• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Region

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
  • Aside from Hiun city it doesn't look all that different. and the 3D view I don't know how I feel about that. It seems a little much. but then again thats how I felt about generation IV

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Isshu needs to be mostly based on Australia, otherwise it just won't be appealing to anyone. Since really, we've gone so long without Australia, so assuming that Huin is NY as people say, then each other city can represent a city from another country. Though in this case, 6 of the cities can be based on Australia and we'll all be happy. :D

If they will use any country for the game then it should be Korea or Greece. Korea is close, we could have rainy tropical climate in the south, mountains streaming in the interior, snow up in the far north, and Jeju island to travel to.

Greece would be another cool one since A) it's been used before, b) Greece is large enough to be one mega-region or broken into two regions, and c) greece is home to various physical features and islands. Australia would be okay, but inform me on the geography and climate there. If australia is used then I think there would mainly be fire, ground, and rock type pokemon spread around it. Actually Australia could be a massive fire island XD.

I have a feeling Isshu is in Australia or somewhere in the USA.

angelroid, my fellow b&w starters fan club member and friend...I don't agree with you!!!!

Though like I said Isshu could be based in Greece, Korea, or Korean+Australia. They could even just add in influences from cities and regions around the world.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • This actually looks pretty amazing! I can't wait for it to be released, although I do have on issue, about the very tall buildings, will all of those be accessible, or will you only have access to a few? The rest looks pretty cool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This actually looks pretty amazing! I can't wait for it to be released, although I do have on issue, about the very tall buildings, will all of those be accessible, or will you only have access to a few? The rest looks pretty cool.
    from the pics we got it seems like a few but there might be a door in the side or behind the buildings that we can't see from the pics!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I hope that we'll at least get to explore some of the tall buildings in Hiun City, not necessarily all of them. But it'd be pretty neat if there were some first-person outlooks at the top where you got to see far out into the region or something.

And have any of you wondered what that tannish almost tudor styled building is to the left of the Pokemon Center? Seems a little out of place to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Sounds like a good Region, I like this image;
    Isshu.png
    just to notice sumthing, there are stairs from one of the docks to the sea. that can mean a sea route to another city or sumthing similar

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I can expect them to take full use of the 3D... anyone for mountain climbing? what about surfing down a river? I REALLY want to see what they'll incorporate as specially 3D

or maybe... downloadable areas... so they can tack on as promotions...!!
    and I don't mean a tiny island with one pokemon, I mean a whole route or something.

Years
  • I think that Hiun City is based on New York City for three reasons.

1. The waterfront in Hiun City is similar to Battery Park
    2. The bridge in the background of the Hinu City is similar to the Manhattan Bridge
    3. The final reason is that two skyscrapers in the upper left of the image remind me of the World Trade Center. Maybe it is a tribute to the victims as the game will most likely be released in 2011 in the United States, the which will mark the tenth anniversary of the attack.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
  • Hiun City = NY?

I've been thinking: Ever since they said this new region wouldn't be in Japan, well I always thought the screenshots for Hiun City reminded me of New York. What city do you guys think?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • I think I know where it is!

Hiun City = Auckland!

auckland.jpg
    isshu.jpg

Both are transport and commercial hubs and Isshu is seen to be high-tech in places and low-tech in others. New Zealand has high-tech cities but quite bucolic countryside. Both have a lot of mining.

Just a hunch but I think maybe Isshu = New Zealand!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well im relly excited about this new region, it looks amazing :D
    Im hoping for a more exotic city or somthing, I dunno! Somthing we havent seen! :D Like the underwater city in hoenn! (atlantis XD)
    An underground city? LOL
    Ummm... maybe somthing like ummm... I got nothing xD

Years
  • This is looking to be an amazing game which will have hours of gameplay (more than the previous 4 generations) as exploring big cities must take its time! Plus, I would love it if the incoperated an airport so when you have finished the pokemon league, you can possibly fly back to a previous region or a new destination with some "rare" pokemon :D Cannot wait for this to come out <3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm more prone to believe that Isshu correlates with the American west coast, with Hiun City correlating with Seattle. A much more logical choice in location considering its ties with Nintendo. :P

Years
  • There's not much to go on at this point. A city by the ocean with a bridge. It could easily be any of a dozen cities around the world. If it's not based on somewhere in Japan (which they've pretty much said already) the most likely place is to have it be in the US since that's where the largest market for the games outside of Japan is. And if it's going to be in America it's likely to be a well-known area to the game designers. Something like Los Angeles, New York City, or San Francisco. It's got to be somewhere near the coast and have a large bridge (which excludes LA as far as I know). I want it to be SF for selfish reasons, but NY makes the most sense. It's the largest area and had a Pokemon Center.

But I want to post this anyway, just because.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't think it will be based off of New York or any of those places. I am positive it will be based off of another region in Japan.
    So far the four regions have all more or less the same relationship to each other that the places they're based on have. Sinnoh is up north, Hoenn is down south, etc. etc. It's supposed to be a faraway region. The only place in Japan that's far away would be Okinawa and that's already been incorporated into Hoenn as Ever Grande City. So unless they lied it's got to be based on somewhere outside Japan.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • From the screenshots (African-Americans), locations, and characters (yay baseball caps), I'm assuming this one may be based on North America.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Let's try to keep all the region talk in one place. There are already a lot of posts in the general Isshu thread about Hiun City's origin specifically so let's put it there. :)

Back