• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The Manor: Enter if you Dare...

Years
I just saw a trailer for Don't Look Deeper. It looks like a super, creepy and different sci-fi/horror film coming to Quibi. I'd like to see it.

I also would love to settle down to The Most Dangerous Game with the great Christoph Waltz, though perhaps thriller a more accurate genre descriptor for that one. It looks like it will have intense, scary moments though and lunatic characters.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
That does look interesting, but I don't know if I would get Quibi.

On another topic, I have been trying to look into making some Halloween decorations since I don't know if I'll be out that much due to the ongoing circumstances. I think that I'll be starting with a creepy doll makeover using an old doll with cloudy, orangish eyes. Anybody else making their own decorations this year?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I would be but Halloween died where I live. :( We had three years in a row where it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and now... no one ever shows up. And I live in some pretty prime trick or treating territory so idk what the problem is. But with covid being an issue this year I doubt even more so that I'll ever see a Halloween again. There's no point in putting max effort into decorations no one will ever see.
(;へ:)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Sad to say that Halloween would be radically changed for this year, but I still have my own plans (D&D, Tarot Card reading, etc.). It's all about adjusting for the current circumstances and being as flexible as possible.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
See that sounds like a lovely evening! I was thinking of buying some prosthetics and practicing some of my SFX skills but it's just not as fun when no one visits. :( Might end up doing a movie night with the hubby but he doesn't like scary movies soooo... rip.

You know, we should host a scary movie night on Halloween for members here! That would be a fun evening. :)

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
See that sounds like a lovely evening! I was thinking of buying some prosthetics and practicing some of my SFX skills but it's just not as fun when no one visits. :( Might end up doing a movie night with the hubby but he doesn't like scary movies soooo... rip.

You know, we should host a scary movie night on Halloween for members here! That would be a fun evening. :)

I don't know how we'd do a movie night, since I don't have an account for any streaming service.

Years
Frank Herbert's Dune is a science fiction classic that has elements of horror, and it looks like the 2020 film version is going to emphasize the darker qualities. Oscar Isaac, who plays Duke Leo and looks good in the part, says about the film, "I couldn't imagine anyone more suited for the tone of the original Frank Herbert novels than Denis (Villeneuve, the director). There are some things that are — for lack of a better word — nightmarish about what you see… There's just this kind of brutalist element to it. It's shocking. It's scary. It's very visceral."

Here's the trailer if anyone is interested.

I think the visuals look great. I like the way the dreams are presented, and love the way the worm looks. I never liked the sandworm puppet in the 1984 movie version. Also Charlotte Rampling has such an arresting presence in this as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, her voice is just magic, and that saying something because I adored Sian Phillips in the 80s movie too. Both are talented actresses with such strong faces.

Zendaya I think looks gorgeous as Paul's true love Chani. But who I'm not sure about in the cast is Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides himself. The way he is reading the dialogue makes me wonder if he can pull off "the voice" to control others. I know he's like only 15 in the book, but I just think his quality might not be mature enough. I don't know if he has the strength of presence, and don't really see him as a fighter or military strategist. But then again, I've only seen a little clip, and don't know this actor from other things, so I'm open to having my mind changed.

Who I am thrilled about being in this is the riveting Rebecca Ferguson who will play Lady Jessica. Stellan Skarsgard and Jarvier are also top tier titans of the acting world, so I have full confidence in them in the roles of the villainous Baron Harkonnen and the leader of the Fremen tribe Stilgar respectively.

I can't wait to see who plays St. Alia of the Knife.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Frank Herbert's Dune is a science fiction classic that has elements of horror, and it looks like the 2020 film version is going to emphasize the darker qualities. Oscar Isaac, who plays Duke Leo and looks good in the part, says about the film, "I couldn't imagine anyone more suited for the tone of the original Frank Herbert novels than Denis (Villeneuve, the director). There are some things that are — for lack of a better word — nightmarish about what you see… There's just this kind of brutalist element to it. It's shocking. It's scary. It's very visceral."

Here's the trailer if anyone is interested.

I think the visuals look great. I like the way the dreams are presented, and love the way the worm looks. I never liked the sandworm puppet in the 1984 movie version. Also Charlotte Rampling has such an arresting presence in this as Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, her voice is just magic, and that saying something because I adored Sian Phillips in the 80s movie too. Both are talented actresses with such strong faces.

Zendaya I think looks gorgeous as Paul's true love Chani. But who I'm not sure about in the cast is Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides himself. The way he is reading the dialogue makes me wonder if he can pull off "the voice" to control others. I know he's like only 15 in the book, but I just think his quality might not be mature enough. I don't know if he has the strength of presence, and don't really see him as a fighter or military strategist. But then again, I've only seen a little clip, and don't know this actor from other things, so I'm open to having my mind changed.

Who I am thrilled about being in this is the riveting Rebecca Ferguson who will play Lady Jessica. Stellan Skarsgard and Jarvier are also top tier titans of the acting world, so I have full confidence in them in the roles of the villainous Baron Harkonnen and the leader of the Fremen tribe Stilgar respectively.

I can't wait to see who plays St. Alia of the Knife.

