• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kid's Origin in Sun And Moon (JP Trailer)

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
  • I heard this theory by my friend and it is actually cool:

In the Japanese trailer, Gamefreak let us follow a kid's journey and as you know Gamefreak just do not put things accidentally. In the first scene, the kid was playing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow on his 3DS and they are on an airplane, my guess is that this kid was travelling from Japan to Oahu, Hawaii. In the game, we can see that the main character is in a new home as you can see the unpacking boxes. The interesting one thing though is that the kid's shirt and the main character's shirt is kinda the same, and remember Gamefreak just doesn't let things out there accidentally. So, in conclusion this kid in the trailer is the same in the game. If this two are the same, are everything about them the same? Remember what I told you in the start of this theory, that is right he was playing a Gen 1 game now this is where the theory RKO's. If these kids are the same, the origin of them and where they come from are the same too. Which means they are the same from Japan. But ofcourse there are no such thing as Japan in the Pokemon World. But what region in the Pokemon World is Japan? The first four gen was Japan but let us refer what the kid was playing on the 3DS. Does that mean the kid is from Kanto? It is up to you guys.

Oh and some additional info:

1. Your Mom have a Meowth that is maybe from Kanto.
    2. There is a box where it writes Machoke which is a Gen 1 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My main thought from the video was that it was supposed to remind people what Pokemon's really about. When you're feeling alone, Pokemon will always help you make friends, no matter where you are. That could actually be what 'it all comes together' represents. These games will somehow (I don't know how but) remind everyone who plays them that you're not alone if you play Pokemon - using the themes from the previous generations to reunite previous players? I dunno. I don't think he's from Kanto though (nor does it really matter where he's from) - as long as he's found his way to Alola nothing is impossible. The cool thing is they can make him travel wherever and make it a perfectly plausible story.

Years
  • My main thought from the video was that it was supposed to remind people what Pokemon's really about. When you're feeling alone, Pokemon will always help you make friends, no matter where you are. That could actually be what 'it all comes together' represents. These games will somehow (I don't know how but) remind everyone who plays them that you're not alone if you play Pokemon - using the themes from the previous generations to reunite previous players? I dunno. I don't think he's from Kanto though (nor does it really matter where he's from) - as long as he's found his way to Alola nothing is impossible. The cool thing is they can make him travel wherever and make it a perfectly plausible story.

This is also what I believe the video was about. Pokemon is a franchise that connects with a lot of audiences, and connecting with others for trading and battling is part of it.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • I also stated before that it might have a connection to the game's protagonist. What do we know:

- The kid from the trailer is moving to hawaii (another region)
    - We can clearly see the ethnic differences between him and the other kids

I know that we will have the option to change our protagonist skin color, but at first glance we can clearly see that his skin tone is much more lighter that the rest of the characters we see in the game trailler, even the player's "mom" has a darker tone, so i suppose she is not the actual mother.

Another thing is, Kukui says to the trainer "welcome to paradise" as if it was the first time the player arrives. So yeah, the kid from the trailler is from Japan (another region) and ther game protagonist is from another region as well

And that my opinion about kid's origin. I think it has much more to do with the fact that both are not from Alola than the whole friendship thing.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Not related to the kid, but related to the JP trailer. I'm not sure if anyone noticed this...

The kid has a red new 3ds xl playing Pokemon Red/Green. The Japanese one. We can tell from the pikachu pose.

He then gets a copy of Sun/Moon from the Hawaiian game store. Probably a US version. He pops it into his red 3ds and starts playing the game.

Could Sun and Moon be the first region free retail 3DS games?

Jeischita_Homaji

Resident of the Acalia Region
    Years
  • It should also be noted that RED (or someone dressed exactly like him) was visible in some concept art of a resort-looking building along with Leaf someone with a close resemblance to Leaf (who was technically only in the remakes). They were also stressing that "things from past pokemon games will all come together".

Either way you look at it, Kanto will likely have some kind of role in Sun & Moon, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that GameFreak has something big planned for these games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    actually, I thought he was from Hoenn because you can see a wailmer pail among the moving in boxes. Machoke help you move in at the start of ruby and sapphire as well. Also the background music in the trailer is ruby/sapphire music I'm pretty sure.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • actually, I thought he was from Hoenn because you can see a wailmer pail among the moving in boxes. Machoke help you move in at the start of ruby and sapphire as well. Also the background music in the trailer is ruby/sapphire music I'm pretty sure.

The problem is your mom have a Meowth that is not available in Hoenn nut obtainable by trade in a trainer in Battle Frontier.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Not related to the kid, but related to the JP trailer. I'm not sure if anyone noticed this...

The kid has a red new 3ds xl playing Pokemon Red/Green. The Japanese one. We can tell from the pikachu pose.

He then gets a copy of Sun/Moon from the Hawaiian game store. Probably a US version. He pops it into his red 3ds and starts playing the game.

Could Sun and Moon be the first region free retail 3DS games?

I think they just added the game footage in post and didn't stop to think about where the prop 3DS came from.

Back