• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Challenge: Hoenn Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 6: Petalburg Forest

"Well, this map says that we have to travel through Petalburg Woods to get to Rustboro City…" Shaun said, yawning. They had only gotten up a few moments ago, and still had not fully awakened, or at least, their senses seemed to have been dulled. Her eyes were still heavy with sleep, she had not slept well last night, but then, she had never slept too well. Her mind was simply just too active, and she stayed awake late into the night, thinking about subjects and things that would never even be important in her life, about things that she would never need to know about, or to know. Strange as if was, it was a fact, and, the way it went in her book, facts did not change. So far, the fact that she was almost always kept awake late into the night because of her stupid mind and brain or whatever had not changed yet. Though, come to think of it, Shaun realized that she felt more awake all of a sudden, now that she had gotten thinking about what made a fact.

More awake, at least, than Electrike, who seemed to have dozed off next to her, and Poochyena, who was letting out occasionally sleepy growls as it continued to hover somewhere between being half-asleep and being half-awake. Weren't they the same things though? Half-asleep and half-awake? Half-asleep means that you're not quite asleep, you're somewhat aware of what's going on around you, but its all fuzzy, and you can't quite comprehend what anyone else is saying, or what you happen to be saying at the moment, for that matter. Shaun said to herself, and half-awake means that you're not quite awake, still half in sleep, but you're at least conscious and somewhat alert, though not really. Well then, I guess they really are the same things, or nearly.

By the time she had finished with deciding whether half-asleep and half-awake meant the same thing or not, both her Pokemon were fully awake and ready to start their journey through Petalburg Woods. More ready than she was, at least, as her mind was still on the terms "half-asleep," and "half-awake." Funny how these two terms could have her thinking for a full ten or so minutes, when most people, when asked the question "do you think half-asleep and half-awake mean the same thing?" Would reply, "yeah, sure, whatever." And continue on with their day.

"Great! Now we can start the day, right guys?" She shook herself from her thoughts and stood up, rather more cheerful and perky than she usually was, like those stupid cheerleaders on TV, who always wore fake smiles and an expression of bland cheeriness. It made them all sort of…blend together, until it was pretty much impossible to tell them apart and they all kind of melted together into one big picture. That was how it looked to Shaun, that was how it had always looked. But no more on that matter. She could feel herself falling into deep thought once more, and was reluctant to hold her and her Pokemon back any more. She had probably made them wait long enough while she thought about…

Anyways, Shaun thought firmly to herself, we'd better get some food and get going, I bet Electrike and Poochyena would agree. Her Pokemon were already being led away, looking like they weren't quite sure what was going on, by a Chansey that had nothing better to do and figured it would pass the time showing Shaun and her Pokemon where to eat. Shaun already knew where she could get some food, of course, but followed behind patiently as the Chansey led them into a room with a handful of sleepy looking trainers. Sitting them down, it rushed away to make some food.

After eating, though Shaun had to admit the food tasted slightly odd, especially the pancakes, which tasted a little too salty for her taste, though she didn't say so, for fear of hurting the Pokemon's feelings. Electrike, walking beside her, as it enjoyed traveling through forests, and Poochyena, in its Pokeball, had both gagged slightly as the Chansey prompted them to sample the Pokemon Food that it had concocted from a recipe that seemed as if it had made up on the spot after they were finished with the prepared food that they had been given, though neither of them made a negative comment.

As they entered the Petalburg Woods, the air immediately became cooler. Overhead, branches crisscrossed and the weak morning sunlight filtered in through the leaves. In the morning, the forest was beautiful, with an almost otherworldly feel, and Shaun shivered, though she wasn't cold. Electrike seemed to love it in the forest, however, and it had a certain skip in its step as it led the way down a mossy path, and Shaun had to run in order to keep and keep from losing sight of Electrike in the leafy undergrowth. As soon as she had caught up, a rustling in the trees caught her attention, and she saw a strange Pokemon resembling a Pinecone in the tree branches right above them. She had never seen a Pokemon like that, but before she could get a good look at it, it had disappeared. Shaun gazed at the spot for another few seconds, before she shrugged and walked on, following Electrike.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Slytherfang: The post was quite moody-feeling. It reminded me how tired I am at the moment lol. You may continue on in the woods.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    ((OOC: Ummm I just realized isn't Treeko supposed to learn Absorb at lvl.6? In my battle right now I won't use it just wondering.))

Max stood there under the sky covered tree tops. Max was so glad he was close to leaving the forest. Treeko was standing next to his leg looking suspicous at Max.

"What's wrong Treeko?" Max asked.

Treeko looked down at the path and then ran off.

"Wait. Treeko come back!" Max called after the gecko.

Max dashed down the path following Treeko. Treekoo dashed up a tree and then started jumping from branch to branch. Doing this Max lost Treeko and couldn't find him. Max looked in every bush he passed. Climbed every tree he passed. He even asked fellow trainers in the forest he saw and the answer was always the same...No.

Max sat dwon on the ground at a base of a tree. He curled up and stuck his head in his arms. He felt so much like crying but didn't incase people came by him crying. He looked up and saw a green tail on the trail.

He dashed towards it and saw Treeko hiding from something.

"Treeko?" Max asked beding down next to the gecko.

Treeko looked at him and jumped in his arms. Then he got out and stood there. Then they both could here voices. Treeko jumped and pulled Max into the bushs. Two men appeared coming down the trail. One was the goon Max had battled earlier! The other one was dressed like him but Max didn't recognize him.

Max looked at Treeko who nodded.

"Hey. You!" Max shouted appearing out of the bushs. They jumped on the trail infront of the two.

"Hey its that punk from earlier I was telling you about." The goon said.

"Ok kid. You want to interfear with Team Aqua do ya. Then I'll take you on. And I'll take your wimpy Treeko with me." the other one said.

"Bring it on." Max said standing there calmly.

The goon chose a pokeball and a Poocheyana appeared out of it.

"Poocheyana use Sand Attack!"

"Treeko use Pound!"

Treeko dashed at the Poocheyana who was kicking dirt up. This didn't affect Treeko, though, because now Treeko jumped in a tree and hid from Poocheyana. The Poocheyana turned it's back at Treeko not knowing where it was and Treeko came down from the tree and wacked the Poocheyana to the ground.

"Poocheyana use Tackle!"

"Pound again."

The tow pokemon came at eachother. Poocheyana hit Treeko's tail while Treeko was trying to hit Poocheyana's body. Poocheyana and Treeko both pushed eachother away and Treeko spun around swiftly and dashed at Poocheyana. Poocheyana slid back a few feet and just stood there. Treeko wacked Poocheyana's head with his tail and Poocheyana flew into a tree.

Poocheyana strugled to get up but did.

"Poocheyana Tackle."

"Treeko Pound."

Treeko was quicker then Poocheyana and hit him into a tree again. Poocheyana ran at Treeko and tackled him to the ground. Treeko without command again pushed Poocheyana off of him and threw him into a tree. Then he dashed and pushed Poocheyana into the tree with force causing the tree to give way and break in half.

Poocheyana landed severly hurt and Treeko still continued to try to hurt it. He spun around in a flurry and almost hit Poocheyana again, but Max stepped in and grabbed Treeko.

"Treeko stop! We've already won basicaly. Stop causing this Poocheyana more pain ok?" Max yelled at him.

Treeko came to his senses and nodded.

"Poocheyana!" the goon said picking the dog up.

He glared at Max and said "This sin't over you brat."

