• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grand Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
Years
  • OOC: Personally, I am immensely amused by the majority of the posts. xD

IC: Kat's expression went blank as Fen began to ramble. "Hm... I don't know his name...Mankey boy... will prove adequate for now." He said thinking to himself some more. "You just earned yourself a new traveling partner, Mankey boy. I'll study you until the ends of the earth if thats what it takes to find out what makes you tic. This is awesome. Siegfriend, i'll make you proud!" Fen exclaimed in a new found excitement.

"Wait a minute." Kat interjected, standing up. "You're being absolutely absurd! Granted, Noah here may not be the most..." She glanced down at the boy next to her before her attention was drawn back to Fen. "...civilized human, but I'm sure he isn't a Mankey!" She sighed. It was probably hopeless. From what she could ascertain, Mr. professor-in-training was far too headstrong to listen to the words of a girl who was presumably less educated than he. Before she could sit down, she heard a loud yell.

"AHHHHHHHH HIYA!"

The noise made her jump and let out a small yelp. Not only had the perpetrator screamed, he had also run his head through the wall.

"My name is Patrick Pitter." He paused, scanning the faces of the people in the room. "And that's all I wanted to say."

Kat blinked, a bewildered look on her face. She couldn't believe it. He had really slammed his skull against the wall--a stunt that Kat thought was too crazy to believe. "I really can't believe it.." she moaned. "Everyone here is a total weirdo...Totally crazy..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    ooc: Rofl thanks, i'm actually laughing as i write them.

IC: Fen's attention was averted from Mankey boy to the newest entry into the room. Somehow the boy had escaped Fen's gaze when he entered. The boy seemed aggravated but suddenly released all of his frustration into a head butt straight into the wall.

Fen's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe what he had just saw. He looked at Mankey Boy, then back to the new boy. The new boy introduced himself...Patrick Pitter. Fen couldn't believe what he was seeing, his mouth was almost salivating by this point.

"What... What is he? Another pokemon hybrid? His head is as hard as a rock! Yet.. after making such a performance, he introduced himself as a typical human being. Astounding. Such a powerful head with a quiet personality... I've definitely seen this behaviour before as well... Donald Horus' book series on the habits and understandings of Cranidos and Rampardos..." Fen thought aloud once again. Then his jaw dropped even more and he quickly pulled out his weapon of choice. His notepad.

"Amazing! Another human hybrid! An odd mixture... a Cranidos and Rampardos! They don't even exist anymore! Yet here i am, a lowly student. In front of two of the world's only human/pokemon hybrids. This is nobel prize worthy." Fen said aloud. He stood with sparkles in his eyes and a dreamy stare as he hugged his notebook and pen. He quickly snapped out and began to scribble furiously once again, but was cut short by Mankey Boy speaking to him. He couldn't pass up a chance to study more of Mankey Boy either, so he tuned in.

"Tell me, have you ever had an actual Pokemon battle, or have you just read the books? Because, calling me Mankey Boy, which, unfortunately for you, has affected me emotionally, and I'm taking it as an insult. You may be a child prodigy, you're certainly making yourself out to be one, but, lets see if brains can help you beat me in a Pokemon battle. They can't, because you've never battled with a Pokemon before, you may well have used your parents' Pokemonfor practice, but I'll ignore that option. So, as soon as we get our starters, do you want a battle, so I can prove that I was raised by humans, that were once asked to be the owners of a Pokemon Gym in Goldenrod City, or will you come up with some logical excuse as to why we shouldn't battle, in order to not be seen losing to someone that was apparently raised by a Mankey?" Mankey boy said to him, arrogantly.

Fen was not surprised at Mankey Boy's challenge. He nodded to himself, confirming an internal theory he had, then placed his notepad back in his pocket, though he would undoubtedly need it soon once more.

"A battle with Mankey Boy... this could be quite the learning experience. A chance to see the specimen's aggressive behaviour first hand. And also.. his parents were once asked to be the leaders of Goldenrod gym...intriguing. A chance to fight someone with undoubtedly great strength if the talents were passed to him...As is this a chance to test my own abilities and diagnose the weak areas of my battle strategy." Fen said as he pondered entirely TOO long about the battle challenge. "Okay Mankey Boy! Your challenge is accepted. We'll battle after receiving our pokemon. But if you'll excuse me, I must examine this other specimen... A hybrid with an extinct pokemon... a Cranidos none the less... astounding..." Fen said as he trailed off, walking towards Patrick to inspect him.

While walking across the room he pulled his notepad out again... clicking his pen open...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC:

@ Kat, well, you have a fairly normal RP plot here, one that is too hard to come by these days.

