• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Champions Tour

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Current tournament: Diglett's Cave​

Past tournament winners:

The Pallet Town Open:
    Singles: Joangaes

The Viridian City Open:
    Singles: Ito Igami
    Doubles: Volkner's Apprentice​

Welcome one and all to the Extreme Speed Champions Tour!

This series of tournaments will take place along side our main Extreme Speed Open Tournament. It is open to any battler interested in joining: You do not need to be participating in the main tournament to join. You may also join even if the tour is already underway. If you are entered in the main tournament, there are many benefits to your tournament life if you participate in the tour. This also gives people something to do if they're waiting for main tournament battles or have been knocked out.

The Champions Tour will work like this: We will hold a series of 17 small tournaments (usually with 8 or 16 entrants). The tournaments will be classic bracket style, but each will have a unique Kanto theme (You may use pokemon from all regions) and rules for battling. You will have a maximum of 1 week to complete your battle for any given round. If you are unable to complete your tournament battle or do not make an attempt to complete it, your opponent moves on. No exceptions. If neither battler makes an attempt to complete their battle, you both are disqualified.

Clauses in effect:
    Sleep Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Self-KO Clause
    Species Clause
    Hax Items Clause
    Evasion/Accuracy Clause

(Credit goes to Smogon/Alakazam17 for these rules)

The tournaments will be held over wifi only: no shoddy battles

These Pokemon are considered uber and are NOT allowed on any team: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys (Including Speed Forme), Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet.

NEW RULE ON OU/BL/UU LEGENDARY POKEMON
    We've decided to go in coordination with the PC Wifi Tournament. That is, all OU/BL/UU legendary Pokemon will be permitted with no restrictions for the Extreme Speed Champions Tour until further notice.

If there are any additional rules, they will be specified for the current tournament that's taking place.

Battlers will be competing mainly for tour points, which can be obtained by reaching the later rounds of each tournament. However, if you are participating in the main ESO tournament, you may receive additional prizes such as BP bonuses and wildcard preferences (More information on this can be found in the ESO rules and results thread). These will specified at the end of each tournament. You will also receive standard prizes such as EVd/IVd pokemon, shinies and events. At the end of each tournament, battlers will be awarded tour points that they will carry over to the next tournament. These points will decide who is eligible to compete in the tour finals after all 17 tournaments have been held.

You may participate in any number of tour tournaments you like. There is no penalty if you compete in one and skip the next. But remember, the only way to rack up the points is to consistently participate in the tour, or else other battlers will soon pass you. Each tournament will follow a specific battle type, such as singles, doubles, UU, 3v3, 4v4, roulettes, or teams.

One other note, for the sake of the tour's success, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE AN ACTIVE PC MEMBER WHEN YOU JOIN! There's nothing more annoying than having someone sign up and never show their face again. Be aware that most of these tournaments will last 4-5 weeks. If you are not going to be available for any long stretch of time during the tournament, please don't join.

ESO Champions Tour Coordinators:
    ~~Aurafire~~Volkner's Apprentice~~

*Credit to Horizon for approval of this tournament*

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Hey everyone! We're happy to expand the Extreme Speed Tournament system into a much broader audience. Now, even if the main tourney is underway, you can still leap into action here on the Tour! So here's the low down. I'm going to post all the rankings, standings, draws and results here in this post. Like Aurasphere said we'll be hosting 17 tournament stops over a course of 11 "weeks" of the Tour. They aren't literal weeks, just a concept for organizing one or more at a time. The Tour will first be going through the region of Kanto. What's it gonna take to be the champion? You're about to find out.

Currently, we're debating on prizes for the miniature tournaments. We don't have as huge an incentive for donations as the larger branch of Extreme Speed. Of course, any donations from the entrants and fans are greatly appreciated.

