• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elimination Challenge!

Zeus2398

God
Years
  • Right, two things I wanna say. One, I'm putting a BW Favourite challenge before this challenge. I'm doing it this way instead of the other way round because it won't take as long. Two, I know two people I have a feeling might like this challenge... I'll PM them

EDIT: Already done. We may have BenjiTheKid and Jespoke joining us!

EDIT 2: Forgot Jespoke already tried the challenge, so one person might be joining instead of two...

Last edited:

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Right, two things I wanna say. One, I'm putting a BW Favourite challenge before this challenge. I'm doing it this way instead of the other way round because it won't take as long. Two, I know two people I have a feeling might like this challenge... I'll PM them

EDIT: Already done. We may have BenjiTheKid and Jespoke joining us!

EDIT 2: Forgot Jespoke already tried the challenge, so one person might be joining instead of two...

Cheers for the free publicity :D No problem with people doing other challenges anyway because the whole point is so people have fun anyway.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Your welcome, I suppose. This challenge needs a more respect (and challengers) than it has. I personally think that when I get round to it, this challenge is gonna be well worth it :)

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Your welcome, I suppose. This challenge needs a more respect (and challengers) than it has. I personally think that when I get round to it, this challenge is gonna be well worth it :)

Thank you :) I look forward to your updates as you seem to be getting through your Electric UMC quickly.

EDIT: Just a small update.

Caught Vannilite outside the cool storage Lv.26. He should sit around in my team as backup for now until he evolves... so frail... but Vanillish is alright and Vanilluxe is decent.
    Dawg the Herdier evolved into Dawg the Stoutland :)
    Cleaned out Cold Storage and Route 6
    Shofu the Conkeldurr defeated Clay single handedly with a nice attack boost from Krokorok's Swagger.
    Next Stop: Electric Stone Cave

Current Team: (Wont do impressions yet)

Shofu the Conkeldurr Lv.33
    Dawg the Stoutland Lv.32
    Alla Dat! the Darumaka Lv.31
    Friday the Trubbish Lv. 27
    Coco the Vannilite Lv. 26
    Munna the Munna Lv. 26

Types Lost: Water, Rock, Electric, Bug, Grass
    Types Using: Fighting, Normal, Fire, Poison, Ice, Psychic
    Types Unused: Dragon, Dark, Steel, Ground, Ghost, Flying

Last edited:

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • I think I know where Shofu the Conkeldurr and Alla dat the Darumaka came from... You been watching Shofu BW battles on youtube?

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    I think I know where Shofu the Conkeldurr and Alla dat the Darumaka came from... You been watching Shofu BW battles on youtube?

Yeah... good spot :) do you know what reference Trubbish is??

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Yeah... good spot :) do you know what reference Trubbish is??

Yeah I watched Shofu as well a while back (Before I had BW). Not a clue where Friday the Trubbish comes from though... I spend too much time on the computer looking at updates on challenges, I need to speed up on Platinum section of my Electric UMC (Two badges, soon to be three :))

Um, yeah, a question. If you have pokemon in storage, and your whole team faints, can you carry on, or is it game over :0? Also, if you fail an Ultimate, do you start fully again, or from the start of the region (Depending if you wanna continue). Cause if you fail in the E4 on Black, on an Ulti, then people are gonna be on a rampage... Also, say you have a Nidoran, but using optional rule 5, you use it as a Ground type, and it faints, because it is not yet a ground type, does it rule out Ground (as you meant it to be), or Poison?

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    For the Trubish: Rebecca Black? If thats the case, it fits well :P

For the Nidoran: I think you cant use pokemon for a type they're not yet.

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Yeah I watched Shofu as well a while back (Before I had BW). Not a clue where Friday the Trubbish comes from though... I spend too much time on the computer looking at updates on challenges, I need to speed up on Platinum section of my Electric UMC (Two badges, soon to be three :))

Um, yeah, a question. If you have pokemon in storage, and your whole team faints, can you carry on, or is it game over :0? Also, if you fail an Ultimate, do you start fully again, or from the start of the region (Depending if you wanna continue). Cause if you fail in the E4 on Black, on an Ulti, then people are gonna be on a rampage... Also, say you have a Nidoran, but using optional rule 5, you use it as a Ground type, and it faints, because it is not yet a ground type, does it rule out Ground (as you meant it to be), or Poison?

Yeah I have been watching him recently but have stopped now because I spent too much time wathing Youtube and I have just got my first full time job. Yeah, again I spend to much time reading other updates on this forum too but I am wayyy slower than you at completing challenges.

As for your questions, Nidoran can only be Poison type using optional rule 5 and you can catch another ground type whatever happens to it. If you aren't using optional rule 5 and it faints before it is Nidoking/queen then you can still catch a ground type as you have never had a ground type. Another example would be you can have a Chimchar and a Machop but Chimchar CANNOT evolve.