@EvKay: You're a comedian.

Also, I think we should all write in different font colours, it's, like, a system.

IC:

Patrick Pitter, what a terrible name. Noah thought to himself. No wonder he's so demented, although, smashing into the wall was a bit over the top... I won't question, yet.

Noah turned to Fen, "I also have one last request, can I call you Mr. Mime? It's just that call you do is copy words from a text book and say them, making you think you're all great. I'll have you know I write about mental health for the newspaper, The Daily Bugle, under the pen name Ment Ali D. Nile. In case you haven't figured that out, it's a pun on mentally denial, which, grammatically, doesn't mean anything, but I find it quite amusing. Our battle sall be very amusing too, because, trust me, books can't help you win a Pokemon battle."

Noah surveyed his surroundings, what Pokemon will I get, I wonder.

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
  • Not Another Reporter...

-OOC-

Mhm. Loving your character very much, Evkay.

-IC-

Patrick continued to massage the soreness stretched across his brow when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Sneaking a cunning peek over his shoulder, he spotted that same kid who had been ranting on and on earlier walking his way, mumbling something about a Cranidos. Small waves of panic began to ripple along his nerves. He couldn't let anyone see him in pain! No, that would be incredibly unmanly and unbearable for him to live through. With that in consideration, he toughened up immediately, draping a convincing façade of sturdiness over his person. He whipped around and made steady eye contact with the kid.

Nothing was said for a few moments. Patrick quirked an eyebrow as he noticed the kid was in possession of a notepad and a pen, clicking it as if he were preparing to take something down. Patrick assessed the situation rather hastily.

"Argh, don't tell me you're another reporter! Are you guys even allowed in here? You guys already asked me why I was late, remember!? Just outside, a second ago. I thought I'd told you what happened. I only entered Pallet Town today and I got lost three times. But then, I made a startling discovery," he explained, chuckling to himself. "Heh, did you know that if you actually follow all the road signs, it becomes a lot easier to find this place?" He winked, having just shared the secret that had assisted him greatly in discovering the location of the lab.

But something wasn't adding up, something in the behaviour of the boy. He couldn't be a reporter, not with that laidback nature of his, no way. Not to mention all the reporters Patrick had ever come across asked at least fifty questions at a go before taking a breath. He was forced to revert to his original assessment of the boy, that he was just another kid looking to be hooked up with a pokémon like the rest of them. Just then, another to-be trainer coined the nickname "Mr. Mime" for the kid standing in front of him. Seeing as Patrick didn't know the boy's name, he figured he'd borrow the nickname for the time being as well.

"Ah, well, Mr. Mime. If you're not a reporter, then what can I help you with? Oh yes, you mentioned something about a Cranidos. Ay, I'm afraid I know very little about them. I wouldn't be of much help." Besides, from what he recalled earlier, the boy apparently displayed quite a bit of intelligence, just enough for Patrick to not want to deal with him at the moment. His brain was already hurting as it was, he didn't want to aggravate it further by actually thinking. He shrugged his head towards the green-haired kid. "Why don't you ask that guy? He seems eager enough to speak to you. And I think he just called you a … nerd. Your battle should be very interesting to witness. I can't wait! Good luck to the both of you."

And with that, he patted the so-called Mr. Mime on the shoulder and found another corner where he could recover.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    OOC: Okay, you guys post waaaay too fast. X3 I'm not as young or as physically able to keep up, so I'm going to have to drop out after this post. :(

IC: It had been one thing to finally arrive at his destination, the fabled Pallet Town where the legendary Professor Oak resided, but it was another to be ambushed by a news crew, journalists and photographers at the laboratory's entrance. The amount of attention he received from just being an assumed trainer-to-be was overwhelming and suprisingly reminded him of his sister's teasing, especially when she would publicly draw attention to his appearance, which never ceased to embarrass him.

"Uh, uh...heh, um, I-I'm Kamada Kozue," he stammered as several journalists prodded him for answers to the point where he was unable to back away, "I won the radio contest...I-I think..."

Fortunately, after much effort, he was able to slip through the laboratory's front gate, something the accosting mob, despite their size, were unable to do...for legal reasons. But, after escaping from one rowdy crowd of people, he soon found himself in the company of another, except this time, the people appeared more around his age...well at least he hoped so.

This hope was soon killed off and quite quickly as he approached the entrance to the laboratory. Kozue couldn't help but overhear the racket that had consumed the small waiting room inside, where he had been invited to gather with the other trainers-to-be. But from what he could hear, he wasn't sure whether he wanted to continue inside or not. Everyone seemed so much more...mature, than he was, it was a little intimidating.

