• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Level Problem

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Oh, I'm sure they'll fix it. Platinum had the levels down perfectly: a bit lower than D/P but more of a challenge because of the increased AI level. I really hope they do something like this for HGSS. [S-HIGHLIGHT]If the Johto GLs go at the same pace as D/P/Pt then the Kanto GLs and Red will be a real challenge, possibly going into the level 90+ range. And let's not even brush upon the possibility of rematches...[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

[S-HIGHLIGHT]It would just be too delicious.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

:mudkip^_^:

That would be simply EPIC. Finally, we would (possibly) be able to have a full-fledged Lv. 100 fight that is not in the Battle Tower (or variants thereof). I hope that Game Freak does increase the Wild Pokemon levels a bit for training. And the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 really need their Pokemon's levels ramped up, after how weak they are compared to other region counterparts.

In the Kanto storyline, Wild Pokemon should only be bumped up a bit (to what they would be in RBY+FR/LG), not high enough to match your own Pokemon. The HG/SS Kanto Pokemon League, however, is another story. Brock should at least have Pokemon stronger than Claire's, Misty's Pokemon stronger than Brock's, and so on. Otherwise, the Kanto Pokemon League needs to have at least decently leveled-up Pokemon. And with rematches, I should really expect a challenge! :D

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    the levels were a bit low but i dont remember them being that bad. I remember how i would train my togepi as hard as i could to make it evolve through wild pokemon and got it to level 36 or something by the 3rd gym. My quilava was on a highish level too. But yeah that should even it out a little bit more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I actually want wild Pokemons and normal trainers' Pokemons to be low-leveled.
    That adds to the toughness and fun AND realisticness of the game.

I only want the gym leaders, elite four, and some special trainer to have high-leveled Pokemons.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Well it was really annyoing earlier. The most ridiculous part had Lance. His Pokémon seemed to lose levels from R/B/Y to G/S/C?

I hope that this time the Ilex Forests Pokémon start at level 7 or 8 and go until 13/14 and not from 4 - 6 (I mean the rivals strongest Pokémon was 17 and the leaders one 16 so why so low leveled?)

That would be on of the few things which might could ruin game play fun a bit.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    No but they had no problem adding a second variante of Indigo in FR/LG where the levels are close to 80. So why not making the GYM leaders of Kanto close to 80 and Red close to 90 or 95. That would at least be one game where you start at 5 and finally end close up to 100, or not?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree, levels were way too low compared to how we have it now. I say boost up the Johto gyms, add in another league if need be, boost up the Kanto gyms to about the 70s and 80s, have Red at his 90s, and the Elite can be pretty vile with levels too. It'll be about time the game gets some challenging fun to it, because it is something a lot of gamers have been waiting to gain in the Pokémon metagames.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Well, the way it is currently is too hard, but isn't that why gamers prefer games? The challenge? I prefer it when Wild levels are low. Makes you plan it out, and also gives me a challenge, which I love, seeing as normally I only use 1 or 2 pokemon throughout the E4 (Starter and Legendary Bird). But with training your whole team... It could be harder, but why play a game that is too easy?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus, when I played Crystal and saw how low levels were of the wold Pokémon I could barely get anything done, so having a complete team of six wasn't going to work for me, and Feraligtr himself could have swiped through the game well enough at the time. This time, I'm expecting more of the challenge so I can finally build that team of 6 in the Johto and have fun and challenge while I do so.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Actually, whilst we are on how people make teams, if they made an option at the beginning about Wild Pokemon (2 options, Easy and Hard, Easy having higher leveled Pokemon, hard having Lower Leveled Wild Pokemon), it then sorts this out. i doubt there will be a option, but if there was, sweet.

But if it is the same as the old games, adds a challenge to make us play it more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yh its annyoing u wanna lvl up quickly but they're too weak so it takes longer.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hopefully that problem will get fixed. The option idea, as good as it sounds, to me is unlikely.

Years
    As long as you get a lot of experience on your level 5 Chikorita by battling a level 2 Pidgey, I'll be satisfied. I don't care about the levels, I care about how much exp you get and how much it is for the next level.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, I agree with the exp. points, but the only way you'll get enough to boost up your levels faster is if they raise the levels of trainers, gyms, elites, and the wild encounters.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Not only raise the wild encounters, but also increase the number of trainers you can battle on the road. It takes me so long in Platinum because there aren't any trainers that give you high exp. It's all about exp really. More of that, then that'll sort this right out.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well lets see, if they change the way you get the National Pokédex to how we had it in DPPt, as in just sighting every Pokémon in the Johto Dex, then I'd definitely expect more trainers with more of a variety as well so it'll allow us to see them all by the time we get to the end. So, hopefully if that idea would be implemented into the game, then trianers would have increased leveled team rosters, which I think will be a great benefit for the players who are planning to purchase the game.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Yeah.. They need to boost up the level of the trainers/gym leaders especially Elite Four.. Maybe the Team Rocket Grunts? So the exp gain will be soo high am i right?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I would love if they boosted up Team Rocket, I mean they need it after 3 years since Kanto.

Back