• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Uber Latios? I was afraid of that, there does seem to be a fine line between the two, and that line seperates the Ubers from the OUs. Bad result, if Latios went to OU tier, that would've opened the doors for many others, I've said many times that they either both stay in Uber tier or both go to OU tier. Oh well, guess we'll be seeing some others be tested now as we start on 5th gen battling soon.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Can I join please? Latios and Latias are two of the best legendaries ever. I use Latios while my gf uses Latias...xP

They really are the best, aren't they? :P Welcome to the club!

Uber Latios? I was afraid of that, there does seem to be a fine line between the two, and that line seperates the Ubers from the OUs. Bad result, if Latios went to OU tier, that would've opened the doors for many others, I've said many times that they either both stay in Uber tier or both go to OU tier. Oh well, guess we'll be seeing some others be tested now as we start on 5th gen battling soon.

It's a minor disappointment. But I guess it'll pass, lol. More people are fond of Latias anyway. Funny because I actually think she is more effective in battle than Latios because of her versatility. Her higher defenses make her a more durable dragon, while her SP.ATK is nothing to sneeze at.

Have you actually heard anything about 5th Gen yet? Or are you just throwing that out there in speculation?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    They really are the best, aren't they? :P Welcome to the club!

It's a minor disappointment. But I guess it'll pass, lol. More people are fond of Latias anyway. Funny because I actually think she is more effective in battle than Latios because of her versatility. Her higher defenses make her a more durable dragon, while her SP.ATK is nothing to sneeze at.

Have you actually heard anything about 5th Gen yet? Or are you just throwing that out there in speculation?

Unless you could EV train Latios for Defence and Sp. Defence, Latios will stand barrages. And I believe Latios has the Speed advantage?

No news about the 5th yet.

Years
    Fail Results are Fail.
    Latios needs to be with his sister!

:P

Oh, and as a side note, aren't the roaming Latis programmed like the roaming dogs? - To have 0-1 for IVs in 4 Stats?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Unless you could EV train Latios for Defence and Sp. Defence, Latios will stand barrages. And I believe Latios has the Speed advantage?

No news about the 5th yet.

Yeah, but then I think that hurts his ability to shine as a Latios. xD I dunno. If you EV train the Latis for their opposite stat, they both become very similar to each other. But I suppose a Latios EV'd for SP.ATK poses enough of a threat to still be considered an Uber.

And the Latis' speeds are equal.

Oh, and as a side note, aren't the roaming Latis programmed like the roaming dogs? - To have 0-1 for IVs in 4 Stats?

That's a good question, but I don't know. I remember getting my Latias's IVs tested (her ATK IV was the highest, just my luck ¬_¬) and I think she might've showed the same pattern. She had like some number in ATK, and most of the others were shockingly low. Why would they nerf them like that? D:

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Yeah, but then I think that hurts his ability to shine as a Latios. xD I dunno. If you EV train the Latis for their opposite stat, they both become very similar to each other. But I suppose a Latios EV'd for SP.ATK poses enough of a threat to still be considered an Uber.

And the Latis' speeds are equal.

Yeah, and maybe it depends on their nature. My Latios and Latias in E are both Rash(wow, coincidence), and Latios is faster maybe because of it's nature.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hm, well a Rash nature neither improves nor reduces the SPD stat. Did you keep track of their EVs? Because that's what makes the most significant difference after Natures. If those are also the same, then it really comes down to the IVs.

In Pearl, both my Latias and Latios are timid. :P The Latias I spent a month soft-resetting for, and the Latios I settled with after a day because I didn't want to spend another month finding a Modest one. XD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Haven't keep track of their EVs. 'Cause I train them both in Victory Road where there's lot of Hariyamas and Lairons... and they both have surprising good HPs...

And I don't know anything about IVs...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Well, IVs are basically just random hidden numbers assigned to each stat that lightly weigh upon which stats are boosted more. They could all be very high or all be very low, it's completely random.