Then the two men dashed away. Max looked at Treeko disappointed and kept on walking. The two came to the exit of Petalburg woods sooner then max thught they would. Max looked behind him and saw Treeko lurking behind him.

Max continued to walk out and then soon came to the exit. They were almost to Rustburo City and Treeko was supposed to battle in Max's first Gym challenge, but Max didn't know wether or not to use Treeko now.

((OOC: I am gonna make my Rustburo posts a little long so is it possible that I could maybe do four posts for Rustburo plz???I might be able to squeez it into three posts but I dont know...))

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Good post! I'm sorry, Treeko is supposed to learn Absorb. My mistake.
    Treeko grew to level 9!
    Treeko learned Absorb!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max lingered into town with Treeko trailing behind him. He ventured into the town's pokemon center and got his pokemon all healed up. Max went outside and tried to figure out who he would use.

"Rock type gym. Can't use Pikachu because they are super affective against him...I guess I'll have to use Zigzagoon and Treeko." Max murmered to himself.

He stood up and looked around for the gym. He found it and walked into the huge building. He stepped inside to find the whole battlefield covered in rocks and dirt.

"Hello and welcome to Rustburo City's gym. Have you come to battle me?" a lady asked.

Max looked up and saw a young lady with black hair, pink ribbons in her hair, a short blue dress, and pink leggings on.

"Hi. My name is Max from Littleroot Town, and yes. i have come for a gym battle." Max said.

"Ok then Max. Take your position on the battlefield." she said. "Oh, I foregot to mention my name. Hi I'm Raxanne." she said.

Max nodded and took his position on the battlefield. Then a ref stepped onto the judging box. The two trainers then took their pokeballs and threw them.

"Go, Geodude." Roxanne said.

"Go, Treeko." Max said.

A big rock with two arms popped out of Roxanne's while the little gecko popped out of Max's. Max scanned the pokemon with his pokedex.

Geodude, the rock pokemon. Found in fields and mountains. Mistaking them for boulders, people often step or trip on them.

Max looked at Treeko who was in his fighting stance and rearing to go.

"Round 1. Geodude vs. Treeko. Begin!" the ref said.

"Geodude use Defense Curl." Roxanne said.

"Treeko Absorb." Max said.

The Geodude put his arms up to his face and turned silver for a minute and then back to his rock color. Treeko sent a ball of green flying at the Geodude. It hit and then rocketed back to Treeko. The Geodude gave a cry of pain for it was super effective.

"Ok. Geodude use Tackle."

"Dodge and use Pound Treeko."

The Geodude hurled itself at Treeko. Treeko moved at the last moment and spun around to hit it with his tail. It knocked the Geodude to the ground, but the Geodude got up quick because the attack was not very effective.

"Rock Throw."

"Pound."

The Geodude picked up one of the huge rocks and hurled it at Treeko. Treeko dashed at it and hit it with his tail to try and break it, but it didn't work. The rock kept coming and hit Treeko sending both the rock and him flying into another rock. When the rocks made contact against Treeko's body the rocks both broke.

Treeko struggled to get up but he did.

"Absorb."

Before Roxane could counter with an attack or dodge the green ball of light hit Geodude and rocketed back to Treeko. Super effective against Geodude and healed Treeko up a bit.Then Treeko started to glow a bright green color.

"What's happening? Treeko!" Max cried out.

"It's overgrow." Roxanne said.

"It's what?" Max asked.

"Overgrow. It's an ability only starting grass type pokemon and some others have. When your grass type poekmon's HP is lower then 30% it activates. It makes your grass type attacks stronger." Roxanne explained.

"Well ok then. Treeko use Absorb."

"Geodude dodge."

It was true. it was stronger. It was sent flying faster then ever at Geodude it barely missed but came rocketing back through its body sapping some HP. The Geodude gave another welp of pain and fell to the ground KO.

"Geodude is unable to battle...Treeko wins." the ref said.

Roxanne called Geodude back to her pokeball and then chose a new one.

"You won't be so lucky with this pokemon. Go, Nosepass." she said.

A weird looking pokemon popped out and Max scanned it.

Nosepass, the compass pokemon. It's nose is a magnet. As a result, it's nose always face north.

"absorb."

"Rock Tomb."

The Nosepass sent a bunch of rocks into the air above Treeko. Treeko then sent a ball of green at the Nosepass. Then the rocks came tumbling on Treeko before he could see what happened. Treeko sat there in the rocks waiting to see if the ball would come back. It did. It had hit the Nosepass and returned the health to Treeko.

"Now make the rocks crush up against Treeko."

The rocks sddenly got tighter and tighter.

"Treekoooooooo!" Treeko yelped in pain.

"Stop. He's in pain." Max cried out.

The Nosepass released it's grip on Treeko. Then Treeko rolled out on the floor KO.

"Treeko is unable to battle. Nosepass wins." the ref said.

Max ran over and picked Treeko up.

"You ok?" Max asked.

"Treeko." Treeko said.

Max returned Treeko to his pokeball and picked another one.

"Go, Zigzagoon." Max said.

The raccoon popped out of her pokeball.

"Round 3. Zigzagoon vs. Nosepass begin." the ref said.

"Nosepass Rock Tomb."

"Headbutt."

The Nosepass hurled rocks at the running Zigzagoon missing her with every boulder. She made it to the Nosepass and Headbutted his head. The Nosepass fell to the ground and got up quickly.

"Headbutt again."

"Block."

Zigzagoon thrust her head at the Nosepass, but the Nosepass quickly caught it. Then it threw her away from it.

"Rock Tomb."

The Nosepass hurled rocks at the flying Zigzagoon trampling her to the ground.

"Squeeze."

The rocks got tighter and tighter and tighter.

"Ziiiiiig!" Zigzagoon yelped out in pain.

The Nosepass let go and the Zigzagoon rolled out onto the floor KO.

"Zigzagoon is unable to battle. Nosepass wins. Roxanne from Rustburo City is the victor." the ref said.

Max fell to his knees.

You mean I lost. I actually lost, and to my first gym battle too. Max thought.

He called Zigzagoon to her pokeball and then dashed out of the gym to the pokemon center. He healed his pokemon and then sat on an unoccupied bench to try to figure out what to do next. Then someone came by and 'accidentally' dropped a flyer on his lap.

((OOC: My next post is gonna start with the flyer thing:)))

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Aww, poor little Max. I'll still give experience for effort.
    Treeko grew to level 11!
    Zigzagoon grew to level 11!
    Treeko learned Quick Attack!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    ((OOC: Ok here is the next part for my Rustburo story.))

Max flipped the flyer over and read it to himself. It said:

The Pokenav! A one in a million device. It has a map in it which reduces the times that you get lost, It will record the data of recent pokemon battles in like leagues or tournaments, and it is essential for pokemon coordinators to keep track of their pokemon's feelings! You could have this device for free as long as you come and pick one up by the end of the thirteenth. So come on down to the Devon Corporation and get yourself a pokenav!
    Max looked at the date on a calender in the center. Today was the thirteenth. Max ran up to Nurse Joy and asked her to keep his pokemon while he went and got a pokenav. Nurse Joy said that was fine and Max quickly dashed out of the center. He ran in and out of the crowd of people wanting to get a pokenav until one man actually grabbed his collar.

"Wah!" Max cried grabbing his neck.

"No. Don't go that way...come this way with me." the mysterious man said.

It didn't look like Max had a choice so he followed the man. They got into the corporation through a back door and the man took off his long black robe. He wore a purple suit with black stripes down the side and he had gray hair.

