• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Metal thread.

groteske

lurker
Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Oh now it's been bumped I have to post again...

Toxic Holocaust released a new album this month, which I think is decent. Reminds me of old school thrash. Havok are also doing some thrash revival, their album Time is Up was released earlier this year, but they still need more exposure.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't kept up with TH. Loved Evil Never Dies so I'll check out their newest.

You ought to look into the band Vindicator - MA page - they've got some great thrash and put on an even better live show. Definitely worth seeing if they come out your way. They're the only thrash group I've seen that wasn't some huge name and was actually really really decent.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Of Mice & Men's new album is one of my favorite things I've ever heard...
    I want to get Attila's new one too...
    I want Attack Attack's next album to be more like Last Breath and Pick A Side.
    I'm excited for Woe, Is Me's new album.
    I haven't listened to much of I Set My Friends On Fire's new album at all, but judging from their last album and the two songs I have heard from them, it seems like it's good.
    Would That's Outrageous count? If so, I think if they had more songs like The New York Chainsaw Massacre...
    If Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens count too, then I'd flip out for a collab between Vic Fluentes and Kellin Quinn.... New music from Pierce The Veil would be awesome too.
    Alesana's second album(?), The Emptiness, is still beautiful after many, many, many, repeats.
    I'm not exactly fond of Dream On, Dreamer's new songs with Rise, but the Hope EP was absolutely beautiful.
    I like Memphis May Fire's album, The Hollow, but I feel that Between The Lies is even better.
    The Bunny The Bear, Abandon All Ships, and Breath Carolina are really good... I want another album from AAS, since TBTB and Breath Carolina just came out with one....
    I Am Abomination is really good too...

Years
  • My favorites are:
    Avenged Sevenfold's first two albums Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Waking the Fallen(metalcore)
    The Facless (melo death)
    All That Remains (metalcore)
    As I Lay Dying (metalcore)
    Mayhem (black metal)
    Sigh (I don't know)
    Slipknot (nu metal)
    Mudvayne (nu metal/mathcore)
    Slayer (thrash)
    Death (death metal)

Stuff like that

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Of Mice & Men's new album is one of my favorite things I've ever heard...
    I want to get Attila's new one too...
    I want Attack Attack's next album to be more like Last Breath and Pick A Side.
    I'm excited for Woe, Is Me's new album.
    I haven't listened to much of I Set My Friends On Fire's new album at all, but judging from their last album and the two songs I have heard from them, it seems like it's good.
    Would That's Outrageous count? If so, I think if they had more songs like The New York Chainsaw Massacre...
    If Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens count too, then I'd flip out for a collab between Vic Fluentes and Kellin Quinn.... New music from Pierce The Veil would be awesome too.
    Alesana's second album(?), The Emptiness, is still beautiful after many, many, many, repeats.
    I'm not exactly fond of Dream On, Dreamer's new songs with Rise, but the Hope EP was absolutely beautiful.
    I like Memphis May Fire's album, The Hollow, but I feel that Between The Lies is even better.
    The Bunny The Bear, Abandon All Ships, and Breath Carolina are really good... I want another album from AAS, since TBTB and Breath Carolina just came out with one....
    I Am Abomination is really good too...
    Of Mice & Men's new album is amazing, Attila is freaking sick, Attack Attack!'s reissue is good, but I thought they were gonna redo all the vocals on the older songs, since Caleb is doing screams and cleans now, but they didn't. :\

Memphis May Fire is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the vocal contest. Dream On, Dreamer is amazing, as well. I love the song Chapter: Desired Performance. :> Woe, Is Me is my favorite band! :D

ISMFOF and SLS are other great bands. :D I've never heard of The Bunny The Bear before, though... :\

