• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Hoenn was a great region, idk wtf you guys are talking about.

It's obvious kanto is the worst region, and im only talking about region itself. It's routes were blah.
    Hoenn had cool ones, like going under the bicycle road, and then the bicycle road itself. Both were awesome.

on topic: My friend was saying talking about an electric pig pokemon, and now I want one in gen 5 lol. Electric pig would be cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hoenn was a great region, idk wtf you guys are talking about.

It's obvious kanto is the worst region, and im only talking about region itself. It's routes were blah.
    Hoenn had cool ones, like going under the bicycle road, and then the bicycle road itself. Both were awesome.

on topic: My friend was saying talking about an electric pig pokemon, and now I want one in gen 5 lol. Electric pig would be cool.
    Wow, i never thought i would agree with you the person with the badddddd signature but i do , Hoenn was great like you said it was... and kanto to me is the least favorite of mine... it's missing something...
    Lol, electric pig... that sounds cool... but first i think we should get a Fire/electric type pokemon that is based on the concept of electrical fires!

Years
    An interesting thing I have been thinking about the thing with what appears to have a Spoink like tail is it is facing the wrong way. As far back as I can remember the reveal pictures are always facing the left. Both of the other two are facing left so why would the top one be facing right. Although it does seem to be a tial on the left side I am confused about the direction it is facing.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    I dont think Geodude floats, I think it sits and fist walks around... but I see the point. The primary difference between Pokemon and Digimon is that Pokemon live in a specific environment and have to be able to interact as a regular species would. Digimon doesnt have that problem really. The Pokemon "Biome" is in essense where all the ideas for Pokemon have to come from, the Earths various ecosystems, mountains, forests, oceans, plains, etc.
    true dat. digimon liv in computers. and geodude floats. in the manga brock is going through the mountains with three geodudes holding hands spinning around him.
    on topic...
    An interesting thing I have been thinking about the thing with what appears to have a Spoink like tail is it is facing the wrong way. As far back as I can remember the reveal pictures are always facing the left. Both of the other two are facing left so why would the top one be facing right. Although it does seem to be a tial on the left side I am confused about the direction it is facing.
    oh! i got an idea! mayb it's facing left and the supposed nostrill is actually a cheek bone! though it does look like the head is too far out of the body for that, there is still the possibility.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I see noone's posted this:
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Another pure WIN by Shiny Scyther on PokeBeach. I like how they look cool but cute as well, like actual Starters. Also, the Grass looks like it could evolve to a Peacock :D *off to school, English test D:*

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years

Another pure WIN by Shiny Scyther on PokeBeach. I like how they look cool but cute as well, like actual Starters. Also, the Grass looks like it could evolve to a Peacock :D *off to school, English test D:*
    those are rly cool. especially the grass one. he looks pretty badass. if they turn out to be something like that, i'll be very happy. XD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I thought the region as a whole was fantastic. Actually, I think Gen III was Pokemon's creative peak.
    Agreed. Espically with the cities.

I see that theres no new on the starters. Bleh that figures. Nintendo is great at suspension. I hope we get some creative cities in gen. 5.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Some things I'd like to see in the new starts:

No. Bulky. Water.

Blastoise, Feraligator, Swampert, Empoleon. None of them had a decent speed stat and instead relied on defence a lot more. I want a quick, agile, streamline Water Starter like aquatic animals should be <<.

Instead I would like a bulky fire pokémon, since it has had Charizard, Blaziken and Infernape which have all been very quick but can only take a few hits before they fall.

Lastly I want an innovative typing for the grass starter, Grass/Psychic please.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Some things I'd like to see in the new starts:

No. Bulky. Water.

Blastoise, Feraligator, Swampert, Empoleon. None of them had a decent speed stat and instead relied on defence a lot more. I want a quick, agile, streamline Water Starter like aquatic animals should be <<.

Instead I would like a bulky fire pokémon, since it has had Charizard, Blaziken and Infernape which have all been very quick but can only take a few hits before they fall.

Lastly I want an innovative typing for the grass starter, Grass/Psychic please.

Well I'm guessing Scarfswan is an agile Water...
    Guessing the Spiraldonkay is a bulky Grass...
    Guessing Bipedaltiger will be the innovative typing...

either that or Scarfswan is agile Water, Spiraldonkay is innovative and bulky, and Bipedaltiger is a Fire/Flock to because its so badass...

BTW...

Kanto: Started it all...Without this nothing would be
    Johto: Best Region (Of Game and of Japan)
    Hoenn: Best Creative Pokemon (I <3 Absol)
    Sinnoh: Best Leveling (You were at the right level most of the time, no grind)

Last edited:

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years

Those look really good, Maybe the starters will look something like that.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

switch the grass& fire & ill be twice as happy :3
    but still if thats the grass its mine, called it :P

I wanna see more Eeveelutions, of course. Any type will be just fine. And cool starter pokemons.

eeveelutions FTW!!!!!!!
    we need a:
    Dragon
    Ground
    Flying
    Ghost
    &/or Steel Eeveelution

i just hope the left one isnt some ugly thing we all hate -_-"

Years
    switch the grass& fire & ill be twice as happy :3
    but still if thats the grass its mine, called it :P

eeveelutions FTW!!!!!!!
    we need a:
    Dragon
    Ground
    Flying
    Ghost
    &/or Steel Eeveelution

i just hope the left one isnt some ugly thing we all hate -_-"
    You mean the one that is the grass one in the pic and also what you think is the fire starter but i think is a grass bird... that one... for some reason i think we got the head all wrong the head or to what to me looks like a beak is the part that looks like a scarf, with a bushy piece of hair on top like what's seen on many birds... could be either grass or fire if it is from that perspective.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You mean the one that is the grass one in the pic and also what you think is the fire starter but i think is a grass bird... that one... for some reason i think we got the head all wrong the head is the part that looks like a scarf with a bushy piece of hair... could be either grass or fire if it is from that perspective.

why you think i said "wat if we are over thinkin this, what if it isnt its head, wat if its a crest around the head???"

im goin wacko leak the damn beginners already!!!!!!!!! :nervous:

Years
    why you think i said "wat if we are over thinkin this, what if it isnt its head, wat if its a crest around the head???"

im goin wacko leak the damn beginners already!!!!!!!!! :nervous:
    yeah, i believe it's creast too, i'm also going crazy with this hope they reveal it once i come back on, well good bye got to go to school.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    yeah, i believe it's creast too, i'm also going crazy with this hope they reveal it once i come back on, well good bye got to go to school.

i hated school, but now that im out,& dont have a job i miss it it gave me a reason to stay awake *yawns*

well have fun, good luck ^_^

*crosses fingers that its a raptor fire,raptor water, or raptor grass*
    i dont care wat type it is anymore, just let it be a velociraptor!!!!
    we need more dinos so i can create the ultimate dino team :3

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Then again, if it's a crest or leaf or whatever on the left Pokémon's head, it would mean its actual head is awfully small.

not nessacarily the head could be normal, to rather big dependin on the position you see it, its a matter of perspective^_^

Say, when do people who've subscribed to CoroCoro usually get it?

middle of the month, usually around the 13th-15th dependin on the mail, it could come as earrrly as the 10th, or as late as the 18th i think

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back