• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Generation Five Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    My opinion of starters:

1gen: pwnsome :) Squirtle was my fav of this gen, then Charmander. Bulbasaur is cool too, but not as cool as a Squirtle.
    2gen: Totodile :D Cyndaquill :) Chikorita :|
    3gen: Treecko: err... Torchick: Nah, dont like it. Mudkip: dont really like this one either but still my fav.
    4gen: Turtwig is my fav. Piplup is pure ugly, and Chimchar... Neh, not really.
    5gen: like them all... They cant make us choose, can they? I guess I will wait untill I see 2nd types before I choos.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Thankyou for making me read 8 pages of the same thing lol.

Well I found out early this morning (around 5 am in my time zone) and I was pretty impressed with the starters, and really impressed with the trainer art. -sigh- You guys really shouldnt judge a book by its cover. Saying that the grass starter is like another treeko, it like saying Moltres is another Charizard (bad example but you know what Im getting at, right?) And stop calling the blue panda/polar bear/otter/bear/seashell stupid. You dont even know what the blue PPBOBSS can do yet! It could be some badass ice/water type thats not bulky and has really good speed! (I hope so lol) The fire starter made me smile before I left for school. I wasnt expecting it to look that cute :3.

Heres the typing that im thinking about for the starters:
    Tsutaja: grass, fully evolved: grass/fighting, grass/dark, grass/dragon, or grass/poision
    Pokabu (love its jp name): fire, fully evolved: fire/dark, fire/psychic, fire/normal, or fire/ground
    Mijumaru: water, fully evolved: water/ice, water/normal, water/fighting, or water/psychic

Im really diggin' the new trainers. Thank god they're not 10-12 years old. It will make more sense sending your kids off on a journey now lol. I think this is like the best "pokemon female protagonist" look yet. The male protagonist look is pretty beast. Its a step up from Lucas's design. But Im still scetchy about their overworlds. Oh and guess what? We have over 500 pokemon now. Yayyy, now its going to be even harder to complete the pokedex xD.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Let me just say about the topic of a dark-skinned person, the region is supposed to be far away from the others, so I guess that makes sense. With this plus the older protagonists I'm really excited to see how else they'll revolutionize the series.

Also, looking back at the starters , I guess the grass reptile does look good. I mean I don't like its smug face, and it looks like a Cyndaquil+Treecko mix, but it's still more appealing than most other Grass starters. (Though why is it a grass snake? It has arms and legs...) The sea otter I still don't like. I mean it looks like something they threw together in 10 seconds and then obscurely colored in. BTW that comic from earlier made me lol, and it makes the Grass reptile look much cooler :D I don't know if I just don't like any water starters (except the awesome Totodile) or if they're just not good at designing them.

Also I take back what I said about the main characters. They actually look much better than past ones. Still I wish whoever designed them didn't have a main character cap fetish.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    My opinion of starters:

1gen: pwnsome :) Squirtle was my fav of this gen, Charmander is extremely overrated and is horrible. Bulbasaur is cool too, but not as cool as a Squirtle.
    2gen: Totodile :D Cyndaquill :) Chikorita :(
    3gen: Treecko: the best starter ever. Torchick: It's ok, but doesn't come nearly as close as Treeko. Mudkip: dont really like this one either and it's overrated and sucks.
    4gen: Turtwig is my fav. Piplup is pure ugly, and Chimchar... Neh, not really.
    5gen: The one on the left is awesome!
    Fixed. :)

Anyway, Of the Generation 5 Pokemon, i like the one on the left the best (the Grass satrter). Next comes the one in the middle(the fire starter). And for some reason, i hate how the one on the right looks(the water starter)...:(

Last edited:

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Did anyone else notice the grass starter looks a lot like a green cyndaquil with Treecko-like eyes?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Did anyone else notice the grass starter looks a lot like a green cyndaquil with Treecko-like eyes?

and you guys wonder why i love it :P

cyndaquil is a beast, & now we got a grass version XD :4:

Years
    Loving the new starters, definitely want the Grass starter, finally one I actually really like the look of.

Those screenshots we have, aren't they a bit less 3D than the city shots we've seen, does that mean it changes perspective?

Also, with it being far away, just for the sake of a joke (and the sake of "I called it" if it did happen, which it 99.999999..99% won't), will we get Hoenn with it? Two birds one stone
    The Generation Five Speculation Thread

I hope this has a bit more water in, but not too much. Also hope snow returns and the shot with the railway track looks like it's in an abandoned town.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Thankyou for making me read 8 pages of the same thing lol.

Well I found out early this morning (around 5 am in my time zone) and I was pretty impressed with the starters, and really impressed with the trainer art. -sigh- You guys really shouldnt judge a book by its cover. Saying that the grass starter is like another treeko, it like saying Moltres is another Charizard (bad example but you know what Im getting at, right?) And stop calling the blue panda/polar bear/otter/bear/seashell stupid. You dont even know what the blue PPBOBSS can do yet! It could be some badass ice/water type thats not bulky and has really good speed! (I hope so lol) The fire starter made me smile before I left for school. I wasnt expecting it to look that cute :3.

