• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammy Awards 2010

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sorry but Lady GaGa is not overrated, maybe extremely mainstream but she is as talked about and popular as she is for a reason. She is borderlining musical genius right now if you ask me. Now, artists like Ke$ha, though I like her, are overrated. Lady GaGa is one of the most talented musical acts this decade along with Beyonce, but I guess when you do pop music, those who do not follow the artist dont really know how deep the talent goes.

GaGa deserves every nomination as does Beyonce

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm seriously embarrassed for people who think that Gaga is a genius. It doesn't take a genius to create easy, predictable, redundant beats and mindless/egotistical lyrics. Please. And her trying to say that her music is inspired by Bowie is not only insulting, but I can't seem to pinpoint where exactly her boring and repetitive music reflects that.

On topic, haven't payed attention to the Grammys, all I know is that Patton Oswalt has been nominated for his stand-up album (I don't even like stand-up comedy) so cheers to him.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't think Lady GaGa is nominated for any Grammy's for producing :/ If you dont like the beats, don't blame her.

Years
  • I'm seriously embarrassed for people who think that Gaga is a genius. It doesn't take a genius to create easy, predictable, redundant beats and mindless/egotistical lyrics. Please. And her trying to say that her music is inspired by Bowie is not only insulting, but I can't seem to pinpoint where exactly her boring and repetitive music reflects that.

This was everything I wanted to say and more. <3

Oh, and you can hardly argue that Gaga had no input into the music behind her mindless lyrics. Do you think she just sang on tracks she didn't like? She may be 'intelligent' enough to come up with the lyrical gem that is "I want to take a ride on your discostick", but she can't be that stupid. No one can.

Years
  • I don't think Lady GaGa is nominated for any Grammy's for producing :/ If you dont like the beats, don't blame her.

She's the one who gets credit for the song - unless it's the way that she wanted it, then that means part of it is the work of somebody else (which makes her not a "genius" and whoever produced it the genius), so yes I will blame her.

Mind you, I don't really mind Lady Gaga. I'm definitely not a fan, and I'll say I've heard her about ten times in my life when listening to a friend's iPod or at a party or whatever, but I don't hate her music by any stretch of the imagination. Can't stand her image though, the way she dresses so over the top just makes me want to hate her.

I don't take the Grammy's seriously, but I'm sure she'll win whatever electronic category she's in because she's popular. Not to say I listen to much electro in the first place aside from like Crystal Castles and stuff, but there's possibly more deserving artists that are getting passed over because of her fame.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yay, Ke$ha will be presenting! And Beyonce will be performing. Im totally gonna think about the Grammy's everyday from this point til then.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    She ain't performing. She is only presenting an award. Would be nice if one of the lame performances like, Green Day, were to drop out and Ke$ha was to replace them (Lol)

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    She ain't performing. She is only presenting an award. Would be nice if one of the lame performances like, Green Day, were to drop out and Ke$ha was to replace them (Lol)

When you're about to say something of the sort, don't forget to add an 'IMO' somewhere in there.
    The 'lame' performance you speak of gets induced into the rock and roll hall of fame in 2014. Respect, or gtfo.
    I think that Green Day's live performances are full of punk vitality~
    They know how to get things going, during every convert they think of some new activity which involves enrolling the audience.
    They've even started a whole band by choosing people from the audience to come up and play.

Take care from now on....

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

When you're about to say something of the sort, don't forget to add an 'IMO' somewhere in there.
    The 'lame' performance you speak of gets induced into the rock and roll hall of fame in 2014. Respect, or gtfo.
    I think that Green Day's live performances are full of punk vitality~
    They know how to get things going, during every convert they think of some new activity which involves enrolling the audience.
    They've even started a whole band by choosing people from the audience to come up and play.

Take care from now on....

:/ Didn't mean to offend but I personally like Green Day. It's just that some people record better than they perform. They performed on the VMA's and it lacked energy and was quite boring and noisy.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I am looking forward to this for the shear fact of Lady Gaga performing. I can't wait to see what she pulls this time. The VMAs were amazing. And we only know that she'll top it this time. I'm sure she'll and Beyonce will pull at least one each. And I'm sure Taylor Swift will to. She's a cross genre singer. It helps her out.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh my Jesus... Taylor Swift is annoying. Where is Kanye when you need him?
    P!nk had the best peformance
    Despite having the extra star power of Elton John, Lady GaGa and Beyonce we=here tied for second best performance and
    BEP takes third. Fergie looked super cute doing the dance moves.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Watched the entire show last night. A lot of the performances were great, including Pink!, Black Eyed Peas, Lady GaGa with Elton John, and the triple performance with Drake, Lil Wayne, and Eminem I believe it was. As for the big award for the night, Album of the Year being awarded to Taylor Swift, I have to say it was rightfully deserved. She had a stunning year for 2009 and like many it was just her biggest year thus far.

I can't say I wasn't in root for Beyoncé and Lady GaGa, because I was. All three female artists had caught my attention that night, but Taylor Swift came out on top. Either way, each of them deserved it for their great music last year. This year of course holds back no exception as there are more Grammies to comes.

Getting a set of eight free 3D glasses free from Target a couple weeks ago, I was able to see the Tribute to Micheal Jackson performance which was great I must say. The only downside to it was that the only shown feature of Micheal Jackson was his picture in the background, nothing more was shown of him such as his past performances or anything of the like. Overall though, the whole show went over pretty well, well deserved awards (in most cases), stunning performances, and more.

Back