• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Future of the Pokemon Games

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    Due to it's popularity, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that new generations and games of Pokemon will come out. But it seems to me that each generation gets less and less interesting. I loved the first generation, and the second and third were alright, but there were a lot of Pokemon that I didn't like.
    I absolutely hated the fourth generation. There isn't any Pokemon, besides maybe the legendaries, that I find interesting at all. The starters for D/P sucked. There wasn't one that I even kind of liked.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, and I know different people have different tastes in Pokemon, but I have a feeling that the future generations are going to continue to suck.

Any thoughts on this?

Dark2552

Blaz1ken.
    Years
    Due to it's popularity, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that new generations and games of Pokemon will come out. But it seems to me that each generation gets less and less interesting. I loved the first generation, and the second and third were alright, but there were a lot of Pokemon that I didn't like.
    I absolutely hated the fourth generation. There isn't any Pokemon, besides maybe the legendaries, that I find interesting at all. The starters for D/P sucked. There wasn't one that I even kind of liked.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, and I know different people have different tastes in Pokemon, but I have a feeling that the future generations are going to continue to suck.

Any thoughts on this?
    I think you're absolutely right.
    After Hoenn, I didn't really like the games anymore. Give me a Hoenn Remake, or Johto remake, and I can die happy.
    They get crappier, and crappier every generation.

Rogue Shadow

Dragon Master
    Years

Any thoughts on this?

100% right. no doubt, it all went downhill
    but i think they'll get better with time

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    100% right. no doubt, it all went downhill
    but i think they'll get better with time

I would hope so. Maybe they'll change they're style and make start making bizzare, yet awesome Pokemon. :/
    Jeez. I really don't want to have to play every new Pokemon game with all my pokemon imported from Hoenn or Johto.

Poke_Vamp

(Not a) Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    I agree that the new ones are less interesting, I think they should have stopped creating new Pokemon after the Hoenn region and should just stick with making games with existing Pokemon :D

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    My rating:

R/B/Y- Very Interesting
    G/S/C- Very Interesting
    Ru/Sa/Em- Decent, noninteresting, I had to push myself to buy them
    FR/LG- Very Interesting
    D/P- Very Interesting

The games are becoming better since the Ru/Sa fluke.

Don't get me wrong, I love D/P to death, it's obviously one of the best Pokemon games there is, and they will probably get more interesting, gameplay wise, but the generation that it revolves around sucked, if my opinion. Who knows, maybe the nest generation will be the best one anyone has ever seen. :/

Years
    I don't see why everyone hates the Generation III Pokemon so much. They were my favorite out of all four, although I agree that Generation IV's really sucked.

For Generation V, I see many pre-evolved/evolved forms of the 42 Pokemon already existing with one/both. I just hope the starters aren't as hideous as Generation IV's... save for the Chimchar line. That one was decent, but I can't stand the giant steel penguin or the other one.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    I don't see why everyone hates the Generation III Pokemon so much. They were my favorite out of all four, although I agree that Generation IV's really sucked.

For Generation V, I see many pre-evolved/evolved forms of the 42 Pokemon already existing with one/both. I just hope the starters aren't as hideous as Generation IV's... save for the Chimchar line. That one was decent, but I can't stand the giant steel penguin or the other one.

Generation 3 was fine. I liked a lot of Pokemon in that one, but it can't compare to Generation 1. I liked almost every Pokemon in generation 1, and I like less and less in each new generation.

LETS SEE HOW MANY TIMES I CAN USE THE WORD GENERATION IN ONE POST. :]]]]]]]

Years
    I don't expect anything radical for 5th gen. The improvements from gen to gen seem merely aesthetic and technical. I desperately wish Game Freak would do some serious fan service though, not just like wifi and day and night. One of the best ways would be to stop dumping a load of rubbish pokemon on us, it is far too saturated now.

We can moan though but we all still play the new games just like the old ones, and we will with future ones aswell.

Years
    Generation I - Fantastic
    Generation Overrated - Not spectacular, most pokemon from 220-240 were easily forgettable and poor.
    Generation Underrated - Fantastic again and we could see what we were doing much better.
    Generation IV - It was okay.

I say that for V since they are obviously running out of ideas they should only have about 50/60 pokemon instead of 100 new ones.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Generation 1 has not any pokemon i dislike second one had one pokemon that i dont like, scizor. And third one was like 75 % good, but fourth is really bad.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I actually preferred Generation 2 to Generation 1...3 and 4, although I didn't dislike, I really don't care about too much.
    I'm hoping they try to go back to their roots for 5th Generation, I think that's what a lot of you believe too. Bring back the feel of the classic Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2009
    I just hope that in Gen 5, we can have access to other regions like in Gen 2 (Johto to Kanto)

Back