• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the Jussie Smollett case

Years
  • Rumor is that the amount of time he would have gotten was not worth the haste for the DA, the police union and mayor are mad because it was a slam dunk case and because of the embarrassment to the city. He still can be brought up on federal charges and most likely will be for mailing a terroristic threat to himself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    so basically there is no official answer to my question,just speculation and/or secondhand information

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • What I mean is, everyone is willfully ignoring the elephant in the room, the obvious reason this case stood out in the first place and why it concluded this way.

He's rich, he's famous, he had a high-paid lawyer, he cut a deal, he walked.

Just like it always happens in this country when rich folk are arrested.

And the hate groups scream "it ain't fair! No justice!" when they really mean, "how dare they treat this black man like a white man?"

(Course, in most cases with these folk, "black man" will be substituted for the N-word.)

Hate to say it, but it's true. Rich white folk get away with things far worse than what Mr. Smollett did, and anyone who cries that it isn't fair should realize that life ISN'T fair. The whole reason this causes such an outcry is because he's black, plain and simple. I knew it, you knew it, EVERYONE knows it, forgive me for stating the obvious.

Deny it all you want. I'd love to claim bigotry plays no part in the system, or that PC is never an issue in these cases, but I may as well wish for the moon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What I mean is, everyone is willfully ignoring the elephant in the room, the obvious reason this case stood out in the first place and why it concluded this way.

He's rich, he's famous, he had a high-paid lawyer, he cut a deal, he walked.

Just like it always happens in this country when rich folk are arrested.

And the hate groups scream "it ain't fair! No justice!" when they really mean, "how dare they treat this black man like a white man?"

(Course, in most cases with these folk, "black man" will be substituted for the N-word.)

Hate to say it, but it's true. Rich white folk get away with things far worse than what Mr. Smollett did, and anyone who cries that it isn't fair should realize that life ISN'T fair. The whole reason this causes such an outcry is because he's black, plain and simple. I knew it, you knew it, EVERYONE knows it, forgive me for stating the obvious.

Deny it all you want. I'd love to claim bigotry plays no part in the system, or that PC is never an issue in these cases, but I may as well wish for the moon.

I am not ready to say race played a factor yet on this, but I do think there are political connections you are not considering. Tina Tchen seems to be an emerging figure in this, with her power and contact with the DA in trying to get him off.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    I really, really dislike the "only racists cared about this" argument. It completely ignores that the Chicago PD is livid about this. Is the police superintendent white? Lots of people hated what happened because it'll make the next real hate crime that much less believed. Edit: And how do you prove or disprove the claim? End edit

I also dislike the "white people get away with worse." That's no basis to run a criminal justice program on.

Chicago was so pissed they released the police records before they got hit with a gag order.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...cago-police-case-file-20190327-htmlstory.html

And that wasn't a deal. A deal would be in writing and available for people to see. He'd plead guilty, not guilty or no contest and pay a lot more than ten grand. That looked like a coverup. Drop the charges and seal the records immediately. What were they hiding? Now Smollett can claim innocence no matter what the police investigating say.

Edit: not only did the file get sealed, someone has also wiped it from the system.
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...se-file-vanishes-from-records-system-n2543809

Last edited:
    Back