• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Welcome new members.

I have returned with the history of Hyrule that I've come up with so far:

To set the stage for the Legend of Zelda, one must come to know of the Triforce and the History of Hyrule. It is an ancient myth about the three gods who are worshipped in Hyrule. The Hylians (whom Hyrule is named after) were the people closest to the gods. In their writings left behind for their descendants, it is written that the three gods created the state of heaven and earth.

Before time began, before spirits and life existed, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule and gave order and life to the world. Din, the goddess of power. Nayru, the goddess of courage. AndFarore, the goddess of courage. Din, with her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land, dyed the mountains red with fire, and created the red earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth, created science and magic, and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore, with her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law. The three great goddesses, their labours completed, departed for the heavens and golden sacred triangles remained to govern the land at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of Hyrule's providence and the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm.

The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of gods somewhere in Hyrule. The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands. If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity. If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil.

The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart of one who enters it. If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise. The Triforce, the sacred triangle, is a balance that weighs the three forces - Power, Wisdom, and Courage. It would shine continuously in the Sacred Realm, somewhere in the world, until one who was worthy of inheriting those forces appeared. If the heart of the one who touches the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all. But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts - Power, Wisdom, and Courage - and a Hero is destined to appear and he alone must face the person who unleashed the Great Cataclysm. If the evil one destroys the Hero, nothing can save the world from his wicked reign. Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce, the part representing the force that one most believes in. If that one seeks the True Force, that one must acquire the two lost parts. Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the Triforce mark on the backs of their hands - the "Ruler of Power", the "Administrator of Wisdom", or the "Forger of Courage".

The Hylian people, who left behind these written records, were a chosen people able to hear the voices of the gods. For that reason, the Hylians have long ears, unsurpassed senses, and the ability to use magic. Their descendants spread to various places and passed on tales of their magic and prophecies.

Hyrule is an area very much tied to myth and many ruins of the Hylian people remain there. One such example is an old saying associated with the Triforce. The golden power lies somewhere below the heavens and he who touches it will have whatever he desires granted.

For ages, the people lived at ease with their hearts being deeply faithful. The world was at peace. But soon, word of the Sacred Realm spread and a rivalry ensued over Hyrule - the holy land. The people, seeking the power of the gods, began searching for the Sacred Realm. Information began to surface; in a deep forest, on a high mountain, under a vast lake, beneath the relics of the desert, within the graves of the Goron. But, no one ever found it. Yearning soon became greed and it was not uncommon for blood to be shed for any information. The people had to live days of unrest. People who excelled at powerful sorcery had appeared and they tried to conquer the holy land. It was then that the goddesses ordered the three light spirits (Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru) to intervene and seal away the great magic those individuals had master - the Fused Shadow.

Chased by the gods across the Sacred Realm of Hyrule, they were driven into another realm entirely. It was another world. The antithesis of Hyrule, were the sun shines bright. Since that territory could never mingle with the light, it was referred to as the Twilight Realm. The people who were dumped into the Twilight Realm were not permitted to return to the original world. They were forever doomed to live as shadows of Hyrule amidst the gloom. They were banished.

The King of Hyrule gathered the Seven Sages, appointed as tutors to the young Princess Zelda, to find a way to seal the entrance to the Sacred Realm so that his kingdom would be safe from further evil. The ancient Sages then built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm and the Triforce from evil ones. The Temple of Light, situated in the very centre of the Sacred Realm, housed the Triforce. Within the Temple of Time, the Master Sword sealed the entrance to the Sacred Realm. The Master Sword, the blade of evil's bane, was crafted by the wisdom of the ancient sages and is a sacred blade that evil can never touch. The entrance through which one can enter the Sacred Realm from the world of Hyrule is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. In order to open the door, it is said that one needs to collect three Spiritual Stones - the Kokiri's Emerald, the Spiritual Stone of the Forest; the Goron's Ruby, the Spiritual Stone of the Fire; and Zora's Sapphire, the Spiritual Stone of Water. The Door of Time could only be opened with the three Spiritual Stones and the Song of Time, played upon the Ocarina of Time - a treasure kept by the Royal Family.

I still need to add the Oocca and the Picori. But, what do you think?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Hi, Triforce. =3
    So far it sounds really good. :o It's enjoyable to read, unlike some other 'scientific' texts. XD But It's clear that you take the storyline (and the legend that's been told) of Ocarina of Time as the basics. :)
    Not that I mind though. It says most things that happened before the creation of Hyrule.
    I remember the thing of the righteous and evil one touching the Triforce and changing the realm in the 'A Link to the past'-manga, if I'm not mistaken.
    The 7 sages is used in more stories, isn't it?
    Just one more question: Are you going to do the rest of Hyrule, meaning adding all of the other Zelda games in it?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Hi, Triforce. =3
    So far it sounds really good. :o It's enjoyable to read, unlike some other 'scientific' texts. XD But It's clear that you take the storyline (and the legend that's been told) of Ocarina of Time as the basics. :)
    Not that I mind though. It says most things that happened before the creation of Hyrule.
    I remember the thing of the righteous and evil one touching the Triforce and changing the realm in the 'A Link to the past'-manga, if I'm not mistaken.
    The 7 sages is used in more stories, isn't it?
    Just one more question: Are you going to do the rest of Hyrule, meaning adding all of the other Zelda games in it?
    No manga involved here. Using the English and Japanese OoT text, Japanese ALttP text, English and Japanese TP text, and English TMC text. All from the game. I think the part you're referring to I took from OoT.

And, nope :x Adding all the games would make this a timeline theory. I have ideas floating around but much to difficult to write. Short-hand conventions are much easier for split-timelines. When TWW first came out, I had a big single-timeline document. It was eleven pages. Doing that again with all the newer games, plus explaining the split would be much too long. The info presented here will be most everything pre-TMC ('cause in my timeline TMC is before OoT)

And..reading that over. I didn't specifically mention that the people chased out of Hyrule became the Twili. Oops XD Should fix that later

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    I really want a new zelda game. I think pretty soon (probably for christmas) Im gonig to ask for 2 wii point cards and probably buy some games :D I really want OOT and probably more zelda games.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Wait... Power Point for what again? Or is it just for people who can't draw Link? *Raises hand that he can't draw Link* Hahahaha....

And where the heck did everyone go? Don't tell me... That's right... MID-TERMS! Yuck... XD

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    It's a Power Point on How to actually DRAW Link. I drew steps on how to do it on my computer. It was a little tedious, but I got it done. For the music, I used the Twilight Princess Hyrule Field theme. I think my project went over well.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
    Happy Halloween everyone!

I got a Twilight Princess guide book the other day after I found a 15.00 Game Stop gift certificate on my bus! How lucky was that?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Happy Halloween everyone~

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club

Have a awesome time with Dark Link.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Bah... My halloween... was truly hallow... hahaha... I did nothing... but sit and draw pumpkins... then I threw them out.... What a total waste... I was thinking of carving a Link outline on the extra pumpkin I had... (Which was hard as heck... XDD) But then I said no... and did Navi instead! Hahaha... A big hole with small wing outlines.... I'd show it to you guys if I didn't toss it... *teary*

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    It's been a looooonnnnggg time since I posted here. I got the Wind waker a few weeks ago. (Used, from gamestop with my Edge card. :) It's pretty fun.What annoys me in that game is the Earth Temple...

Spoiler:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Gathering heartpieces is fun. 8D I've been playing TP for 3 (or 4) times now, and I still find hidden places I never spotted before. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back