"Hello. I'm president of the Devon Corporation. You're Max right?" he asked.

"Y-yes sir. But how did you know my name?" Max asked confused.

"You're father told me what you looked like...we've been friends forever." the man said.

"Who are you?" Max asked.

"Oh forgive me. I am Scott Devon. Creater of the Devon Corporation." Scott said.

"Oh. Wait I remember! My dad said something about meeting someone named Scott Devon!" Max said.

Scott smiled and motioned for Max to follow him.

"So, I understand you lost your first gym match did ya?" Scott asked.

Max looked down at his feet.

"Yeah." he said barely able to make it loud as it came out as a whisper.

Scott blinked and stopped smiling.

"Max, becoming a master is hard, and you aren't gonna win all your gym matches." Scott said.

"My mom when she was a trainer did alongside her Treeko. I have a Treeko too but he lost against a Nosepass." Max said.

Scott looked into space as if trying to come up with a solution but turned around to face the hallway they were walking down. Max looked down there too to see a man with a white lab coat walking down the same way they were going.

"Max. I need you to be very quiet. We are going to follow that man." Scott said.

Then they started following the man very casual as if they were just going the same way as him.

"Mr. Devon. Why are we following that man?" Max asked.

"Max. I am the creator of the Devon Corporation. All of my employies have to do their application in front of me, and when they do that I get a visual rememberance of what they look like. But, I have never seen that man before." Scott said.

Max nodded and then the man looked behind him. He saw the two of them and dashed off. Then Scott and Max ran after him.

"Scott. Were is that man headed?" Max asked.

"To the roof. He can't escape. i'm certain he is a spy." scott said.

Max gritted his teethe as they ran up the stairs to the roof. The got on top of the roof and cornered the man.

"Ha. You're trapped now. Nowhere to run." Scott said.

Then suddenly the man pulled the lab coat off of himself and revieled a uniform. He wore a red shirt, a red hood, a pair of brown pants, a red belt, and black gloves. On the shirt was an image of what looked to be a mountain.

Max reliezed who this organization was and then stopped breathing.

"Team...Magma." Max whispered.

Scott turned around and looked at Max. By now Max started breathing again and was as red as a tomato.

"You ok Max?" scott answered.

Max didn't answer him. instead he reached for his pokeballs but remembered he left them al with Nurse Joy. Then he suddenly dashed after the Team Magma grunt. The grunt moved out of the way and Max noticed a mechanical thing strapped to his back. The man pressed a button and two wings appeared. Then the man stepped to the edge of the building. max dashed after him and grabbed the man's legs right as the man pressed a button and then they both were sent flying into the air.

"get off of me you little brat." the man said.

"No. i want my mother back you low life jerks!" Max said climbing up the man's body.

"wait. You're the son of Hitsomu Tegeku?" the grunt asked.

Max stopped climbing up the man's body and the man grabbed Max's shirt. he pushed Max off of him but still held Max's shirt. He dropped Max and Max was sent plummeting to the ground.

He knows who my mom is. I can't let him get away. I want answers. Max thought as he plummeted to the ground.

suddenly he landed on the back of a big bird. It was tan and had a long beak.

"Fearow bring him back over here!" Scott called out.

the bird flew over to the building and landed. Max climbed off and looked out to where the man was at. He couldn't find the grunt. Scott called Fearow back to its pokeball and his put his hand on Max's shoulder knowing what happened.

"Max, I'm sorry. i know you wanted answers and didn't get them." Scott said.

Max didn't answer and Scott dug in his pocket for something. It was a mechanical device like the one in the picture on the flyer.

"Here is a pokenav. Designed especially for you. It has a picture of your mother in it." Scott said handing it to Max.

Max thanked him and left to the pokemon center. Nurse Joy gave him his pokemon and Max sat down on a bench getting ready to try out the gym again.​

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    Chapter 6 (Part 3): Interruption! The Tale of the Black Cloak!

Makuhita stared intently at Nosepass. The floor was ice-cold, and the rocks in the ceiling looked like they were closing in on everything. It all rested on Makuhita's shoulders, now. Hunter waited, sweat accumulating on the back of his neck. The air was thick with tension, and every breath he took, Hunter enhaled even more.

Roxeanne was no stranger to losing, but also a friend of winning. Hunter, however, did not know defeat, thus it ushered a darker future for him. He didnt plan on this being his first loss. He searched for a weakness, anything that could help him.

"See, back then, tunnels and holes were not created by machines." His teacher said. He was back in school, sitting next to his friends. Rather than slacking off, he was listening. Unusuall for him, but nontheless, he listened. "Then what did we use?" Questioned a curious voice. "Why, by our own bare hands..."

Hunter looked over the Opponent Nosepass. Yes, all the complexion of a rock, like the last one. Fighting over Rock, eh? He thought of Makuhita, and his strong jabs and moves. His anxiety faded, it was replaced with a warm smile.

The Gym Leader noticed this, and decided to wipe it off his face. "What are you smiling at?! Nosepass, use Rock Tomb!" Rocks tumbled from the cieling, piling up around Makuhita. A pile of jagged rocks lay around him, but a rock shifted and Makuhita climbed out. He wasnt hurt that badly, but he had a scrape or two.

"Tackle, Nosepass!" It began to run at Makuhita, still standing on the pile of rocks.

"Makuhita, dodge it!" Makuhita waited for Nosepass to leap, but instead of dodging, it kicked a nearby pile of sand in his face. Nosepass missed terribly, while Makuhita looked at Hunter, asking for approval. Hunter gave him the thumbs up, and tackled the recovering Nosepass.

"Awesome, now follow it up with a Arm Thrust!" Nosepass had got to its feet, and with a command from Roxeanne, threw up his arms to cushion the Arm Thrusts' blow. It did not do much, but Nosepass was still clinging to conciousness.

"Makuhita, Focus Energy, then hit him all with a tackle!" A wavering Nosepass attempted to throw up his hands for another block, but the Focused Tackle broke the block, and sent Nosepass spiraling into the wall. Just as this was happening, Sophie burst through the Gym door, the man Hunter had saw in the anteroom of the Gym Room trying to stop her.

"Hunter, you need to go, there is something bad happening." Sophie exclaimed, running to the confused boy.

"Sophie, how did you-" Hunter started, but was interrupted by a crash on top of the Gym.

"Come with me!" Sophie yelled, grabbing Hunters arm and dragging him outside the Gym. He managed to break free.

"Hold on!" He yelled, "I need Makuhita and my badge!" He had begun to run back over to the stunned Roxeanne.

She quickly handed him the badge, and pushed him away, as if she wanted him out of her Gym as quickly as possible.

Pikachu was awake now, ushering Makuhita outside with Sophie and Hunter.

Three men in black cloaks sat atop three weird looking creatures, which were flying. Hunter swiped them with his Pokedex.

Salamance, The Dragon Pokemon
    As a result of its long-held dream of flying, its cellular structure changed, and wings grew out.

This didn't look good. Pickachu had rushed out of the Gym with Makuhita, only to stare in fear and awe at the ferocious Pokemon. Hunter quickly recalled Makuhita and picked up Pikachu and ran for his life. Sophie was right behind him, and fiery blasts from the Salamances scorched nearby Earth. Hunter ran past the Mart, and next to the PokeCenter as he doubled over. Sophie was behind him, on the floor gasping for breath.

Pikachu was trying her hardest to drag her owner to safety, as she stared at the enclosing creatures.

At that point, a man burst from the PokeCenter, releasing a Pokeball. Hunter looked at him, he was the old man that had told him about his father.