After finally gathering his thoughts and pulling himself together, Kozue gently parted the front door and slipped inside, where his gaze met four of the other trainers. From a first look, they all appeared much older and prepared than he was, which was one of the main things he feared in coming to Pallet Town, but after just a second of being in their presence, he felt somewhat relaxed, as if these people had all been destined to gather for this rare once-in-a-million chance. It at least, made him feel a little more at ease.

"U-um, I'm Kamada Kozue," he began with a slight stammer and bow, despite his thoughts on making a confident introduction, "sorry for being late, I'm here to meet Professor Oak."

OOC: Oh and I was kidding about dropping out. XP

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen merely observed Patrick as the boy talked to Fen and exclaimed about reporters.

"Argh, don't tell me you're another reporter! Are you guys even allowed in here? You guys already asked me why I was late, remember!? Just outside, a second ago. I thought I'd told you what happened. I only entered Pallet Town today and I got lost three times. But then, I made a startling discovery. Heh, did you know that if you actually follow all the road signs, it becomes a lot easier to find this place?"

Fen nodded as the boy talked, staring into his eyes with learning intent. He scribbled some notes at the boy's assumption and continued to observe at an awkwardly close distance.

"Hm... very human characteristics... demonstrates paranoia of strangers..." Fen said to himself as he scribbled it down.

"Ah, well, Mr. Mime. If you're not a reporter, then what can I help you with? Oh yes, you mentioned something about a Cranidos. Ay, I'm afraid I know very little about them. I wouldn't be of much help." The boy continued.

Fen was further intrigued. "*gasp* Amazing. He has quite human like characteristics, learning to recognize me through another mentioned nickname as fast as he could. Doesn't appear to know about Cranidos... a possible case of amnesia... interesting, interesting..."

Fen tuned out the rest of the conversation as he pondered his newly acquired notes and surveyed the room. Another trainer burst through the door adding to the constantly increasing number of trainers. Fen clicked his pen and put his bad away, and walked to the new arrival.

"Hows it goin there, Kozue was it? Very nice to meet you. I was beginning to think every one aside from the girl was going to be a research subject. Be careful of the blue haired one... and the other green haired boy... I'm not sure if its really safe to approach them yet... be cautious.." Fen said as he stepped away, seeming to fade into the shadows.

Fen actually merely retreated to the seats near the wall, taking the seat next to Kat. He pulled his feet up sitting in his awkward cross legged posture with his knees, more likely than not, invading her personal space. He sat thinking aloud once more as he stared into space, rubbing his chin and contemplated his notes.

"The specimens seem to have finally warmed up to me... As i have earned a nickname. This is a sure sign of acceptance. This "Mr. Mime" nickname...based on the assumption of my ability to regurgitate information in order to cite my sources and facts. An interesting choice indeed as a Mr. Mime tends to mimic physical movements as opposed to copying down mental information. A more suitable name under the given scenario would have been Metagross... or possibly Alakazam... it appears Mankey Boy's hasty nature has lead him to a preemptive, incorrect solution. This must be duly noted for later investigation." Fen said, thinking loudly once more.

"On a side note..." Fen said Kat, not informing her of his switching the focus of whom he was talking to, "I'm wondering how much longer we have to wait before we're issued our pokemon..."

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Noah felt like ruining a quality conversation. He leant over past Kat so he was eye to eye with Mr. Mime. "Well, knowing Oak, probably forever... So do you want to talk about what we might get? Personally I'd love any water or fire type, except for Piplup and Torchic, because I don't like them... No clue as to why though. Knowing you... You'd want to play it safe and have a nice, carefully laid out team, so you'd want a Treeko, a Squirtle and maybe a Charmander." Noah said all of this very fast.

Noah really wanted to annoy Mr. Mime; "say, do you play soduku? You and I will have to play against each other." Fowl spotted a mobile phone in Fen's pocket and grabbed it, "wow! A phone! Can I test it out?"

The young boy was really enjoying irritating Mr. Mime.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: Phew! Way to give me a heart attack, Phanima! D:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, Oni Raichu. I generally enjoy trainer RPGs the most, though there seem to be a lack of them these days.

Well, since Mr.Mystery and Quasar have given me no indication that that they are going to continue this, we shall proceed without them! Rejoice!

IC will come in a few minutes, just to make sure I don't post moments before someone else, nulling their post.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC: I think you're about to destroy the continuity flow of my previous post... Don't... And call me Oni.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • OOC: I'll wait until Evkay responds to you before I bring out Professor Oak, then.