Tsutaja: grass, fully evolved: grass/fighting, grass/dark, grass/dragon, or grass/poision
    Pokabu (love its jp name): fire, fully evolved: fire/dark, fire/psychic, fire/normal, or fire/ground
    Mijumaru: water, fully evolved: water/ice, water/normal, water/fighting, or water/psychic

Im really diggin' the new trainers. Thank god they're not 10-12 years old. It will make more sense sending your kids off on a journey now lol. I think this is like the best "pokemon female protagonist" look yet. The male protagonist look is pretty beast. Its a step up from Lucas's design. But Im still scetchy about their overworlds. Oh and guess what? We have over 500 pokemon now. Yayyy, now its going to be even harder to complete the pokedex xD.

I agree witht eh grass/dark, grass/poison, and grass/dark. Grass/fighting doesn't sound ideal for a grass snake (though I might be wrong).

Pokabu (yeah love its name) will more than likely be fire/ground or fire/psychic imo though fire/dark (a dark pig with firing blazing from it..lol) would be awesome. I can picture it being fire/psychic and maybe that ball on its tail has something to do with that. I think its finally evo will be a pyrokenesis.

Mujimaru (love its name more ^^) could be water/fighting and I'm sort of open to it being water/normal (that would give it a huge advantage over the other starters though). Water/psychic could work but I think the pscyhic starter will be Pokabu.

So when do you think they will release their evos? More than likely they'll only give us their evos, a full view of Isshu region, and maybe a few more pokemon before the game is released this fall.

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Oh dear Gods, I just realized.
    I'll have another hundred or so pokemon names to memorize when this game comes out.
    I already have 495.
    Damnit, Gamefreak!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Loving the new starters, definitely want the Grass starter, finally one I actually really like the look of.

Those screenshots we have, aren't they a bit less 3D than the city shots we've seen, does that mean it changes perspective?

Also, with it being far away, just for the sake of a joke (and the sake of "I called it" if it did happen, which it 99.999999..99% won't), will we get Hoenn with it? Two birds one stone

I hope this has a bit more water in, but not too much. Also hope snow returns and the shot with the railway track looks like it's in an abandoned town.

well yeah the view with 3D more than likely changes as we walk around, so in some places it may appear 2D-ish. I think we will be able to go to Hoenn or at least from Hoenn go to Isshu in the gen 3 remake..maybe that is why they chose that location since it's close to Hoenn?

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Loving the new starters, definitely want the Grass starter, finally one I actually really like the look of.AGREED

Those screenshots we have, aren't they a bit less 3D than the city shots we've seen, does that mean it changes perspective? Yeah What Is this and Puzzle RPG

I hope this has a bit more water in,Not So Much I Say Fire! but not too much. Also hope snow returns and the shot with the railway track looks like it's in an abandoned town.
    Comments in BOLD

I Want All The Pokéspe Characters To Make A Cameo!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Oh dear Gods, I just realized.
    I'll have another hundred or so pokemon names to memorize when this game comes out.
    I already have 495.
    Damnit, Gamefreak!

It won't be too bad. You'd be surprised at how easy it is to memorize something that you're constantly exposed too. Besides, feel bad for me I'm studying French & Korean and I have to memorize every move, type, region, city, town, and pokemon ever created in both of these languages :D

The fire pig and the grass snake are awesome

what you don't like Mujimaru?:\

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    this is horribly random but from the original series of 251 pokemon

we have that many pages in this thread lmao XD :4:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    this is horribly random but from the original series of 251 pokemon

we have that many pages in this thread lmao XD :4:

and most were about the same things just re-worded. Wonder how many more pages we'll have by the time the games come out in Japan.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    and most were about the same things just re-worded. Wonder how many more pages we'll have by the time the games come out in Japan.

if its 493-495 i will die laughin XD
    if its the exact number of pokemon added onto the pokedex from Isshu region, ill collapse laughin so hard il die on the operatin table XD

hey does anyone hav a theory bout why the snakey gots legs& arms?

i think its cuz its more evolved than real life snakes, and therefor its evolved to have them :3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Crossed out the ones I don't think it will be.

I don't think any will be part fighting after it being used in two consecutive generations.

I don't think any will be normal/other because (other than flying) there are only 2 examples of this, none of them look particularly 'normal' either.

Crossed out Fire/Psychic for Pokabu too, because a Psychic Pig is just a Spoink/Grumpig clone with a few flames added.

I'm hoping for:

Grass/Psychic
    Fire/Steel or Fire/Rock
    Water/Ice

if its the exact number of pokemon added onto the pokedex from Isshu region, ill collapse laughin so hard il die on the operatin table XD

i think its cuz its more evolved than real life snakes, and therefor its evolved to have them :3

Actually snakes lost their legs in Evolution, so it's likely this one will lose it's as it evolves too.

Last edited:

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Fan Art Evolution Speculation Abounds - The Water Starter still makes me lawl - Fire needs tusks and Grass needs to lose the limbs and go full out snake style, or atleast the hind legs.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022

well we hit 200 pages saturday, and I'm sure we'll be over 300 by next week.

if the grass starter didn't have legs then it would be as fast as an anaconda, but all the starters have legs so I think that is why they gave it to Tsutajaa (or whatever it's name is)..I want to know what its final evo looks like.For some reason I just keep thinking arbok.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back