• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • Yeah, I'm talking about those random sketches you did of Latios.

Haha, that's kinda funny. You draw Latias too thin and Latios too fat. d:

I know. Pairo needs to stop hoggin' all the PokéFood and leave some for his sister. :o

Can I join this club!! Latias And Latios are one of my favourie pokemon

Sure you may join! Welcome! :]

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Here's some art I drew myself of my Lati OC Spock (yes he's named after the Vulcan on Star Trek)

This one was drawn by hand and colored in GIMP:
    vhuph3.jpg

This one was drawn by hand and colored with colored pencils:
    25sr9cj.jpg

This one was drawn by hand as well and also colored with colored pencils:
    jaxjly.jpg

If you could please give me your honest opinion on why or why you don't like these pictures. Also if you feel I'm worthy of a watch please watch me on my DA please and thank you.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    For some constructive critism, I say try and get your lines a little smoother, or you could use some kind of pen tool in GIMP, i think there's one. As well as try not to use such base bright colours, they make things look unrealistic. But, good job! I can barely draw Latios, so you've pretty much beaten me on that factor d:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, I find the regular Lasso Tool useless, but the Polygonal Lasso Tool I use almost every day! xD

Thanks, and for anyone who's curious, here's my entry!:

C_E___Lati_Fanclub_devID_by_Saital.png

Also viewable here.

Wow. That pic is FTW.

And xxLatiasxx, your first tries are good, but put more practice into it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Thanks for the comments Viceroy Gawain and Maddaye I'm going to change the colors on Spock and try to get more practice in there isn't a lot of Lati drawing tutorials around so I used a reference to draw Latios I wish there were more tutorials on how to draw the Latis well thanks anyway sometimes I feel that I won't get any better at drawing the Latis but if I don't I don't if I do I do I wish more people would show me how to draw them.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments Viceroy Gawain and Maddaye I'm going to change the colors on Spock and try to get more practice in there isn't a lot of Lati drawing tutorials around so I used a reference to draw Latios I wish there were more tutorials on how to draw the Latis well thanks anyway sometimes I feel that I won't get any better at drawing the Latis but if I don't I don't if I do I do I wish more people would show me how to draw them.

Well, you could always do what I did. When I was first starting out drawing the Latis (and I really sucked when I did) I would either trace or copy original artwork. Eventually, I would get a feel for the shape of the Lati's body and how they could move. I'd say this process for me took quite a few months or almost a year before I got much better, and I'm still practicing and improving today.

For you, I'd also recommend getting some practice with simple pencil lines. Your lines look a little bit rough. Practice drawing relaxed, flowing lines of varying length and curve. Try not to go too slowly, and don't draw too fast either. You need to try to find that certain speed that you're comfortable drawing with. Rough sketching is also great for improving confidence with lines.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Just follow his advice and you'll be a pro in no time! XD

Anyways, it's been ages since we have a topic here, so:

What are the things that make your Latios/Latias recognizable to you?

Gawain's white skin is a bit "whiter" than others, and he wears an aeronaut googles and scarf, plus a right handed battle glove. lolz

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Thanks for the comments Viceroy Gawain and Maddaye I'm going to change the colors on Spock and try to get more practice in there isn't a lot of Lati drawing tutorials around so I used a reference to draw Latios I wish there were more tutorials on how to draw the Latis well thanks anyway sometimes I feel that I won't get any better at drawing the Latis but if I don't I don't if I do I do I wish more people would show me how to draw them.

No problem! :D Good luck with your drawing.

... uh, what do you mean by this? do you mean by OCs?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Yeah, I suppose he's talking about Pokésonas/Latisonas. Well, Volta is pretty distinguishable. She has lightning markings on her arms and wings, has brightly glowing yellow eyes, and wears a severed extension cord around her neck. Pairo has fire markings on his wings and arms, has brightly glowing red eyes, and wears a flame-pattern scarf around his neck.

Volta and Pairo are viewable here:
    [Link]

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Oh look, activity!

Hmm. Well, my Latios redesign has swept-back ears and wings, a split tail, and is a few shades darker than the official design. I don't have an original Latias character in terms of outward appearance, but the one in the Chronicles has a very different demeanor than the canon Latias. She's typically calm and is always thinking, which lends itself to her default facial expression, which I call "the look" for lack of anything more original.

Spoiler:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Oh look, activity!

Hmm. Well, my Latios redesign has swept-back ears and wings, a split tail, and is a few shades darker than the official design. I don't have an original Latias character in terms of outward appearance, but the one in the Chronicles has a very different demeanor than the canon Latias. She's typically calm and is always thinking, which lends itself to her default facial expression, which I call "the look" for lack of anything more original.

Spoiler:

Activity! Who'da thought?!

Also, whatever happened to your Latias with the prosthetic wings? I always found her to be uniquely creative.

Nice pic! Maybe I'll post mine sometime. It'll be AWESOME like volta(except it's a sketch and not photoshopped lolz).

Haha, thanks for the indirect compliment I suppose. x} I look forward to seeing your design.

