• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

starryAstrophysicist

Gazing up at the sun, moon, and stars
Years
  • Log #2

- Headed to Mt. Moon.
    - Traversed Mt. Moon, defeated Team Rocket.
    - Caught Clef (Clefairy) at Mt. Moon.
    - Caught Bravery (Spearow) at Route 4.
    - Saved Bill from his experiments.
    - Defeated Cerulean City Gym.

Team

Bravery (Spearow) Lv. 13
    spearow.png

- Peck
    - Growl
    - Leer

Gusty (Pidgeotto) Lv. 27
    pidgeotto.png

- Gust
    - Sand Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Whirlwind

Ratty (Raticate) Lv. 21
    raticate.png

- Tackle
    - Tail Whip
    - Quick Attack
    - Hyper Fang

Clef (Clefairy) Lv. 18
    clefairy.png

- Pound
    - Growl
    - Sing
    - Doubleslap

Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, X, Moon

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • okay so instead of working on my kanto monotypes like a good boy I have been grinding soul silver because its fun. Idk if you remembered by my last update but I am doing water in Johto

okay so i started with totodile and thats all well and good, but when he got to be a level 10 i realized holy crap my totodile is overleveled, so I picked myself up a wooper because theyre always so happy and i decided i should not be depressing for once in my life. Once I started working on leveling my newfound wooper i realized that he sucks. like his base stat total is bad. I toughed it out though and grinded my way to level 20 and kicked some booty with my quagsire who constantly looks like he pooped himself. so at this point I am at Cianwood City and realized that i probably need another team member so i get myself a nice ol' staryu, but then realize that he cant evolve for a long time so i ditch him then go to Mahogany Town and the Lake of Rage and get me a fancy red Gyarados and thats where I am now, inside some dude's shop taking over his communications unit in his basement, so that's pretty cool.

Team

160.png

Feraligatr
    Level 32
    - Headbutt
    - Crunch
    - Surf
    - Ice Fang

195.png

Quagsire
    Level 32
    - Water Gun
    - Mud Bomb
    - Strength
    - Yawn

130.png

Gyaradas
    Level 31
    - Bite
    - Dragon Rage
    - Leer
    - Strength​

Years
  • The Ultimate Monotype Challenge!

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 9!

Elite 4 time! I have to say that to keep it as a full Monotype during the E4, I withdrew one of my Tyrogues, depositing Slowbro.

First up was Will with his Psychic-types, so a very annoying beginning for my Fighting-types. The battle started well, Hitmonchan's Ice Punch beat the 2 Xatus and Primeape's U-turn destroyed Jynx. But Slowbro made things harder. He began using Curse as I was using Shadow Claw with Heracross. He was healed by a Full Restore, and then got a critical hit with Psychic to OHKO Heracross. Fortunately, Hitmonchan took it down with ThunderPunch. The last Pok?mon was Exeggutor. I sent Primeape to exploit its 4x weakness to Bug, but he barely survived, so I sent Hitmonchan, who had good Special Defense. Hitmonchan survived the Psychic with 8 HP, and even though Exeguttor was healed, 2 Fire Punches destroyed it!

Koga is always a pretty annoying battle. Ariados was his first Pok?mon, and was quite annoying as it survived a Fire Punch from Hitmonchan and poisoned it with Poison Jab. He was easily taken out even though he healed, though. Next up was Crobat, who was beaten by Poliwhirl. It was a very close battle and I needed to heal once. Thankfully he didn't use any Full Restores on Crobat. After the Crobat, Forretress set up Toxic Spikes after surviving a Fire Punch, but he ended up falling to Hitmonchan, and so did Venomoth. Muk managed to beat Primeape with Gunk Shot + Poison, but Machamp, with a Guts-boosted Strength finished off the battle.

