• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Game Corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 4, 2017
    (...Or lack there of...)

The Game Corner!

Okay so, I'm making this firstly because no one's really mentioned this so yeah. As you (should) all know, back in good old days of Gen IV, Pokemon's Game corners started to change. In Platinum, they just weren't playable. In HGSS, there was...Voltorb flip... And now, we just don't have them. Anywhere.

This was due to stricter PEGI laws implemented in 2008-9 that meant that any game that was deemed to "promote, encourage or teach gambling", had to be classified as 18. You read that right, classified as 18. So the easiest thing, was not to replace it as was done in Heartgold, but to get rid of it entirely.

Now here's the point of my thread. Mauville game corner was the place where you used to be able to get 5 TM's; TM32 - Double team, TM 29 - Psychic, TM35 - Flamethrower, TM24 - Thunderbolt, TM13 - IceBeam , and 3 dolls for your secret base. On top of that, not gonna lie but the games were addicting. Roulette mostly for myself... >.>

But, now with the new rules, it's most likely gone. What do you think will be replacing it? Will we be getting a brand new thing? Will we just have an empty space? Will the city be redesigned to include the Battle Maison or something else compatible with XY (remember the games are gonna have to be compatible mini-game wise).

Discuss!

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hey there, we already have a topic to discuss the Game Corner right here. I suggest you check it out and share your thoughts there. Have a nice day now!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back