If you get swept and have Pokemon in your box then it is your call (I would personally continue). As for the Ultimate each you only have to restart the region, otherwise it would be quite harsh. Especially because the start of the game is proving to be quite difficult for people and sometimes you can be unlucky.

For the Trubish: Rebecca Black? If thats the case, it fits well :P

For the Nidoran: I think you cant use pokemon for a type they're not yet.

Correct it is Rebecca Black :D and you are correct for Nidoran :)

Just noticed you are waiting to do Bug Monotype on White... I really enjoyed doing that on my Japanese ROM and now Leavanny is one of my favourites :D

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Your right, i Finished Platinum today (With my awesome Scizor :D) I like nearly all the new bug Pokemon, so have to leave some out, with, in this case is Leavanny, because i used it in my regular run (Because i liked it so :D) I'm looking most forward to using Scolipede though.
    BTW, I still read all the posts for this challenge :)

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    May I join?

Name: Kanpai
    Game: White
    Rules: 5

Of course! I look forward to you updating :) (adds to the challengers list)

Your right, i Finished Platinum today (With my awesome Scizor :D) I like nearly all the new bug Pokemon, so have to leave some out, with, in this case is Leavanny, because i used it in my regular run (Because i liked it so :D) I'm looking most forward to using Scolipede though.
    BTW, I still read all the posts for this challenge :)

Scolipede is the best Bug-type in my opinion but is heavily let down by its second type compared to the others I used (Leavanny, Crustle, Galvantula, Durant, Volcarona) so much I dropped it for Shuckle after the E4 (which pretty much soloed to second E4). Remember to give Scolipede Megahorn via heart scale though. What is your planned team if you have one?

RE: last sentence: Thank you :) I kind of designed the challenge for interesting reading seeing which Pokemon people choose (why I dont like the 5th optional rule lol) and how they do. I find Nuzlocke a lot more intersting to read than say a duo species challenege.

Years
  • -Got Snivy
    -Pwnd Cheren & Bianca
    -Got Pokedex & TownMap
    -Saved and went to bed

Team:

Grass(Snivy - Adamant) 6 Male Overgrow [GRASS]

Tackle
    Leer

OOU(Out of update)SOrry for short update,next ones will be longer, parents nagged metill I went to bed ¬¬

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Of course! I look forward to you updating :) (adds to the challengers list)

Scolipede is the best Bug-type in my opinion but is heavily let down by its second type compared to the others I used (Leavanny, Crustle, Galvantula, Durant, Volcarona) so much I dropped it for Shuckle after the E4 (which pretty much soloed to second E4). Remember to give Scolipede Megahorn via heart scale though. What is your planned team if you have one?

RE: last sentence: Thank you :) I kind of designed the challenge for interesting reading seeing which Pokemon people choose (why I dont like the 5th optional rule lol) and how they do. I find Nuzlocke a lot more intersting to read than say a duo species challenege.

I'm gotta use Scolipede, Crustle, Durant, Volcarona (With people always say appears too late to use, through you can get the egg after 6. gym) and maybe Galvantula. I cant trade, so i cant get Accelgor and Escavalier though

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Um, I'm gonna re-sign up, becuase I've decided to change a few things:

Username: Zeus2398
    In-game name: Zeus
    Games: FR, HG, Ruby, Platinum, Black
    Ultimate: Yes
    Starters: Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar, Oshawott
    Optional rules: 3, 5

Also, maybe as an optional rule, you can use Revives (:0) but ONLY against really hard people e.g E4, Red, Champion etc? Also, what if you're given a pokemon without wanting to, such as the Lapras in Silph.co? Do you have to use it (If you don't already have it's type(s)?

Also, still got ages to go before taking on this challenge, still because I need to conquer the Electric UMC (Three badges, took a while to train Rotom :)), and the favourite challenge. Gonna spend ages on this challenge, overlevelling FTW! (No emulator, all actual, so...)

Last edited:

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Also, maybe as an optional rule, you can use Revives (:0) but ONLY against really hard people e.g E4, Red, Champion etc? Also, what if you're given a pokemon without wanting to, such as the Lapras in Silph.co? Do you have to use it (If you don't already have it's type(s)?

No problem, but not against gym leaders (E4 is the first time you can and lets say each Pokemon gets an added life if you want). As for Lapras etc. You don't have to use it, release ASAP if you arent going to use it.

