• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Not, it wont be possible to make a 5th Generation

If there is, there will probably be a time and space paradox so bad, the world would implode.

But if there is and the world survives, it's for us to acknowledge its ugliness.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    In my opinion, it's perfectly possible for 5th gen, etc to come out.
    The post somewhere up there saying they're running out of animals to base the Pokemon off of is ridiculous in my opinion.
    The world of animals, plants, mythical creatures is much bigger than what Pokemon has been based off of so far, there's loads left to base them off of.
    Ditto, for one, is not an animal but based off of an amoeba, a singular celled organism with no definite shape. It's not an animal.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I 100% sure that V generation will come. Can't wait too. =D

The fact is, they're running out of animals to base their Pokémon on. I mean look at Rotom.
    Rotom is a poltergeist. =O Most Pokemon are based off of mythical creatures from Japanese culture (some include China).
    The post somewhere up there saying they're running out of animals to base the Pokemon off of is ridiculous in my opinion.
    The world of animals, plants, mythical creatures is much bigger than what Pokemon has been based off of so far, there's loads left to base them off of.
    Yes, besides, there are still a lot more animals to make into Pokemon.

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    I suppose the fact that there are plenty of organisms still left to be used is true, but if they were to use them in 5th Gen, they would all have something very similar to the Pokemon of previous gens, therefore, it would be difficult to make a full 100+ set of Pokemon that look completely original.

Milotic was the greatest sign of idea loss in RSE. Its simply Gyarados' long lost cousin. Not exactly original, I would say.

The fact that they're beginning to make more spin-offs and remakes would also help thet fact that, either 5th won't come, or they can't think of anything.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    This is possible, highly possible, since Gen. IV was somewhat of a success.

Although, even if there are still countless species of animals left, they will run out sooner or later.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    As long as there are happpy consumers and as long as they can turn anything they would ever want (Which they definately can.. cant wait for the tinfoilililiolo) tehn POKEMON SHALL LIVE 4 EVARS! yeah so theres a100% chance it will happen...

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    there will be one but they will make more side games there will lots of more pokemon I say the 5th gen will be the last then remakes thats my guess

Keora

Fighting Master
    Years
    I think a 5th generation is completely possible they are doing really well with the pokemon franchise right now and i think there gonna keep making them until they stop selling. Which i dont think is gonna be anytime soon unless the pokemon are completely stupid

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'm sure that Pokemon will still keep continuing its game series with more and more generations if the fans are still hooked onto it. According to the sales, DPPt sold a lot more than RSE, so that's a sign that Pokemon's fandom is not declining at all. So with more fans and in hopes to make the fandom population grow, a 5th generation will be very likely to hook even more fans up with Pokemon.

To be honest, Nintendo doesn't care about its fans as much as its money that it's making. As long as it's making good money, Nintendo wwill probably go forth with an idea.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Money = Nintendo
    Agreed, lets remember that Nintendo is in fact a corporation, and now they have a seperate Pokemon Company, they will never cease at creating pokemon games until the preverbial well runs dry, and that won't happen in a while. As for the 5th Gen, its quite possiable, I mean we were shown in Gen III how much Nintendo likes to beat a generation of Pokemon into our minds. With the arrival of Pokemon games onto the Consoles, as well as spin-off series such as Mystery Dungun, and Ranger, it might be awhile before we see the next gen, but it will happen. Nintendo has to complete the remakes of Gold and Silver to start off with, but after those are finished, they might make a few spin-off games, and mabey a Console game, but after that, say hello to Gen V, oh it'll happen. On the topic of "Original Pokemon", the fact that a majority the animals on this planet have yet to be classified, and that pokemon only has had 493 chances to get each species, I doubt that the Gen 5 Pokemon will be a let down. Now how there going to work around the whole Arceus Original One thing, makes me wonder on what the 5th Gen Legendaries will be, but never fear, pokemon will not begin to repeat, or reuse pokemon, often. (Just remembered the Pikachu, Plusle, and Minun simularites:D)

Last edited:

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    Its true the Pokemon Franchise to Nintendo is more of a Money Well, and they will draw from it until its dry, which naturally means a 5th may happen, but will the result be good?

