• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Just spent about 10/15 Minutes making a list of my favourites & I've got them :).

User: Suicune
    Player: Joe
    Game: Soul Silver
    Favorites: Got mine, but not revealing :).
    Legends: None.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Just spent about 10/15 Minutes making a list of my favourites & I've got them :).

User: Suicune
    Player: Joe
    Game: Platinum
    Favorites: Got mine, but not revealing :).
    Legends: None.

Electric, Grass, Psychic, Flying, Ground, Poison.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ok, so this is my team:

Electrode

The Favorite Challenge

Vileplume

The Favorite Challenge

Espeon

The Favorite Challenge

Dodrio

The Favorite Challenge

Tyranitar

The Favorite Challenge

Swalot

The Favorite Challenge

Not bad, i'll post my first update at the first gym :).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sorry to nitpick but Tyranitar isn't a Ground-type, he's Rock/Dark... Larvitar and Pupitar are Ground/Rock but they trade Ground for Dark when they evolve into Tyranitar.

Ah, your right I assumed that because Lavitar & Pupitar was ground that so was Tyranitar, sorry about that, I'll use the next one on my list (6th)
    which is Claydol

(That's ok isn't it?)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • OK, I know I haven't been posting my progress for a while but I finally got it done! In short,
    - Beat Whitney
    -Beat Morty
    - Beat Chuck
    -Beat Jasmine
    -Stopped rockets underground in Mahagony town
    - Beat Pryce
    - Defeated rockets at the tower
    -Beat Clair
    - Beat rival last time before E4
    - Battled E4
    - Beat Will, Koga, Karen, and Bruno. Struggled on Lance, got lucky.
    I usually go battle the E4 before any training at all when I reach the pokemon league to see how well I fare against them. If I lose, I turn it off. I beat Will, Koga, Bruno, and Karen on my first try. I was surprised. My highest level pokemon (Gallade) was only lv. 49. I was going to do in depth movesets for each pokemon because they sucked, but I still beat Lance. I had trouble when his first Dragonite wiped out all my team except Charizard and a Gallade with 16 hp. I had to use Gallade as a stall, revived my Weavile, then I made quick work of his 3 dragonites with one Ice beam. So I beat the game with 37:10 which is good for me since I train a lot. Sorry no pictures! If you want proof, you'll have to trade with me! XD

Team:

The Favorite Challenge

Three words. AWESOMEST POKEMON EVER!!!! No but it's really awesome. Even though it had a pretty bad moveset with Psycho cut, Sowrds dance, Slash, and Drain punch, It was still a great pokemon. I finished off most pokemon without a swords dance just a slash. It was crucial to defeating Karen, Koga, and many other gym leaders.Overall, great pokemon. It has amazing offense since mines was adamant. It should just be your main sweeper or something. It is level 51 now. I would rate it as my MVP for this team!

The Favorite Challenge

Weavile is a really great pokemon! It is faster than most pokemon and it can hit hard. It was usually my sweeper. Sometimes physical, sometimes special. It knows Iron Tail, Dark Pulse, Surf ( yeah I needed a surfer), and Ice Beam. I mainly used it against gym leaders and trainers since it seemed to be always ahead of my team by level. It is level 50 after E4. Even if it wasn't my best pokemon, it is close second.

The Favorite Challenge

Magnezone is another reason I'm victorious. It has pretty good defense and special defense, but it also had great attack too. It knows: Lock on, Mirror Shot, Thunder Wave, and Discharge( I was going to change to Thunderbolt). It has a resistance to all but 4 types which is awesome. I used him mainly with no strategy at all. I just let him out one round and since he had good defense and a good resistance, he could sweep a little without much time to set up a defense. This is why it is my tied for second pokemon. He is level 48.

The Favorite Challenge

He is cool. Charizard was very crucial to win against grass, bug, fighting, an other types being Fire/ Flying. He had a terrible moveset: Dragon Rage, Fly, Flare Blitz, Flamethrower. Again, I was going to change movesets....
    I usually used flamethrower over flare blitz but flare blitz helped when I was in a tough situation. Great pokemon. I didn't use it to its full advantage but it was still awesome. He is level 46.

