• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "Forgotten" Pokemon

Years
    No, it's not a topic for the betas of Metal Generation Pokemon, nor is it for well made fakes. It's for the real Pokemon that are a bit "Forgotten". When I say that, I mean they aren't used in battles, not discussed by people etc. In this topic we will fight for their rights... *cough* we will discuss about them and say our opinions for which Pokemon are so "forgotten".

---------

My opinions:

Omastar
    Kabuto
    Tyrogue
    Hypno
    Drowzee
    Other that won't come out of my mind xD

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Omastar and Hypno are both awesome UU Pokemon, and I do agree they both need more love.

Farfetch'd is another one people seem to at least want to forget.

Years
    Another forgotten Pokemon is... Charizard and Pikachu XD Just Kidding :P
    Hmm.. to be honest Raticate is also so rare to see used in a battle or in the Anime/Manga. And yeah, I agree that Farfetch'd is another UU even though it looks so cute and strange and funny itself :P Well, to be honest Farfetch'd is a rare Pokemon itself since according to the Anime people were eating it too much.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I think that a majorly forgotten Pokemon is Raichu. Yes, Raichu. And it's because of Ash and his Pikachu. No one cares that Raichu are all-around better and cuddlier! I've had a Raichu on my teams since I first got the games. It's always been one of my two absolute favorite Pokemon. And no one seems to know it exsists!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'll have to agree with Nagoyaka Aikouka about Raichu. Everyone seems to like Pikachu more <.<

Other Pokémon no one uses and that rarely appear in the manga/anime or anywhere else are Cradily, Dunsparce and Yanma, they are all awesome UU Pokémon, but no one (apart from me =P) ever uses them D=

I also agree about Omastar and Hypno *nods*.

Aipom and Ledyba/Ledian are also Pokémon no one cares about and never has either. But I absolutely wub those little fuzzy wuzzies (that so didn't sound like me O.o) <3

Years
    Omastar was thought to be extinct but were found, Ash, Misty, Brock & Professor Oak agreed to keep their existance a secret. Since Jessie, James & Meowth also know about them they should report it to Team Rocket headquarters, but probably won't. Kabuto is also nearly extinct and would be as hard to find, when come across, they prefer to be left alone.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Magneton and Electabuzz both better electric types than pikachu

Gloom is very awesome too. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Pichu are awesome baby pokemon.

But I will admit, some pokemon are best forgotten.

Last edited:

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    You know who I don't see? Sableye. The guy has no weakness if the foe hasn't used Foresight or Odor Sleuth. Plus which, it has a decent move pool and decent physical power.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Magneton and Electabuzz both better electric types than pikachu

Gloom is very awesome too. Magby, Elekid, Smoochum and Pichu are awesome baby pokemon.

But I will admit, some pokemon are best forgotten.
    Since when has Magneton been a forgotten Pokémon?
    Every 5th standard Netbattle OU team you have has one.
    You know who I don't see? Sableye. The guy has no weakness if the foe hasn't used Foresight or Odor Sleuth. Plus which, it has a decent move pool and decent physical power.
    I agree about Sableye being horribly neglected ;-; But sadly, with defenses like that, you can't do much D=

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Yeah, Sableye, although a dual Dark/Ghost type, does have a poor defence.
    What about Sandshrew and Tentacool? Once I've caught them, they mainly spend the rest of their time the PC boxes. Poor guys.:'(

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I say Dusparce, Swinub, and Farfetch'd are the most forgotten.
    Yesh, Swinub (and Piloswine, too) need more love ;-;
    What about Sandshrew and Tentacool? Once I've caught them, they mainly spend the rest of their time the PC boxes. Poor guys.
    The reason why no one trains Sandshrew is because Dugtrio is better than Sandslash in every way, I wub Sandslah, though.
    As for Tentacool, I have absolutely no idea why no one uses it, it has above average HP and awesome Speed and Special defense, plus the ability to learn Mirror Coat and Rapid Spin, both extremely useful in competitive battling.

Back