• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Drawing Board (Idea Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
Years
trap-door57 said:
Yup! *joined it* Yay! Look how many peps there are already!! XD
Yes, and I'm hoping more people will join it too. =3 Maybe one more person will join before we start. ...

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
Years
trap-door57 said:
hmm..I could ask some FMA or TT fans that aren't on it already! I'll go check! ^_l <that's a wink..
Okey dokey. ^-^ Cool, did you make that up?

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
I'm thinking about making a Inuyasha RP, since there isn't one lately... xD I'm thinking about making it a reincarnation one. xDDD;

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
Years
Alright, I'm pretty sure something is missing in this RPG idea of mine. I have the whole plot pretty much typed up, but everytime I read it something feels wrong. Think anyone could check through this for plotholes and parts that would make sense to me but be confusing to others?

Believe it or not, there was a time when the world was indeed at peace. A time when humans lived in harmony with pokemon and nature, having little need for more than food, a place to rest, and a good friend to talk with. As the humans advanced, however, they lost sight of the importance of nature and its creatures. The humans moved away from nature, trading the simple life for a more balanced and high tech one. The invention of electricity started a golden age, but it also started their downfall.

War, famine, crime, destruction. Everything the humans did to this earth was killing it from the inside out. And quite frankly, the legendary pokemon were becoming quite tired of this. Long ago they had given the humans a chance to change, to stop polluting and clean up their mess. The humans paid no heed to this warning, and continued with their tinkering of the environment; completely uprooting forests, converting liveable areas into deserts, spreading their biological warfare wherever they could. The rampant destruction of the environment took many lives, including most of the grass and ground pokemon, as well as the mythical Celebi herself. The earth couldn't hold out much longer, and the legendary pokemon became fed up with the humans who had ignored them. They decided to act.

The legendaries' first thought was to restore the world to the way it was. Unfortunately this could not happen. They needed a combined effort from all the legendary pokemon, but sadly Celebi was no longer with them. The pokemon of time had a direct connection to the environment; as it was wasted away, so was she. The only other plan they had was a destructive one, one that could easily backfire. However, they felt they must do something. They only wished they didn't have to resort to this.

And that was it. The humans had been completely annihilated. They were wiped out by an odd plague in which no cure could be found quickly enough before too many victims were taken. It spread like wildfire, killing any human that caught it. This painful sickness completely passed over the pokemon, but no human was left alive. The non-legendary pokemon wept at the loss of their foolish friends, and how the world was when the plague finally lifted. Nearly all the lands were barren; rarely did trees, or any type of plant grow. The waters were polluted, and the skies were always a thick grey color. The combined effort of the humans and the plague had worn Earth out, then left it to rot in the solar system.

The legendaries were unaware of the consequences of the plague they had set on the land, for they had disappeared shortly after releasing it. It almost seemed as if they had given up on this world, or had hid themselves away in shame for being unable to stop the destruction that the humans had caused. Some say these powerful creatures traveled through the solar system to another galaxy, other tales say they are in an eternal sleep, waiting for the time when they can truely be depended on again. Though some say they have spotted fleeting glimpses of Celebi, most passed this off as being highly ill or insane. Celebi is dead after all.

The rest of the species, however, refused to simply give up hope as the humans and legendaries had. Slowly, but surely, they began to rebuild, to restore, what little they could of the barren planet. Those who were strong enough took down the buildings, grinding them into nothing but ancient and often dangerous ruins. The technology and electronics of the human age were lost. The grass, ground, and rock pokemon spread out across what was left of the land, regrowing and nourishing what they could. The water pokemon went out of their way to clean the oceans and other bodies of water, making them clear again. Everyone did what they could, and given time the world became a little bit better, and was slowly recovering itself. Everything was peaceful, and it would remain that way.

At least, they were hoping the peace would last. Unfortunately, something was missing, and that was the presence of human beings. Many thousands of years have passed since the humans or the legendary pokemon have been seen on this planet. However, just because they cannot be seen doesn't mean they don't exist.

Stand and awaken!

You are surrounded by darkness, not knowing just where you are. A small, yet powerful light appears before you. It is soft and welcoming; it flies in circles around you then hovers away from you and bounces up and down, as if beckoning you to follow. Not knowing where else to turn, you follow the tiny ball of light as it flits away from you. Its speed increases, and soon you must break into a sprint in order to keep up with it. The ball suddenly comes to a halt and you stop before it. It hovers for a moment before shivering wildly in its place; a soft laughter filters through the air. The ball of light becomes bigger and brighter, and you shield your eyes as it errupts.

