• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: 4 Swords Anniversary Edition

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • It is not based on the "version on the GameCube". Four Swords Adventures is an entirely different game, a sequel.

I would have liked if they incorporated the single-player formation from FSA into this game instead of just giving you one other Link to play with.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I got it about 2 days ago. I never played the previous ones though. I dont think im that far.
    On the first place, 2nd level? I dont how it works, lol. Though I think I know what to do know (got stuck)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm waiting because my boyfriend and two of my friends are going on a Four Swords double date soon. I downloaded it but I haven't played it at all. I'm nervous because I've never played it before xDD;

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I loved playing the original on GBA but this one was definitely an improvement (especially including SP). I remember having to wait a few weeks for my friend to get it before I could finally play it.

I don't know what my hours are. (Is it actually shown and I'm not noticing it)

Stuff: 3 golden keys, beat 2 Vaati's Palace doors, beat all 3 Realm of Memories doors, working on 2nd door of Hero's Trial, 39,113 Rupees, 0 Medalss of Courage (haven't played MP yet).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I've beaten the main quest, ALttP, and LA. Still need to do the LoZ stage.

The game was mediocre...I played single player and it was pretty clear that it was tacked on and the game was meant to be played multiplayer (as opposed to FSA which had a fully optimized single player mode). I can't even imagine it being that great in multiplayer though - the stages are fairly generic and even the cooperative aspects seemed fairly basic.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm planning to give it a go, provided I find people to play it with =( I already know that Single Player is far less entertaining.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I actually just downloaded it today, although I haven't been playing the single player option. Luckily I have nephews and nieces to play with, and a few DS's lying around haha, so I've been playing the multiplayer option with them.

It's a pretty simple game, but I enjoy most co-op games, although I do like the fact that you don't have to share the same screen. So I can wonder off and I don't have to wait for the other players to catch up with me, which is a feature I quite like, compared to other co-op games where you couldn't advance further if the other person wasn't close enough to you.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I've gotten up to Vaati's Castle in Single Player, and just kinda... stopped. xD;
    I'll continue it sometime this week, but it's probably alot more fun with other people.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...*grabs DSi while reading this thread or she'll forget for the millionth time to download this* >_> I haven't played any of it considering I have a horrible memory but at least when it's on my DS, maybe I'll remember sometime and give it a whirl.

So I obviously haven't played it yet but is it worth playing on your own? Or should I just not touch it until there's a meetup for it? (I know my uni is doing one on Friday, which I can't make, and want to do a few more in the weeks to come...)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • ...*grabs DSi while reading this thread or she'll forget for the millionth time to download this* >_> I haven't played any of it considering I have a horrible memory but at least when it's on my DS, maybe I'll remember sometime and give it a whirl.

So I obviously haven't played it yet but is it worth playing on your own? Or should I just not touch it until there's a meetup for it? (I know my uni is doing one on Friday, which I can't make, and want to do a few more in the weeks to come...)
    Your university is cool. :c

Aaand... I dunno. It is what it is. A last minute multiplayer game that was slapped onto a GBA port of a classic SuperNES game... and now has been rereleased with a lame single-player implementation that was shoehorned in.

I was excited for it because... it's me. XD It's a Zelda game that I wasn't able to play before. And when I heard they were adding single player, I was very interested and hoping for something like was in Four Sword Adventures.

FSA, for those who don't know, is an entirely separate game. A true 2D Zelda title, up to a point. While it could be played with multiple players, it featured a single player mode where you code control all four links using different formations. These formations were crucial to solving dungeons puzzles. You could also move them independently It was an element of strategy. And all four Links could fight at once. And there was a plot. And characters. These are absent in this handheld game.

Here, with this DSi title... you get to have two Links. But you can only play as one at a time. It's only useful for when you have to press two switches down. Which is rather lame and boring.

The plot is entirely bookended. And the dungeons are generated from a serious possible room combinations. So, to that end they feel kind of "unfinished". No characters or overworld.

The retro levels are a great treat though.

I wouldn't imagine it being fun in multiplayer unless you're not really trying to clear the levels and instead just torment each other XD And throw each other in holes. There is an element of competition in who can collect the most rupees at the end of the stage, but big whoop. Which can also be said of FSA multiplayer, but that game is several millions time better than plain FS to begin with.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • II'm glad they released it as DSiWare, mainly because I never actually knew anyone else who had the GBA version in real life (apart from myself, of course.). XD 've been playing it for a bit on my 3DS, both single-player and multi-player. Multiplayer is pretty cool, and it's pretty hilarious when you throw a pot on someone elses head. XD Anywho, I played through most of the game alone, and I got to the ALttP stages, and then I kinda lost interest. XD It's good, but it does get a tad repetitive after a while. :s

brandoneball

Victini!
    Years
  • I made it to the third door on the Hero's Trail (Door 1 Opens up after you get 300,000 rupees) I can't beat the third floor though! Beat the Hall of Memories, got one golden key, the rest of them silver, and beat the first of the final three bosses!

Back