IC: Kat felt more than annoyed, having Fen's knee on her right thigh, and Noah leaning across her lap. Her eye twitched slightly. Both boys were in her space, and she didn't appreciate that. Not at all.

"Ugh! Will you get off of me!" she snarled, palm pressed against Noah's chest, shoving him back into his seat. With that she stood, storming over to the smaller boy who just entered. Surprisingly, she managed to leave without disrupting Fen in the slightest.

She glanced over at the boy. He too had been late. What was it with teenagers and not being able to arrive on time? She gave him a big smile. He had to be younger than her, and he was absolutely adorable. And then she did something rather unexpected. The blonde circled her arms around his neck and pulled him into a big hug.

"You're...so cute!" she exclaimed, smiling at him. "Kozue, is it? I'm Kat Lee."

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen sat pleasantly in the seat, still thinking to himself. His thoughts were rudely interrupted by a barrage of questions and touching from Mankey Boy. He was unusually talkative all of a sudden, which of course, prompted Fen to pull out his pen and pad.

Mankey Boy pressured his questions in rapid fire onto Fen, Well, knowing Oak, probably forever... So do you want to talk about what we might get? Personally I'd love any water or fire type, except for Piplup and Torchic, because I don't like them... No clue as to why though. Knowing you... You'd want to play it safe and have a nice, carefully laid out team, so you'd want a Treeko, a Squirtle and maybe a Charmander. Say, do you play soduku? You and I will have to play against each other. Wow! A phone! Can I test it out?"

Fen scratched his chin... then began scribbling on his pad once again. "Astounding... he exhibits more Mankey like qualities as we become closer... The subject is showing Mankey like curiosity and and a fascination for shiny objects... interesting interesting. Perhaps it would be better suited to provide him with a small bit of string, or a rubber bouncing ball as the subject seems to have a prominent case of Attention Deficits Disorder..." Fen responded as he scribbled on the paper, flipping to another page.

Suddenly, pushed Noah off of her in frustration. She then stood up, leaving to greet the other new trainer. Fen watched her leave and immersed deep in thought once again.

"I'll have to talk to the girl... her name was.. Kat? I need another pair of researching eyes...perhaps she could be recruited as an assistant... Anyone who hopes to produce a thesis has always had a lovely assistant at his side. I'll have to place the proposition to her soon then... its decided." Fen said aloud, ignoring Mankey Boy for the time being.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    His entrance seemed to have had little impact on the now rising bickering between the four trainers and his previous optimistism was slowly fading away. The tension was intimidating and he was having trouble deciding whether he should intervene to help calm the situation or to just stay out of the way and avoid any possible harm. It was then that the only girl in the room broke away from her enclosed seat and slid up to his side with a rather surprising embrace and greeting.

"You're...so cute!" she exclaimed as she wrapped an arm around his neck and pulled him in closer for a hug. "Kozue, is it? I'm Kat Lee."

The sudden embrace quickly made him feel at ease and flushed away all the tension building inside of him. He had only really been close to three people in his life; his sister, his mother and his first Pokemon, Mawhile, but he soon found that he felt just as content in the new girl's arms and relaxed further into the hug.

"H-Hai, I'm Kozue," he said with a sincere smile, "it's very nice to meet you Kat. I hope I'm not intruding."

He then turned to the other boy who also acknowledged his appearance and gave him warnings about the remaining two trainers. Kozue wasn't sure how to take this, he was sure they weren't dangerous or mean, but he returned the gesture with a smile and a small wave anyway.

"It's nice to meet you too."

OOC: Remember people, in-character personalities aren't out-of-character personalities, so try not to take everything personally. :3

Trainer Kat

Years
  • Kat stood next to Kozue, who seemed to be the only normal person in the building. Well, besides herself, of course. "Intruding?" She giggled. "Of course not! I'm glad you're here. Otherwise I might be stuck with those two." She stuck her thumb behind her, pointing at the bickering couple. "It's nice to meet you." She smiled at him, one arm still draped loosely around his shoulders.

"Ahem..."

Kat's teal eyes shot to the door at the far end of the room, where a man in a stiff white lab coat stood, holding a tray containing a variety of Pokeballs. His salt and pepper hair was styled short, a few uncooperative strands falling to the side of his face. His eyes were kind, surrounded by small crow's feet. The corners of his mouth turned up into a smile as he gained the attention of everyone in the room. No doubt about it, this was the man they had been waiting for. This was Professor Oak himself!

