• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The final boss in this game sucks

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Reds fine, hes still strong as hell and takes a while to train your pokemon up to his level. My battle with him took over an hour, funnest battle Ive ever had.

Years
  • So it's not perfectly balanced, big whoop. What I didn't like was the fact it was hailing right off the bat.

They gave him Lapras since it doesn't get damaged in the hail, and just a third problem with Blizzard (Snorlax, Lapras, Blastose). Yes his Espeon was awesome but they were working on the situation in a different way. Also the fact his pokemon are significantly higher leveled...level 81 pikachu with thunder and agility compared to a level 88 one with a Light Ball Volt Tackle and Thunderbolt...they worked it out closer to today's way of play (sort of like how Lance's rematch has a Garchomp with Outrage).

Also the fact he switched from Pikachu to Charizard after I used EQ on Pikachu...(didn't KO pikachu since I was heavily underleveled) didn't expect the AI to read that...

Considering the level difference they made, he's one tough trainer.

The hail, maybe it was just to ruin things like Focus Sash/the old endeavor trick, they thought a little harder than you thought that they thought...whoa what?

Slo

Rival Slo appeared!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Red still is the last challenge in the game. Sure he has two water pokemon but whatever. HG/SS seems to be more promising than the other games and one mistake wont stop anyone from buying it.

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • I think I like the change, I think he got harder.:) (Haven't played, but watched by friend play it and battle him, he said he was more difficult and judging by what I saw, I have to agree!)

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • If you don't like the game then just give it to me atleast I won't complain because I'm a true fan, no big deal..

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I found him a pretty freaking awesome trainer to face, He took out my first 3 best Pokemon, I had some Max revive, I still beat him, but he showed a battle instead of a no damage battle like others.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • Looks way harder than G/S/C, and trust me, that wasn't easy unless you trained for ever.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • They probably just chucked Espeon in before to get some Gen II Pokemon out there. But now that Gen II is old news, didn't have a problem switching it to the more logical Lapras.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The reason i think that they exchanged Eevee for lapras is to make it more similar to Red\Blue\Yellow\FR\LG's protoganist. :\ I mean, you had to get a Lapras during those games, and Eevee was optional, so it makes sense, sort-of. ;\ Well, that's my opinion. :D

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • He's still the strongest trainer in the game.

Yeah, just imagine if they made it a double battle and gave him a companion from the anime, one just as powerful and intelligent. I remember the double gym battle at Mossdeep back in RSE. I thought that was one of the more challenging gym battles.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    The original G/S/C red was a pushover for me, seriously. I beat him using only my Lv80 lolferaligatr using bite, surf, and an occasional full restore.
    I thought Espeon was really mis-placed in his team anyway. He represents the 1st generation, hur dur.

Have not played HG/SS yet.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    man, he is easy.... (a lot easier if my compare by neighbour. duh!)
    atleast 3 of my pokemon were in the nineties, so.. wasnt much trouble.

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
  • I was a bit underleved (like 10 level under him on average) when I tried him first.
    And I though it wasn't a tought battle, Golem took out Pikachu and Charizard, Rotom took out Lapras and Blastoise and Venusaur, Feraligatr took out Snorlax and helped taking Charizard out, and Galceon was supporting my switches. Didn't even had to explode my Golem.

Battle Frontier is much harder.

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
  • pokemon is about the challenge.onley lozer trainers avoid battles.oh and game freak did not fail.,i would like to see you make them graphics

hes so easy though!in hg, my gliscor won most of it.since hes great,i plan on bring him to pearl,train,then to plat

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Simply put it, they wanted to make Red's team all gen 1 Pokemon, because Espeon is a gen 2 Pokemon that evolves from Eevee, a gen 1 pokemon, and considering the fact that Red is the hero of gen 1, they had to make him have an entire team consisting of only gen 1 Pokemon, no gen 2

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Simply put it, they wanted to make Red's team all gen 1 Pokemon, because Espeon is a gen 2 Pokemon that evolves from Eevee, a gen 1 pokemon, and considering the fact that Red is the hero of gen 1, they had to make him have an entire team consisting of only gen 1 Pokemon, no gen 2
    I wouldn't necessarily say they wanted Red to have a team full of only first generation Pokémon, though you do make your point, now that you look at Red's new team, but more so I think they just made the change to fit his new surroundings. With Red's new location on Mt. Silver, at the very top with the hail weather condition, his team was able to have 100% Accuracy for the move Blizzard, which three of his Pokémon know this time around. Plus, it also gives his new Lapras immunity against the hail condition. My next idea for his change would so it would match Ash's old team from the anime when he once had a Lapras, regardless of those who say the game does not take some reference from the anime.

As for his difficulty in the game compared to the originals, again it all depends on how well your team is off both statistically and strategically. So, the difficulty range for Red varies amongst each player as not all players have the same teams, moves, etc. Also, if they do, that isn't to say they will all be battling him at the same level. So, it really varies in difficulty against Red as well as with the entire game as a whole. So really these are all factors many must consider before bluntly saying "Red was fail compared to the original GSC," or such things of the sort.

Back