• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I agree. There's no where else to go but up in the direction they're taking graphics. And since each generation introduced an advance in graphics, I think the only thing left to do is to make it more 3D than it is in Generation IV.

I heard that mode of transportation could be cars. And I certainly hope that's not the case.

i don't want cars either- skateboards or Rollerblades or something would be nice imo

Years
    I want a TM named Dash, that allows you to ride your Pokemon outside of battle. I'd love that. In battle it would be a normal-type move, with 60 BP that would have a possibility of raising your speed.. All Pokemon of a certain size and larger would learn it, excluding the fishy Pokemon, Magcargo, etc..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i don't want cars either- skateboards or Rollerblades or something would be nice imo
    I don't think they should introduce any new modes of transportation.

Edit: After reading Kirbychu's reply, I think riding upon a Pokémon of yours would be rather neat!

What I'm worried about is what the majority of America will react to the names of the Generation V games. Racism isn't much of a problem in Japan compared to other parts of the world, and I assume they would have thought of that. I'm sure some ignorant, naive people will consider their game titles racist and people who buy one game prejudice compared to the other. >>

Pokémon Marble and Pokémon Granite would have been more logical choices to avoid these assumptions, but I guess they wanted to go back to colors opposed to stones and metals. I assume they have a reason. Then again, arguably, all of the recent additions to the Pokémon games could be considered colors as well.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I want a TM named Dash, that allows you to ride your Pokemon outside of battle. I'd love that. In battle it would be a normal-type priority move, with 60 BP.

Oh my god yeas that would be AMAZING
    that should be the new mode of transportation! but only certain pokemon like houndoom, arcanine, rapidash (basically big things with four legs) would be able to learn it- i would LOVE that

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I really hope there won't be a Gen 6....Gen 2 was far enough IMO, but then again, pokemon would have died out then....And the wonderful remake would never have been made...
    But I'm actually looking forward to this game. Mostly the graphics. Trying not to get my hopes up on the new pokemon. Zuroka-whatever-you-call-him was a disappointment to me....=(

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I really hope there won't be a Gen 6....Gen 2 was far enough IMO, but then again, pokemon would have died out then....And the wonderful remake would never have been made...
    But I'm actually looking forward to this game. Mostly the graphics. Trying not to get my hopes up on the new pokemon. Zuroka-whatever-you-call-him was a disappointment to me....=(
    seeing as pokemon is more popular then ever they wont stop making new games.

lets say you were making millions from making new types of sharpeners. would you stop just because you made a lot or would you keep on doing it for the money?

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    I think you people are being pessimistic. It's best to hope for the best.
    I also think you can never have enough pokemon, even if they start repeating each other...
    It would make the game, and the fandom, more interesting.
    And maybe it will suck, but i KNOW it will be better than DPPt.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    i think it looks great- would you rather them keep going with the same thing they've done since D/P? that'd be stupid- new gen, new graphics

3D graphics would be fine, IF they had a handheld that could pull them off well, which the DS does not, they should stick to the classic plan of releasing ONE gen per handheld, and wait for the 3DS which might actually be able to handle 3D graphics without it looking like someone took a dump on the screen, and so yes if Gen5 HAS to be on DS I would much rather they used the great graphics they have from HG/SS to make another beautiful looking region like Johto was, rather than these dull, boring, and downright terrible 3D graphics they are using, but to be honest I don't want Gen5 on DS at all, I want it on a handheld that can handle 3D graphics and make them look great.

Years
    Ehh.. personally I'm more interested in what new game mechanics they have cooking up. I mean the screenshots look pretty nice, and I like how you can actually see buildings in the background. Maybe you'll be able to see trees and stuff if you're battling in a forest?

Either way I hope that Gen.5 is the final generation. I really hope they port the handheld concept of gaining badges and traveling with your Pokes in real 3D on the Wii. I mean they have enough Pokemon to work with now. I can totally imagine HG/SS in a 3D world.. *drool*

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Ehh.. personally I'm more interested in what new game mechanics they have cooking up. I mean the screenshots look pretty nice, and I like how you can actually see buildings in the background. Maybe you'll be able to see trees and stuff if you're battling in a forest?

Either way I hope that Gen.5 is the final generation. I really hope they port the handheld concept of gaining badges and traveling with your Pokes in real 3D on the Wii. I mean they have enough Pokemon to work with now. I can totally imagine HG/SS in a 3D world.. *drool*
    like i already said it wont be the final generation. nintendo isnt out for your pleasure. they want your money. they will keep allowing the creation of pokemon unitl you stop buying it.

people have been saying the generation that is coming out should be the last one since the second generation.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Has anyone noticed the curved shape of the street? It strays aways from the straightness of the past Pokemon games which leads me to think that it would be harder to navigate with the standard one-block movement. What if it is stylus controlled walking like in Spirit Tracks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I think it'd be quite nice to have a different set of starters this time around, rather than fire/water/grass.
    Would really like this, I'm not even sure why we needed a "balanced" trio of types as starters every single generation.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I sincerely hope that there isn't eight-directional movement in this generation, it just wouldn't mesh well with the Pokemon gameplay. I do love the battle system, however. :3

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Oh, how I hope there aren't any new types....It's going to destroy the system. Either the new Gen introduces too many of them, or too few. Or they have too many weaknesses, or too few. D=

Steel and Dark were introduced to fix the over powered psychic type. I hope they're not trying to fix something that works perfectly already....=(

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Oh, how I hope there aren't any new types....It's going to destroy the system. Either the new Gen introduces too many of them, or too few. Or they have too many weaknesses, or too few. D=
    i dont see how it could destroy the entire system, just adding one or two new types..

but i doubt they will anyways

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back