"First, I'd like to congratulate you all on your first victory as a Pokemon trainer. Though it may not seem like you won a 'battle', you did achieve victory in that you beat out countless other applicants to receive your first Pokemon. I am Professor Oak, the authority on Pokemon, and I am here to present you with your very own partner."

At this, the professor reached down and picked up a Pokeball. The sphere fit perfectly in his hand, light glistening off the shiny red surface.

"As I'm sure you are all aware, this is a Pokeball. It is a Pokemon's home, of sorts. Should you choose to keep your Pokemon contained within it, it will provide adequate shelter for your monsters." He chuckled slightly. "Now, I know you all know this, seeing as how you all stood out from the rest, but this speech is required of me. I know you don't enjoy listening to it, but bear with me. You'll all have your Pokemon in a short while."

Kat could hardly bear the excitement. Her heart was pounding.

"You all shall receive one Pokeball containing your partner Pokemon, as well as five extras to be used for capturing wild Pokemon. I know some of you were disappointed you were unable to select your first Pokemon. We try so hard to match the personalities of the contestants to the personalities of the Pokemon. All starters are generally popular, so I feel we should have no problems! And with that...I'll hand out your Pokedex and Pokeballs."

The Professor picked up the Pokedex on top of the pile. "Marcus.." He handed the Pokedex to the blonde that arrived shortly after Kat herself had, as well as the Pokeball he initially picked up. "Fen.." Another name, followed by another, until he at last arrived at Kozue and Kat.

Kat held the Pokeball in her hands, feeling the warmth within. She tucked the hot pink Pokedex she had been given into her trainer bag. Just...not...a fire Pokemon.. she pleaded. Tentatively, she pressed the button in the center of the sphere. A flash of red light emerged. This is it!! she exclaimed. When the light dissipated, she found herself face to face with her partner. Her heart sank. Before her was a Charmander.

OOC: There you go. :] Feel free to select a color for your Pokedex (though I would ask that no two people have the same color, unless it is red.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Fen's eyes seemed to glaze over at the appearance of Professor Oak. At long last, such a renowned pokemon researcher was standing right before him. He gawked in amazement as he listened to the professor speak. Finally finished, the professor began handing out pokedexs and pokeballs. Fen was called second and he approached slowly. He accepted the package of items, and the pokeball containing his partner. He slipped the sleek, dark green pokedex into his back pocket for the time being and placed the pokeballs in his bag. He looked at the pokeball containing his partner and stood for a moment, then released the pokemon onto the ground.

The bright red light shot from the ball then faded to reveal a small green pokemon who sat lazily, scratching its head. Fen squatted down to eye level with the pokemon and looked into its eyes.

"Hm... a Treecko. Quite the uncharacteristic Treecko, but you seem very calm which I can appreciate. We're gonna get along fine, little friend." Fen said to the pokemon.

Of course Fen didn't realize what would have been obvious to anyone else watching the two. Fen and the Treecko both had the same, eyes half closed, bored, tired look to their faces. They sat looking at eachother with matching facial expressions, almost like twins. The Treecko stood up, then hopped onto Fen's knee then climed up to the top of head. From there, it flopped lazily onto his head where it seemed quite content to stay. Fen stood up, looking up at the small grass pokemon as it looked back down at him with the same bored look. The two were perfect for each other.

"Well...Treecko...If thats where you prefer to be... I'll let you stay. But you need a name... Treecko is too generic. The way you like to sit up high like that... reminds me of tree tops... like a forest... so how about I call you Forest?" Fen suggested to the Treecko, laying on his head.

The Treecko gave a shrug of approval and curled up, going to sleep in the comfort of Fen's scruffy hair. He looked around the room, trying to see what the other trainers received for their pokemon. This was quite an exciting time for Fen, seeing pokemon matches for all the trainers... AND his new research specimens...

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • It's the crack of dawn, and the sun already shown it's first light. The snow reflected most of the light, brightening the landscape. Most people are still asleep at this time, but not W. He's already preparing his things for his long journey.
    "Food, check. Extra clothing, check. Telescope, check..." he chanted groggily. After a few minutes, as he started walking toward the door, a voice said.

"Excited, aren't you?" said the voice. Startled by the voice, W. tripped something and fell to the ground.

"You don't have to surprise me!" said W. angrily. The voice was his father. "You've forgotten something.'' He handed out a galss container. Inside that container is an egg, a brown one with white stripes. "It's from your mom. He know you'll be leaving early, very early in fact"

"Oh" said W. "Sorry'' he got the egg and put it in his backpack. "Take care, son" said W's father.

"Tell mom I'll be back soon" W. shouted back as he is already walking on the main route.