When you open your eyes, you find yourself near the ruins of Celebi's shrine in the dark, gloomy Ilex Forest.* Not really understanding why, you walk inside the building, making your way over, under, and around the ivy covered debris. You come to a seemingly undestroyed area, though the tannish-white walls of the area are still covered in light green vines with upturned leaves. A large, intricately patterend skylight in the ceiling lets the moonlight in, illuminating everything in an eerie light. In the center is a stone altar with odd heiroglyphics carved into it. Of course, the most surprising thing is what you see floating above the altar, and it makes you stop dead in your tracks.

You pinch yourself and feel a stinging pain as you look on at the sight before you, instantly realizing that this is no dream. Floating above the altar, supported by a mystical golden light is none other than a human. She is wearing little more than a plain, white, tank-top like dress that hangs down to her knees. Her long, dark green hair is flowing in an unseen wind, and her eyes are closed peacefully as if she were sleeping. She looks to be no older than ten perhaps; her features are young and child-like.

As you gaze onward, not really believing in what you're seeing a deep, mysterious male voice booms out around you. You hear several muffled gasps and realize that you are not the only one in the room. Before you get the chance to look around, however, your attention is directed back to the girl floating before you.

Listen carefully guardians, I have much to tell you. It is time that you are sent on your mission, the destiny that fate has picked specifically for you six. It is imperative that you pay attention, as I do not have much time. If you wish for the world to be restored to the way it was before, to the time when humans existed and everyone lived in harmony with nature, then you need to listen up. The human girl you see before you is the key to everything, you must guide her to where the legendary pokemon of the old age lie dormant. Only with her help can they restore everything to the way it was. Your journey will be long and difficult; it will be a constant test of your mental and physical capabilities. I am sorry to throw this all at you at once... but surely this cannot be the first time you have seen this girl?

There was a pause of silence as you and the other pokemon begin nodding and murmuring in agreement.

Yes yes, you're remembering now. You all were chosen from birth to lead this girl to where the legendaries sleep to restore the world. However, this doesn't mean you have to. You can choose to ignore your fate-given mission and be on your merry little way. This mission is your destiny, but if you wish it you can try to ignore your destiny and go somewhere else. As stated before, you all are indeed the guardians of this girl, but you can still choose to leave her die here. It is entirely up to you.

Keep in mind that there are others who are aware of what is happening right now. There are those who do not want the humans to return; those who want the world to stay like it is now because they do not understand that it is decaying without the balance of life. They will do anything in their power to stop you from acheiving your goal. I must go now, I wish you the best of luck.

The voice faded out, leaving you and five other very confused pokemon sitting on the ground before the altar. The shimmering light that surrounded the girl faded away as she floated downwards and landed on the altar in a sitting position. Her hair settled down around her as she opened her eyes. Her amber gaze swirled around the room and finally landed on the six pokemon before her. She smiled as if recognizing you and the others instantly, but does not speak.

Now, what will you do? Do you accept your mission, or will you toss it aside?

*For story purposes, Celebi's shrine is a large, temple like building instead of a small little offering place like in the anime. Go poetic license!

Masaya

Swordsman
Years
I'm going crazy, this is what I have for a start:

200 years ago a battle was waged between the two sages, Arcaedem, and Fenolian. Fenolian had gone corrupt in a lust for power, while Arcaedem had held him back. Hope was lost then, and Arcaedem grew weaker. He then used his last resort, a girl was sacrificed to save the world from destruction and to seal Fenolian away. Fenolian's bonds have now broken. Arcaedem, too weak to stop him relies on an ancient prophecy. "When the world sinks into darkness, six warriors will defeat the evil, and Kinthras will be renewed."
Arcaedem waits now upon these warriors to rise up, in the Temple of Rebintha...
Anyone have any suggestions?

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
Years
ALright I made an RP called To take you out of your average "We control the elements" RP... If anyone would check itout and see what you think of the plot, and by the way the plot os made to be vague so that they can do whatever they feel like in the RP.

