• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Extreme Speed Open Tournament - Rules and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    This is why this is my favorite tourney. Everyone has a fair chance, & everyone gets to decide how the matches are played. The only problem I see are the contestants themselves. Too many times have my battle cries gone unanswered, but you guys took care of that as well.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    This is why this is my favorite tourney. Everyone has a fair chance, & everyone gets to decide how the matches are played. The only problem I see are the contestants themselves. Too many times have my battle cries gone unanswered, but you guys took care of that as well.

Haha, thanks sims! That's such a high compliment! But yeah, we're trying to move things smoothly and efficiently. So this is in a sense the same as being online the same time as your opponent in a normal bracket tournament, but we're giving everyone 2 weeks for one match-shouldn't be too difficult with only 12 contestants remaining and everyone active =].

So get to PM'ing your partners, everyone! Decide which opposing team you guys want to fight and try to be on as close to Friday at 12:00 a.m. as possible to be the first.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    will you be holding another tourney soon after this one is over?

Oh, definitely. This was supposed to be more of a "trial run" for the ESO....and it's doing pretty well. So expect some improvements with our next versions, ESO version 2.0 is fast approaching =O

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years

i couldnt agree with you anymore, this is by far the best tourney i have entered. also the scroll thing was taken from Naruto im guessing XD it doesnt matter because i think its awesome.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    i couldnt agree with you anymore, this is by far the best tourney i have entered. also the scroll thing was taken from Naruto im guessing XD it doesnt matter because i think its awesome.

Haha! Graceful, you got us spot on. Take a wild guess where battle points come from and you'll win a fantastic prize (well..you'll win my Awesome Award, which is better than any EV trained Pokemon, eh?)

Sweet, I'm the number three seed. PokeMasterAlex better bring his A-game.

Matt, hopefully you figured out he's your teammate and not your opponent. If so, I wouldn't be taunting his battle spirit ;) If not, I'd say..read the rules 0_o.

As another note, remember everyone even if one member of your duo loses the match, if they do lose in a close encounter like 0-1 or 0-2 and you win your match 3-0 or up, your team moves on with more points! Have faith in each other when this team up goes on. When this is over we're going to have six fighters remaining and we're golden on a plan for round 3 through the standard Semi-Finals. Let's make things interesting!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years

Thanks Graceful, and thanks everyone else! I'm glad everyone is in approval of the tournament so far! Expect many more ESO's in the future!

Yes, we stole the scroll idea from Naruto O.O

For those of you who have seen the show, during the chunin exams, the young ninjas had to work together to acquire both types of scrolls to move onto the next round: much like you have to do in this round. Use your knowledge and skills to decide whether your team should be the first to challenge another, or lay back and have a team challenge you so you can pick the pairings: Both scenarios have their benefits and draw backs.

Also remember, just like the chunin exams, you will eventually pitted against each other. Work together with your teammate, but still be aware that once the team rounds as over, anything can happen!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    the battle points i have no clue maybe from the battle tower? just a guess XD

Lol....well, if any of you watched Yu-Gi-Oh during the first season when the gang was at Duelist Kingdom, they needed 10 star ships to get into Pegasus' castle and the later rounds of the tournament. Sooo....yeah, we might have stolen another idea from another anime O.O

Pegasus' Castle = Second round? Yeah let's go with that =P

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Lol....well, if any of you watched Yu-Gi-Oh during the first season when the gang was at Duelist Kingdom, they needed 10 star ships to get into Pegasus' castle and the later rounds of the tournament. Sooo....yeah, we might have stolen another idea from another anime O.O

Pegasus' Castle = Second round? Yeah let's go with that =P

Way to give it away, Greg. -_-

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
    Years
    Lol you guys screwed up lol. Me and Aura on the same team(punch in air) surprise surprise. our last match was 1-0, your fighting two balenced players my friends

enough smack talk though

Id like to congraulate those who earned theyre way into this tourny and fought hard(big ops to bendak who pretty much meant buisness) and to those lucky few who might not have met qualifiquations, but still strove to get back in the game when the chips were down and not in theyre favor. congradulations you lucky sons of ****(no i did not course i just like to do that for fun)

good luck in round 2 guys

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    XD I agree with Matt. Let's keep things clean, folks ;) Even if you really didn't say anything.

Oh and on that matter, you can eat my dust because Znale and I will be in round 3 before you even turn on your DS.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    XD I agree with Matt. Let's keep things clean, folks ;) Even if you really didn't say anything.

Oh and on that matter, you can eat my dust because Znale and I will be in round 3 before you even turn on your DS.

SNAP....umm, guys I thought you already knew. Mystery and I are already in round 3.

mmm....this is kinda awkward =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back