• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, agreeing with Kirbychu.

Personally, I think the developers heard Jay-Z and were hooked.

Waiting for the Isshu parody. >_>

This post is a everything! Lmao... "In Hiuuuuuuuuuun!"

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What about meh? D:

Trusting the information from this page they look like they've haven't had such a drastic alteration as Shanghai to Isshu, Kanto's probably the biggest change.

I still think the New York skyline at the top of Masuda's blog has some relevance to Black and White. 3:
    Maybe they just based Huin on NYC like they based Sootopolis on a greek city whose name I forgot...but the Geography is that of Shanghai similar to Isshu also the rest of the region is based on Shanghai like how the geography of Hoenn is based on Kyushu but Sootopolis isn't based on a Japanese town :)

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    NO JUST NO! NO NEED FOR JAY-Z (Alicia Keys was great though) He would have ruined it for us -.-. They were obviously listening to the piano man himself Billy Joel.

Years

Maybe they just based Huin on NYC like they based Sootopolis on a greek city whose name I forgot...but the Geography is that of Shanghai similar to Isshu also the rest of the region is based on Shanghai like how the geography of Hoenn is based on Kyushu but Sootopolis isn't based on a Japanese town :)
    This is possible, but I don't think they'd showcase a city like that so early, and Santorini Greece is the place you were thinking of. :3

Look at what those guys are wearing. They either have really bad taste in clothing, or they're hinting something.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    All of this New York talk has me listening to Nicki Minaj right now, and I'm gonna hit you with a Massive Attack if you talk bad about her! :P

Anyway, Isshu could be just like Hoenn, with towns and cities from places other than just Asia. The focal point is still New York IMO! #ArrogantAmerican

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    I would love it to be set in NYC but i'm just happy for some kind of change. So i am ok with where ever it is set ^^

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    All of this New York talk has me listening to Nicki Minaj right now, and I'm gonna hit you with a Massive Attack if you talk bad about her! :P

Anyway, Isshu could be just like Hoenn, with towns and cities from places other than just Asia. The focal point is still New York IMO! #ArrogantAmerican
    Yeah I don't mind if it's in Shanghai but I also want to see NYC it's would be great if we got both :)

Zet

Years
    ITT: Isshu isn't based on NYC

Because Isshu doesn't have an island in the middle of it, while NYC does. So logically speaking, Shanghai is the best candidate right now.

Hard to the face the facts, y/y?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Because Isshu doesn't have an island in the middle of it, while NYC does. So logically speaking, Shanghai is the best candidate right now.

It was said before that Hiun City is based on Manhattan... that was the most solid to me when they had the picture to picture comparisons. as an entire region I guess it could kind of resemble Shanghai but Shanghai looks extremely dull in all of the pics I just googled.

Zet

Years

It was said before that Hiun City is based on Manhattan... that was the most solid to me when they had the picture to picture comparisons. as an entire region I guess it could kind of resemble Shanghai but Shanghai looks extremely dull in all of the pics I just googled.

It was speculated, and not proven from a legit source.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It was speculated, and not proven from a legit source.

Obviously, I surely didn't mean it as fact since I went on to mention Shanghai. This entire thread is speculation... I know what's fact and established and what's not.

Random Question: Do they ever even really reveal where each region is based on?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I don't see why there's still an argument for NYC XD.

There are big buildings and docks?

Is it just me who realises most cities have tall buildings, and most cities by the sea have access to water? The fact it resembles NYC is just because you want it to, in reality Hiun City is very generalised and could be almost anywhere in the world.

The shape of the region makes me inclined to Shanghai, it just looks right. It's also "Far away" from the other regions but not too far.

Introducing Pokémon to an 'american' region would be a bit weird to be honest :\ the culture is totally different and it would just feel odd.

In the case of a bird, it's a bald eagle with an item of interest from it's habitat. It isn't a sign that Isshu MUST be America in anyway.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I forget to mention that one American thing doesn't make the region American.

Wooguru is an eagle with what looks like a native american headress. Complete speculation.
    Lt. Surge is an American.

That doesn't make Kanto in America, does it?

So yeah, just trying to knock down "AMERICAN EAGLE MEANS REGION IS AMERICAN!!!!!!!111"

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I forget to mention that one American thing doesn't make the region American.

Wooguru is an eagle with what looks like a native american headress. Complete speculation.
    Lt. Surge is an American.

That doesn't make Kanto in America, does it?

So yeah, just trying to knock down "AMERICAN EAGLE MEANS REGION IS AMERICAN!!!!!!!111"

Also Bidoof = Beaver = American :3 Maybe that's the secret symbol in Pokémon for the US XD

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    I'd like to see More than 8 gym tows and have Maybe Huin have multiple gyms, or districts, each the size of a regular town.

I'd also like to see a region map.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    I think parts of the region look very American, such as the bridge coming off the east side of Huin City, along with Huin City itself looking very NYC-ish IMO, and also there's Wooguru that also looks like it belongs to America.

The shape of the region though looks to be a mix of NYC and Shanghai, so it's difficult to pin-point exactly where Isshu is based on. I'm not too bothered either way what Isshu's shape is based on, as it really doesn't excuse the fact the region as a whole looks completely random and here, there and everywhere.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years

ITT: Isshu isn't based on Shanghai.

Back