• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw? (revived)

Years
    mine was when it was my sisters B,day and she bought a packet of pokemon cards and she gave me a dratini!!!
    8 yrs later and i still have it~ funny how my fav type of pokemon is dragon types :)

Moderator edit: This thread was split from this thread, due to being active after revival.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well, it would be the first pokemon that was shown on the first airing ever in the US and I dont remember that damn well.

oops, we bumped a very old thread, you did it!

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Pikachu. The first time I saw it was when I was in fifth grade. For show and tell, my classmate brought in some Pokemon-related stuff, including a Pikachu plushie.

Shortly after I saw Ponyta on a trading card.

Then I saw some Pokemon pictures on someone's lunchbox. Among them were Jigglypuff, Dewgong, Ninetales, and Weezing.

It wasn't until about a year later that I saw the anime and got Pokemon Yellow.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Ah, intreguing question! :D

Back in 1999 when I was 11 I saw some Pokemon on a Nintendo Gameboy guide, which I bought, but I was uninterested until later that year I had a holiday in Bermuda and cos they are ahead of us with cartoons and such I saw the Pokemon anime for the very first time! I remember watching "Here comes the Squirtle Squad" with Goldeen chasing Pikachu who fell into the water. Ironically I have never met the person whose house I stayed in while watching the Pokemon anime- they are just friends of my Aunts! Anyway got the game a few months later and the rest is history...

In answer to the question: Pikachu and Goldeen!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The first pokemon I saw I remember clearly.... I was 7 at Christmas... I went to open my present and i got a pack of pokemon cards and the first card at the top of the stack was a charizard... lol i didn't know it at the time but it was one of the rarest cards till all the new ones came out...=/

So my first pokemon seen was charizard.

I however don't collect pokemon cards anymore..

Last edited:
    Years
    I think the first Pokèmon I saw were more than one. XD If I remember well they were Pikachu, Togepi, Bulbasaur and Squirtle. My cousin made me see an article from the magazine Times, where they talked about Pokemon (which was still to come here in Italy) and there was a picture taken from the first movie. XD

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Pikachu, propably. I think I saw it on a free booklet that had some toys and other stuff in it. There was a picture of Ash, Misty, Brock and Pikachu running. I wondered who they were, because almost nobody knew about pokemon in Finland that time. Couple weeks later Pokemon started to come from tv, so the next pokemon I saw were the pokemon shown in the beginning of the first episode. I missed the end of that episode, because my mom turned the tv off saying I had watched too much tv that morning. ;__;

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Pikachu and Meowth, simultaneously. I didn't know anything about Pokemon until I saw the anime, and the first episode I've seen was "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak" (in its first airing in the US -- man, I'm old). I remember it was the scene where Ash and the gang and Team Rocket (lax Brock and James) were looking for... well, Brock and James. The one where Jessie proceeds to do the motto alone. So, naturally, Pikachu and Meowth were there, helping to find their menfolk.

Good times. Awesome episode too. And that remains one of my favorite scenes ever in the Pokemon anime.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Wow, I have the same avatar as the first poster. >D

First Pokemon? Either Charizard, on my Red box, or Pikachu, from the anime.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
    Mine were squirtle and caterpie. I walked up to my friend in school and he was playing blue. He told me he was looking for a pikachu in viridian forest. and got in a battle with squirtle and caterpie. (This is how i found out about pokemon too.)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    The first Pokemon I saw was Doduo on a card. I still have it actually as a reminder of where my obsession began...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    First Pokémon I ever seen were the pokémon Ash was dreaming about (Charmandes, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur). Plus Nidorino, Gengar, and Onix on Ash's tv.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Hmmm.... I think the Pokemon I first saw was either Pikachu or Pidgeyotto. What makes it strange is that I THOUGHT it was the wild Pikachu one.. the one where Pikachu goes to join the wild Pikachu temporarily. I even remember that it was night time in the episode itself, and I THOUGHT I remember seeing all the Pikachu tied up, but then later I have the episode on dvd and I watch it and am like "Wait, Pidgyotto never appears in this episode!" XD

-Neko

Back