• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The little things that you hope come back.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I don't have any objections to it but I think the idea should be tweaked. Though some many people want it back it should come if possible but made optional. The only thing I didnt like with HG/SS was that you couldn't turn it off. It also looked weird that you were the only one that had the option in the game. I think the Rival should have it as well if yours is turned on. It only makes sense.

Technically they did have the option - Ethan/Lyra had a Marill following them in HGSS, I guess Silver's just not the kind of trainer that would let their Pokemon out of their Pokeball for reasons other than battling. Lots of NPCs also have their Pokemon walking around them, too, not just in HGSS, but in practically all the games, so I always thought it was unfair I only had that option in a few of the games, haha.

But I agree, it should definitely be an optional feature so that people who don't want it all the time could turn it off.

If they do implement this in ORAS, I think they should make it so only certain smaller Pokemon can be followers - clearly you can't have a Wailord or even Onix walking behind you in the game, they're massive. That way they don't have to making walking models for hundreds of Pokemon, too.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I just really enjoyed my Pokes following me, especially my Staraptor, it gave me the sense of connection. It was also fun having my Pokemon react to what I'm doing. It was just so much fun. And if they add 3D models, it would look so cool.

Years
    If they do implement this in ORAS, I think they should make it so only certain smaller Pokemon can be followers - clearly you can't have a Wailord or even Onix walking behind you in the game, they're massive. That way they don't have to making walking models for hundreds of Pokemon, too.
    I'd expect them to limit it to small/baby pokemon and bipedal pokemon under a certain wait. Or just limited to first stage pokemon.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    It would be cool if Wally had his Ralts beside him whenever you see him out of battle.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I think it would be a fun feature to see return! I loved having my Ninetales following me everywhere in HG/SS.

However I also think having it be restricted to smaller Pokemon would be a good idea.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I was actually just thinking of this a few days ago. O_O I think it would be really cool if they brought it back. However, you have to remember that it was an Silver/Gold and HGSS original idea, so the possibility of it being in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is kind of slim. :/

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I was actually just thinking of this a few days ago. O_O I think it would be really cool if they brought it back. However, you have to remember that it was an Silver/Gold and HGSS original idea, so the possibility of it being in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is kind of slim. :/

That's true... However, we don't know. They won't release any info about the game, they tease us and then just don't release any info. I think that's why I, and everyone else, are stressing out about this remake. I don't think they are going to add this though. I DO hope that if they return secret bases, that we can place our Pokemon anywhere we want when we go inside so that we get the feel that our Pokemon are in the place, chilling out with us.

Years
    Honestly, I feel like if they wanted the Follow-me feature to continue, it would've been implemented in Gen V and VI, and obviously it wasn't. Now, that may change come ORAS, but to me I feel like it was a one-and-done type of deal. Which is unfortunate, because I really enjoyed having my Pokemon follow me around. :[

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Oh. my. god. Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks.

Holy cow I miss those like no other. After seeing Sylveon's reveal for X&Y I had my fingers crossed for contests to return.
    And now that we're back in Hoenn, pleaaaase let the contests return.

So much nostalgic value.~

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Honestly, I feel like if they wanted the Follow-me feature to continue, it would've been implemented in Gen V and VI, and obviously it wasn't. Now, that may change come ORAS, but to me I feel like it was a one-and-done type of deal. Which is unfortunate, because I really enjoyed having my Pokemon follow me around. :[
    Eh, 3D makes things a bit complicated. You need to keep in mind that GameFreak would have to create 700+ models (probably) and distinct walking animations for these Pokemon. There's also an issue of larger Pokemon following you have their walk cycle seem a bit jumpy because it either has to move too fast or it isn't always able to complete the animation.
    You can kind of see what I'm talking about in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

Years
    Eh, 3D makes things a bit complicated. You need to keep in mind that GameFreak would have to create 700+ models (probably) and distinct walking animations for these Pokemon. There's also an issue of larger Pokemon following you have their walk cycle seem a bit jumpy because it either has to move too fast or it isn't always able to complete the animation.
    You can kind of see what I'm talking about in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

Of course, you're absolutely right. Game Freak is a large corporation though, and it would be a great way to sell these remakes. I think if they really felt it would increase their profit of ORAS, they would find a way to implement the feature. But, for the reasons you mentioned, it's very unlikely that the pros outweigh the cons in this situation. :[

Back