• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The idea of a live action movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Oh my, so now it is confirmed to be fake. D; I was actually expecting something better out of it, but maybe this fan made project isn't that bad. Decent enough for us to watch I guess?
    And yeah that trailer which Kirbychu posted.. lol It's actually quite interesting. Jessie and James have got guns.. I'm going to watch out for this. XD

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Ok seeing as it's been established that it's a fan made thing and not official, can someone answer me how the hell can they do that legally?

Ninetendo and Pokemon are the only ones who have the rights to the pokemon franchise including the Anime (the charachters, the locations, the design of the pokemon etc). They simply wouldn't be able to extract any revenue without the explicit permission of Nintendo who despite being greedy corporate *****s, would surely realise that the movie is **** and wouldn't want to jeopardise the franchise. Besides it would ruin any chance of themselves producing a live movie in the future.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Ok seeing as it's been established that it's a fan made thing and not official, can someone answer me how the hell can they do that legally?

Ninetendo and Pokemon are the only ones who have the rights to the pokemon franchise including the Anime (the charachters, the locations, the design of the pokemon etc). They simply wouldn't be able to extract any revenue without the explicit permission of Nintendo who despite being greedy corporate *****s, would surely realise that the movie is **** and wouldn't want to jeopardise the franchise. Besides it would ruin any chance of themselves producing a live movie in the future.
    It's true that it is a fan made project. And this is actually quite well made and seemed to be very authentic. It very true that this isn't legal but they aren't making it for commercial purposes, are they?
    I read the interview with the makers of that clip, and they said that it was plainly made out of love for Pokemon. It was just a side project.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Nearly 2.3 MILLION VIEWS on YouTube in just 3 days?! :cer_disbelief:

Aside from the overuse of guns and mild language, this project seems pretty interesting. It almost chides the people clamoring for a "dark and gritty" Pokemon of [insert childhood franchise name here]. It points out exactly why it isn't a good idea for all franchises should become too "dark/mature". I'd be horrified if Pokemon switched from the kid-friendly competitive light to a darker, mature series like what the trailer depicts. Yeah, adding "mature" elements may help a kids show become tolerable by older fans at some moments, but don't do a complete 180 and betray what the franchise was for originally...

I know Power Rangers RPM sort of went this route (slightly darker to appease older fans, but still intended for kids). Granted, I love what I've seen so far at RPM, but I'm fine with where it is. IMO, PR doesn't need a crapload of actual guns and swears every few seconds to be "cool."

As for the trailer in question, I'd be psyched if the makers completed a whole fanfilm. The plot given seems very intriguing, and could satisfy all of those "dark and mature" needs once and for all. I also noted a poster in one of the image galleries that said "No Pokemon should be Fighting type!" as in, the illegal combat being referenced by the film... The self-contradicting message of the first Pokemon movie comes to mind, but also makes you think about the limits people are willing to cross just to be the best "Pokemon Trainer".

And if I saw the trailer before knowing its true identity, I probably would've called it fake primarily because of the realistic guns. Aside from the Legend of Dratini (EP) and all those instances with non-firing guns, the closest Pokemon has ever gotten to guns is Pikachu and the "firearms" (Ray Gun, Super Scope) in Super Smash Brothers. But it does look pretty convincing on first glance... I feel sorry for any little kid who accidentally stumbles upon it though...they might get frightened out of their wits. :(

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Heh, I actually really liked that fanmade trailer. It's pretty funny in a cheesy way. Best part is 0:13 of the news reel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg XD

LOL, someone pointed that out in one of the comments, and then I checked. It's nice that the producers could pull off something so funny in a trailer with such a serious tone... I got a mental image of Gary "MF-ing" Oak saying that to reporters... :cer_laugh:

That trailer's spreading like wildfire, though...a stunning 3.2 million views as of now...about 1 million more than the last time I checked within a 3-day time span! :cer_disbelief: I didn't know it was that big of a deal... At this rate, it might get a Bulbapedia fandom article soon... It would be something indeed if the trailer was fleshed out into a full-length/full-fledged movie... :D

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • EDIT: Just realized everyone figured it was fake already XD Sorry about all the stuff below:

That is by far the worst attempt at a hoax I have ever seen.
    -cough- besides my pokemon hoaxes lolz :D

but yeah this isn't very convincing to me.
    First of all.. this is Pokemon. And it looks so ridiculously dramatic and whatnot. like, it's a dramatic, a little, but besides that the showcase wouldn't interest children except for the fact that it's pokemon.
    On top of that the pokemon CGI doesn't really look like it has reasonable budget.. At all.
    Not to mention it looks kind of lame. I laughed when I saw "Ash" for some reason. -pfft-

not to mention. guns. Someone putting a GUN to their head. Suicide? In a frigging pokemon movie.
    Fake.

Ok if this is real I have a real bad feeling itll turn out to be like the dragonball movie (A fail) I hope not though

Idk if parents would even let their kids see it .0_e with the guns and whatnot. but yeah.. it'd be a fail. I don't think it really needs a live action movie.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I loved that! WOAH! I would love for them to make it into a full film :D
    Lol, jessie, mewoth and james look addass... even the bit where james is getting his nails done XD
    I loved the end of the trailer:
    Misty: Whens it going to stop?
    Ash: When I've caught them all!~

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    This is the worst abortion of a project ever.

Why resurrect the most cliché lines in the entire Pokemon francise like 'gotta catch 'em all'?

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Why resurrect the most cliché lines in the entire Pokemon francise like 'gotta catch 'em all'?

Because that's the phrase (I assume) that drives most Pokemon Trainers to continue their quests to this day (even though event Pokemon and version exclusives can make the feat seem impossible...).

Furthermore, the phrases reference the awesomeness of the original series... Pokemon wouldn't be Pokemon without those memorable lines...
    Plus, they're made even funnier when you hear them in a "mature" context such as the one depicted in the trailer... :cer_laugh:

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Well there's a new pokemon fan film coming out soon. Not trying to spam..

Just in case you guys wanted to watch the trailer on youtube its called "to protect the world from devastation complete trailer"

Its really cool if you know your pokemon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • fenyx4; said:
    Because that's the phrase (I assume) that drives most Pokemon Trainers to continue their quests to this day (even though event Pokemon and version exclusives can make the feat seem impossible...).

Most people playing today probably weren't even around when that phrase was created and put to use.

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    It would make sense if this was japanese.
    Anyone who watched the japanese Power Rangers or the live action Sailor moon series would understand what i mean.

shadowchick

The Reaper Empress trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    To me Pokemon Apokelypse looked good, but at the same time, it took things a little too far....

I mean.... Pokemon Battles, illegal?! Battles between Pokemon were not meant to be like dog/**** fights!!!!!! And further more, Ash would NEVER treat Pikachu like that!

As a long time fan of the franchise, just seeing Pikachu in that condition almost made me cry....

Other than those details, the film looked good.

I still think it would've been better if a new Pokemon was gonna destroy the world or something and all of Ash'a old traveling companions came back.

Just my opinion.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • That video is old already :P, and it's fan-made (I'm probably repeating stuff that has been said already after 3 pages hehe). It was a fun watch still, even though James needs longer hair!!! James' hair is really important, yes yes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back