Also, interesting news in the HG/SS department, at least for myself, who has fallen behind in the news regarding Pokémon games. According to this list on Serebii, Latias and Latios are in fact obtainable in-game without the need to transfer from Sapphire/Emerald. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about this. xD I'd like to challenge myself to catch another near-"perfect" Latias again, and this time not forget to name her Volta. xP

I believe that Latias only roams in HeartGold and Latios only roams in SoulSilver, though it hasn't been confirmed yet. This kind of splits me up, because Latias and Kyogre are in HG while Skarmory is in SS. Guess I'll have to transfer Skarmory then. XD

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • Just follow his advice and you'll be a pro in no time! XD

Anyways, it's been ages since we have a topic here, so:

Gawain's white skin is a bit "whiter" than others, and he wears an aeronaut googles and scarf, plus a right handed battle glove. lolz

Well, my Latios is black, is a robot, and has jet engines...

Spoiler:

Also, here is my latest Latias pic :'D

Spoiler:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Activity! Who'da thought?!

Also, whatever happened to your Latias with the prosthetic wings? I always found her to be uniquely creative.

Haha, thanks for the indirect compliment I suppose. x} I look forward to seeing your design.

Also, interesting news in the HG/SS department, at least for myself, who has fallen behind in the news regarding Pokémon games. According to this list on Serebii, Latias and Latios are in fact obtainable in-game without the need to transfer from Sapphire/Emerald. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about this. xD I'd like to challenge myself to catch another near-"perfect" Latias again, and this time not forget to name her Volta. xP

I believe that Latias only roams in HeartGold and Latios only roams in SoulSilver, though it hasn't been confirmed yet. This kind of splits me up, because Latias and Kyogre are in HG while Skarmory is in SS. Guess I'll have to transfer Skarmory then. XD

That's swell. It's like in R/S, only one is to be obtained in game. In Emerald, you may obtain 2, but one is to be obtained if you have an Eon Ticket(right?). And I don't think it'll be another on in the upcoming events.

Ha. I'll be catching my awesome and Uber Latios(da, da, it has to be Timid. And the name's still Gawain) in HG/SS in Christmas.

^I like all your pic(lol robo-latios). But Latias' eyes are somewhat smallish.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I believe that Latias only roams in HeartGold and Latios only roams in SoulSilver, though it hasn't been confirmed yet. This kind of splits me up, because Latias and Kyogre are in HG while Skarmory is in SS. Guess I'll have to transfer Skarmory then. XD

Really? That's odd, because Latias and Kyogre were originally in the cool-colored Sapphire, while Latios and Groudon were in the warm-colored Ruby. I guess they switched it up then, in which case I'm now getting HeartGold! XD

Oh? She was initially just a nod to an idea I had abandoned, but she is a pretty cool character. Honestly I really don't have anything to use her for. ;_; I could draw her more, but she's just kinda there.

And dude! Lusankya! That art is insane! I need to step it up!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Well, my Latios is black, is a robot, and has jet engines...

Spoiler:

Also, here is my latest Latias pic :'D

Spoiler:

Yeah, I remember you showing that Latios before. That's a very unique idea, and one of the better mecha-Latis I've seen.

I also remember looking at the Latias on deviantART. I agree with Gawain that the eyes are a tad smallish. But the lighting is incredibly dramatic and it has a great effect. One thing I might mention though (And I say this to everybody.), try not to shade with black or highlight with white. Especially with the Soul Dew here (which is really well drawn, I might add), I'd go with a more blue/green hue with the light. Though since she's in a black environment in this picture, black shading is okay for this case.

That's swell. It's like in R/S, only one is to be obtained in game. In Emerald, you may obtain 2, but one is to be obtained if you have an Eon Ticket(right?). And I don't think it'll be another on in the upcoming events.

Ha. I'll be catching my awesome and Uber Latios(da, da, it has to be Timid. And the name's still Gawain) in HG/SS in Christmas.

Yeah, I'll be trying for a Timid again. And hopefully better IV's too. The Timid Latias that I stuck with has her highest IV's in ATK, but it took me a month of soft-resetting to get her, so I didn't want to look for another one. Dx This was on Sapphire too, so the game doesn't go into sleep mode when you close the DS. Since I basically had my DS on for one month straight, some of the pixels began to go a little wonky from being on so long. ¦D Thankfully, they reverted to their original state with time.

Since it's more accepted that a Soul Dew-less Latias can play in the OU-tier, I really hope to get a good one. Though without a Soul Dew, I'm kind of at a loss for what item to give her. Any ideas? Leftovers are already taken.

Really? That's odd, because Latias and Kyogre were originally in the cool-colored Sapphire, while Latios and Groudon were in the warm-colored Ruby. I guess they switched it up then, in which case I'm now getting HeartGold! XD

Yeah, I was going to go for SS because I also wanted to get Lugia earlier in the game, but oh well. :/ Latias and Kyogre are much more important. XD

Oh? She was initially just a nod to an idea I had abandoned, but she is a pretty cool character. Honestly I really don't have anything to use her for. ;_; I could draw her more, but she's just kinda there.

And dude! Lusankya! That art is insane! I need to step it up!