Snowpoint City is Located near the mountains. Oftentimes a blizzard would occur. 'Hmmm... What kind of pokemon will I choose?" He pondered.

He took the nearest bus station in order to arrive to the Port faster. While most of the passengers slept, W. was on his books.
    "Most of them are trainers, I think" he wondered. He was right. On their belts are pokeballs of various colors. Some of them are talking on how their pokemons are raised. At last he arrived at the port.

"It'll be a 2 days ride" he hypothesized. "Depending on the velocity of the ship and wind divided by the distance..."

Lash

Years
  • While a small amount of drama and noise had emerged from the other new trainers who entered the lab, Marcus preferred not to get into it. He released a small laugh or two, just to look like an innocent bystander. He waited in his seat, without much movement, other than crossing his arms while waiting and a yawn, since it did take a few minutes for all to get in, and for introductions. Though, he did look over at Kat when she hugged the other trainer, exclaiming that he is cute. For a moment, he let a bit of jealousy show in his eyes, but turned his head, to look mature.

Finally, Oak had made an entrance. He entered with a tray of Pokeballs in his hands, and a smile on his face. Marcus couldn't help but to smile with glee, since he was now ready to get a Pokemon, and start his journey for the Pokemon League. All the other trainers in the room along with Marcus stood, waiting for Oak to assign them a Pokemon and give them a Pokedex.

"Your name is, Marcus?"

The blonde haired boy nodded.

Oak handed him a spherical object, with a button in the middle, making the ball be like a capsule. Without even speaking up, Marcus was given a red Pokedex. A smile emerged, as he was now ready. In his hands were a Pokeball and a Pokedex. He pressed the button in the middle of the ball. Emerging was a small, yellow mouse Pokemon, standing at about 13 or 14 inches. With red cheeks, and being energetic as it could be, this was a Pikachu.

The Pokemon immediately jumped into Marcus's arms, and begin crawling around him, to explore its new trainer. Marcus laughed, since he was being tickled a little. He looked his right, seeing other trainers open their Pokeballs. The blonde haired girl, Kat, looked displeased with a Charmander. Marcus spoke up,

"Don't be too displeased if you didn't get the Pokemon you wanted. It is your partner- It is destiny that it was assigned to you."

Marcus said so while walking over to Kat. Looking down at Charmander with Pikachu hanging onto his shoulder, literally standing on it, they both looked at the starter. Marcus patted his hand on Charmanders head for a moment, and took one small glance at its trainer. [/IC]

OOC: Sorry if it is a little short. I have a busy schedule in real life, but I will still attempt to make a post every day.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Noah decided he would just ignore Fen until their Pokemon Battle, because the annoying kid was irritating him to no end. The blue-haired teenager stood up to greet the elderly professor, who was hlding a white capsule, it sort of reminded Noah of a computer, but it was more like a calculator. So that's the famous Pokedex.

Noah walked up to Oak and received a Poke ball with lines running across its red part. He clenched it before saying in his head; I don't know what Pokemon you are, and I really don't care, because I don't have a choice in the matter. I want us to be friends, if we can. Noah threw the red and white sphere into the air, releasing a monkey.

"Chimchar!" The monkey started hopping around the room.

"Wow!" Noah was flabbergasted. "Thank you so much professor!"

Noah turned to Fen and saw he had received a Treeko. Noah smirked; now he had the type advantage.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    His distinct and stern voice pierced the air and caught everyone's immediate attention. Still wrapped under one of Kat's arms, Kozue turned his head towards the now approaching professor who looked every bit like his photos in the Pokemon tabloids, it was really him; Professor Oak.

He made his introduction quick and to the point and before he realised it, the professor was already handing out their prized Pokemon. He slowly began to call out each trainer for them to receive their Pokemon and assorted accessories. This was the first time he had heard each of their names and made himself remember each and everyone of them. Marcus, Fenra, Patrick, Noah and Kat were their names and he made a promise to himself to memorise them as quickly as possible. They were going to be his new travelling companions after all...well, at least he hoped so.

It was then that the professor called out his name and gently placed his desired prize in his eager hands. "Thank you professor!" he beamed as he received his ocean blue Pokedex, set of five spare Pokeballs and his very first Pokemon. "Thank you so much!"

Without hesitation, Kozue gently tossed the ball just above his head and watched as it spun and eventually burst open in a flash of white light, releasing a round shaped creature by his feet. He watched intently as the light faded away from the creature's body as he listened to the similar sounds of the other trainers' releasing their very own first Pokemon.