His Pokeball released a blue bird atop a cloud. Hunter, still panting, scanned his PokeDex once again.

Altaira, the Humming Pokemon
    It looks like a fluffy cloud when it is in flight. It hums with its soprano voice.

Hunter could not hear the hearing, because it was replaced with something else. A spray of that fiery blast that the Salamances were using was shooting out of its mouth. This Pokemon must of been twice as strong as those Dragon Pokemon, because they turned tail and ran the other way.

The Old Man and the Altaria helped up Sophie and Hunter. Hunter couldn't believe it, his heart was pounding. It was them again. He had lost such fear of them because of the populous city, but still.

"What do they want from me!?" He gasped. The old man looked at him inquisitively. He pointed at the necklace that Hunter's Grandfather had given him long ago.

"Why, after this of course."

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To CTFx: Wow, the ending is leaving me hanging! I can't wait to read more in the next chapter!
    Makuhita grew to level 13!
    Makuhita is trying to learn Fake Out, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Fake Out? (respond in ooc thread)
    You earned a Stone Badge!
    You earned a TM 39!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Chapter 6: Petalburg Forest (Part 2)

"Yena!" A voice suddenly called out, and Shaun spun around. Poochyena had somehow escaped from the Pokeball, currently it was batting a leaf, and she couldn't blame it for doing so, meaning escaping from its Pokeball. Being the person that she was, she scooped Poochyena up in her arms and hugged it.

"I'm sorry, I should have thought to let you out of your Pokeball." She said apologetically, immediately feeling guilty. It really wasn't fair that Poochyena should be cooped up in a Pokeball when Electrike was free to walk outside next to her.

For some strange reason, Poochyena didn't seem to mind, though normally one would have growled and struggled to get free. Maybe it was just tired, yes, that was it, as it watched, Poochyena's eyelids began to drop again, and it yawned hugely, its ears pricking forward. Such a sweet little Pokemon, was Shaun's thought, till she remembered how vicious they could be.

"I guess he's....pretty tired, maybe I should carry him for a bit, until he wakes up again, that it." She added, speaking to Electrike, as the Poochyena's eyes fully closed and he was pretty soundly asleep.

"Trike?" Electrike replied absently, as it glared up into the trees, and Shaun seemed to sense something there, a presence or something. But then again, there were a ton of Pokemon living in the treetops, obviously one or two of them could possibly be lurking in the trees above them.

Suddenly, a man seemed to just...drop out of the trees. He was wearing a blue bandanna on his head, a black and white striped short sleeved t-shirt, and blue pants with a thick white stripe down the sides. He also wore black shoes and black gloves. Black, white, and blue themed? Interesting person, I'll bet he's weird. Shaun could have slapped her forehead, what was that last thought all about. But then he glared at her, the...she didn't know what, anger, surprise...loathing or greed perhaps? Whatever it was that existed in his eyes and facial expression startled her and she stepped back.

"And Electrike....and a Poochyena." He murmured, whipping out an electronic device, he appeared to be putting information into it, muttering quietly as he did so. Shaun wondered what he was all about.

"Er...I hope I don't sound rude or anything, but who the heck are you?" Shaun asked, rather more boldly than she normally would have in this circumstance. The man looked up at her again as if only just noticing that she was there. Weird.

"Hand over your Pokemon and no one gets hurt." He growled, making his point clear and simple, it was impossible not to understand what he meant.

"What? No way am I just going to hand them over! In fact, there's no way you're taking them!" Shaun replied, suddenly bristling at what the man had just said. Why the heck would he want my Pokemon? He should have some of his own. The man stepped forward, the look on his face becoming more and more menacing. Upon closer inspection, he appeared to be in his late teen years, though the look in his eyes was belonging of someone much older, perhaps even ten years older. She already knew his business, and she ached to give him a punch in the stomach for what he had just said. About giving up her Pokemon.

"Face it. You're not going to defeat me in a battle."

"Oh yeah? Who said?" Shaun snapped, her voice rising. Poochyena had woken up and was looking around, frightened.

"I say so, and if you know what's good for you, you'll hand them over!" Apparently the teenager wasn't exactly experienced in this, and Shaun had every reason to believe he wasn't a great battler either, but she didn't want it to go there.

"I already said I wouldn't!" She was sounding incredibly childish by now, and not at all intimidating, but the look on her face was enough to send a money obsessed, rude, strict, and furious company manager scurrying.

"That's it, you're really in for it now! Zubat, go and take them!"

"What? A battle's what you want?"

"Maybe not, but you just had to let it come to that. If I win, your Pokemon are mine, all mine. They're the official property of Team Aqua if I win." He said confidently, though it sounded like he hadn't done this many times before. She could detect a little slipping of his confidence.

"Electrike, ready to take them?" She set Poochyena, who was still somewhat groggy, on the ground, where it sat down on its hind legs and stared out, a bit confused, very frightened.

"Zubat! Leech Life!" Zubat flew forward, fangs bared to bite Electrike and drain its energy.

"Electrike, use Thunder Wave!" Shaun said, desperate to win this battle. She knew she should be keeping calm, but the consequences of losing...well, let's just focus on the battle.

Electrike growled and sent forth a weak jolt of electricity, striking Zubat as it neared its target. The electricity wrapped around Zubat, restaining it and rendering it unable to move. Slowly, it could possibly recover, and on certain turns it might be able to attack, but this gave Electrike the upper hand.

"Tackle, use it as many times as it takes!" Electrike charged and slammed into Zubat with a full body tackle as it struggled to get its wings to obey its brain. Its attempt was futile, however, and soon it found itself being hit with another tackle. The Team Aqua member didn't seem to be so confident anymore, but the look on his face was murderous, and it only drove Shaun and Electrike's efforts deeper into the battle.

"Supersonic! Zubat, you've got to try and use it!"

Zubat opened its mouth and emitted a horrible screech, Electrike closed its eyes in pain, as did Shaun and Poochyena, but after a while it stopped. Electrike's eyes were still shut as the sound of the screech rang and pounded in its ears.

"Trike!" It called helplessly, as Zubat moved awkwardly forward and used a Leech Life attack. Some energy was drained from Electrike in the attack, and seemed to revive Zubat slightly, but it also seemed to cure Electrike of its stunned confusion.

"Trike!" It called again, defiantly this time. Awaiting instruction.

"Thunder Wave, then toss it into the air with a tackle, and slam it into the ground!" She called, as Electrike gave a small growl and bared its teeth, before releasing a crackling jolt of electricity, which hit Zubat, wrapping around it once more. Meanwhile, the Team Aqua member gritted his teeth.

Electrike then backed up and began running at towards Zubat, slamming into it and tossing it into the air, before following it into the air with a determined jump, and giving it a push towards the ground. However, as Electrike had lost some energy due to Leech Life, Zubat wasn't exactly slammed into the ground, instead, it hit the ground with a thud! Normally, in this situation, as she saw it on TV, a cloud of dust would rise up, but in this case, there was no "dust" to rise up. However, it was clear that Zubat had been knocked out.

"Zubat...return!" The Team Aqua member called furiously, his eyes burning with anger and frustration. Then he scowled and disappeared.

"Good job, Electrike!" She said, hugging it and ignoring the small shock she received at touching its electricity charged fur. Electrike seemed to grin, though due to the way its mouth was shaped, it couldn't exactly do that. Then Shaun stood up again, seeming somewhat distant.

"That was...easy, almost too easy if you know what I mean...." She picked up Poochyena, "well, let's keep going, we've got to reach Rustboro City before nightfall, which I'm sure we will. I'd hate to camp out here tonight...."

