• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think alternate gyms are most unlikely

you know in the anime youve got dozens of gyms in a single region& you only need 8badges to compete
    i rather doubt theyll add optional gyms
    we only got 1 in gen1, and that was the fightin dojo, and instead of a badge we got a pokemon lol

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Agreed! What do you guys think the most unlikely thing to happen? Me Think that raising the Level Cap is the most unlikely
    Its most unlikely that the pokewalker will be included in this one. It was exclusive to only HG/SS, just like the wireless adaptor was to FR/LG

I still say brock should be the champion.
    Why Brock specificley? Im just curious

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I think gold should make an appernece kind of like red did in s/g/c/hg/ss

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Its most unlikely that the pokewalker will be included in this one. It was exclusive to only HG/SS, just like the wireless adaptor was to FR/LG

Actually I was reading my Nintendo Power magazine and there was a interview with Morimoto and Ohmori saying that they did have many new ideas for the Pokewalker and that they hope that they can implement them in the future. So we may be seeing the return of the Pokewalker in Black/White

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I think gold should make an appernece kind of like red did in s/g/c/hg/ss
    Oh yes fo sure. I would like to see returning characters in future games. Like how HG/SS had a lot of characters from previous games. I think Leaf (Blue) should be battleble in the near future. She deserves a good battle since Red and Green are both battleble

Actually I was reading my Nintendo Power magazine and there was a interview with Morimoto and Ohmori saying that they did have many new ideas for the Pokewalker and that they hope that they can implement them in the future. So we may be seeing the return of the Pokewalker in Black/White
    Really? I wouldnt mind if it made a return with added features (leveling up more than 1 level each day)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

don't really use my pokewalker. I see it as just sometihng to raise lower leveled pkmn (like nothing above 40 for sure). So if it didn't return then I really wouldn't mind. Unless they seriously upgraded them then maybe I'd reconsider..oh and maybe made them the colors of the version you get.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Hey i did say they were Grass/fire/water in that order when they first came out! so say excluding MRSA, thank you very much.

...that means you thought the one on the right was water...

I said "why does everyone think the one on the right is water"...

and you thought it was water...

Therefore...you are included...very much so...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think these renditions are my favourite so far: https://autumnalone.deviantart.com/art/ohgaw-more-5th-gen-starters-163480158

The Grass and Fire ones look so good.
    And Angelroid can you blame us? It's the only new info we have to claw at!

Yeah just read that on Pokebeach juanhbk1, pretty awesome!!

yeah they're alright..still I don't like the water one. For some reason none of the fan-made starters make the water starter look good. I don't know what it is. Really I think it's just one has not so good looking colors for it, while another makes its facial features look hideous.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Really? I wouldnt mind if it made a return with added features (leveling up more than 1 level each day)

Yeah, that would be nice, I hate the 1 level per day thing. And actually I have the NintendoPower magazine right next to me and their exact words in the interview were:

Morimoto: Yes, we have many ideas. I hope we can implement them in the future.
    Ohmori: When we were developing the Pokewalker, we discussed ideas about how we could connect the Pokemon world and our real world. There are some ideas that weren't realized in this game, but could be found in future games. It is our dream to further connect the Pokemon world and our real world, so we continue to come up with new ideas to help us achieve that goal.

.... And so yes, by the sounds of it, we should be expecting some Pokewalker type thing with Black and White. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I wonder, barely anyone seems to have mentioned the region. Yeah we've talked about what we want in the region, but what I mean is that things such as the gym leaders or pokemon league (though talked about briefly) aren't even being discussed. Do you think there should be an Elite 4 at all? Should we battle super tough trainers like they do in the anime till the champ is reached? Should the elite 4 be expanded or shortened?

