• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The First Pokémon you ever saw?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    First one? That is a tough one...

Umm... I think it was from the original games - I got a Gameboy Colour and Pokémon Red came with it. The GBC was all the rage back then 'cos of the games. It was the first time I had been so engrosed in a game that I didn't stop playing it for hours.

I can't really remember whether I got the game first or I saw the animé first. I think it must be the game - 'cos I was really excited when the animé series was first shown in the UK (first ever episode broadcast on SMTV live's launch with Ant and Dec).

So, I'm guessing it must be Charizard on the box cover. :)

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • 1st Pokemon I ever saw, Pikachu! and the second was Bulbasaur :) I saw Pikachu on a commercial for Pokemon, and Bulbasaur on the 1st show I watched.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
  • I remember...

A long time ago, in a land far away called 1996...One evening I was sitting at home doing something in which I can not remember.

Then my aunt came over, and she had presents, so I was all hyper and yayyay and the what-not and the who-ha.

So it turned out she bought me and my brother each a gameboy game...My brother took Red ,and I took Blue.
    I was like "Dude sweet" and took it and looked at the box.
    Which deducts that Blastoise was the first Pokemon I ever saw.

But we only had one gameboy, so I had to watch my brother play for a few hours, first.

Yay. Blastoise!

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Having older brothers and sisters playing it, and all my neighbors playing got me into it... earlly... earrrlly early in my life, so i dont remember what the first one was. My first game was yellow, so it might have been the poke that oak shows in the begining lol

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    The first Pokemon I ever saw was a Pidgeot and from that day on I fell in love with it. It was my first lvl. 100 Pokemon and one of my greatest Pokemon ever. If I could trade it over from my Red to my Diamond, man I would kick arse.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • Caterpie...I was at the babysitters after school when I was 5. Majority of the other kids were guys so I would watch power rangers, monster rancher (god i miss that show), and etc with them and it showed this up and coming show from Japan, and it showed a caterpie first, idk why...I think it was from when Ash was going to Viridian city (omg when I type that out I'm singing that song in my head) (-I left my home, to search for more horizons....)

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    I'm not quite sure, but if I had to guess, it'd have to be either Blastoise or Charizard since they were on the game boxes (or Pikachu since he's the mascot).

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well I guess I will put mine in categories
    Game Wise: Charmander
    Anime wise: The regular starters or was it Pikachu
    Real world wise: Pikachu
    I guess thats it, but really it was a long time ago so I really am not sure.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    The first pokemon I saw was when I was bought red and blue the day they camo out and when I started blue I picked the first pokeball I pressed A near and I got squirtle so squirtle was my first ^.^ (such a terrible pokemon LMAO!)

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    The first Pokemon I saw was Pikachu. Everybody knows why..... Pikachu is the official mascot of Pokemon, what else?

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • Earliest memory? People dressed up as Pikachu, and some of the starters on this news article to do with Pokemons release. Yes, they would be technically the first Pokemon Id ever remember seeing XD

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • Charizard. He was on the cover of pokemon red, so I saw him before I even knew what pokemon were.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • Considering the anime came out before the game here in Australia and I'd only found out about it the day before it came out I had no time to research it and the start of the episode has the montage of Pokémon, the first Pokémon I ever saw was Mewtwo.

Back