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To SlytherFang: Good Post! I loved your description of the teenage, amatuer Aqua member! It was interesting to read.
    Electrike grew to level 9!
    Electrike learned Leer!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max got up and walked outside. He looked towards the gym and smiled.

"Let's go win guys." Max said.

Max ran over to the gym and stopped at the enterance.

GYM LEADER GONE.

A sign read. Max looked frantically around and looked back at the sign. There were littler words under the big ones.

Roxanne is teaching at the Pokemon Trainer School.

Max looked around and saw a sign that said Pokemon Trainer School. Max dashed over towards it and bursted right inside. Roxanne was teaching a class full of kids the importance of checking your pokemon's status condition when she noticed Max.

"Oh hello, Max. Care to join us for a class?" Roxanne asked.

"No thank you. Actually I was wondering if we could have another battle?" Max asked.

Roxanne looked at the kids and smiled.

"Sure. It'll be a first time for the class to see a gym battle." Roxanne said.

Max smiled and the students all shouted out with glee. Then Roxanne, the kids, and Max all went over to the gym. Roxanne unlocked the doors and told the students to go sit in the stands. Nobody questioned her and they all sat down quietly.

"Ok Max. Let's go." Roxanne said taking a pokeball out.

"Ok." Max said taking out a pokeball.

"Go, Geodude!" Roxanne said.

"Go, Treeko!" Max said.

"Round 1. Geodude vs. Treeko begin!" the ref said.

"Geodude use Rock Throw!" Roxanne said.

"Treeko use Absorb." Max said.

The rock pokemon threw a lot of rocks at Treeko, who just jumped on them and then jumped off. Then he sent a ball of green light at the Geodude. It hit him and then rocketed back to Treeko. It was super effective, Max could tell.

"Now Pound Treeko." Max said before Roxanne could react.

Treeko ran at the Geodude and then jumped to spin around and hit it with it's tail, when the Geodude caught Treeko in it's hands. Treeko struggle to get out but couldn't.

"Now, Rock Tomb." Roxanne said.

The Geodude flung Treeko into the air and then shot rocks at him. They all hit Treeko and then they surronded Treeko in midair. Then thye got tighter and tighter and tighter.

"Treeko use Pound to get out of there." Max said.

All the kids in the background laughed thinking that it was useless, but Treeko wacked the rocks behind him with his tail as hard as he could and eventually broke through. He fell through the hole and landed on his back.

"Now Absorb Treeko!" Max said.

"Geodude use Harden." Roxanne said.

The Geodude turned all silvery for a second and then turned back to normal. The ball of green light was shot already and hit Geodude. It rocketed back to Treeko healing his hp a bit.

"Now, Quick Attack." Max said.

Treeko dashed as fast as he could and grabbed the Geodude's arms. Then he flung the Geodude into a wall and it hit the wall harder then ever. The the Geodude slid to the ground off the wall KO.

"Geodude is unable to battle. Treeko wins." the ref said.

All the kids in the background gasped in horror. Roxannes caled Geodude back and took another pokeball out.

Here comes Nosepass. Max thought to himself.

"Go, Nosepass." Roxanne said.

((OOC: Ok next post will finish this battle.:)))

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Great battle with Treeko. Can't wait to see the rest.
    Treeko grew to level 14!

The Next Chapter is finally here!

Chapter 8: Route 116
    (3 Posts)​
    Description: A pleasant and welcoming route for passing by trainers. Surrounded by trees and wooded areas, it makes the perfect place for various pokemon to live and for trainers to train their prized pokemon. The Rusturf Tunnel sits at the end of the route and is visible from a distance.

Wild Pokemon
    Poochyena

Level- 9-12
    Type- Dark
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack
    Ability- Intimidate
    Rarity- Common

Taillow

Level- 9-12
    Type- Normal/Flying
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack
    Ability- Guts
    Rarity- Common

Nincada

Level- 8-11
    Type- Bug/Ground
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack (If level 9)
    Ability- Compoundeyes
    Rarity- Uncommon

Abra

Level- 7-10
    Type- Psychic
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Teleport
    Ability- Synchronize/Inner Focus
    Rarity- Rare

Skitty

Level- 5-7
    Type- Normal
    Gender- Random
    Attacks- Fake Out, Growl, Tail Whip, Tackle, Attract
    Ability- Cute Charm
    Rarity- Special (This means that your post must be extremely good and out of the ordinary to capture this pokemon. All beginner pokemon that appear in the rp will be special)

. Another thing about this chapter is that you will have the oppurtunity to battle a special trainer (same idea from Zimvee and Rii-Chii's rps). If you do this battle, you will get double the battle experience, but you must lose this battle. It is really a great chance to level up your pokemon, and a chance to meet the character who will reappear later in the rp. His profile will be put in the ooc thread shortly.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Max stood there waiting for the ref to tell when the next round started. Treeko moved slightly to the right a little.

"Round 2. Nosepass vs. Treeko. Begin!" the ref said.

"Nosepass lets get rid of Treeko quick. Use Rock Tomb!" Roxanne said determined.

"Use Pound Treeko!" Max said also determined.

Nosepass sent tons of rocks flying at Treeko. Treeko dodged most of them and occasionally got his shoulders grazed by a few. Treeko kept running at Nosepass though. Then Treeko jumped and spun around in circles quickly. Then he stopped with his back turned to Nosepass and wacked Nosepass with his tail. The nOsepass backed up a few feet and then stood there.

"Rock Tomb." Roxanne said with a nasty smile on her face.

Treeko landed on the ground with rocks all over the place. Then the rocks started to rise and Max knew what was going on.

"You set us up! Treeko get out of there!" Max said.

"Yep, and to late." Roxanne said.

Treeko stood there wondering what was going on when the rocks slammed against his body and slowly started to crush him.

"Treekooooooooo!" Treeko yelped in pain.

Nosepass let go of his grip and dropped Treeko. Treeko landed on the ground KO.

"Treeko is unable to battle. Nosepass is the winner." ref said.

"Treeko return." Max said. Then he chose another pokeball. "Let's win this. Go, Zigzagoon!" Max said.

The raccoon popped out of its pokeball.

"Round 3. Nosepass vs. Zigzagoon begin!" the ref said.

"Ok, Nosepass use Tackle!" Roxanne said.

"Use Headbutt Zigzagoon!" Max said.

The two pokemon ran at eachother. Zigzagoon was faster then Nosepass and she moved to the left a little and ran behind Nosepass. Then she turned around quick and nailed his back with her head. She backed up a few steps and then shook her head after hitting the rock pokemon with her head. Then Nosepass turned around as if nothing had happened. Max grimaced knowing this was going to be hard and he would have to think of stuff that they hadn't trained for.

I know that spinning then htting will do more damage. But, all Zigzagoon knows are normal type moves which are vertually useless...unless... Max thought as Nosepass dashed at Zigzagoon.

She noticed this and jumped at the last moment. Max took this chance for an attack.

"Dive, spin and use Headbutt." Max said.

Zigzagoon then flipped over and started spinning. Then her head hit the Nosepasses head and he fell over to the ground, his head obviously hurting.

"Now, Tackle him into the wall!" Max said realizing for some odd reason the Nosepass was tyring out quickly.

Zigzagoon ran and tackled Nosepass, but kept running with Nosepass between her and the wall. Then Nosepass hit the wall and slid down to the ground severly hurt.

"Rock Tomb!" Roxanne said.

