• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Series or Final Fantasy Series?

The Legend of Zelda Series or Final Fantasy Series?

• The Legend of Zelda Series

Votes: 37 61.7%
  • Final Fantasy Series

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

bendrawslife

Drawing the day away.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I'm going to have to go with Final Fantasy. As much as I love some of the Legend of Zelda series, I've never gotten as emotionally invested in the plot/characters as I have with Final Fantasy. Of course, this is only up until Final Fantasy 7. Everything after that has gone downhill. So, basically, Final Fantasy 4, 6, and 7 win out above most games in existence for me, really.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    I grew up playing zelda so you can guess which one i enjoy more. I only recently got into final fantasy, so it can not compete with what made me become a gamer...

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Personally I enjoy the Legend of Zelda series way more it's just more action packed.Not saying FF aint, but LoZ is just better. :p

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I love them both, but I find Zelda is more consistently good. I really like certain Final Fantasy games but others I just played for completion's sake.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I like Final Fantasy..... simply because the combat keeps changing and it gets more engaging. Plus the environments look EPIC.

I also like Legend of Zelda, but I don't like dungeon crawling and lots of puzzles. In Final Fantasy, particularly Final Fantasy XIII, there is less puzzles, and less frustration for me. :D

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    hmmm...i cant choose
    i like them both for differant reasons. I guess it depends on what mood i'm in.
    right now, i feel like playing zelda. so zelda it is!

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I know that some people who plays the Nintendo games love The Legend of Zelda Series while some people who plays the PlayStation games love Final Fantasy Series.

Zelda or Final Fantasy: The eternal conundrum...

Well, it just so happens that there was a time when you could plays the Nintendo games, and still plays both Final Fantasy and Zelda. So that makes it an even harder decision. I guess it really depends on my mood. Zelda games are about one thing: big freaking dungeons. And Final Fantasy is more about storyline (though the recent storylines have left alot to be desired). So it really depends on what I feel like playing at the time.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I have to say the Legend of Zelda games. I jumped into both series rather late (as in Wind Waker for Zelda and FF10 for Final Fantasy), and Zelda is just so much easier to get into. It might just be that I'm an old-skool veteran of Metroid games and the two series share a lot of similarities. I do intend to try my hand at getting into the FF series again some day, but I'm low on funds at the moment. >.<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've never even played FF, so I guess it wouldn't be fair for me to say anything. But I do wanna play the new FF, and I would have gotten it, but when I move out of my house, I can't take the 360 with me. But I've love LoZ for years and Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite games (go figure...). So my vote goes to LoZ.

DjKniteX

A trainer that is a musician
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2023
    I would have chose both if there was an option for that, but I chose Zelda, because of the action hack and slash game. But FF series is pretty good too, 7,9, and 11 were my favorite

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    My vote goes to Zelda. The FF games that I've played never managed to suck me in like the the Zelda games did. So here it is... For Hyrule it is.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I really like playing Zelda and Final Fantasy. My favorite game from each series are Orcarina of Time and Final Fantasy XII. Both were fun to play and I didn't regret any hours playing them.

If it comes down to the both of them, I would eventually pick Zelda. Final Fantasy was action-packed, no doubt. However, Zelda was a game where you can just kick back and relax as your Cucco is flying you across the room.

Besides, Ganon is amazing. Sephiroth is just a scary dude with a big sword. n___n

Years
    for zelda, i was only a fan of ocarina of time.
    for final fantasy, i loved several of them.
    for gameplay, i would have to say zelda wins, but since this topic is about the series as a whole... i guess i'm gonna have to go with final fantasy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I haven't really played FF all that much, only played some of the older ones. I have played almost all the Zelda games, and each one is simply brilliant. It's Zelda for me.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Final Fantasy, hands down. The Legend of Zelda games are alright, but after a week of playing Final Fantasy non-stop, the games just too boring for me. There isn't enough action. They aren't bad at all (the poll shows that), but I just prefer Final Fantasy. I have to agree that graphics aren't everything though. Final Fantasy IV and VI are my two favourite Final Fantasy games ever. I've been playing them for as long as I can remember.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I've only played a couple of the Zelda games but I own most of the FFs.

I much prefer FF on the basis that there's a different game for everyone, different characters, different story, everything.

Whereas Zelda, if you don't like the character in one game, chances are you may not like him/her in others either since more likely than not they'll be in that too.

That's just my opinion anyways.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    I prefer the Legend of Zelda for the awesome story. The Final Fantasy games have a great story, sure, but some of them are just bleh.

The gameplay in LoZ is a whole lot better, in my opinion. The puzzles (albeit not that difficult sometimes) are fun, and worthwhile. The characters that never have actual voice acting are still lovable. And Ganondorf is one of the coolest bad guys ever.

I played a little bit of FF7 and I don't see why people call it the best game ever. Honestly, I liked FF2 better than that.

OoT ,on the other hand, has got to be one of the greatest games ever. I can go back and play that one over and over again. It's almost flawless.

Back