I haven't seen the original, but now I plan to.

Years
I didn't know that The Craft was getting an update. I always kinda liked that movie. I just saw this by chance as an advertisement while waiting to watch a poketuber's Crown Tundra upload.

At the beginning of the trailer I thought it was a remake since the basic situation and characters looked similar to the original I.e girl moves to new city, struggles to fit in at school, meets jerky guys, befriended by 3 wiccan girls who realize that she has special powers that she didn't know she had and when their 4 gifts combine they become a force to be reckoned with, taking revenge on those who bullied them. I think the actresses playing the main four girls even physically resemble the cast from the 90s version generally. I thought the protagonist was going to be Sarah.

However, as the trailer continued I began to think sequel instead of remake. The main thing that tipped me off was the photograph of Nancy/Fairuza Balk.

Instead of Sarah, now I wonder if the main girl is going to be the daughter actually of Nancy from the original? They style her the most like Nancy, pale and short dark hair, that photograph of Nancy she was looking at may be a clue.

Also at first I was thinking along with lines of living with step parents and step siblings since Sarah's mother had died in the original and she was living with her dad, and a step mother, but now I'm thinking her whole family might be adopted and she's going to be Nancy's kid, and is on a journey to discover who her mother really was. It looks like this girl may lose her way also, which seems like history repeating itself since Nancy was the most haunted, and while she was extremely powerful she also gets drunk on the power.

Anyway this new movie looks really good to me. I want to see it for sure.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
So has anyone heard of this game known as Phasmophobia? From what I've heard, it appears to be a cooperative ghost hunting simulator that looks fun with some reactions that I've seen. I wish I had a Steam account so that I could play it with friends or Pokecommunity members.

Years
Since today is Halloween I thought I would ask at the mansion if anybody has holiday plans for this weekend?

I rented some sci-fi, fantasy and horror movies to pass the hours. I picked up A Quiet Place, Arrival and Crampus. I haven't seen any of these movies before, so though they have been out for a couple of years they will be brand new for me.

I have a jack-o-lantern to carve up this afternoon, and will roast the leftover pumpkin seeds in canola oil with spices and sea salt for a movie snack as I drink a cup of hot apple cider.

Let me know who your favorite ghost Pokemon is boys and ghouls! Mine is Gengar! I also adore Spectrier, Mimikyu and Dragapault.

Years
I performed a tarot reading myself this evening actually. Since in this manor tarot and other forms of divination are part of the conversation I shall share my recent experience.

I haven't done this in years, but it was good to look at the cards again. I have been in a state of almost constant stress and uncertainty lately, and this was a helpful spiritual form of counsel for me. I found it cathartic, and the path forward seems a little clearer to me now. I feel hopeful.

I used my old friend The Hermetic Tarot deck to perform this reading. That's a 70s deck in the Golden Dawn tradition, and it always catches the eyes of friends because the cards are all black and white. I own other decks of cards, but this one I have a special kind of synergy with. After receiving this pack as a gift many years ago, it's the only deck I go to now, nothing else does it for me. Think of it as a wand in Olivander's shop choosing the wizard.

I did a reading about money matters, and the cards were straight to the point, as this deck always seems to be with me, answering almost everything in pentacles.

The first card of the reading was the Nine of Pentacles in the past position. This makes sense. This is the satisfaction card, it's comfort. As it translates to my life it was previously a time of abundance. It was easy, and I was sitting proud. I had savings, and felt secure.

In the present there's The Devil. This is a card that shows destructive emotional bondage and the trappings of our human weaknesses, the demons that plague us. This is not my favorite card to draw. I usually see it when I fall into a situation of adversity and feel powerless to do anything about it. It's shown up in readings for instance when I have been depressed over a breakup in romance, or when a loved one has died. In the context of the question I was asking and the cards surrounding it however, the Devil's not so scary this time.

I have been in heavy anxiety lately about the near future. I have also been wounded by others, including someone close to me, and it is actually connected to my economic situation too, worry has been eatting me alive, putting some dark thoughts in my head due. The devil is that insecurity. When you see the devil in a reading you must break free of something, and I think I know what it is. I am going to have to go after the things I want in life, and not stay in a situation of dependency. God bless the child that's got it's own. Which brings me to the next card...

The future is the 8 of Pentacles. That means hard work, dedication, improvement, and creating something of value. I currently have business endeavors underway, and the cards foreshadows the enterprise, some of the products I will be making, classes that will be taken, and the opportunity to put my talents on display. The future looks positive if I remain devoted to what I do. It will not be easy, but I'm building something. The message I should heed from the devil is that my life is in my own hands. Self-determination is my salvation.

For a clarification card/the outcome I drew the Ace of Pentacles. This is very assuring. This card is a new opportunity being offered, some money is coming in. So grants/commissions/payments. This card is very straightforward and it's something good. Though I haven't had much confidence and I have some development to do, which is why the devil shows himself to me, things will work out in an exciting way. This is prosperity and fresh beginnings. Very good sign for the family business.

So I am reflecting on the spiritual guidance I have received and grateful for it. I feel at peace tonight.

Back