Then the rocks around Zigzagoon rumbled and pummeled her body and squeezed her tightly.

"Ziggggg!" Zigzagoon yelped in pain.

No! Not again. I'm not losing his battle again! Max thought to himself.

"Zigzagoon get out of there and use headbutt!" Max said.

Zigzagoon the found a small hole in the rocks and shoved her paw out through the hole. Then she jerked her paw through the rocks towards her face and created an opening. She jumped through and hit the Nosepasses head. Then the two pokemon landed on the ground with their eyes closed.

"Both pokemon are unable to battle. This match ends in a dr-" the ref began saying.

Then in the middle of the ref's words Zigzagoon strived for the last ounce of her strength and stood up. Then the ref finished his statement.

"Nosepass is unable to battle! Zigzagoon wins! The victor is Maximillion from Littleroot Town!" the ref said.

Roxanne smiled and called Nosepass to it's pokeball. Then she looked at Max, who had run over to Zigzagoon and scooped her into his arms and started laughing.

"We won Zigzagoon! We won!" MAx was saying while laughing.

Zigzagoon laughed and then closed her eyes.

"Take a good, long rest girl." Max said returning her to her pokeball.

"Max. Here. Take this as proof of beating me. It s the boulder badge. Take this too for any rock pokemon you might catch. It is TM. 39 Rock Tomb. Good luck on your future battles." Roxanne said as the two of them were walking out.

Roxanne walked inside and put a sign on the door that said CLOSED. Then the lights turned off. Max looked at the stuff Roxanne had given him and looked at the badge. It was soooo cool!

"The Stone Badge." Max said walking towards the pokemon center. He walked in and asked Nurse Joy to heal his pokemon. She healed them within half an hour and asked if he wanted a room for the night. Max looked outside and noticed it was getting dark out.

"Yes please." He asked politely.

Nurse Joy gave him a room key and Max quickly found his room. He drpped his bag on the floor next to him and fopped onto his bed. He called his pokemon out and Treeko snuggled up next to his face, Zigzagoon next to his stomach, and Pikachu at his feet. Within a few minutes Max had fallen asleep from exhaustion of the day.

((OOC: If I need to edit anything tell me and I will.:)))

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Erm, your post was a little scripty. Like, there wasn't enough detail and description in it. You'll get the badge, but not high level gains for your pokemon.
    Treeko grew to level 16!
    Zigzagoon grew to level 13!
    Treeko is trying to learn Pursuit, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Pursuit?
    What? Treeko is evolving! Will you allow this process to continue?
    Zigzagoon is trying to learn Sand-Attack, but she already knows four moves. Delete a move for Sand-Attack?
    You received the Stone Badge!
    You got a Tm 39!

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    "Max! Max wake up!" someone said shaking Max in his bed.

Max slowly opened his eyes and looked up to see Nurse Joy staring at him.

"Wah!" Max said turning over.

"It's ok. I need you to wake up though because someone else needs a room for the night." she said.

"Oh, ok. Just let me get packed and stuff and I'll be on my way." Max said.

Max grabbed his pokemon's pokeballs and his bag. He grabbed his belt which had his pokenav attached to it and it could hold more pokeballs onto it.

"Pikachu, Treeko, Zigzagoon...Return." Max said.

The three pokemon were engulfed into the pokeballs. Max attached them to the belt and left the cozy room. He walked down to the main room and sat on a bench. He grabbed his brand new, never-before-used pokenav and opened it up. As soon as it opened a picture of his mom appeared.

"Mom." Max muttered to himself.

Max clicked a button that said map and a platform thing popped up. A map of the whole region of Hoenn appeared. Max found Rustburo City and looked to see what was next.

"Route 116 eh? Ok then let's go!" Max said.

He attached his pokenav back to his belt and left the Pokemon center. He came to sign that said

Route 116 ->

Max looked that way and from a distance he could see a cave. He headed over that way and soon came upon the route. The route was longer then some of the other ones he had already been on and it was surronded by trees and bushs. A few other trainers passed by and Max was itching for a battle.

"Hey there." someone said to him.

Max looked around for the person who had said hi. He found a young man behind him wearing a long white hat, a black headband with a red pokeball print on it, a tight red and black long sleeved shirt, black gloves, blue pants, red and black shoes, a yellow backpack and he had a pokenav attached to his black leather belt.

"Hey there." Max said to him.

"Name's Brendan. What's yours?" he asked.

"The name is Max. Nice to meet you Brendan." Max said.

Brendan smiled and looked at Max's belt.

"Oh. You got a pokenav and three pokemon huh?" Brendan asked.

"Yeah." Max said. He looked down at Brendans belt. "I noticed earlier you've got a Pokenav too, and two pokemon I think."

"Yep. Got myself a badge too." Brendan said.

"Same here. Although it was kind of a rough battle." Max said.

"Yeah. Roxanne was tough, but it makes me so excited about the next gym leader." Brendan said. "Hey! I got it. How's about we have a battle to practice for the next gym?"

Max stared at him wondering what to do.

"Ok. Let's have at it." Max said.

Brendan smiled and Max did too. Then the two boys took their positions on a flat grassy field.

"Two on two Max." Brendan said.

"Ok." Max said grabbing a pokeball.

"Go, Tailow!" Brendan said.

"Go, Pikachu!" Max said.

A small little bird popped out of Brendan's pokeball, while the tiny electric mouse popped out of Max's pokeball. Max got out his pokedex and scanned the pokemon.

Tailow, the tiny swallow pokemon. Tailow courageously stands its ground against foes, however strong they may be. This gutsy foe will remain defiant even after a loss. On the other hand, it cries loudly if it becomes hungry.

"Come on Max. Show me what you've got!" Brendan said.

"Pikachu use Thundershock!" Max said.

"Tailow use Wing Attack!" Brendan said.

Pikachu started charging up electricity as the bird came diving in at Pikachu. Pikachu noticed this and moved out of the way while charging its attack. Then Pikachu was ready to attack and shot the elctric volts at the bird. It hit the bird causing him to light up with electricity and started plummeting to the ground, but then it regained its strength and pulled up.

"Now, use Peck!" Brendan said.

"Tundershock again!" Max said.

The bird after pulling up used that speed and hit Pikachu's stomach. Pikachu was knocked to the ground, and without the bird or its trainer knowing started charging up electricity with its face to the ground. Then a few seconds later it jumped into the air and shot the electricity at the bird. This time the bird was hit and plummeted to the ground. It hit the ground asnd then got up.

"Pikachu return!" Max said getting another pokeball out. "Go, Treeko!" Max said.

The small green gecko appeared out of the white flash.

"Now use Pound!" Max said.

"Tailow use Wing Attack!" Brendan said.

The bird flew at Treeko at high speeds and then landed an attack as soon as Treeko was getting ready to hit it with his tail. Treeko went flying into the nearest tree and slithered down and then landed on the ground. Treeko sat there for a few moments and then started to glow.

Treeko grew bigger, he grew a long vine thing at the back of his head, leafs were all along his arm, and his tail became a tail of leaves.

"Grovyle!" it said.

"Well I'll be. Your Treeko evolved into a Grovyle, Max." Brendan said.

"A what?" Max asked scanning the pokemon with his pokedex.

Grovyle, the Wood Gecko pokemon. The leaves growing out of Grovyle's body are covenient for camoflaging itself from enemies in the forest. This pokemon is a master t climbing trees in the jungle.

Max looked around and noticed there were many trees around them. he smirked and looked at his new companion.

"Grovyle! Jump into the trees and then use Absorb!" Max said.

