• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generation 5 / Future Generations Speculation Thread + Wishlist

What do u think the starters element will be in gen V

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valo

Years
    New idea: MewThree plus Silph Co.

Mewtwo had the power of all pokemon, and MISSINGNO could become any pokemon.
    Porygon was the virtual reality pokemon, and MISSINGNO was a glitch, glitches can occur in virtual realities.
    And when the Silph Co. Lab was gone (G/S) so was MISSINGNO.

I think Missingno should be reintroduced as MewThree. Being a glitch himself, the pokedex in unable to identify him, dubbing him Missingno, the number missing from the pokedex. He should team up with MewTwo (his "brother") and do some stuff. Team Rocket tries to control him, and you join them, because Team Rocket control him would be better than letting his destructive powers run free. Silph Co. would have a new base and finally be the center of the plot, as the creators of the Pok'eball should be!

Wasn't that your idea of a hack game? Or somebody else's.

Fighting/Dark/Psychic isn't a proper trio, as Psychic doesn't effect Dark.

Things like Rock, Flying, Fighting would have worked, but since they won't create a pure Flying type, it wouldn't work.

Basically I'm trying to say I hope they stick with Grass, Fire, and Water. :) But the final evos could have Rock, Flying, and Fighting in them, or other three types that work the same.

nightslash

pokemaniac
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    what i aspire to have in the 5th generation are legendary horses which epitomizes the horsemen of the apocalypse. just like what the bible prophecy in the book of revelations reveals. their characteristics are as follows:

The White Horse which represents the anti-christ/false prophet/conqueror - Light Type

The Red Horse which represents war - Fire Type

The Pale Horse which represents famine/disease- Poison Type

The Black Horse which represents death - Dark Type

Last edited:

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    It will always be grass, water, fire but their second element could be something new like what we saw in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum etc.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    They should have some sort of water / fire combination as a regular pokemon it could be like a steam pokemon, or grass fire, like a wild fire pokemon

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    New idea: MewThree plus Silph Co.

Mewtwo had the power of all pokemon, and MISSINGNO could become any pokemon.
    Porygon was the virtual reality pokemon, and MISSINGNO was a glitch, glitches can occur in virtual realities.
    And when the Silph Co. Lab was gone (G/S) so was MISSINGNO.

I think Missingno should be reintroduced as MewThree. Being a glitch himself, the pokedex in unable to identify him, dubbing him Missingno, the number missing from the pokedex. He should team up with MewTwo (his "brother") and do some stuff. Team Rocket tries to control him, and you join them, because Team Rocket control him would be better than letting his destructive powers run free. Silph Co. would have a new base and finally be the center of the plot, as the creators of the Pok'eball should be!
    no, worst idea ever, it is worse than arceus
    have of what you said is not even cannon, it would never happen,
    and they did not create the pokeball
    any ways, what thye need to do is add some more story opitons other than just being a new trainer
    maybe have a option to join the bad guys for once or be full on cordintator, somthing like that

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    what i aspire to have in the 5th generation are legendary horses which epitomizes the horsemen of the apocalypse. just like what the bible prophecy in the book of revelations reveals. their characteristics are as follows:

The White Horse which represents the anti-christ/false prophet/conqueror - Light Type

The Red Horse which represents war - Fire Type

The Pale Horse which represents famine/disease- Poison Type

The Black Horse which represents death - Dark Type

Hey - you stole my idea! :P But yeah, I had the same idea for my design of a fifth-generation game. But mine aren't actual horses, they're all different looking, and none are light-typed (never liked the idea of a Light type). Also, you missed out Famine.

Pestilence - Poison. First poison-typed legendary.
    War - Fighting. Fits much better than Fire, and would be the first fighting-typed legendary.
    Famine - Ground. Because you know, dry ground=no crops=famine.
    Death - Dark/Ghost. The trio master.

I've named Famine "Exhortic" and Death "Meggidos".