A plump round body and an equally round head first appeared, followed by a small budding beak, a pair of wing flippers and three-toed claws. A dark blue coat covered the majority of its bulbous head and napkin like feathers that ran across its neck, back and tail. A lighter shade of blue completed the rest of its miniature body, bar two white round patches across its front and around its eyes. Its beak and feet also matched with an impressive yellow hue. Altogether, the small newly hatched Pokemon striked a marking resemblance to a baby penguin.

Putting his recently accquired Pokedex to good use, Kozue quickly scanned the creature who had began ruffling its own feathers with its short stubby beak.

"It's a Piplup!" he announced with a bright smile as he read its biography.

Crouching down to survey the Pokemon, the blonde mop-top attempted a gentle patting session with his new partner when he was suddenly greeted with a rather stubborn and unprovoked nip on the finger.

"Ouch!" he cried out, instinctively brushing his wounded finger across his lips. "I-I'm sorry, I don't mean you any harm..."

The penguin looked relatively confused but stayed on guard as it analysed the approaching teen. "I'm not going to hurt you," Kozue continued, stretching out an open hand in an effort to make peace with the Pokemon. "I just wanted to greet you properly..."

Expecting another bite from its short yet suprisingly sharp beak, Kozue braced himself for the attack as the Pokemon widened its mouth. What he wasn't expecting was the warm sensation and rather gross feeling of the baby penguin's tongue addressing the same finger it had bitten only moments ago. For some reason unbeknownst to him, the Piplup seemed to have accepted his presence for that moment, and that was good enough for him.

With his other hand, he hesitantly began stroking the penguin's head with the hopes of relaxing the Pokemonas it tended to his small wound. "You're quite friendly, huh Piplup?" he continued, thoroughly enjoying the moment as his mind started to wonder, "but I think you need a name...something that'll suit you, like 'Poochie' or 'Pochama'..."

Looking down at the baby blue penguin, his wondering mind blanked. "Um...I don't know what to call you..." he stammered as he scratched his messy blonde hair, "maybe something simple and catchy, like 'Peanut' or 'Pocky'...wait, 'Pocky'! I love pocky!"

Piplup seemed to have heard the boy's exclamation about one of his favourite past-time snacks and retreated from its current duty to pat its flipper against his hand in an effort to grab the teen's attention. As if a piece of the puzzle had finally fallen into place, Kozue happily petted the penguin's hands and gave his new partner a nod. "From now on, you'll be known as 'Pocky'."

Rather satisfied with the amount of progress he had made with his new buddy, Kozue returned his attention to what was immediately happening around them. Seeing Kat releasing a fairly distinctive Pokemon in her hands, the blonde mop-top made his way back over to the girl with rejuvenated optimism.

"Kat-chan, what did you get?"

OOC: Sorry about the lack of detail in the initial 'getting to know each other' part of the post with Ko and Po, I tried to add a little more conflict but couldn't pull it off with Ko's positive personality and a baby penguin...oh well. XP

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • After 2 days, Kanto region came into view.

"Ah, Kanto..." W. exclaimed as he admired the scenery.
    The region is mountainous, rugged and full of forest. It is an unspoiled beauty. Some of the mountains have towns on them.

"I can't wait!" he said excitedly as he began descending from the ramp. Suddenly something's illuminating from inside his backpack. "What the?!" he said as he reached into his backpack. It was the egg! But the even happened for a few seconds. Then it slowly faded into normal. "False alarm" W. said dissapointingly. He thought his egg is gonna hatch. Then he headed into the main route.

3 hours of walking certainly tires out W. Finally he reachd Pallet town. "This place sure is nice" he said, as he felt the cool gentle breeze. After 4 minutes of waling(again!) he reached his destination, Proff. Oak's laboratory.

W. opened the door gently & peaked inside. 'Nobody's home," he thought "Were are the other trainers?" As he was pondering, a voice suddenly said, "Ah, you must be W.!". This startled W. "Whoa!" then he looked closely at the person. "Y-You m-must be P-Proff. Oak..." he stammered.

"Exactly! Well then , youv'e come collect your starting pokemon? asked the Proffessor. W nodded. "then what are we waiting for? Get inside." he said.

In the middle of the lab is a table with several pokeballs. "Some of the trainers have already left with their pokemons." said the proffessor.

"Also, some of them haven't arrived yet, so here's your pokemon." He handed out a pokeball. W. examined it for a minute and finally released the pokemon. It had a round shell and turqouise colored body. "It's a Squirtle..." W. said.

"Wow, you already know how to identify pokemon!" said the proff. "Squirtle the best when it comes into defence, and a good partner for quiet trainers." he added.

