• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] The Great PokéCommunity Wonder Trade Bonanza

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • The Great PokéCommunity Wonder Trade Bonanza

Wonder Trade. You all know what it is. It's that wondrous system where you put up a Pokémon for trade, and you don't know what you're going to get from the other end! You can get anything from a random Level 2 Yungoos caught on Route 1, all the way up to a shiny Level 100, fully battle-ready Arceus! From what I've seen, I haven't really seen a major Wonder Trade event hosted on PokéCommunity, so why not host one of my own.

The rules are as follows:

1. Actually find the damn thing! Open the menu with "X", select "Festival Plaza", tap the big blue "Trade" button and then select "Wonder Trade".
    2. Select your Pokémon.
    3. Watch as it gets traded for god knows what!
    4. Report on what you traded in the topic itself. For added consistency, it is advised you take a picture of the box slot you Wonder Trade from, before and after the trade!

(TBD) All Wonder Trades will take place in a 3-4 hour time window.

Wow, I have a lot of useless Pikipeks in the PC. Can I Wonder Trade them?

Well, you can, but Pikipek are extremely common. Most players have them, and most Wonder Traders look for new Pokémon that they may not have yet, or intend to put out their good Pokémon to the masses. Putting out common Pokémon on Wonder Trade ruins the fun of "Hey! What are you gonna get?" and turns it into "Wow! I got 30 Grubbins from Wonder Trade!" while in turn ruining the system for everyone. For examples to mind out for, there's a list of blacklisted Pokémon that are banned from trading as part of the event.

But I don't have any amazing shiny 6IV Kyogres to put on Wonder Trade! How do I make my Pokémon "good"?

You don't need ultra rare Pokémon like the Kyogre mentioned here if you want to please someone on Wonder Trade. There's several ways in which to do it.

- Nicknames! Nickname the precious Pokémon that you send out over Wonder Trade! Just don't send anything offensive!
    - Egg moves! They might just be for the good of the breeders and competitive battlers, save them some work searching the right breeding pair!
    - Hidden Abilities! Stuff like Rough Skin Garchomp and Speed Boost Blaziken remain in high demand. Some of them are extremely rare!
    - Pokémon not found in the Alola region! A lot of Pokémon are only available through Pokémon Bank, such as Ferroseed and Nidoran. Some people don't have Bank, so do them a cool favour and make their day by sending them something cool like that!
    - Held items! Anything that evolves when traded with an item, such as Feebas or Porygon, will be very welcomed if they have their respective item! Alternatively, give your Pokémon useful battle items such as Choice Band or Life Orb.
    - Rare balls! Pokémon in rare and special balls such as Love Ball and Heavy Ball are commonly sought after.
    - Tutor moves! Some cool moves are only available through Move Tutors, such as Hyper Voice Eevee and Drain Punch Chesnaught.
    - Trade evolutions! It's great for people who need to fill their Pokédex but don't have anyone to trade with!

Scoring system (TBD):

- 1 point per perfect IV
    - 4 points if a Hidden Ability
    - 3 points if holding an item
    - 2 points for a nice nickname
    - 1 point per egg move or tutor move
    - 10 points if it is a Shiny Pokémon!
    - 2 points for participation

These points are stackable on top of each other. For example, a 6IV Protean Froakie will net you 10 points.

Blacklisted Pokémon - DO NOT TRADE THEM!

Well, there is one problem with Wonder Trade, and the problem is that people throw up useless crap from the early game that nobody wants. To make this event more interesting for everyone and the Wonder Trade itself, the following Pokémon are forbidden from being traded as part of this event. Trading any of them will result in a deduction of 3 points for their tribe.

Spoiler:

Exceptions to the rule: if they have redeeming qualities, such as egg moves, Hidden Abilities and perfect IVs, then they can be traded. Otherwise, please refrain from trading freshly caught Pokémon from the first few routes!

TBD: Wonder Trade time window, scoring system, some CSS?

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Looks good to me. Be sure to check the sticky thread for your crystals!

Back