• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The first generation was much cooler than the new ones!"

What was the coolest generation?(Multiple Choice)

• Generation I

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Generation II

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Generation III

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    I like gen 2 because gold/silver was huge its took me like 200 hours to beat it when i was about 10 and also it introduced day and night and breeding.

xFlareonx

Team Johto Member
    Years
    Generation 2 by far, i admit it was a little easy(took me 4 hours) but the gameplay was so good i still play it today

generation 1 was good but i dont really remember beating it

never played generation 3 so i cant rightfully say

generation 4 WORST GAME EVER over 400 pokemon and half of them are originals with different sprites bidoof = rattata feebas = magikarp starly = pidgey etc... Nintendo was lazy with this one it was way too short.

My hope is that generation V will break the pattern of the games going downhill

(Haters gonna hate!)

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Why are people judging the games instead of the generations? XD This is a poll about the generations, not the games.

Point in case: I'm not at all impressed with many of the Pokemon of G/S/C/HG/SS, but I love HeartGold to death. I never played the original Gold or even Crystal, but HeartGold's storyline is epic and I had so much fun playing the game that I'm seriously not surprised so many people are fond of G/S/C. But Pokemon-wise, a lot of them are (or were) crappy, until the 4th gen came along and made it all better.

Anyways, I voted for the III and IV generations. To me, the first generation was the third generation, XD. But I don't really have a favourite, all I know is that I love the Pokemon of Hoenn and Sinnoh better than those of Kanto and Johto, but that's that. Mostly I loved III and IV for its Grass types and their great variety (let's face it, the Grass types in Kanto and Johto are mostly ****; the Kanto Grass/Poison types are all outclassed by Roserade big time, and every Grass in Johto except Meganium and Celebi is rather weak).

But for the record, the best games (imo) are: Heart Gold > Platinum > Emerald.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I am a child of generation I and II, so those are the two that will always hit home with me. Mainly GSC. RBY is where it started, so there's a lot of sentiment, but I can't say I'd still enjoy it if I played it today.

Gen III is probably the one I stuck with the longest of the four. I replayed it many times with countless variations of teams without becoming bored.

That's where DPP fell down. Brilliant presentation, but awful replay value. It also didn't have the quirk of the previous generations and it took itself far too seriously with that interdimensional apocalypse plot. Different story with HGSS though, I can (and do) still play that with joy.

All things considered, have to go with generation II. It made the biggest leap of all the sequels.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I cried when I first heard this. Nuff said.

But I'll go on anyway. People will generally go for what generation they first got into Pokemon with, unless they were around for the first one then they'll usually prefer the second for some reason; it was certainly the largest 'leap forward' as a sequel.
    One of the major reasons I like R/B/G, after going back and having a second look at it, is as follows:
    I really like the more monstruous designs of the pokémon and even the official monster art by Ken Sugimori showcases mostly an arsenal of monsters rather than friendly creatures.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    I'm sorry for those who started playing at Gen III, because it's definetly the worst. Gen I was amazing. Gen II was even better, adding a lot of stuff and switching from "monocromatic" to colors. Gen III had what I call "the dumb gamer effect". It just improved graphics.

If you pick any idiot who plays videogames and asks what makes a cool game, he will say "Graphics!" and totally forget about history, sound, gameplay...

Gen III just updated graphics. Almost all the Pokes sucked except for a few. The story was kinda pathetic too. Team Aqua trying to cover the world on water? Geez, and then what? Didn't you see Waterworld? xD

The Gym leaders sucked, the league sucked, the "after league" sucked... The only good thing is that they remade Red and Blue. Those who say FRGL are cool, remember where they got the idea from.

Gen IV introduced quite a lot of things. DDPt rocked and HGSS did it even more. Even through I don't like DPPt's story that much. But Gen III made me stop playing Pokémon for a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back