• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw? (revived)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    The first one I've seen was a Blastoise, when I got Pokemon Blue for my birthday. I never restarted the one I originally played, as a reminder of my obsession. (Although I did import most of my high-leveled pokemon to Silver, where they still reside.)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    The first Pokémon I ever saw was Charmeleon.
    Back around first grade one of my pals came up to me as we merrily strolled towards the bus and asked if I knew about Pokémon. I honestly told him I had never heard of the little creatures. Upon hearing this, my little friend took something out of his backpack and swiftly handed it to me. The piece of flimsy cardboard I held in my hand displayed a red chameleon/dinosaur looking creature; I instantly wanted to know more about them. Needless to say I looked up this franchise, found out there was a show and started watching it. That's the origin of my first Pokémon and my first love of the series.

(I found out I had already received Blue version the previous Christmas, but had never really made the connection. I suppose I was a very oblivious child. xD)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The first Pokémon I ever saw was Pikachu. Someone was drawing it at the after school care I attended. He drew Mr. Hankey from South Park on the same page so I thought they were from the same show. :( He taught me how to draw Pikachu later, when I actually realized what Pokémon was. XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I don't remember the specific point where I first saw a Pokemon, though it was probably Pikachu. At the time my little brother was wanting to get Yellow, I thought it was a platform game with the user playing as a Pikachu. But at the time I didn't know his name was Pikachu. I thought his name was "Pokemon," XDDDD

Amazing how 10 years changes things. :D

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I... don't remember the very first one I saw, actually :[ I just remember seeing everybody playing around with the cards at recess (Squirtle in particular stands out) and then I started watching the anime like, pretty soon after. Soo, I guess I'll go with Squirtle, since it was the earliest one I can remember XD;

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I think it was Bulbasaur. I saw him in my friends guidebook, followed by Mankey and Oddish on the trading cards. I didn't know what Pokemon really was at that age (I think 3rd grade, so I was..eight?) until I saw Pokemon Pikachu (I always bounced up and down on my bed when that commercial came on :P).

Then I got a gameboy, Red version, eventually Pinball and Yellow, got into the anime/cards and the rest was history...

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    The first one I ever saw was either Pikachu or Fearow
    I saw Fearow on a Pokemon card and wondered what the heck it was... xD

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
    When Pokemon was just breaking it's way into the West and the media had started to spread across stuff, I saw an advert in the Beano... It was like a Pokedex entry for Tentacool at the top.

I was like "What the heck is 'Pokemon'?"

But yeah, it was Tentacool.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    the first i saw was Pikachu,when i used to collect the trading cards everyone wanted one so that's the one i used to see alot.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I might have saw Ash's pokemon in the begining of Pokemon: The First Movie, but the pokemon
    I actually noticed and focused on was Mewtwo. Eversince, I've loved all Psychic types.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Did no one list nidorino and gengar yet?
    I can't believe it.
    Its on the intro people!

it happened like this.
    I just got my pokemon red, and i was so thrilled to start it up and catch 'em all, so i booted it up and saw what?The gamefreak logo, and then a thrilling battle between gengar and nidorino.The short appearence was so awesome, my eyes wouldn't leave the screen of the GBC.
    they were the first pokemon i saw because i wanted to see everything in pokemon red.

Singhy

Pokemonaholic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    My first one was Nidorino in the opening of the game and went O_O SO COOL!!! *reminisces*

Back