"Gro!" it said.

Grovyle jumped in a flash into the tree tops. It jumped from tree to tree until everything was still and silent. Then a bright green ball of light came rocketing at Tailow's chest. It hit him and then rocketed back to Grovyle.

"Now Pound!" Max said.

Then Grovyle bursted from the tree in front of Tailow and flipped head over heels hitting the bird with the leaf thingy on its head. Then the bird plummeted to the ground, while Grovyle did multiple flips in the air and then landed on the ground casually. The bird hit the ground hard and was KO.

"Return!" Brendan said. The bird disappeared in a flashing red light. Then he chose another pokeball. "Go, Marshtomp!" he said. Then in a blinding white flash a blue fish pokemon appeared. Max swiped his pokedex out and scanned it.

Marshtomp, the Mud Fish Pokemon. it is at it's best when on muddy flooring with poor footing. It quickly overpowers foes struggling in mud.

Max gritted his teeth and then called out a command.

"Grovyle do it again. Jump into the trees anduse Absorb!"

"It won't work! Marshtomp turn around in a flurry of speed and use Mud Shot while doing it!" Brendan said.

Grovyle jumped into the tree tops and ran around in them in a circle. Then Marshtomp shot a bunch of mud shots at the tree tops and finally hit Grovyle sending him plummeting to the ground.

"Grovyle return!" Max said.

The geck pokemon returned in a red light and Max took another pokeball out.

"Go, pikachu!" Max said.

Then the yellow mouse appeared again.

"Use Mud Shot!" Brendan said before Max could respond.

The fish shot a huge mud bomb at Pikachu, shooting him into the tree. Pikachu slammed against the tree after the move was super effective. Pikachu was exhausted and slipped down the tree KO.

Max stuck his pokeball out and returned the hurt mouse. Then he took another one out and his tired Grovyle popped out again.

"Marshtomp use Bide!" Brendan said.

"Grovyle use Absorb!" Max said unknowingly playing into Brendan's plans.

A bright green ball formed in front of Grovyle's mouth and was shot at the fish, who had curled its legs into its chest and its arms around its head. The ball hit him and then rocketed back to Grovyle. The move was super effective.

"Release the energy!" brendan said.

Then Marshtomp sent a huge ball of white enrgy rocketing at Grovyle. It hit him and sent him flying into a tree. The move was so powerful that Grovyle went straight throught the tree, snapping it in half. Grovyle hit another tree and slithered down it KO.

"Woot! We win Marshtomp." Brendan rejoiced.

Max smiled smugly and returned Grovyle. "Goo battle Brendan."

"Same here Max." Brendan said.

Then the two boys went their separate ways. Max had gotten Brendans Pokenav number and then registered it into his own Pokenav. Max smiled again knowing he had a new friend, and a new rival.

"Good luck. my new rival." Max whispered to himself.

((OOC: I will edit anything if needed!:D))

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Here is my super long, about halfway catch up post.

(Chapter One-Save The Professor)
    (Wake Up Call)
    The Bagon quietly stepped into the room, observed it's surrondings and then took in a deep breath. It then exhaled slowly,very slowly. He slunk across the floor very quietly, he did not want to wake her. He jumped onto the nightstand, and almost lost his footing when the sleeping human rolled over. The Bagon let out a sigh of relief as the trainer rolled back over. Then he hopped onto the bed and walked up to the trainers ear. "BAGON! BAGON! BAGON!"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! he shouted, just in her ear.

With the noise being shouted Bailey shot up in bed, sending her blankets up into the air.Thud! The Bagon had fallen off the bed and onto the ground. Bailey began to speak,"Oh, it is only you Bagon.." she said in a relieved tone. "You must've been really brave..."or just plain stupid,"to have woken me up like that." Taptaptap Bailey could here the footsteps of parents as they climbed up the squeaksy steps. Bailey's mom bursted in the door,afer he came her husband. They walked a bit closer to Bailey who said,"Hi Mom,Dad" in a regular voice.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt? What is wrong? Is there anything wrong? What was that noise? Is everything alright?" Mrs.Gard flooded her daughter with questions. She had a real worried look on her face, as if her daughter had been killed. SHe was just a tiny bit over reacting. Then she heard screams off in the distance,but ignored them.

"I'm fine Mom,I'm fine.." Bailey reassured her worried mom. Withing moments her parents were gone out of the room and Bailey was getting dressed. She slipped on her shoes and then raced down the stairs. She looked around and saw her dad,"Hey, I am going to see what all the shouting is about ok?" she asked him. He nodded,glad to see was following up in his footsteps. Just as her dad's toast popped up out of the toaster Bailey snatched it and ran out the door. The screams became even louder and louder as she approached the out skirts of town. Then she realized that she didn't have Bagon.

"Bagon, Bagon" Hello,Hello the Bagon said to it's trainer.

Bailey ran up to him. "Don't run off like that ok..?" she told her Bagon. The Bagon nodded, and both him and his trainer proceeded towards the screaming which was really loud now. Soon a man in a white lab coat, and brown shorts came into view. A poochyena was chasing him around in circles. "Alright, Bagon use bite on the pokemon, just scare it away for" she commanded her pokemon.

"Bagon,Bagon!"Your will is my command Bagon chanted. He walked slowly up to the Poochyena. When it got inches away from it Bagon bit the dog like pokemon, and sent it running. Then the man began to approach Bailey.

"T-thank you Ma'am you saved my life.." the man told her,"I need to reward you somehow.. " the man said. He thought for a moment and then the gears in his head started moving,"I'll give you a present of some sort.. please come to my lab.." the ending sounded a bit like a question. Bailey nodded and they both began walking off. There was almost no talk on the whole way there. Then Bailey began to talk to Bagon.

(Chapter One-Little Root Town)
    (The Lab)

"Hey Bagon, I still need to nickname you.." she told him,"would you like a mean name?" she asked. The Bagon shool it's head,"A fierce one?" she guessed. The Bagon shook his head,"Ok, what about the name..Cair?" she asked him. The Bagon gave a nod of agreement. "Ok then, that settles it then,your name is Cair!" Bailey told her pokemon, with a rather enthusiastic tinge in her voice. She soon saw Little Root Town come into view. Then the man led Bailey to a building and they entered. "This is amazing.." Bailey said awestruck. There were lots of machines running, they were doing who knows what.

"Hey, you are Lucas's daughter aren't you?" he asked Bailey.

"Yeah" she replied to him.

"Oh, your father and I we traveled together for a bit, he was so excited, he talked about your for the first couple of days on our trip.. Bailey is such a nice name.." he stopped their, he didn't want to bore the girl to death.

"Uh-huh" Bailey said. He must be Prof.Birch.. Then she spoke up again,"So, you are Prof. Birch huh?"

Birch nodded and then turned around. He began to rummage through the contents of the drawer on his desk. "Just one minute.." he told her. Then his hand felt something cold,and metallic. "Ah, here it is.." the professor said, pulling out a box like thing.
    "This here, this is the newest model of a Poke-Dex.. It will be useful in your travels.." he extended his arm outwards, handing the thing to Bailey. "This is a very very important tool, you shouldn't lose it.." he gave Bailey one last warning and pushed out the door.

"Well Cair, are you ready.. we are finally gonna set off on our journey.." she told her pokemon and then headed towards the entrance of the town. Bailey took in a deep breath,turned towards Cair and began to speak again,"This is gonna be just about the hardest journey of our lives.. I really do hope that you are ready Cair.. this one is gonna be a tough one" she stopped to take a breath and then continued,"I am going to work my hardest, and try my best.. I expect you to do the same.. just remember that we are teammates ok?" she explained all that to her pokemon, more of to comfort herself. A chill ran down Bailey's Spine,this time she had no human companion.

