• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
    I think we can guess that a strong Dragon Pokemon is going to be released. Let's see...
    R/B/Y - Dragonite
    G/S/C - Tyranitar (not a Dragon, but a strong cool Pokemon :P )
    S/R/E - Salamance
    D/P/Pl - Garchomp

So... A new cool Dragon Pokemon comming out too? (:

Those are pseudo-legends, metagross is one too

Those are pseudo-legends, metagross is one too

Also, luxray is a lion/sphinx with x-ray vision

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see the Psuedo Legendary being maybe Dark typed or maybe the typical Dragon.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I see the Psuedo Legendary being maybe Dark typed or maybe the typical Dragon.

Spoiler:

I wonder what the rival will be like, so far we've had:
    Blue: Self-centered, arrogant, but has an amazing Team.
    Silver: Selfish, Ass, Harsh, but quick to learn from others, great team.
    Wally: Asthmatic, determined, good team.
    Barry: Obnoxious, Clumsy, and orders huge unpayable fines, Monkey Dances, has a good team.

So, from that, we can probs guess what the next rival might be like.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Also, they should bring a Poketopia-like facility into this game.....but without the Roulette wheel used in the Neon colosseum, that ticked me right off.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    More ethnic people like Dahlia would be awesome.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Yeah, it would be. Also, maybe more people of different shapes.

I think they've all been covered.
    we've had small people. (Kids and people with Dwarf syndrome....well....for the GC games that is.)
    We've had Tall people
    Musclebound people
    some tubby people, I don't think their's any other body shapes left to cover.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know! I love Egyptian based things... if there were more Egyptian themes in Pokemon my life would be complete.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    lol i even thought of names for future eevee evolutions:
    dragon type: draceon
    bug: insecteon
    steel: steeleon
    fly: fleon

lol im enjoying this!!!!*breathing heavily*

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Riolu was based on the Egyptian Jackal...

I want a cute Pokemon that is actually really tough. Like Pachirishu, but Uber. (Or something cuter than Pachiru, non Legendary because Shaymin sort or fits my description)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    lol i even thought of names for future eevee evolutions:
    dragon type: draceon
    bug: insecteon
    steel: steeleon
    fly: fleon

lol im enjoying this!!!!*breathing heavily*

Whoa, don't breath too hard or you'll start Hyperventilating....(Bad joke)

Anyways, I'd also like some more Egyptian themed Pokemon, bring on a Ra Pokemon and a Sphinx Pokemon.......without making the head look too human.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Also a Medusa pokemon would compete my life.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    and a Sphinx Pokemon.......without making the head look too human.

Exactly, not only would that be cool, but it could basically be the lion pokemon that we don't really have yet. And for some reason when I think of desert stuff, I think of fire because it's hot, so make it fire type. Since it's a sphinx it might make sense to make it rock/fire, but that makes it too easy for water or ground to take it out. It would be interesting either way.

Also:
    Me said:
    Also, why not have EV's and IV's actually show up? What's the point in making you keep track of them outside of the game?

I realized why this wouldn't work and probably why they didn't do it in the first place. Since this game is directed mostly at kids, it's already bad enough that you got one set numbers for all 6 stats. But if you showed 2 more sets of numbers for each stat, kids would probably get confused and it would push them away from the game. And if most of the kids stopped liking the game, you would only have us fans buying it, and they might just stop making it because they don't get much money. I know this probably wouldn't happen, but now I think it is better that they keep those extra numbers hidden.

This might possibly be an interesting idea. If you are familiar with the Pokemon TCG, you might know that they made some Unknown cards that can attach to your pokemon like an item. Why not make a smaller sub-pokemon that can be grouped to a regular pokemon, changing it's ability or giving it some other effect? And the sub-pokemon can be leveled up too, but it's stats and everything will always be weaker than the regular pokemon. So it would be harder to level them up, but worth it since it would give your regular pokemon a better boost the higher it's level is. This idea could be good, but it might also suck because it would be a big addition to the game that might change things to much.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Tangela is actually partially based on meduso so your life is complete. I want a evolution of branch of evoluton of tangela or a evolution of tangrowth in which it's vines turn into snakes, lol tangela evoving into grass/poison, and it was the only grass pokemon of generation 1 that was not Grass/poison. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tangela_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Origin

I had more of a scary Poison/Psychic type in mind... Tangela does not count because his hair is not actually made of snakes...

Years
    I think they could find alot of inspiration in the greek mythology. ^^ Examples:
    Pegasus
    Minotaur
    Python
    Typhon
    Chimera
    Cyclops
    Cerberus
    Centaur
    Medusa
    Hydra

Status
    Not open for further replies.