Then they have an opposing trio+master to prevent the apocalypse. It's a jungly region with a huge river and lake, so they go as follows:

Water - Protector of the Rivers.
    Grass - Protector of the Forests.
    Rock - Protector of the Mountains.
    Flying (as in pure flying) - Named "Griffoar". Based on the legendary Griffin, with some influences from Pegasus. The trio master. Protector of the skies.

So yeah, ironically the only one (sort-of) based on a horse is in fact the opposition to the Four Horsemen.

But yeah, I think It would be a good idea. I have an idea where the plot would involve you having to prevent the apocalypse, finding the trio and defeating them, and then having to summon Griffoar to fight Meggidos. That would be pretty cool.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    Would love to see Ice as one but I highly doubt they'll stray from Grass, Water, Fire

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I don't think starters will be fighting/psychic/dark, because psy atacks don't affect Dark Pokémon, which gives the other kinda an unfair adventage. Probably Fire/Water/Grass, but maybe Dual-typed indeed.

What do I hope for?
    - Maybe Eeveelutions (a normal typed for exemple)
    - Less Water-Pokémon, there are too much of them, more Fire types
    - New type combinations, I hope every combo will exist, but that probably won't be.
    - More evolutions and babies of Pokémon from older gens.
    - Original Pokémon

The reason there are so many water types is because it reflects the real world, where very many creatures are aquatic. I would like to see more bugs to reflect this balance though.

I wouldn't mind HMs returning, as long as they are actually useful in battle. As long as defog or flash dont return. IMO, those two moves are the biggest mistep in RPG history; besides FF12's battle system.

I also do not want to see another legendary trio which are all the same type. It makes sense for the faeries but never again.

My final thing is to make maps seem more realistic. Make cities more full and bustling with people, make the cities bigger and more building-y, and to add stuff like shops that sell more than just potions and to have more modes of transport. like jets, cars and trains.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

There would be lawsuits up the ass if that happened.

- Maybe Eeveelutions (a normal typed for exemple)

Is there a problem with Eevee?

- More evolutions and babies of Pokémon from older gens.

Oh God, please...no more of those...no, no, no... -shakes head in disapproval-

- New type combinations, I hope every combo will exist, but that probably won't be.

I've been waiting on a Fire/Water or Fire/Ice for years now. Fire/Electric would also be interesting. Also, I wouldn't mind a male counterpart to Lopunny. Male Gardevoir were creepy, so we got Gallade. Male Lopunny are creepy, so we should get something.

Last edited:

Gordonator123

Believe...
    Years
    For the 5th gen they could make a water/dragon ( a water snake or something), a fire/dragon, water/ghost( a ghost of the water), fire/ghost, poison/water( water is polluted sometimes xD) and more dinosaur pokemon we need a triceratops xD.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    A Dark-type Gym Leader in Gen 5?

Four generations of Pokemon have gone by and there has yet to be a Dark-type Gym (though 1st Gen doesn't count since Dark didn't exist back then). True there are Karen and Sidney of the Elite Four but those technically aren't Gym Leaders.

We seriously need a Dark-type Gym in the 5th Gen.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think that would be quite cool, but I think it would probably be quite near the end as, if I remember rightly, dark has very few weaknesses that can exploited early on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was thinking about this the other day, and considering Sydney didn't uphold the power of Dark-types, we need a tough Dark gym leader to gain back any lost glory.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    why would they forget about Dark types for? I think they should of put it in the 2nd generations with the Steel type Pokemon as well. Was there an only Ground type gym leader (I'm not including Brock because he was multi-type)

:t354:TG

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    why would they forget about Dark types for? I think they should of put it in the 2nd generations with the Steel type Pokemon as well. Was there an only Ground type gym leader (I'm not including Brock because he was multi-type)

Brock was Rock, Giovanni was Ground. Every type but Dark has been covered.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I thought of something

What if this, time in the Elite Four, all the trainers including the Champion, have a team that is not focused on one-type?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back