The Favorite Challenge

Dusknoir was great. I was going to use him more of a wall and switch his moveset but he did fine without changes. His moves were: Shadow ball, SHadow Punch, Will-O-Wisp, and Payback. He is level 44. He helped beat most pokemon since he had better defense then magnezone in stats, I used him to go against most of the opponents strongest pokemon. Most of their moves did 10- 5 damage. So, dusknoir was a great pokemon to try but I should have used my other main dusknoir which is a trick roomer.

The Favorite Challenge

Even though it was my
    lowest leveld pokemon( level 42), it has great speed and attack. I taught it Frenzy plant, Leaf Blade, Rock Tomb, and Headbutt. Rock Tomb was farily useful since it was good against two of Sceptile's weaknesses. I usually swept with its speed and Leaf blade. If the pokemon has great Defense, I switch to Frenzy plant. But I only use Frenzy plant as a finishing move on a pokemon so I won't have to wait a turn. Great speed, awesome sweeper. We have a sceptile.

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Sorry, been really busy with school so a total lack of updates. Still played this run on the side. Was a lot of fun. Shaymin did act as a Mascot and never actually saw any action, which was kind of fine because I just used an HM slave in that spot to free up some moves on the others. Slave obviously never entered use.

I give you all my team:

The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge

Shaymin will most likely act as mascot of the tea, for 95% of the play through, but I'll be damned if I don't love it. I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention a Legendary in my top 5 Grass starters, but I doubt any ones going to begrudge me a Shaymin.

Years
  • Alright. Today is Diamond day, where I'm playing this in. So, according to my last post here my team was Jumpluff, Heracross, Scyther, Venomoth, Slowpoke and Torterra, but...
    I don't mean to pry but according to your list it should be Omastar and Flygon instead of Slowpoke and Torterra...
    apparently I slipped a bit when determining my team by the list. So this team it is instead:
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge
    The Favorite Challenge

Since none of these Pokemon are native to Sinnoh (No, Heracross - which I actually don't really like anyways - doesn't count, honey trees can go to hell), it's going to take a lot of encounter modifying to assemble this team. Oh dammit, how much I hate looking for such codes and finding hundreds and thousands to get a shiny level 100 Fire-type Arceus with Blast Burn, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz and Flamethrower but none for a regular Hoppip...

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I'd like to give this a go. I might be kinda slow to update with other challenges/real life.

User: tachikaze316
    Player: Tachi
    Favorites:
    Spoiler:

No legendaries.

Oh, and please...if it's not too much trouble, don't give me steel. I just finished the Sinnoh leg of a monotype wth steel...

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    This looks fun!

User: MizuNeko
    Player: --- (I'll choose when I start the game)
    Legendaries: 9 1/2

You can have Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Normal and Dragon. (I swear, the first five choices totally weren't based on the Captain Planet theme song >.>)

Also...may I have a team, please?

Last edited:

MizuNeko

Professional Spaziod
    Years
  • You can have Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Normal and Dragon. (I swear, the first five choices totally weren't based on the Captain Planet theme song >.>)

Also...may I have a team, please?

So that gives me...:

Phanpy
    Vulpix
    Skiploom
    Gorebyss
    Glameow
    Giratina-O

Wow...this is hilarious.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to trade, so I may need to cheat for almost all of these. If that changes, however...(grabs her favorite Ninetales on SoulSilver) I will definitely be trading a Vulpix egg to myself, if that's okay.

Also, is it okay if I hold of on getting Giratina until I can catch him in-game? He's so overpowered compared to the rest of my team that I'm afraid I may wind up using him as a crutch otherwise.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Sign meh up!

Username: Madsen/.Kaiser
    Version: Fire Red
    Favs: not revealing

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • User: Rainbow-Sasuke
    Player: Zero
    Game: Pearl