• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The hardest Pokemon to catch in the Safari zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper88

Casper88
    Years
    Kangaskhan gave me a hard time, but i eventually caught her....Tauros on the other hand was never caught by me up to this day, i always traded for 1.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    3 huge and main candidates for me...

1) Dragonair - a real pain

2) Chansey - infamous in hard capture

3) Scyther - hard one, very hard one

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Kangaskhan, Chansey, Pinser, Scyther, Dratini/Dragonair and Tauros are virtually impossible to catch for me. When I catch one, there is no way to catch the others. I caught a Kangaskhan on my first try and in around 4 games have only caught Chansey once.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Kangaskhan It keeps running away as soon as I through the first ball.

pkmnfreak84

555 Henshin!
    Years
    Kangaskhan runs constantly.. I've seen it about 10 times total just.. never can catch it.
    Chasey is hard to find *and* catch
    sadly.. I've never even seen a Tauros in the wild.. just that one trainer pair on one of the Sevii islands that has the Tauros/Miltank combo.

I actually saw a Dragonair once, fishing in the water hole in the first area, it got away though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Chansey is hard but I caught it the 2nd or 3rd time I saw it.

Kangaskhan, on the other hand, I've seen MANY times, but can never nab it.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    ive never had any problems trying to catch anything in the safari zone ive only used a max of 4 pokeballs chansey was a real son of a bi.....cow in pokemon red,blue,yellow but not fr lg

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I agree with everyone who says that Chansey and Kanghaskan are the hardest.

I find them a challenge even to find in the first place. But catching them can make me very aggravated as well. Even with the Sweet Scent glitch, I find it hard to find the two pokemon and often get impatient.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Of the dragons that one must fish for, I think I've only gotten a Dratini in the Safari Zone, and since raised it to evolution.
    I seldom venture into the Safari Zone, probably since I'm more interested in capturing all the Unowns in the Tanoby Chambers (once found a shiny X one there, but unfortunately didn't have any balls with me); but like a lot of people my bet's on Chansey, since it often runs no matter what (I've at least been in the Safari Zone enough times to know that).

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    chansey..kangaskan was caught in a sarfari ball first throw. it was luck

chansey...well i searched enough time and found em, they ran, etc.
    finally found one and got it.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    dratini and Dragonair are pretty hard to find.
    Silvernikes, do not revive topics over a month old. This topic has been dead for nearly 2 years. Check the date the last message was posted at before replying to topics in the future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back