• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The GS Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi1001

Pokemon Disc Jockey
Years
  • Sheesh, that thing is right up there with Al Capone's vault-and it's probably got the same contents.

I don't think we'll see any more of it, now that we've moved on to the Hoenn region. (Does Kurt still have it?)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Kurt gave it back to Ash a while ago. He's given it to Oak, Ivy, and I believe Birch or Elm (can't remember which), and none of them seem to be able to figure out what it does, or was meant to do maybe...

Maybe Visitor of the Space Fissure (the next movie) will shed some light on it, but I doubt it.

It could be meant to catch a certain Pokemon. Or it could be like the Master Ball, and the characters just don't know how to use it.

Of course it might not be for catching at all... It might do something else... In this case, that something might be... (grins evilly)

Last edited:

nayana_1120

... ._.;
    Years
  • Want my opinion? >=D
    Advertisment for GSC
    there was nothing ever in it.
    There's no use for it.
    When they gave it to Kurt, its time in the sun was over. It had done its purpose.
    everyone seems to ask this question ;-;

skippy

EAGLES FAN
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Oct 4, 2004
    i kinda think there is an ancient pokemon already in the ball and it needs to be unlocked somehow.
    thats my theory anyway.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Before anyone decides to try bringing up "CELEBI IS IN THE GS BALL!!!11," I suppose I should quote the reasonings for the GS Ball's existance that I've posted in my FAQs over at the SPP forums.

ETR's FAQs said:
    "Is Celebi in the GS Ball?! What happened to it?!"
    Alot of people get this confused with the Crystal version GS Ball. The GS Ball in the anime was merely a ploy to give Ash more of a reason to go to the Johto region. The ball was pretty much an advertisement. Celebi is not in the GS Ball, considering it's proven it's not bound in any ball. The ball remains in Kurt's posession and has been long forgotten.

"If Celebi isn't in the GS Ball, then how come it's inside the ball in Crystal version?"
    I truely am sick of this question. Time for an explanation because chances are, people who use this question to back their theories up haven't even tested it out. During the event for Crystal, when you bring the GS Ball over to the shrine, Celebi does NOT come out of it. Celebi becomes attracted to the reaction of the shrine and comes hovering down. Mind you, this was the video game. In no way do these events occur in the anime. It was a special event from NoJ to give players, with the cel phone adapters, a chance to capture Celebi. We've already seen Celebi TWICE (once in movie 4 and the other in a Hoso special) and not once was it anywhere near the GS Ball. Why would it even be in a ball that cannot be opened yet be free later on? So PLEASE, stop asking about the GS Ball and claiming the Celebi is inside it just because you haven't gotten the facts straight on the game events.

In other words, the GS Ball was only meant to give Ash a reason to go to the Johto region and it was obviously an advertisement and sign of the Gold/Silver Pok?mon (GS' meaning couldn't be anymore obvious). After that, he was supposed to give it to Kurt, which introduces other important aspects of the Johto region. Berries, Kurt and the different kinds of Pok?balls (outside of Pok?, Great, Ultra, Safari, and Master).

After that, there wasn't any need for the ball anymore. Kurt's probably still looking at it.

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
  • I think, we won`t see GSball anymore. Its is just not so important anymore. Some secrets will stay secret, like this one; who is Ash`s Father? What happend between Brock and Ivy? etc.
    GSBall was a symbol of Johto and new pokemon.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Many people don't get the whole joke about Ash's father. At first he was based off the game character, Red at one point. Similar design in character, no father. Heck, a good chunk of RPG character's were missing one parent with no explanation.

As or Brock and Ivy, it's safe to assume she rejected him. >_>;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Y'know, it's not often that the show leaves holes in the plot open for so long. I'm not even going to venture a guess at what's in the GS ball, but all I'll say is that I hope they follow up on it someday.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'll say it again. When Kurt gave Ash the different Poke-Balls, he returned the GS Ball and said that he didn't know what it was for. Well, we'll have to wait on the it, I guess. Don't fear, though... It's not like Japan to leave any cliffhangers of that magnitude. There's probably a darn good reason its purpose hasn't been revealed yet.

It was NOT advertisement for Gold and Silver. Here's why. Pokemon has been around in Japan since like, 1989. The Johto Saga aired in 91 there, way before the debut of the G&S GB Games.

As for Ash's father, here's something to think of. Why does Giovanni have a picture of Ash's mom in his office in the Kanto Saga? My conclusion: Giovanni is Ash's father. Why do you think he never returned from his so-called Pokemon Journey?

Also, isn't VFTSF the 8th movie?? What about MewTwo Returns??

Last edited:

nayana_1120

... ._.;
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    It was NOT advertisement for Gold and Silver. Here's why. Pokemon has been around in Japan since like, 1989. The Johto Saga aired in 91 there, way before the debut of the G&S GB Games.

The first date on the games says 1995. Since the games were first, I doubt Pokemon was mainstream in 1898
    And I saw johto episodes in japan in 2000(ish); I KNOW it didn't air in 91. That means it had aired for OVER TEN YEARS. Did Johto air for that long in the US? It didn't. Johto was not around in 91.
    I also doubt that they would follow up on the GS ball now; we haven't seen it in a long time. And if they did do it, it would probably be a Hoso :/
    I still stick by my advertisement theory. =P it's the only one that makes sense.

