• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Guitar Thread!

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • The main riff. I always make a mistake when attempting to play it along with the actual song. Didn't get in as much practice yesterday as I'd hoped. Another problem I have is the strings make a buzzing sound, so I was thinking maybe a change of strings is the way to go, as they seem quite rusted.

The main thing with power chords is keeping your fingers in the same position while shifting them from fret to fret. You just have to keep practicing and you'll get it =P

String buzz usually comes from not pushing down on the frets hard enough, but yeah if your strings are rusty you should probably change them...

Hidancat

ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • I've been playing with a '59 Flying V from some pawn shop about two years now.

>_> Trying to learn Airman ga Taosenai and God Knows 'cause I'm an animedork.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've been playing with a '59 Flying V from some pawn shop about two years now.

>_> Trying to learn Airman ga Taosenai and God Knows 'cause I'm an animedork.

Nice, a classic =P

At least you have something you like to play. I've been known to play a few anime theme songs =D

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
  • I've been playing guitar for about 6 years. I have a black gibson SG as of now, but I've had a lot more guitars in the past. :P

Right now I'm working on learning a lot of Choking Victim songs. (easy stuff.) I mainly play metal/punk, and video game/anime music...lol.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've been playing guitar for about 6 years. I have a black gibson SG as of now, but I've had a lot more guitars in the past. :P

Right now I'm working on learning a lot of Choking Victim songs. (easy stuff.) I mainly play metal/punk, and video game/anime music...lol.

*jealous*

I really want an SG, it's pretty much my dream guitar.

Good stuff though, a play a lot of metal myself =P

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've been playing for 6 months. I can already play stuff like "One" by Metallica and "Symphony of Destruction" by Megadeth.
    I've got that freakin sweet Dean Cemetary Gates Razorback *thumbs up*

Sweet! That's pretty impressive...Keep it up!

Nice guitar as well =P

Back