwhelming. ;w; Anyway, my doll is named Starla Seed! I call her Starla or Star for short~

Here she is:

image0.jpg

Years
What a beautiful baby doll I see before me! Your Starla Seed is precocious.

Doll lovers everywhere seem to be in the Unicorn spirit of late. There is doll forum called Dolly Market, which I visit for the latest in fashion doll news. They're all about Monster High dolls, Blythe, and most importantly Pullip. Recently a member shared images of what seems to be a new Yeolume doll with a release pending this upcoming March. She is a unicorn too.

I don't even normally like Yeolume, but this here is my kind of doll. She'd look good with my Beary Fairy doll series. I think she's so cute.

Here's a more detailed picture of the doll on the Instagram. There you can see that she doesn't just have a unicorn cap but there are pastel highlights to her wig. It gives me a vibe like My Little Pony.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFO7W9sFukd/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

She is such a dainty, angelic little girl that she will be my first Yeolume if she is released. I have Pullips, Dals, Isuls, Byul and Taeyangs, and am only missing Namu and Yeolume to complete the family. I don't want to get too excited, because one Pullip doll I was looking forward to the release of (Sowrene) this year was cancelled, and it's still early right now where this one hasn't even been officially announced. So I probably shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. But she looks like she would be a great doll at least.

I passed on the Isul Helios doll from Groove's Sailor Moon collaboration, mainly because of the high price, but I like the idea of getting another chance to possess a unicorn theme doll. They are among my favorites fantasy creatures alongside dragons and fairies.

Years
I was wondering if any doll lovers out there owned or know of Integrity Toys Nu Face dolls? They always have very dramatic make up and trendy runway model fashions. Here is how they look for reference.

I hear that they are about 12 inches tall--that's roughly the same size as Barbie give or take an inch or half of an inch. The reason I was asking is because I was preparing for a custom and stumbled upon some pretty shoes for Nu on Etsy, and wanted to know if they might fit Barbie feet too? I have a feeling they may be too big, but I thought I might as well ask if anyone knew.

Back