Anyway update time!
    • Started making my way through Chargestone Cave (this took forvever!)
    • Had a scare with Friday the Trubbish against a Hone Claws x1 Pursuit as I switched out. 8HP left...
    • Had a scare again with friday against a 3x Quiver Dancing Lilligant, switched into Alla Dat! (Darumaka) got Teeter Danced hit by confusion, switched to Shofu (Conkeldurr) to just about clean up.
    • Got outside and went straight for the move relearner. Found out I only had 1 heart scale :( (I wanted 4)
    • Went back to Driftevil to get another one
    • Re-taught Munna Psybeam (he is useful again :D) *Remember I taught Schoyronise over it as its only attacking move*
    • Taught Dawg (Stoutland) Thunder Fang for the next gym
    • Felt bad for not giving Trubbish Toxic Spikes and Acid Spray but he had just learnt Slugde Bomb
    • Alla Dat! evolved in Darmanitan :D
    • Saved in Route 7
    Current Team:

Shofu the Conkeldurr Lv 35: Wake Up Slap, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Bulk Up

Just about takes the MVP title so far. A hard hitting physical tank at this point in the game, nothing has got close to taking it out except for a 3x Quiver Dancing Lilligant but Shofu got the job done as usual.

Alla Dat! the Darmanitan Lv 35: Flare Blitz, Flame Punch, Hammer Arm, Work Up

Second place MVP and will most likely take that mantle from here. Has just learnt Flare Blitz (this guy learns great moves early on), removed Hustle for Sheer Force (one of the best abilities) and now has extra coverage with Hammer Arm. Plus he looks awesome :D Looking forward to training him further.

Dawg the Stoutland Lv 34: Return, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Work Up

3rd place goes to Dawg because at this point in the game he is brilliant. Although no stats jump out at you like the above two he is a great all rounder and a handy go to for a quick kill. I am hoping Thunder Fang will help preserve him from here as Normal types only go downhill from this stage. (No type advantage) However, I must remember how much I relied on him at the start of the game (I needed him over Oshawott)

Friday the Trubbish Lv 31: Sludge Bomb, Take Down, Stockplie, Swallow

Ughhh, I hate Poison types, he has a type advantage over a whole 1 type and no moves to change that. I wish he had Acid Spray so he can sweep and Toxic Spikes for support if I ever need that with my top 3. I haven't looked when he evolves but I hope he does soon (don't tell me) and he has a significant improvement. On the plus side however he can take a hit.

Coco the Vannilite Lv 29: Avalanche, Mirror Shot, Taunt, Mist

Again she is soooooooo frail... I have to be extra careful with her. She as spent most of the time sitting at the front of the party with a Lucky Egg (this guy levels up slowly remember about 4 levels behind with the same amount of Exp) being switched out from anything that isn't Sandile or pathetically weak to keep up with the rest (kind of). Hopefully she can help out against Skyla as Shofu won't be doing much and Ice Beam will be great when he finally evolves into Vanillite.

Munna the Munna Lv 29: Psybeam(new), Charge Beam(also new), Nightmare (again this is new), Yawn

A completely new moveset for a Pokemon that was so useless I couldn't be bothered to train it (this was my fault however). I haven't used it yet- only switch baited it up to a decent level. Hopefully it is as decent as it was before and I will wait until it learns Psychic before evolving it unless it is absolutely useless. LVP at the moment but that may shift to Coco or Friday soon if he is any good now.

The deceased: (Read my earlier updates to see what I thought of them)

Oshawott Lv.12
    Roggenrola Lv.25
    Blitzle Lv.18
    Leavanny Lv.26

Types left to use: Dark, Flying, Ground, Ghost, Dragon, Steel

Planned catches: Bisharp, Golurk and Haxorus OR Cofagrigus, Excadrill, Mandibuzz and Haxorus depending on what happens.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • Wait, an extra life for E4 battles, or just if it ever dies, it can be revived (Like, healed, not using actual revives) once, in the whole game? Um, are you gonna add it to the rules, or ? Also, why are you on the failed list?

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Wait, an extra life for E4 battles, or just if it ever dies, it can be revived (Like, healed, not using actual revives) once, in the whole game? Um, are you gonna add it to the rules, or ? Also, why are you on the failed list?

No I meant if you are going to heal a fainted Pokemon you can only ever do this once per Pokemon and only during the E4 or Red. I am not going to put this on the rules list because I don't want lots of people doing it.

I am on the failed list because I lost to Cheren after the 1st badge but have started again.

Zeus2398

God
    Years
  • How about, five Revives are aloud per difficult trainer (I mean the E4 in total, not just each member), such as Red, Champion etc

As for the failed list... Forgot about that XD

Hacki101

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    How about, five Revives are aloud per difficult trainer (I mean the E4 in total, not just each member), such as Red, Champion etc

As for the failed list... Forgot about that XD

Ummm, 5 for the E4 and champion and another 5 for Red/Steven in Emerald is as many as you are allowed. I dont want it to be too easy.

Back