I think they should make it a tournament like in the anime, and the other trainers are people you have met earlier in your travels, and maybe each time you enter there are different trainers etc. to give it a bit of replayability and make it less predictable :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    oops deleted my message on accident >_<..but like I was saying..should the elite four be expanded or decreased? should be battle other tough pokemon trainers instead of the usual 4 elites till the champ is reached? what about the gyms? I hope they get tougher..along with the trainers you battle on routes and battles should happen in cities and towns too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ...that means you thought the one on the right was water...

I said "why does everyone think the one on the right is water"...

and you thought it was water...

Therefore...you are included...very much so...
    oh but you said why doesn't anyone do a grass/fire/Water thing... i thought that's what you mean't...lol... sorry about the misunderstanding ok now it's including me!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I wonder if they will make it so when you become the champ other trainers will challenge you for the title or even the other members of the E4

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Yeah, that would be nice, I hate the 1 level per day thing. And actually I have the NintendoPower magazine right next to me and their exact words in the interview were:

Morimoto: Yes, we have many ideas. I hope we can implement them in the future.
    Ohmori: When we were developing the Pokewalker, we discussed ideas about how we could connect the Pokemon world and our real world. There are some ideas that weren't realized in this game, but could be found in future games. It is our dream to further connect the Pokemon world and our real world, so we continue to come up with new ideas to help us achieve that goal.

.... And so yes, by the sounds of it, we should be expecting some Pokewalker type thing with Black and White. :)
    Wow, it looks like theyre working their butts off to actually connect the real world to the pokemon world. That actually sounds cool, how come this isnt in the news? I wonder how far they will go to keep our world and the pokemon world in tact close together. Im excited to find out :D

oops deleted my message on accident >_<..but like I was saying..should the elite four be expanded or decreased? should be battle other tough pokemon trainers instead of the usual 4 elites till the champ is reached? what about the gyms? I hope they get tougher..along with the trainers you battle on routes and battles should happen in cities and towns too.
    I think that you should battle the E4 throughout your journey (like in the anime). That would be fun to do, and then you can fight challenging trainers round by round (like in the silver conference, indigo leauge, etc.) and when you finally get to the top you fight the champ.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I wonder if they will make it so when you become the champ other trainers will challenge you for the title or even the other members of the E4

that would be a good idea, but the question is how would you manage to beat every trainer that came to challenge you? Meaning would you have the time to accept multiple battles? Sure it would be great training for your pokes but some people don't like to just battle in the pkmn league..they like to spread their reach to other places (like contests, battle frontier, trading, etc.)

I'm up for the idea though. It would be even neater if the challenger was say not the computer but someone who owns another black or white version..nothing would be more shameful than losing your title to somebody in Lagos when you live in America.

Wow, it looks like theyre working their butts off to actually connect the real world to the pokemon world. That actually sounds cool, how come this isnt in the news? I wonder how far they will go to keep our world and the pokemon world in tact close together. Im excited to find out :D

I think that you should battle the E4 throughout your journey (like in the anime). That would be fun to do, and then you can fight challenging trainers round by round (like in the silver conference, indigo leauge, etc.) and when you finally get to the top you fight the champ.

good idea, but other than that I'd like it if we could battle trainers on city streets too. Like you can already battle some people indoors, but it seems like in the city or town 3/4 of all people are just useless and only there to fill up space. Replace at least 2/4 of these people and now you have many more trainers to fight outside of routes and gyms.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think they should put the elite four more into the plot of the story like they did with the rival in Dp helping you against the evil team. The elite four should also function like mini rivals as they appear out of no where and ask you to battle against them to test your skills out!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    that would be a good idea, but the question is how would you manage to beat every trainer that came to challenge you? Meaning would you have the time to accept multiple battles? Sure it would be great training for your pokes but some people don't like to just battle in the pkmn league..they like to spread their reach to other places (like contests, battle frontier, trading, etc.)

I'm up for the idea though. It would be even neater if the challenger was say not the computer but someone who owns another black or white version..nothing would be more shameful than losing your title to somebody in Lagos when you live in America.

That would be a terrible idea because most players EV train and then there are those who don't (myself included) and so the first time they lost they would never be the champ without EV training.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back