• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Happiness Challenge

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • Hello, everybody! I'm deoxys121. Welcome to The Happiness Challenge!

How to Play This Challenge:

The concept behind this challenge is to play through the game using only Pokemon that evolve via high happiness. Due to this, Generation I games and their remakes are ineligible, as these evolutions do not exist in Generation I, and in FR/LG, you cannot evolve them until post-E4. Here is a list of all Pokemon that evolve by happiness:
    Spoiler:

Rules:

• Emulators and the speed button are allowed.
    • Since the Pokemon that evolve via happiness are relatively rare, and few and far between, you may hack or trade in up to 3 Pokemon early in the game at the low level. If you want more, you must obtain them legitimately. If you want them to have ONE certain egg move, that's fine.
    • You must train the Pokemon from its most basic form. i.e. Pichu, not Pikachu, and Cleffa, not Clefairy.
    • In cases where a Pokemon received a happiness-evolving baby form in a later generation, you may not use that Pokemon if its baby form does not exist yet. i.e. Roselia is not allowed to be used in R/S/E.
    • With Pokemon like Chansey, you will use just Chansey to start with in Gen II and III games, but you will start with Happiny in Gen IV and V games.
    • For Eevee, you must evolve it into either Espeon or Umbreon, since they're the only evos that are based on happiness.
    • HM slaves are of course allowed.
    • Yes, you can evolve the Pokemon. This isn't a challenge strictly for baby Pokemon.
    • For B/W, you cannot add Reshiram or Zekrom to your team after catching it. Therefore, you must have 6 Pokemon on hand when you catch it, whether you battle with them or not. You will then choose not to add Reshiram or Zekrom.
    Your Challenge is Complete When:

• Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver: Defeat Red.
    • Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Defeat the Elite Four.
    • Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Defeat the Elite Four.
    • Black/White: Defeat the second round of the Elite Four.
    Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Champions:
    Spoiler:

Userbar:
    You may use this userbar, made by me, while playing this challenge if you want.
    The Happiness Challenge

Sign-up Form:
    Username:
    Game:
    Pokemon:

My Sign-up Form:
    Username: deoxys121
    Game: Black
    Pokemon: Togepi; Riolu; Sewaddle

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Lol ironically I currently have a non-challenge game of Diamond on the go and my team is: Crobat, Roserade, Lopunny and soon to add Riolu (complete coincidence with the evolution methods, just choose some random pokemon to train haha). Currently at Canalave City I believe, but haven't picked it up in a while so I'm not sure.. Would this team qualify even though it started before the challenge began? If so, I'll sign up with it on Diamond :3 The Crobat began as a Zubat caught in Oreburgh Gate, Lopunny was a Buneary from Eterna Forest, Roserade was a Budew caught just above Jubilife and Riolu will obviously come from Iron Island. :p

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Lol ironically I currently have a non-challenge game of Diamond on the go and my team is: Crobat, Roserade, Lopunny and soon to add Riolu (complete coincidence with the evolution methods, just choose some random pokemon to train haha). Currently at Canalave City I believe, but haven't picked it up in a while so I'm not sure.. Would this team qualify even though it started before the challenge began? If so, I'll sign up with it on Diamond :3 The Crobat began as a Zubat caught in Oreburgh Gate, Lopunny was a Buneary from Eterna Forest, Roserade was a Budew caught just above Jubilife and Riolu will obviously come from Iron Island. :p

Pfft! Wow, what a coincidence. Go right ahead, that qualifies. Just keep all the Pokemon on your team happiness evos.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Sweet. Right now I'm actually still working on the Painfully Slow Challenge though, haha. I'll pick this one up as soon as Sapphire's a decent amount in. :p

Years
  • Username: Kiiroi
    Game: Crystal
    Pokemon:

The Happiness Challenge

Golbat

The Happiness Challenge

Chansey

The Happiness Challenge

Eevee

The Happiness Challenge

Togepi

The Happiness Challenge

Pichu

The Happiness Challenge

Igglybuff

I will hack in Pichu, Igglybuff and Chansey but the rest are easy to come by

Last edited:
    Back