• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Has anyone noticed that in one of the screenshots, no PKMn is following the hero and he's walking?

Could this mean they're taking that Partner Pokemon Feature out?

Shame if it is, it was a great feature to have.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    It would be First person if you looked from the Character's viewpoint. This is not first person.

In other news, Nintendo once again fails at renewing the design. This time they will allow to change the camera angle and... What? Surprise! They maked the battle screen larger!
    [sarcasm]
    AWESOME!
    [/sarcasm]

Anyway, I, like all of you, will play it anyways. I'm just pointing it out that for being "revolutionary" that's quite the same thing than the previous releases.

the games have just been announced they are not going to showvthr best or most of the features on 5 screenshots

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Has anyone noticed that in one of the screenshots, no PKMn is following the hero and he's walking?

maybe or maybe not. They couldve kept that feature and added on to actually have the option of your pokemon following you.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    that's arguable....It may be bcoz they don't want to show new pokemons just now or they want to surprise us....but looking at the response to walking pokemon feature in HG/SS i don't think they will remove it

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

That's the first thing I noticed when I was looking at the screenshots. I'm actually glad that they did that, to be honest. While I think it was a great feature to add, once I was actually playing it in the remakes for Gold and Silver, it lost what it used to be in Yellow. I was excited for it the be implemented again, but strangely disappointed once it finally was. I'm hoping that, unlike what Mujahid pointed out (with the chance that it's still there, they just edited it out so they could uncover the Pokémon later on) it is taken out of the game.

Years
    Excuse me, I'm Pacific time, so I'm a bit late to the party. 3:

Honestly, the overworld looks kind of ugly so far. The city and cave are too dark, I hope we see a colorful, bright, happy go-lucky route soon. The hero and heroine's overworld sprites look disgusting, and the truck is a surprise. The battle screen looks very nice, besides the filthy rodents that are in it. I'm really hoping for a little character customization, because so far, these trainers just look terrible. These kids make Lucas and Dawn look beautiful. :(

The only thing that looks impressive IMO is the battle screen, I want to see moar.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    For those talking about the 3DS and the 3rd one being on it and all to be quite honest I think the 3DS is essentially a rebuild of the DS with a bit more power behind it and a 3D screen, like the DSi had more RAM than the DS & DS lite etc, which is probably why they are releasing it so soon.

Anyway on the screenshots, I wanna see clearer pictures but they do look pretty sweet, not too happy with how the 3D looks, bit pixelated and all but we'll see how they turn out.

Edit

Eat my words, that image was showing how it used to look in HG/SS

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    https://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-zoroark-zorua.jpg

Maybe it's just me being niave, but this scan really makes me think of the possibility of Pokémon being included in cities and rural areas much like they are in the wild.

But like Kirbychu said, I'm disappointed with the characters. They're rather ugly, in my opinion, and they don't look very interesting at all. Though I can tell you something, I'll be playing as the girl considering she's the more interesting of the two.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The battle system now looks as though animated attacks could be possible. Not just a simple move, but the Pokemon moving to the other side and attacking. Though highly unlikely, it could be a possibility.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If you look closely at this picture, you can see shadows. I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but that's just awesome considering it'll probably change throughout the day and time in game.

Mujahid

Years
    we've been discussing these for quite some time now...the pics were leaked 9 hrs ago...but that's a gud point ..i also wonder how it'll change during different times

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well, throughout the day, our shadows in real life change because of the sun's position. I think they'll take use of this and it'll move from being on one side to another and then being gone by the time of nightfall. But this will show that they're taking advantage of the time, and that's impressive in my book.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    If you look closely at this picture, you can see shadows. I don't know if someone pointed this out before, but that's just awesome considering it'll probably change throughout the day and time in game.
    i never noticed thats cool!!

i think they should add advanced weather mechanics in the game which include seasons and weather systems. like you could look at your town map or something and it would show where it is raining where it is sunny and so on that day

thatd be neat

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I noticed this earlier when looking at the screen shots. If they continue the whole transition of Day, Evening, and Night throughout the game like before in the 4th Generation, then I assume the shadow might change position as well. At least, it'll be cool if it does.

As for the battle scene itself, I love it. It's about time the entire sprite was brought to show like this rather than a half-given back sprite. The city scene looks nice in the background too. :) I'm looking forward to this generation, but I still need more to see.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    Hey people!
    Have you seen the new CoroCoro scans?
    Looks really realistic and sure has a nice 3D touch.
    I want to see a video of the gameplay! XD

Mujahid

Years
    and ppl complaining of no status bar..it's bcoz it's a move animation ...a new animation of dark pulse probably

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back