W. looked into his first pokemon. Squirtle looked at him too. It seemed as if they're brothers. "I like him." W. finally said. "Well then" the proff. chuckled, "Here's you..." he stopped. "What? Proff?" W. asked.

"Something shining in your backpack" he said. "Oh, no not again!" W. cried. He took the egg out of It's case and put it on the table. After 10 seconds, it's finally hatched. The pokemon is an Eevee.

"I think that's an Eevee." W. said

"Hmmm... you're right, an Eevee's rare you know." the proffessor expained, as Squirtle and Eevee began playing around the table. "Okay, now here's your pokeballs" he said as he handed out 5 pokeballs. "And here's your Pokedex. It'll help you Identify pokemons". " Ands finally your Pokenav, It'll help you locate nearby towns and cities, it's sorta like a GPS"

W. was overwhelmed with joy. 'Yes! I'm now a trainer!' he said in his mind joyfully. Then he began packing his things in his backpack. He placed his pokeballs back of his belt.

"Now Squirtle return, you too Eevee" Squirtle obeyed, but his Eevee remarkably dodged the red beam emanating from the pokeball!

"She's a quick one," the proff. observed. "Be patient, & later she'll understands you, she's still a baby you..."

"He's a she?!" W interrupted. "We'll... most active bab pokemons I've observed so far are females, so don't fret about it." replied the proff.

After a few minutes of discussing, W. finally went out of the Lab. "Bye, Proffessor and thank you! I'll come back soon!" W. said. "Any time now!" replied the proff.

"Next stop, " W. said as he checked his Pokenav while walking. "Viridian City" he said as he stretched his arms & took a deep breath."C'mon Eevee" as he reached down to his Eevee which is very tired at playing. "Better give you two a good name..."
    continued...

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

Years
  • Kat's reaction was minimal, at best. Charmander would not have been her first choice. While certainly the cutest of the fire starters, Charmander was more of a boy's Pokemon.

"Don't be too displeased if you didn't get the Pokemon you wanted. It is your partner- It is destiny that it was assigned to you."

Kat turned to see the boy from earlier. While they hadn't been formally introduced, she had managed to catch his name when Professor Oak called it out. He bent and pet the fire lizard's head, an action that prompted the Pokemon to sigh contently. Kat's sigh, however, was one of disappointment.

"Easy for you to say...you got Pikachu." The electric mouse stood on its trainer's shoulder. Kat gave it a small smile before speaking once more. "Fire Pokemon are so...I dunno...primitive. Like their only desire is fighting. I guess I had hoped for a Pokemon with grace and beauty...like me!" She laced her fingers together, eyes glazed over as visions of her battling with a Chikorita filled her mind.

Shaking her head to dispel the daydream, Kat bent down and gave the Pokemon a quick once-over. "I guess you're just going to have to be strong, huh?" she said. She ran a hand along his back as a peace offering. His orangey-red skin was smooth and cool, sending small shivers down her spine. By this point, Charmander looked as displeased with her as she had with him. He pulled his head back and threw it forward, his skull colliding with hers.

"O-ow! That hurt!" she growled. "Listen, you. If we're gonna make this work, you're gonna hafta do what I say! And I say don't do that again!" The Pokemon gave no indication that he was going to repeat his prior action. Instead, he spun and slapped her face with his tail. The blonde looked angry. Anger quickly turned to guilt, however.

"Look, Charmander." Arms crossed, Charmander turned so his side was to Kat. He looked at her through one open eye. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I did. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Can we start over?"

Charmander just looked at her before turning to her and sticking out a chubby orange arm. It was his turn for a peace offering. She was meant to take the hand. Hesitantly, she wrapped her hand around his. When there seemed to be no danger left, she grinned. "Alright, then. Partners."

The two really were horrible together. Both were fiery and headstrong. It would probably cause conflict in the future, but for now, they were content to be together.

"Now, uh...Charmander. You need a name." She slid her hands into his armpits and lifted him. The lift wasn't easy, however. Charmander was heavy. "Oof, you're fat," she remarked, prompting the creature in her arms to scowl. "You need a good name. Something tough. Something like...Axel?" She vaguely remembered her dad mentioning an axel. It was a car part or...something like that. It sounded cool, though. "Axel it is," she grinned, holding him at eye-level.

"Kat-chan, what did you get?"

Kat turned. Seeing Kozue with a Piplup in his arms sent a twinge of jealousy through her, but she didn't let it show, nor did it bother her. It was merely a passing feeling. "Charmander's my partner!" she smiled at Kozue. The smile was genuine--she truly had warmed up to her Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back