Yeah I think she's really cool. :} You really should draw her more. >:]

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Yeah, I'll be trying for a Timid again. And hopefully better IV's too. The Timid Latias that I stuck with has her highest IV's in ATK, but it took me a month of soft-resetting to get her, so I didn't want to look for another one. Dx This was on Sapphire too, so the game doesn't go into sleep mode when you close the DS. Since I basically had my DS on for one month straight, some of the pixels began to go a little wonky from being on so long. ¦D Thankfully, they reverted to their original state with time.

Since it's more accepted that a Soul Dew-less Latias can play in the OU-tier, I really hope to get a good one. Though without a Soul Dew, I'm kind of at a loss for what item to give her. Any ideas? Leftovers are already taken.

Da, da...

I still suck at what IV are, but I'm good at EV training. I still gonna use the basic super-sweeper 4HP/252SpA/252Spd or the defensive 4HP/252SpA/252SpDef(if i might gonna run into a Rash one:knockedou).

Items? Apart from Soul Dew I use Lum, to unhamper the strategy. Or Salac for the last-ditch move. I've tried using White Herb for Draco Meteor, but it fails when I came across with Intimidators. I've tried Metronome too, and it's OK. I might try using Shell Bell though.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Da, da...

I still suck at what IV are, but I'm good at EV training. I still gonna use the basic super-sweeper 4HP/252SpA/252Spd or the defensive 4HP/252SpA/252SpDef(if i might gonna run into a Rash one:knockedou).

Items? Apart from Soul Dew I use Lum, to unhamper the strategy. Or Salac for the last-ditch move. I've tried using White Herb for Draco Meteor, but it fails when I came across with Intimidators. I've tried Metronome too, and it's OK. I might try using Shell Bell though.

Oh yeah, I already have a Shell Bell on my team too. ^^; And a Lum berry is fairly unnecessary when Latias Safeguard's every 5 turns. Now the Salac berry brings up an interesting point of the low-HP berries. Although the Salac berry itself is not entirely useful for a Timid Latias with max SPD EV's, a Petaya berry is an interesting possibility, since once she's below the threshold (It's 1/3rd, right?), the berry will activate, and then she can simply Recover out of it with a free SP.ATK boost. Slightly risky; but hey, no risk no reward.

Now just to actually get a Petaya berry. :/

Also, more HG/SS stuff. I was reading more into the
    Pokéthlon and how it replaces Pokémon contests. I personally am extremely excited as you can directly control your Pokémon in a variety of events, and you don't need a lame specialized moveset to do well. (I don't think you really need any moveset, but I can't remember.) Your Pokémon's performance is based loosely on their base stats, and the Latis have 5/5 stars in three categories, which is really good. ;D

And check it out! I believe these are Latias's and Latios's forward facing overworld sprites (for when they follow you around and stuff)!

overworldlatias.png
    overworldlatios.png

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    i downloaded the heartgold rom and tried playing it on my flashcart but it freezes when i save. makes me sad so i can't hack myself a lati and make it follow me around :c

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Oh yeah, I already have a Shell Bell on my team too. ^^; And a Lum berry is fairly unnecessary when Latias Safeguard's every 5 turns. Now the Salac berry brings up an interesting point of the low-HP berries. Although the Salac berry itself is not entirely useful for a Timid Latias with max SPD EV's, a Petaya berry is an interesting possibility, since once she's below the threshold (It's 1/3rd, right?), the berry will activate, and then she can simply Recover out of it with a free SP.ATK boost. Slightly risky; but hey, no risk no reward.

Now just to actually get a Petaya berry. :/

Also, more HG/SS stuff. I was reading more into the Pokéthlon and how it replaces Pokémon contests. I personally am extremely excited as you can directly control your Pokémon in a variety of events, and you don't need a lame specialized moveset to do well. (I don't think you really need any moveset, but I can't remember.) Your Pokémon's performance is based loosely on their base stats, and the Latis have 5/5 stars in three categories, which is really good. ;D

And check it out! I believe these are Latias's and Latios's forward facing overworld sprites (for when they follow you around and stuff)!

overworldlatias.png
    overworldlatios.png

Well, I'm talking about Latios:P. Since my Latios lacks Safeguard, and it's unneccessary to use Petaya(since it already has uber-some attack). But hey! Shell Bell's a good idea I think.

I got this set in Pearl(hoping for Platinum along with SS in Christmas)

Latios a.k.a. Gawain @ Soul Dew(if my friends don't permit me this, I'll use Salac)
    Timid
    EV's: 4HP/252 SpA/252Spd

Draco Meteor
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Protect

No Thunderbolt? Don't worry, I've got Electavire to kill Gyrados, or Metagross to tank up. The 1st 2 are a must haves STAB(although I regularly switch out because of 2 DMs). Ice Beam's to kill Dragons(and a complement lolz). Protect is for stalling, and to null Extremespeed or Bulletpunch or other always first moves. And this set is best for doubles('cause I like doubles), otherwise I'll switch in a Thunderbolt/Thunder if it's for Singles.

That's so so called pokemon contest in HG/SS? Nice.

Those sprites? They look like from the PMD's

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back