CURRENT SIGN UP SHEET

Diglett's Cave
    Singles
    1. Matt-O
    2. Mukkamoto
    3. Ito_Igami
    4. Maria Santos
    5. MATTFO0
    6. reaper121
    7. sam2243
    8. junoliv
    9. richdevildog559
    10. Kanye West
    11. Christiansanity
    12. Dark RyanYugo
    13. aragornbird

Doubles
    1. Mukkamoto
    2. MATTFO0
    3. Goketsu
    4. richdevildog559
    5. junoliv
    6. aragornbird

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Current rankings (updated for Week 2!): https://extreme-tour.blogspot.com/2008/09/rankings.html

Current Tournaments: Diglett's Cave

Points for Diglett's Cave tournament
    1st Round: 1 pt.
    Semi-Finals: 10 pts.
    Finals: 20 pts.
    Winner: 40 pts.

Singles​

First Round

(1) Ito_Igami-bye

reaper121 vs. Dark RyanYugo

Christiansanity vs. Kanye West

(3) Matt-O-bye

(4) junoliv vs. aragornbird

richdevildog559 vs. MATTFO0

sam2243 vs. Mukkamoto

(2) Maria Santos-bye

Second Round
    (1) Ito_Igami vs. reaper121

Kanye West vs. (3) Matt-O

aragornbird vs. Mukkamoto

(2) Maria Santos vs. richdevildog559

Doubles

First Round

(1) junoliv-bye

aragornbird vs. MATTFO0

Goketsu vs. Mukkamoto

(2) richdevildog559-bye

Semi-Finals

(1) junoliv vs. Mukkamoto

aragornbird vs. (2) richdevildog559

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Well I do suppose we can have the start date be tomorrow, then all contestants will have one week to complete their first round match. Especially since you already have told us your reason for the possible delay, you'll be fine on not being replaced. =] Then you have all week to finish the match. And if that poses an issue, like it says in the top post, there's going to be quite a few tournaments on their way after this one.

And thanks Matt, I'll toss you on there.

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
    Years
    Hey this tourney looks like fun and i wish the best of luck to everyone here =]

If in need of substitution's let me know, i would definitely love to take a place in this lol

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I would like to pull out of this Tour first stop. I be thinking that with is happening right now is going to overcome my thoughts and will make me unable to focus on this tour. Sorry. I try to do another stop later.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Actually we might debate on that. I go by the usual PC Wifi Tourney rules, which (currently) state the use of only one of them per team, that's how it was in the main Extreme Speed too. A team comprised of Azelf, Celebi, Heatran, Zapdos, Suicune, and Speed Deoxys is a little too much to handle. We might increase the limit to two per team but it shouldn't be that difficult to be a great enough trainer to raise a team of at least five non-legendary Pokemon and be able to use them with success.

~charizard_maa: No problem! You can stop by this same thread once Pallet Town is over if you find you have time to jump onto the Tour.

~ZachAttack: Would you like to join the tournament or just go on the sub list? We have four spots open currently.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Any team with 6 good OU Pokemon is probably better then those 6 Legendarys you listed.
    CB Tyranitar kills that team.
    Just because they are legendary doesn't mean the are the best and we should only be allowed one.
    Makes no sense, if they are too powerful to have multiple on a team they should be uber.
    It's almost, not exactly >_<, like saying "You are allowed to use only 1 uber".
    Not sure if that made sense...

But yea my right now can handle all of those well and it has no ubers.

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Any team with 6 good OU Pokemon is probably better then those 6 Legendarys you listed.
    CB Tyranitar kills that team.
    Just because they are legendary doesn't mean the are the best and we should only be allowed one.
    Makes no sense, if they are too powerful to have multiple on a team they should be uber.
    It's almost, not exactly >_<, like saying "You are allowed to use only 1 uber".

You do know Speed Deoxys can learn both Brick Break and Focus Blast, correct? XD Kidding (not really, though, it can lol) but I understand where you're coming from.

My only question is just, are you planning on using such Pokemon? That's the only reason I can see why anyone would argue this. Most trainers don't even want to train legendary Pokemon when they get to the nitty gritty EV and IV process. Again, like I said, we'll debate this. I know my team is easily able to handle the multiple non-uber legends without consisting of any so I in general am not worried about facing legend based teams. So I'll bring up the issue with Aurasphere and get back to you. ^_^

Edit: We apologize if it prevents you from joining, but we like the idea of limiting the legends. The extreme overly-used has to end somewhere. You needn't join if you don't like that ruling, so for now it sticks.

Last edited:
    Back