Or will it just flop and land face-down in the mud?

The arrival of HeartGold & SoulSilver makes me wonder.. originally, the idea of a GSC remake was like a dream where you had 5 Birthdays a year. But its obvious Nintendo want to buy some time, to attempt to make unique Pokemon designs, which they're most likely failing at, seeing as theres not been a single peep of it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I honestly dont see the franchise ending anytime soon.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    I Don't See The Franchise Ending Soon Either- But It Will Be Hard To Like The Pokemon- Like BrianGabriel said, it will take a while for them to grow on me- it just scares me- how the pokemon will look- i mean, alot of the fourth gen once are kinda........ weird..... and they are also just copies of gen 1-- but hopefully it's like family guy is now- a bunch of really crappy episodes and BAM with 3 good episodes in a row- i hope gen 5 is that BAM
    PS, there arn'e many animals left- pretty soon they are gonna have to use common house apliances (fricking rotum)

Aethelstan

I find myself hilarious
    Years
    I think they might just come out with a bunch more spin offs, but I really don't see the Pokemon franchise ending either. It's too popular and there's just too much profit. They'll keep thinking of things until their ideas get so crappy that it becomes completely unpopular. I hope they don't try and expand Pokemon like they expanded Mario though. It was fun with Party and Soccer and Kart and stuff, but if Pokemon tried to do anything like that it would be stupid. I do see a 5th Gen, by the way.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Oh, DarthWaffles, your question isn't weather or not Generation 5 will happen, but rather if the pokemon in said Generation will be on Par, cration wise, with previous generations?? Well, I think that with the vast amount of legends, animals, inanamate, and animate objects out there, the creators have a basiclly unlimited supply of ideas to base pokemon off of. True, repeats are bound to happen, examples are Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, Gyarados, Molotic, etc.. Never doubt the ability of the human imagination.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    I see it possible. There's no guarantee. Different people at Nintendo have both said "Definitely will be" and "Definitely won't be." But they argue on all kinds of things, back and forth. Like how they denied the existence of Arceus. It wasn't even officially made a Pokémon until this year. That's FOUR years the Pokémon was being cheated with and captured, traded, added to the dex. But didn't even exist according to Game Freak and Nintendo.

I personally think it is possible. Look at so many great Pokémon who don't have ANY evolutions. I think the main goal is to give all of them evolutions. Two, at least.

Absol, Farfetch'd, Lapras, Zangoose. They're great Pokémon and people would argue they should never have to change or be subjected to change of any kind such as evolution. But people loved Pikachu just fine with only Raichu and then Pichu came out.

Yeah, it'd be rushed and weird looking. All generations are weird looking at first--then you get used to them.

Everyone complaining about what Sinnoh Pokémon look like. Do you even KNOW what my reaction to the weirdness of the first generation was when I started watching it? I was so weirded out I couldn't even sleep. >>

Nya, it'll be subject to a LOT of hatred if they do make a new generation. But, every generation at one point or another has been. I'd love to see it.

At the same time, I'd be perfectly okay with them keeping it the way it is. Whatever Nintendo does is their decision. ^^

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
    Well, I'm gonna say yeah, they could definitely make a 5th generation. Judging by what Hackers and Fan Game makers can some up with, all they'd have to do is come to PC and get some new Pokemon ^^ I think its entirely possible that they come out with it. I wouldn't guarantee that they do Gen 5 before they make a decent console game though. Thats what Pokemon really needs :D

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    It appears that everyone seems to disagree with me. =(

I've always thought that Pokemon would die sooner or later, and that the release of DP was a little bit disappointing. So naturally I reckoned that Pokemon was dying out.

I will say now, 5th Gen is possible, but how good will it be? I can't think of anything original that could still be made.

I can almost smell the chain of disagreements coming at me..

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
    I'm not really sure but I think I'm more on your side. They basically created every legendary possible. Including a (sort of ) god type pokemon. What more could they possibly make?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back