• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The dumbest thing you have done in the game

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
    I have done many dumb things

letting my brother play my game when I had all 3 birds,mewtwo,and a Lv.87 venusaur and he did a new game and erased it because he wanted charizard (blue version)

Took two weeks to get out of rock tunnel (blue)

missed masterball in R/S once

on yellow had Lv 51 Dugtrio and eveyone else was on lv 30

on same yellow game mentioned uses Lv 32 pikachu to fight loreli (the pikachu beat her dewgong)

On blue used venusaur on any and everything including rival's charizard and moltres

:\

Last edited:

Ghorak

Gum-gum Ball
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 8, 2005
    In Pokemon Ruby, a shiny Tropius appeared and I defeated him x_x

Kveran

I'm super-effective!
    Years
    Yellow was my first GameBoy game. It took me half an hour to figure out how to get out of my house in Pallet Town. Actually, I didn't figure it out; I gave the GameBoy to my cousin, who hadn't touched a GameBoy before in her life. Took her five seconds.

In Blue, I caught M-block without leaving an extra slot in my party. It froze the game, all right, but luckily it hasn't yet corrupted any files.

In Silver, I gave the Cianwood guy back his Shuckle. There actually was some sort of logic behind this, as I figured, "Well, I've got the 'dex information, and maybe he'll give me something in return for it." Nope. I really don't care much, as I just went and banged up a few rocks and caught another one. I'll know what not to do for next time, though.

By around this time, I'd been playing for about six years on multiple versions, so it still surprises me that I actually went up against Red with the same team that I used for the Elite- that is to say, a balanced team... at levels 45. And I knew what I was getting into, as well. I just can't believe I won. Man, those type advantages are a beautiful thing...

Years
    *a few times, i gave my hyper potion to a pokemon that had almost full HP by mistake.
    *i accidently replased my pikachu's thunderbolt with flash, and i didn't notice till right after i saved the game!

and the big one...

(i hadn't saved the game for about three hours)was trying to fish for that fish that's red and blue, and i kept getting mad besouse i couln't snag nothing but stupid wailmers(at the time, i already had a wailmer), i thout that i would just start surfing in the water to keep looking for the fish, when a trainer saw me. i want into the battle mode. the last pokemon that the trainer used was a wailmer. for a moment, i forgot that i was in a trainer battle. i saw that there wasn't a pokeball on the info slide thingy, and, instead of a pokeball, i threw my master ball at it by mistake, and the trainer blocked it!!!!!@^$#%

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    many things have happened to me. In the days of red and blue i totally didn't know how to get out of viridian forest. It took me 5 days, that stupid route it would of been easier if someone told you. and i always got confused about withdraw and deposit.

On Ruby i came across a shiny wingull, i had neva seen shineys on ruby and i fought golds gyrados was just a specual. so i panicked hadn't saved in ages but i reset my game

C.O.H

Patrick Star
    Years
    The stupidest thing I've ever done is restarting (and saving) the game, that means I owerwrited a file with Mew l.100, Ho.Oh l.100 and 50 more Pokemons on level 100. freaky huh?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Funny thing about stupidity...

... it's relative. What one person thinks is stupid isn't necessarily true for another. Take me, for example. If I were looking at it from my perspective, I'd say the stupidest thing I ever did was save up my money like a scrooge, up until I was at the elite four. I didn't ever buy anything unnecessary; I just ran back to the pokecenter a lot. anyway, I got into the first battle and saved just inside the door. I had next to nothing in my inventory, but a whopping 200,000 some-odd er... monetary units... -_- in my wallet. Well, to make a long story short, I challenged the E4 too early, and nothing I did would have let me go past Agatha. I got creamed. And I lost half my money. *Retard Mode=On*D'uh... I gives away all my shineys!!!11 Duuuuhhhh! *Retard Mode=Off*. Lol.

On the other hand, looking at it from an outsider's perspective, the stupidest thing I've ever done would probably be even playing that Pokemon Red Rom of my cousin's all those years ago. It's what got me hooked, and in the many hundreds of hours I've spent playing these games, I could have built a sizeable chunk of the Pyramids of Giza all by myself, lol. I swear, these games are like crack in a cartridge. Here I'm 23 years old, and I'm still addicted to the Pokemon video games!

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    I did (and do) that still. I never touch a Revive or a Potion of any sort unless Im nearly at the end of the Elite 4 and desparate to get that last bit done. So I end up being fairly rich which does hurt when you lose.

And Crack in a Cartridge? More like Sugarcoated Red Cordial Flavoured crack in a cartridge. I have, counting right back to RBY days, most definately 2000hrs of game time. Thats 83.3 days of my life put into pokemon. Not to mention all the other video games I play.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2005
    The first time I played a game (Pokemon Red), I was trying to withdraw pokemon. I was at the pokemon center next to mt. moon. I thought release meant put it in the party, and I got rid of a lv. 20 Beedrill!

Also, I finished playing pokemon after like 10 hours of sitting on the couch tapping buttons. I was still in a poke' daze, my dog jumped on the couch and I was like "What pokemon is that?" It took me 20 seconds to realize I was back in reality.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    We had an exchange student from England named Simon when I was in the 9th grade who tricked me into trading my blastoise for a gyrados, but thats only because Id never seen a gyrados before and got all excited because of how cool it looked. So later (warning story you probably dont wanna hear coming) I met this guy who used to post on Azureheights named Hiro who pretty much taught me how to battle, he showed me how to use gyrados and I swept his entire team (encluding my blastoise and his mewtwo) with my new and improved Gyrados revenge is so sweet lol

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Back in my yellow version, my very first Pokemon game fyi, I got up to Nibi town (I think it's Nibi, Pewter), I kept trying to defeat Takeshi's Geodude and Onix with my Pikachu. Worst of all, everytime I lost, I saved. Then I met Pidgeotto....

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    On Pokemon Yellow Version, which was the first Pokemon game I had, I had gotten a Charmander and it was stored in the PC. So I went into the PC and and I went to Charmander, and I hit release. I thought realease meant to add it to your party Pokemon lol. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Masterballed Lugia then struggled with Ho-oh and the dogs (silver version)

Yumecosmos

Village Idiot (and proud!)
    Years
    I put my blaziken in against a metagross, thinking "fire/fight vs. steel, I've got an advantage!" I forgot that metagross can learn earthquake. I got OHKO'd. ><;

Then there was the time my little sis used fly against my wobbuffet. So of course I knew to use counter, and killed her lv. 67 charizard with my lv. 30-something wobbuffet. I still tease her about it :P Except I'm dumber, cause I got all happy and then tried to use the wobbuffet against her kyogre, who froze me on the first hit. And he was my last pokemon, so that was the end of that.

Then there was the time I accidentally went into the elite four with only five on my team, one of which was a skitty. Yeah. I was like, "hey, what's in this door again... oops."

Years
    ROFLMAO

I've done quite a few stupid things on the Pokemon RBY games:

Tried to do that Yoshi method
    Restarted me game cause I didnt have the legendary birds (147 Pokemon O.O)
    Tried a Mew method that I made up rofl
    Used a Masterball on a Pidgeyotto
    Thought that Cloister evolved into Ghastly
    Trained an Eggsecute upto level 100, then discovered that it needed a leaf stone
    Had a Charizard that only knew Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Spin and Fire Blast
    Had a Pikachu that only knew Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave and Thunder

All in RBY

Back