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
Always the one to think of new ideas, I've come up with an especially interesting idea. Here it is (it doesn't have a storyline or anything, it's just an outline of a new type of rp I've been hard at work trying to perfect):

There are two main characters. No others (bare with me). People sign up still to join in on the rp. Then everyone takes turns controlling both characters. Sort of like a massive co-op fanfic, yet with a rp edge. It wouldn't be a fanfic because there's a whole community working on the story and trying to develop both of these characters. One person wouldn't get a say in the characters. There would likely be a discussion thread for the rp, so that people could submit entries, and then have a vote on the best ones. After that the rp is put into motion and a brand new world is opened by different types of rping. Sort of like a massive rpg.

Just an idea, it's really hard to explain, but it's relatively simple when put to action. It just takes a whole lot of cooperation and teamwork.

So what do y'all think?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Hmmm... It'd require the best, and a great deal of communication, but it could work. Keyword being "could." I'd give it a shot.

I would also like to draw some attention to my new RP, "Jade Empire: when the Heavens Split." I'd like to see it get off the ground, so check it out ot I'll set your lawn on fire. Just kidding. It'll probably be your entire house. :P

Mire

Where did I my keys put?
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2005
Agreed, it would certainly take a very large amount of interaction.

I'd also like to draw attention to my new roleplay, Sewedj.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42396

Yes, it is a long read and in depth sign up, but it is worth it. I put quite a bit of effort into it, so I'd like to see it work. Also, I'd like to give a hearty welcome to any roleplayers that consider themselves advanced.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
*bumps- sorta*

I need help. There are no drawing boards in Pokemon RolePlay, so hope you mods don't mind. XP

Remember 'The Wild? Version who knows what?'

Lately I've been having a dearth of ideas, and well, this struck me one day, that perhaps I need to add some new fangled ideas in it. I mean, if it's perfectly fine leaving it the way it is, then I'm alright with that, but still...

So any suggestions? >>

typoflosion

lvl 999
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2005
can sombody check if there are any mestakes in here?

-----------
A Whole New Breed

Newbirth town, on an island near Joto region:

As a pokemon researcher, I tend to look up through my window at the sky when I get board of my pokemon research. When I look up at the daytime sky, I see the clouds, some shaped like pokemon of different sizes, like a pidgey or a paras, and some clouds are shaped like everyday objects, like a pokeball or a house. When I look up at the dark night sky, I see stars that shine brilliantly into my eyes. If I connect the stars, I can see pictures of anything.

On one night when I looked up at the night sky, I didn?t just see stars?

There was a large amount of light coming through my window, I was temporarily blinded. In a moment?s time, the light subdued and I saw smoke, though I could not pinpoint where the smoke was coming from through the window. I went outside to investigate the anomaly.

When I went outside, I noticed a meteor jammed into the ground, smoking hot. The meteor did not look like a regular rock; it looked like a large gem. I had this large feeling that it was very dangerous; I had large shivers up my spine. I picked it up with my sweater that I wore on me that night. I also noticed that there were no pokemon at the site. Usually, when a meteor appears here, the pokemon investigate its appearance. I took the large gem into my lab.

I inspected the gem inside my lab. It was a large red, hard gem covered by a thick shell of the hardest diamond I have ever seen. I took a picture of the gem and sent it to professor Oak, but he didn?t recognize it ether, it was not even close to the gems concerning the deoxys incident. The gem had something in it, but I could not describe it, I assumed it was a pokemon. I asked my trusty ditto to transform into the pokemon into the gem.

I set the gem on the floor and summoned my ditto from a pokeball. The moment my ditto set eyes on the gem, it covered them with his makeshift hands in pain. ?Transform, ditto! What?s wrong?? I soon realized what was happening and I put my body in between my ditto and the gem. I put my pokemon into it?s pokeball. I realized the gem emitted a strong light that could not be seen by humans but could be seen by pokemon.

My ditto suddenly went out of it?s pokeball on it?s own. I got distracted from the gem and helped my pokemon into it?s ball again. When I did get ditto into it?s ball, the gem was gone. I called the police.

?Hello, I think there is a new breed of pokemon that had escaped my laboratory (hehehe?), can you help me get it? Yes, when I saw it, it was in a large gem. Oh yeah, pokemon hate the light that comes from this pokemon but we can?t see the same light that they see.(hehehe? bye.)?

The police accepted the report.

I had a rough night, so I went to sleep, waiting for morning.
---------------
Continue the story!

Rules:

1. Follow the standards of this forum (trash talk not aloud, so on and so on)
2. You can be a pokemon or a person (trainer or not), if you are a trainer, you can only have a maximum of six pokemon (you can go through this role-play with only one pokemon).
3. As I have said before, you can be a pokemon, only on a few conditions: there must only be one of each legendary and you cannot be this new pokemon that I have talked about in the story.
4. Only I have the power to change the new pokemon?s appearance, for it?s appearance will be changed to a new stage when the time comes.
5. Have fun and find this new pokemon in your journeys!