(Chapter 2-Route 101)
    (Angry Poochyena

Bailey mustered up every last ounce of her courage, and then began her trek through the route. She and Cair walked silently across the grass land area for a bit and then they stopped. "So Cair, what do you think?" she asked her pokemon."How do you like being out on the road?" Then before Cair had time to speak Bailey heard an angry pokemon screech. She turned and saw the dog pokemon that Bagon had bit, it was accompanied by another of it's type. Bailey quickly whipped out her Poke-Dex and scanned it..

V
    V
    <<Name: Poochyena
    Type: Dark
    The Bite Pokemon
    It savagely threatens foes with bared fangs. It chases after fleeing targets tenaciously. It turns tail and runs, however, if the foe strikes back. Poochyena is an omnivore - it will eat anything. A distinguishing feature is how large its fangs are compared to its body. This Pokémon tries to intimidate its foes by making the hair on its tail bristle out.>>
    "Ah, that is a Poochyena" exclaimed Bailey. "Cair, do you remember him? You saved the nice professor from him?" Cair nodded in agreement.

"Poo! Poo! Poochy! Poochyena!" Look! Look! It is him! Attack Brother Attack! The two dog like pokemon raced down the hill and stopped infront of Cair and Bailey. "Poo...Poo..Poochy.."You.. are.. in for it now.. Then both of the Poochyena began to bite Bagon, then suddenly from over the hill came a Zigzagoon.

"Zig Zag Ziggy"Leave that poor pokemon alone demanded the Zigzagoon. The Poochyena's just ignored it. That made Zigzagoon even angrier. "Ziggy Ziggy Zag!"Alright, you asked for it! With that the Zigzagoon ran into the battle, tackling one of the Poochyena, that freeing Cair.

"What is that? Oh, Bagon use bite she said while she pressed the button used to scan pokemon

VV
    <<Name:Zigzagoon
    Type:Normal
    TinyRacoon Pokemon
    Rubbing its nose against the ground, it always wanders about back and forth in search of something. It is distinguished by the zigzag footprints it leaves. The hair on Zigzagoon's back is bristly. It rubs the hard back hair against trees to leave its territorial markings. This Pokémon may play dead to fool foes in battle>>
    "Ok then, thank you Zigzagoon for saving Cair..." Bailey said. "Ok, Cair use another bite!" she commanded firmly.

"Ba..gon.." As you wish..The Bagon ran up to the Poochyena and then lunged, to give a bite. The Poochyena countered with a bite. Cair was a bit stronger and had complete control over the Poochyena. It slammed the attacker on the ground repeadetly. Then the pokemon finally let go of Bagon and backed up. The two attackers switched places and tried fresh on their new enemies. Cair's new attacker ran up and bit him in the leg. The bite only stung,but Cair stood as ever strong. He bit the attacker on the scruff of the neck. and flung him at the floor. Poochyena got up and ran towards Cair jumping in the air to bite him. Cair ducked and the Poochyena went over him and hit the ground. Then the Bagon ran up and bit the Poochyena. The Poochyena ran in terror at the bite,dragging Cair along with him. Cair hit the ground and bounced up, the pattern repeated for a while,until the attacker stopped infront Bailey.

"Cair, Cair! Get up!" Bailey demanded in a light tone. Then she heard the Zigzagoon let out a screech of pain, it rang through the whole area. It went through her ears, Cair's ears and the Poochyenas' ears. She could see the Bagon getting even angrier it let out a fierce yowl.

The yowl scared away the Poochyena, but Cair followed. He lunged at one. Who in turn, bit and kicked to be free. It whimpered a bit after the attacks from Cair. It kept on biting back, but that only made Cair angrier. Cair was using the move rage. As the pokemon using rage get's angrier the attack's grow stronger. Cair was super mad that the attackers had injured his friend. The pokemon that was no under him, bit and kicked more to try to free itself oncemore. This again happened to no avail. To Bailey it looked like Cair would kill the pokemon, so she called him back. The exhausted and near fainted Poochyena quickly ran off.

"Zigzagoon.. I hope your ok.." Bailey said in a worried voice. She ran up to it and grabbed it in her arms. She snuggled tightly against it. "I am gonna take you to a pokemon center ok? They are gonna make you feel better.." Bailey owed a debt to the Zigzagoon for saving them. It felt a bit weird now that Bailey was saving someone. Bailey ran her fastest, soon Oldale town came into view. "Ok, I am going to get her all fixed up.."

(Chapter 3 Oldale Town)
    (Home Again)
    Bailey quickly ran into Oldale Town. The hurt pokemon in her arms. She quickly ran into the Pokecenter and walked up to nurse joy. "Ma'am.. can you help this poor Zigzagoon.. it got injured on the route back there.." Nurse Joy nodded and grabbed the pokemon. She handed it her Chansey, who ran off into the medical room. Then quickly put on one of the cots.

"Ok, the Pokemon should be healed in a while.. for now.. go enjoy yourself..." said Nurse Joy. She was trying to calm down the worried trainer.

"Ok.." said Bailey as she left the Pokecenter. "Guess I'll get some potions or something.." she thought. She didn't really care what she did. Bailey walked over to the Pokemart and entered. The bell on the door let out a soothing jingle as she entered.

"How may I help you?" asked the Clerk.

"Do you have any potions?" she asked him.

"I certainly do.. how many do you want?" he asked.

"Two please" she said.

The Clerk slapped two on the counter and typed something in the register. "Is that all?" he asked Bailey.

"Um.. no can I get two Pokeballs?" he asked him.

"Yes you may.." he got out two pokeballs and put them on the counter next to the potions. He typed in something else in the register and said,"Ok your total will be 75$"

Bailey pulled out a fifty,two tens, and a five. "Here," she said handing him the money,"Bye.." She walked out the door. Then she entered home,"Hi mom, hi dad," she said as she walked up to her room and stored her items. in her bag She walked back out,"Bye Mom, Bye Dad"

"You aren't going anywhere without a proper dinner young lady!" said Mrs. Gard in a firm voice. "Your Portion is waiting in the microwave.

Bailey nodded and walked over to microwave. She opened the microwave and pulled out a plate. She took it over to the table and sat down. She began to eat it. She ate it very slowly taking her time. She finished a while later and decided to go check on the Zigzagoon. It was pretty late and when she got their the nurse already had Zigzagoon wating. She handed it to her and Bailey just decided to spend the night there instead of going home. She got everything set up and crawled in her bag. She was almost passed out and thought of catching the now sleeping Zigzagoon. She threw the pokeball at it and then fell asleep,not knowing if the catch was successfull.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To Pikalover10: Okay, the battle was pretty good! Just says that the type advantage doesn't always win.
    Pikachu grew to level 14!
    Treeko evolved into Grovyle!
    Grovyle grew to level 20!
    Grovyle is trying to learn Fury Cutter, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Fury Cutter?
    Pikachu learned Thunder Wave!
    Pikachu is trying to learn Quick Attack, but he already knows four moves. Delete a move for Quick Attack?

To Lostt: Wooo that was a lot of reading. Did you know that you're the third person to rush a hurt pokemon to Oldale? :)
    You caught a level 4 Female Zigzagoon!
    Bagon grew to level 8!
    You Obtained Two Potions!
    You Obtained Two Pokeballs!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back