I've been listening to Betraying the Martyrs a lot lately. Mostly the song Martyrs, because it's my favorite one.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really liked Memphis May Fire's debut EP, but the stuff after that just didn't give me the same effect. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Of Mice & Men's new album is amazing, Attila is freaking sick, Attack Attack!'s reissue is good, but I thought they were gonna redo all the vocals on the older songs, since Caleb is doing screams and cleans now, but they didn't. :\

Memphis May Fire is amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the vocal contest. Dream On, Dreamer is amazing, as well. I love the song Chapter: Desired Performance. :> Woe, Is Me is my favorite band! :D

ISMFOF and SLS are other great bands. :D I've never heard of The Bunny The Bear before, though... :\

I've been listening to Betraying the Martyrs a lot lately. Mostly the song Martyrs, because it's my favorite one.
    AAGGGGHHHH. I typed up this long paragraph thing like 12 hours ago and apparently it didn't post..
    What I think I typed:

I'm thinking Payback from Atilla is better than their other song that they just released... I was hoping Caleb would do that for the reissue too, but it's not bad... Am I the only one who was confused as all hell by All Alone or something like that by them?

I personally think that the Between The Lies EP from Memphis May Fire is better than The Hollow from them, but I do think "The Abandoned" is their best song.. From Dream On, Dreamer, I personally prefer the song, "In August." It just kinda gives this like... Dreamy? Effect on the song... I'm still waiting for Woe, Is Me to put out their new album...

Umm... SLS? The Bunny The Bear is something I wouldn't have found out about if it wasn't for my friend showing me them... They have a few soft songs, but they're really a hit or miss kind of band....

I haven't listened to Betraying The Martyrs before, but I just listened to that song, Martyrs, and I must say... I'm thoroughly impressed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    I've never heard of Woe Is Me but they're probably the type of music that would make me blow chunks at my computer.

Anyway, everybody here should check out Droid. They're groove metal meets metalcore which sounds like it would normally be a pile of @&*# but they're just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqieWI_ytXU

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Metal. Ah, sweet, sweet metal. I'm kinda into death metal, black metal, etc, but I honestly like all its sub genres. Here are my favorite bands these days:
    10. Anthrax
    9. Iron Maiden
    8. Children of Bodom
    7. System of a Down
    6. Megadeth
    5. Underoath
    4. Korn
    3. Arch Enemy
    2. My Dying Bride
    1. Opeth

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I really like metal, though the songs of the genre are usually hit or miss for me.
    Big fan of Killswitch Engage (Metalcore).
    I'm totally addicted to their songs This is Absolution, This is Goodbye, In A Dead World and their cover of Rio's Holy Diver.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2012
    Metal. Ah, sweet, sweet metal. I'm kinda into death metal, black metal, etc, but I honestly like all its sub genres. Here are my favorite bands these days:
    10. Anthrax
    9. Iron Maiden
    8. Children of Bodom
    7. System of a Down
    6. Megadeth
    5. Underoath
    4. Korn
    3. Arch Enemy
    2. My Dying Bride
    1. Opeth
    Good bands.

I might be going to see Opeth on Halloween night. It'll be sick.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Metalhead right here \m/
    I'm mostly into power, gothic, symphonic and progressive metal with bits and pieces of other metal sub-genres mixed in.
    Some faves: Rhapsody, Star One, Elvenking, Opeth, Kamelot, Helloween, Lord Vampyr, Blind Guardian, Avantasia, Turisas, Children of Bodom, Sons of Seasons, Devildriver, Paradise Lost, Cradle of Filth, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Good bands.

I might be going to see Opeth on Halloween night. It'll be sick.

Opeth on Halloween? That's god damn awesome timing right there. I wish I could be so lucky haha. Hope you enjoy it if you go.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • This was released today as a single, just like the album's artwork and the track listing.

Combined with the main riff of "Never Dead" that we could hear in the game's trailer... I have really high expectations for this album. I'm sure it will be awesome.

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    ^ I saw megadeth play...i think that exact tune at sonisphere like 2 months back
    Very good song :D
    Can't wait for the album to be releassed

Back