• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Journey...Into Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Rhys was jogging along the road, his pounding feet kicking the dust up behind him, Blade out of his pokeball and running alongside. He hadn't felt this excited in years. The sun was shining, his knee was feeling good and he was about to get a brand new pokemon and head off on an adventure of a lifetime.

As he turned the corner to the professors labratory he saw a young man outside the labratory, clutching a pokeball and facing through the open door. He stopped, Blade stopping directly behind him.

'Excuse me' Rhys asked the youth, trying not to seem rude, 'this is where we are meant to go to pick up our starter pokemon isn't it?'

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Name: Rika
    Appearance: I have a picture but I can't post links yet... So he has short blond hair. His clothing consists of a simple white shirt with a simple red overcoat on. His pants are regular blue jeans, and he has simple black shoes on. Wow thats simple...
    Pokemon: Charmander and Chikorita.
    History: His parents abandoned him at birth in the forest, but a caring Vaporeon mother found him and took him in.
    Dislikes: Spiders. Not the spider pokemon, but spiders in general.
    RP Sample:

"Gotcha!" Rika yelled, picking up the pokeball. "Chika?" The grass pokemon asked. "Chikorita, we caught the Ratatta!" He exclaimed. Charmander let out a loud, "Char!" In relief as Rika tossed the Pokeball back. "Go on Ratatta, your free now." It let out a loud ,'Kwya!" and ran off.

OOC: I only spent about five to ten minutes on this(Not counting having to re-type it) so sorry if it's not good enough)

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    "yes, and it also the place to sign up if your just begining" Toby replied "The Professor has the pokemon and enter here to sign up. Um..You dont happen to be Rhys, Do you?" he asked.

Years
    "Brilliant" Rhys replied "I can't wait"

Rhys almost forgot the 2nd part of the question, so excited was he by getting a pokemon...

"oh, ah, yeah... I am Rhys, why? is everything ok?" he asked nervously

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    "No reason..You look like your brother..He stopped at my parents gym before"he looked solemn"..before....it happened....Anyway, you better hurry, theres only a few left. Have you battled before?

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    Centi bolted out of the Laboratory and ran into Rhys.
    "oof, oh sorry about that, My names Centi, if i may ask, what your name is?"

Years
    Rhys, still a bit shocked from the reference to 'it happening', and trying to work out what 'it' was, was even more shocked when he almost got bowled over by someone flying out of the labratory, only his quick reactions and the use of the walking stick his mother had given him stopped him from crashing into the dirt.

'um, hi, pleased to meet you I'm sure' Rhys said when he recovered his balance, 'I'm Rhys, and this....' he said, turning to the person he was just talking to outside the door 'is, ah, I didn't catch your name?'

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    "Toby, my name is Toby" He said as he helped Rhys up. He smiled. "You better go and sign up, Rhys. Centi, while we're waiting how about a battle?

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    "Sure why not Im up for one!"

Centi grabs a Pokeball from his belt and throws it. A gastly appears.

"Okay what you gonna send out?"

Years
    'Jeez Toby, your right' Rhys replied, realising if he didn't hurry he will miss out altogether.

With that he rushed into the labratory, his walking stick clicking on the hard floor. Blade slipping in directly behind him.

'And which trainer are you?' Professor Oak asked

'Rhys, sir'

'Ah yes, of course, I remember your brother.' Professor oak nodded 'Now which pokemon were you looking to start with?'

'Bulbasaur please sir' Rhys said, nervously hoping that he hadn't run out of bulbasaurs.

'Of course, of course' Oak said, turning to a computer screen and pressing some buttons. The large machine in the centre started buzzing and slowly a lid retracted and a column slid upwards, a pokeball balancing at its centre. Oak reached for it, and then also slid a red rectangle from inside the column.

Oak handed both over to Rhys without ceremony. Here is your poikeball containing bulbasaur, and your pokedex containing the information on the wild pokemon you will meet, as well as your trainer ID information.

'thanks professor, thanks a lot' Rhys said in a rush, very happy to have recieved his packages and get his journey started.

'no worries, I know from how you have looked after Blade you know what you are doing, so all I will say is best of luck, and keep in touch... that pokedex will be sending me the raw data but I like to know from you how you are doing!'

