• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament OOC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    OMG.
    Just sign up dude. xD
    There's TWO people in it. Lots have signed up, Ev and I have been accepted.

EDIT: My fanfiction's up. :x You all should go read it and tell me how amazing it is critique it.

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Woop, fan-fiction r up...

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    O_o

If you're going to post make it a worth while one XD I love you tooo *glomps*

By the way, can anybody picture "Logan" EET IS NOT HIE NAME YET meeting Kat?

Bug Catcher: "You like have bewbz, heheh"
    "Kat used Double Slap!! It hit Five times!"

Trainer Kat

Years
    I'm not going to post until Oni does lol.
    Since, y'know, Kat's kind of helping him and all.

*glares at Oni*

ROFL I thought the exact same thing. XDDDD Especially since Kat wears nothing very very little.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I can't post until Ev does. He doesn't have to battle Bug-dude if he doesn't want to :/

Poor Roisin, she hates her red Metapod. And I predict Phanima for the next post, if not then Ev.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OMG.
    Just sign up dude. xD
    There's TWO people in it. Lots have signed up, Ev and I have been accepted.

EDIT: My fanfiction's up. :x You all should go read it and tell me how amazing it is critique it.

You made a fan fic and didn't PM to tell me?

That hurt, Kat.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Poor Roisin, she hates her red Metapod. And I predict Phanima for the next post, if not then Ev.

Stupid Roisin, a red Metapod is probably one of the sexiest things in fictional existence. >D

And I should really read the OOC before posting... This means Jim's prediction was right!?

ONI!
    x3
    But Kozue DOES need to get to the center!

He's there, he's there! X3 Took him long enough... Honestly though, I was hoping for him to show up after the gym battle, BUT now he can provide cheerleading powah!

Oh, and have we covered how we're tallying the badges for this? Or did I miss it completely?

Trainer Kat

Years
    xD; I would have, Oni, baby, but my PM box is full and I can't be arsed to clean it. Read it and tell me what you think, though!
    And post, gosh darn you! <3

Badges. Right.
    Each trainer needs to have 8 badges to enter the Grand Tournament. Collectively, as a group, we need all 32 badges. We then enter the Grand Tournament as a group, and battles are done by points. This means that, even if you lose one battle, you may still get points for your team, depending on how you perform. Each trainer partakes in three battles--one 2 v. 2, one 4 v. 4, and one 6 v. 6. Whichever team has the most points by the end wins. And, unless you guys decide to split off from the group, we'll all be on the same team.

GYM BATTLES!
    The first battle against Brock will be a 2 v. 2 double battle. Brock will use two Pokémon, and each trainer will use one.
    EXAMPLE.
    Kat and Noah v. Brock!
    Brock sends out Onix and Omanyte. Noah sends out Chimchar. Kat sends out Shinx.
    Shinx faints. Kat may NOT use Gastly or Charmander, and Noah must finish the battle on his own.

xD; Hope that makes sense. For Misty, it'll probably be a 4 v. 4.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Oooooh kay...

Well, good news is, I get how the everything besides the badges work. ^^; But I have a few questions I'd like to ask, if you don't mind.

So each of us needs 8 badges to enter the GT. But as a group we need 32. There's 7 of us in the group currently (Kat, Fenra, Roisin, Noah, Yaz, Autumn and Kozue), which makes it 56 badges altogether if we each got 8 individually...WAY more than enough. But if we divide the group requirement (ie. 32) by the 7 of us, it comes to about 4 badges each, which equals to 28. So as a group, after each person has gotten 4 badges, we still need another 4 badges to enter the GT, as a group.

Simply put (lol), are we going to enter the GT as a group or individually? And assuming we are entering through group requirements, do multiple badges count to the total? Seeing as how Kat and Noah will
    Spoiler:
    Brock, do they each get a Boulder Badge or does the group just get 1 for every gym we go to?

Heh, I think too much...that or I'm just idiot. ^^;

My assumption is that; the group goes to all 32 gyms across Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh and get 1 badge FOR the group each time they beat the gym.

Trainer Kat

Years
    Simply put (lol), are we going to enter the GT as a group or individually?

As a group.

And assuming we are entering through group requirements, do multiple badges count to the total?

Noo. We need 8 from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. All 8 gym leaders from each region need to be defeated.

do they each get a Boulder Badge or does the group just get 1 for every gym we go to?

They each get a Boulder Badge, but only ONE Boulder Badge counts towards the total. Think of it this way--Kat could defeat all eight gym leaders in Kanto, and then get to sit back and be a cheerleader for the rest of the time. However, if we got to the end, and Kat only had earned 7 badges, she would not be able to enter the tournament.

So, there will be duplicate badges, because each person needs 8.

I'm open to suggestions on this. Jim and I tried to work out the kinks, and this is what we came up with. Since an RP is a collaborative effort, (and I love each and every one of you), suggest anything!

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Now that makes sense. Man I'm old...

Anyway, so each person needs 8 badges from across all 4 regions, but in the end we're entering the GT as a group, right?

And pssh to suggestions, everyone knows you are the all mighty decision making and smoting GM of this RP. *runs

:P

EDIT: Ah bugger, dentist appointment. I shall return to pick your brains further. :3 Your's too Jim. >D

Trainer Kat

Years
    Yep! Each person only needs 8, because it would take too long otherwise. x.x

*hugs Phanima* But you adopted me and are therefore my master. :3 So you're...the GMM! >D

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I'm open to suggestions on this. Jim and I tried to work out the kinks, and this is what we came up with. Since an RP is a collaborative effort, (and I love each and every one of you), suggest anything!

Excuse me, we did this WHEN?!

Yep! Each person only needs 8, because it would take too long otherwise. x.x

*hugs Phanima* But you adopted me and are therefore my master. :3 So you're...the GMM! >D

But, I own you, what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own, and what is this 'adopshunz' of which you speak?

PHANIMA! I WAS RIGHT! You posted THEN Ev. I am jeneous. Okay, *goes to read posts*

Trainer Kat

Years
    We worked it out on AIM a few weeks ago. REMEMBER?!

I EXPECT EVERY AIM CONVERSATION YOU HAVE WITH ME TO STICK IN YOUR BRAIN!!!

And Phanima adopted me through the member adoptions thread! ^_^

Hay, Jim, get on aim. D:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Members adoption thread? Why am I only learning of this NOW?!

We NEVAR sorted this out o.-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back