Application form:

Name: (The name of your character)
Description: (What your character looks like)
Personality: (How your characters acts alone and with others)
History: (A small History of your characters life)
Other: (Anything else you may wish to add)
RPG sample: (A sample of your RPGing skills)

This is your original sign up sheet, but then again, we are not stopping you from adding other such things like:
Pokemon:
Weapon:

-----------------

that's all. thanks

Last edited:
Years
I've been searching around, and havent been able to find an rp that i really want to join. so im going to run an idea by everyone so that they can comment on it. Now im not really one for all of the new games, and the new pokemon, so i was thinking of starting an rp set in the kanto region, with only kanto pokemon. The idea is to collect all of the badges and end up at facing the elite four. Im kinda new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated

Kamikaze The Monkey

Bomber Hero. :>
Years
Well, i've been RPing at the RWPF for some time, and i'd like to see if my RP idea's good or not. *ahem*

Way up high, in the sky just beyong the stratosphere, there is a road. A road created by the star people of long ago. They were a humble race that lived in the heavens, only wishing to help the ones down below on Earth. But there was one, who did not want to help anyone. He wanted to RULE over the people on Earth, and the people of the heavens. His name, was Ztar. He began to create an army of those who also wanted to rule, and attempted to take over the Star Haven, and steal the all-powerful Star Rod. But he was stopped, by the Star Spirits and the watchman of the Star Road, Geno. They used their power to trap him, and his 6 major generals who fought alongside him, in stars, that made up the Star Road, which connected Star Haven to the Earth. But before he was trapped, he spread his evil all over the world, in th eform of monsters, and in the form of the cruel hearts of evil people. It's been 10,000 years since Ztar was trapped. But, there is one, who wishes to free Ztar, one of his very kin, the evil puppet, Xeno. Of course, there is always good where there is bad, this time in the form of Mario of The Mushroom Kingdom, but this time he'll be getting help. From who, you may ask? YOU!

Yep, my idea for a Mario based RP.

Last edited:

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
Heres an RP Idea I came up with

Incredible Hulk: Abomination Annilation

Bruce Banner AKA The Hulk has recently been captured by General "Thunderbolt" Ross. The Government is hoping to scrape off of some of the Green Goliath's DNA to use to create genetic super-soldiers. A large supply of Hulk's gamma energy is drained from him, but the energy overloads the machine and a meltdown occurs within General Ross's Underground Desert Base. Everyone in the base is exposed to the energy, creating a new army of gamma radiation monsters. Ross and his elite soldiers escaped however. The Leader learns of this event and sees this as an oppurtunity to expand his gamma monster army.

Your character is one of the humans affected by the Radiation. You can either join the Leader or fight against him. You are now a mutant monster, but not necessarily a muscle monster. Here is a list of the classes you can place your character in

Sonic Screamers: Your voice box was mutated the most, you can perfrom Sonic Screams or cause Sonic Booms.

Angry Man: A raging beast just like the Hulk himself. Angry Men (or women) are the strongest physically, but their rage is their best weapon. The angrier they get, the stronger they get. The backside is that they are too beastly to fight strategically. Their fighting style is basically "Smash!"

Muscle Man: Like the angry man, your main asset is Physical Strength. Muscle Men however still have their human minds, but are not as strong as Angry Men.

Olympiad: The most balanced class, Olympiads have some super strength, excellent agility, and in-human jumping skills (rivaling Spiderman's).

Mega Minds: This class features super-minds. Your now have a stunning IQ, and telekinetic abilitys.

Gamma Blasters: These characters have direct control of their rampant gamma energy and they can use it offensively in battle. They can blast foes from a distance with Gamma Beams or coat their bodys in the energy for an extra physical edge in battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please post character's

Name
Class: (one of the Fighting classes mentioned above)
Affiliation: (The Leader or The Good Guys)
Appearence:
History:
Sample RP:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
that sounds cool GodofPH, i'd actually join, if you had a few more superhero topic...things...anyway, You might want an element subject thing...because people seem to like elements a lot.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
Hmm, that could have worked out. Its too late, I've posted it already. But I like that idea. I mean, it could fit in the with Absorbing Man class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back