'Cheers professor' Rhys said again

'Now I think theres a battle going on outside with some of the new trainers, why don't you get out there and take a look?' smiled the professor

'ah, yeah, cheers again' Rhys said smiling and waving to the professor. With that he turned through the doorway and stepped into the bright sunshine outside

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    "Okay, I choose Houndour!" he said as he threw the pokeball. "Go Houndour, Bite!" The houndour charged at the gastly.

centi

Gundam Pilot Reporting!
    Years
    Centi's Gastly was bitten ad thrown to the ground, the gas/ghost pokemon got right back up.

"whew! that was close! Ok, Gastly use Hypnosis!"

Gastly started moving in cirlces, and Houndour followed, soon Houndour felt sleepy, and then it hit the ground fast asleep.

Years
    OOC: Centi, be careful, you are not meant to describe what reaction your attack has, just the attack as otherwise it is god modding... i'm sure it was an accident but thought i better let you know

Rhys caming running out of the lab as houndour came out of its pokeball

'ok' he said to himself 'this ought to be good'

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    "Oh, jeez, I forgot all about meeting Proffesor Oak!" shouted Solis. He began to run back to town, looking for the tall laboratory on top of the hill. It belonged to the famous Proffesor Oak, the one who would be supplying trainers with their various tools this year.

As he was jogging, Torchic and Chikorita both noticed something before Solis did. There was a battle taking on right in front of Professor Oak's lab. Solis recalled his two Pokemon into their Pokeballs, so the two trainers wouldn't get confused. As he slipped past the main battle, he passed a person aout his age.

"Hey, how's it going?" he said breifly before slipping into the lab, "Proffesor, I'm here," he said somewhat quietly.

"Ah, hello. You must be.." Oak said, waiting for Solis to finish his question.

"Solis. I have my starters already, recieved them from my parents. I just need the Pokedex.. and some Pokeballs, if you don't mind," he said.

"Ah, no problem. Here you go," Oak said, turning around, grabbing a brown paper bag carefully.

"Thank you, Proffesor," Solis nodded as he walked outside. Just as he opened the doors, he saw a Gastly hypnotizing a Houndour. Once again, he slipped past the battle scene unnoticed, and began his journey.. again.

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    OOC: Thats allright I'll fix it.

"Here, Houndour, Awakeing!" He said as he squirted an awakeing at the Houndour. "Now, Houndour, Faint attack!"

Years
    Rhys looked up from the Pokémon battle he was engrossed in to see the young man who had addressed him earlier stroll out of the lab, past the battle and back on to the road.

Glancing back at the battle as if torn, he made up his mind, returned Blade to his pokeball and jogged after the young man.

'here, hold up' Rhys called in a friendly voice, 'you starting on your pokejourny to?'

Silhouette

Years
    The battle raged behind Solis, ceaseless to find a victor. The sun was beginning to set, and Solis was getting a little tired. It was hard to raise Pokemon, and live on your own life. He had only been at this for not even a day a day, and already was sleepy.

"You starting your Pokejourney, too?" said the one he had greeted a little earlier after catching up to Solis.

"Yup, I am. The name's Solis. And you are?" he explained coolly. He looked down to see a Pokeball on his belt, "Oh, and I don't hope you mind me asking.. what Pokemon do you have?" he continued.

Years
    Smiling Rhys replied, 'oh, sorry, I should have said, my name is Rhys, very pleased to meet you Solis'

Glancing down at the pokeballs on his belt he smile got even broader

'I have Blade the Scyther, my brother sent it back as a present from his own pokemon journey, we've been working together for 6 months now. I also have a bulbasaur that Professor Oak just gave me, but I haven't let it out of the pokeball yet, I figuered that you should do the first meeting when you are properly ready, including having cooked some food for it!'

'Didn't i see you with a Torchic and Chikorita? thats pretty cool as they are very rare around here, where'd you get them?' Rhys asked, his thirst for pokemon knowledge out weighing his thoughts on whther such a question was rude or not

Silhouette

Years
    "Well, my Pokemon were bred from my father's Pokemon. These were his two most friendly Pokemon, so he let me have them. He didn't really need them.. He already has a Meganium and a Combusken," he explained, "but a Scyther? That's pretty neat. How did your brother get one?"

After his explanation, he waited for a reply from his acquaintance. Solis noticed a walking stick. Rhys seemed completely capable, so he must be a hiker or something. Solis was thinking to himself, watching the sun set over the horizon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back