Anyways, I beat the E4 in Platinum and I'm waiting to borrow my friend's DS so I can transfer my Pokes over from Pearl. In the meantime, I've been testing out the Battle Frontier there. As sort of a tossup topic,

What are some effective strategies for use by the Latis in the Platinum Battle Frontier?​

The Battle Castle is probably a big question for me. Seeing as you cannot use the Soul Dew there, the Latis' power is greatly reduced, so it'd be interesting to see how one would compensate for that.

Electricz

Sevipers number one fan
    Years
    If you had one chance to capture Latias or Latios, which one would you capture? What would you nickname him/her if you wanted to give him/her a nickname?
    Latios and nickname it Lati i love the latis can i join? i neva saw this fanclub until just before i must be blind cuz after Zapdos and Raikou Latis are my fav ledgendarys i remember on emerald always keeping my master ball 4 the Laits Latios i would always catch good times good times

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    If you had one chance to capture Latias or Latios, which one would you capture? What would you nickname him/her if you wanted to give him/her a nickname?
    Latios and nickname it Lati i love the latis can i join? i neva saw this fanclub until just before i must be blind cuz after Zapdos and Raikou Latis are my fav ledgendarys i remember on emerald always keeping my master ball 4 the Laits Latios i would always catch good times good times

Of course you can join! Yeah, saving the Master Ball for catching the Latis at the end of the game was tough, especially having to face Kyogre/Groudon beforehand. But of course, it's all worth it in the end.

Sorry for unannounced inactivity on my part again. AP tests are right around the corner so all my time is devoted to them. I hope to get some Lati-related fan art done afterward to post here. :D

By the way, does anyone know any good movesets for Latios? I still haven't trained the one I got from my Ruby yet and I'm a little unsure what to teach him. I don't want him to be a clone of my Latias.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    The best moveset for me is...

Latios @ Lum berry/Scope lens/Wise Glasses
    Rash(My nature)
    Evs: 4HP/252 def./176 sp. def

Calm Mind/Charge beam(not usually recommended...)
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice beam/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball(my move)
    Psychic

My special Calm Mind sweeper!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    The best moveset for me is...

Latios @ Lum berry/Scope lens/Wise Glasses
    Rash(My nature)
    Evs: 4HP/252 def./176 sp. def

Calm Mind/Charge beam(not usually recommended...)
    Dragon Pulse
    Ice beam/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball(my move)
    Psychic

My special Calm Mind sweeper!

Hm, looks promising. I might switch out Dragon Pulse for Energy Ball or something since Latias already knows Dragon Pulse and Thunderbolt. I don't plan on using Latios by himself. I have enough Ice Beamers on my team already. I was considering a Dark move like Dark Pulse or something.

I'll keep thinking... ¦D

In other news, AP testing is done for me, so I'm going to see if I can get some fanart up and running soon!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    In other news, AP testing is done for me, so I'm going to see if I can get some fanart up and running soon!
    I have some fantastic fanart planned, but I have no time. Curse you, college!

As for a Latios moveset? I'd have to think about it, but Smogon is always a good place to start.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    OMG! How did I miss this? I love the pair. I watched Heroes not long ago, and loved it, I cried when Latios died. I have had a beautiful picture made into a poster recently. Here it is.
    The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Beautiful, isn't it?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    That is why I had it made, it is so beautiful.

I would capture/befriend Latias because
    1. Latios has a Job to do.
    2. Latias is really cute.

I wouldn't nickname her though. I like the name Latias.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

That's the topic? :O It's been long since we had a topic here.

Latios obviously, name him Gawain, after the Knights of Arthur.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Awesome picture! Yes Rigel, Latios is *technically* larger, but it's a beautiful pic so WHO CARES!? xD Judging by the symbol, are they OCs?

And I think most people who've known me for a little while would know my answer to the topic. ;3

I'd totally get a Latias named Volta. xP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back