Cyclops

Lugia Master
    Years
  • I personally think that the GS Ball was merely a tool to advance the series. It must have been a hint at Gold/Silver, seeing as how it was called the "GS Ball" and was infact gold and silver in colour. If Ash hadn't taken the GS Ball then he would have never gone to the Orange Islands, or indeed to Johto to give it to Kurt. I think it was just a very cleverly placed tool by the writers, and it worked!! ^_^ Although it wouldn't have killed them to give the ball an actual purpose now, would it? XD

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • SBaby said:
    I'll say it again. When Kurt gave Ash the different Poke-Balls, he returned the GS Ball and said that he didn't know what it was for. Well, we'll have to wait on the it, I guess. Don't fear, though... It's not like Japan to leave any cliffhangers of that magnitude. There's probably a darn good reason its purpose hasn't been revealed yet.

As for Ash's father, here's something to think of. Why does Giovanni have a picture of Ash's mom in his office in the Kanto Saga? My conclusion: Giovanni is Ash's father. Why do you think he never returned from his so-called Pokemon Journey?

Also, isn't VFTSF the 8th movie?? What about MewTwo Returns??
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. As stated before, Pocket Monsters released in Japan in 1995 under the titles Pocket Monsters Akai and Midori (Red and Green). Johto was then released in 1999 in Japan under the titles Pocket Monsters Kin and Gin (Gold and Silver). The games ALWAYS came before the anime or were released simultaneously in Japan.

You're mixing up the dates that Pocket Monsters went into production. The game series was being worked on in the mid to late '80s.

Giovanni with pictures of Ash's mom? I don't recall anything of the sort. Ash's is a parody off of the typical RPG hero that has a parent missing without too much of an explanation. And since Ash was originally based off of Red (before they redid Red's design to keep people from confusing the two), they looked alike and neither had a father around. There's absolutely no evidence that Giovanni is the father, especially since Ash's name was mentioned to Giovanni in the the Mewtwo TV special, and not one sign of recognition was seen on his face.

That's another thing, Mewtwo Returns is NOT a movie. It was originally a TV special in Japan that 4Kids dubbed and tricked people into believing it was a movie. Visitor of the Space Fissure! is actually the SEVENTH movie of the Pocket Monsters franchise (second of the Advance Generation series), not the eighth/third.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    What it is actualy, is something I remember seeing about a show called Pocket Monsters starting in 88 or 89 with different cast members (and if I could actually spell my words correctly, it'd be even better). I rechecked the website, and the article about the year actually turned out to be complete BS, so you were right about that.

As for Giovanni, I SWEAR that I saw a picture of someone that looked like Ash's Mom in the guy's office in one of the Kanto Episodes. Two buddies of mine can even vouch for that!

Anyway... Whatever is going to happen, regardless of when the show first aired, my prediction is that within the next League or two, the characters will be teenagers. Seriously, this has to happen sooner or later.

Last edited:

Scizor.02

heavy steel
    Years
  • i know this does'nt have enything to do about the GS ball but can enyone tell me what all 7 movies are about, well apart fromVFTSF,pokemon 2000and the one where all the unowns make that little girls dream come true.+ the one with celibi in.
    i hav'nt seen many of the movies cos i don't think they have been released in the UK so i'm missing a lot so can some one please fill me in.
    o and even if there was a pokemon in the GS ball it would'nt be Celibi they made a movie of it and i did'ntsee the guy use the GS ball to get Celibi!
    i meen come on that is so obvious though...well not for the people who hav'nt seen it so i appologize.

Last edited:

Rezeed

A Die-Hard Trainer/Fan
    Years
  • about the giovanni theory why dont you try showing us a pic explaining that

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • They didn't abandon the GS Ball. Trust me I've been researching that thing for a long time. I didn't get anymore than crazy theories on the web but I did find something out from the anime. Extending from The Johto Journeys all the way into Pokemon Advance in the Who's that Pokemon the GS Ball has rolled across the screen at the bottom. If they?ve done that for so long, then it must be to keep the memory of the GS Ball around. I do not think it was an advertisement. If you'll notice the reason Ivy named it the GS Ball was cause the letters GS were engraved on it. She said so herself. Yes its true that the ball is gold and silver but so what. There are many things in the anime that relate to the games. By the way Crystal, was it made after they introduced the GS Ball. So maybe they're just basing that game on the anime. Suicune appears before Ash in the anime, and Suicune appears before you in the game. Eusine battles Ash because he said he saw Suicune, Eusine battles you in the game because you've seen Suicune. Well if that wasn't based on the anime then what was? So why couldn't the GS Ball have been in the game because it was in the anime. I'll bet its a clue. The GS Ball is probably a key of some kind, not a real Pokeball. That would be a good reason why it couldn't be sent through the Pok?ball transporter. And you wouldn't be able to open it if it was a key because it wouldn't be made to open. Or maybe it is supposed to open but only the one who?s supposed to open it can.

OOC: I have to go now so I'll tell you the rest of my ideas later.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • Uh, the GS Ball IS in Crystal. Just not available without activating an even that wasn't available outside of Japan.

The GS Ball was different in both. Ivy gave Ash the GS Ball which was given to Oak who then asks you to give it to Kurt to find out what it was. All of that lead to giving Ash a reason to participate and head to the Johto League.

In the game (after the event is activated), the nurse of Goldenrod City gives you the GS Ball and asks that you give it to Kurt. THIS is the only portion that's similar between the two. Once you give it to Kurt and wait for a day to go by, he'll tell you that he hasn't a clue of what to do with it and suggests taking it to Ilex Forest. You head over there and pop it into the shrine and Celebi is summoned and floats down towards you.

The GS Ball in the anime was just a ploy to give Ash a reason to head over to Johto. The game somewhat expanded on it and gave Japanese Crystal players something to use to obtain Celebi within a certain time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back