Time to face Bruno. The fight started quite roughly, as after a Cross Chop from my Machamp, Hitmontop used Counter and killed it. So Primeape was sent. I beat Hitmontop after he healed with Strength + Cross Chop, and he sent Hitmonlee. He used Swagger, and I managed to avoid the confusion but Cross Chop missed. On my Full Heal he used Focus Energy, and again, the same as before! Swagger, avoiding confusion, and Cross Miss, I mean Cross Chop missed. On the Full Heal I received a heavy blow from him, surviving with 16 HP. But fortunately Cross Chop hit and took it down. Now with +4 Atk, Primeape OHKOed Machamp with Cross Chop as well, and after that Poliwhirl beat the Onix, and Heracross, with 2 Brick Breaks took down the Hitmonchan after surviving a Fire Punch comfortably.

Time to fight Karen! Umbreon was taken care of by Machamp and 2 Wake-Up Slaps (he avoided one as he used a Double Team but it was taken down easily). Next up was Murkrow, who was OHKOed by Hitmonchan's Ice Punch. Now, things began to become interesting. She sent Gengar. I don't know why she started with Spite against my Heracross, but after a Shadow Claw she used Destiny Bond, which took down Heracross. Time for Houndoom VS Poliwhirl. And Houndoom set up a Nasty Plot, healed with a Sitrus Berry, and destroyed Poliwhirl with Dark Pulse. If Houndoom were to outspeed the rest of the team, I was in trouble. However, I was very lucky and Primeape outsped the Houndoom and beat it with Dig (I didn't want to risk a Cross Chop miss!) Hitmonchan, even though he was paralyzed, took care of Vileplume quite easily, even freezing her.

The last obstacle, Lance. Gyara Vs Hitmonchan. Two ThunderPunches were enough. He sent Charizard so I sent Poliwhirl. I hit him with Waterfall, but he was faster and went for a critical hit with Shadow Claw. As I was healing, he withdrew Charizard and sent one of his Dragonite! I sent Tyrogue to sacrifice him. But I made a mistake, I expected Hitmonchan to outspeed Dragonite, but no, and Hitmonchan's was low on health, so he was taken down... Using Heracross, I realized I couldn't do much with her and used a Max Revive on Hitmonchan. After Heracross fell, Hitmonchan took a Dragon Rush and took Dragonite down with his Ice Punch attack. Next up was a weakened Charizard, with half HP. I sent Poliwhirl. His Air Slash did quite a lot of damage, but a critical Waterfall (not sure if I needed it or not, but it was a crit) took Charizard down. Again, a Dragonite was his next Pok?mon. I sacrificed my low on health Poliwhirl to fully heal Hitmonchan, which survived a Dragon Rush and beat Dragonite with an Ice Punch. Next up was Aerodactyl. I sent Machamp, but Cross Chop didn't kill, and Aerial Ace did a lot of damage. I healed Hitmonchan and Machamp fainted. I sent Primeape and revived Poliwhirl. Primeape fell to a single Aerial Ace, but Poliwhirl managed to stand a Thunder Fang and finish the Aerodactyl off with Waterfall. The final showdown, Hitmonchan VS the lv 50 Dragonite. I was quite lucky here! My Hitmonchan didn't outspeed the other 2 Dragonite, which were lv 49, but he could outspeed this one and OHKO it with an Ice Punch! (don't know if NeverMeltIce is helping here!) So I did it! I am the champion!! I didn't remember this E4 to be so brutal, Pok?mon here have very dangerous and strong movesets. Here is the Hall of Fame!

X81qvVm.png

This is still far from over, though! Kanto and its badges, and Red... I'll go for them!

MVP for Johto Badges: Heracross.

MVP for the E4: Hitmonchan.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 8.

Current Location: New Bark Town.

Number of losses: 8.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Skarper
    Pokemon Platinum
    Ground Type
    Single

Log #1:
    Did the tutorial stuff and defeated my rival, Ze.

Team:

MDP387.png

Gaia Lv10
    Moves:
    -Tackle
    -Withdraw
    -Absorb

Years

Yellow, Heart Gold, Sigma ?merald, Platinum, White 2, X, Sun.

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 10!

WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO EVOLVE POLIWHIRL? Ok. First things first, in the previous update we managed to beat the E4 and become the Champion, but there is a lot more to do, so I arrived in Kanto and began exploring and getting some badges, I have 12 badges now! I'll talk about each of the important battles:

Lt. Surge was annoying due to Double Team. His Raichu managed to go +6 Evasion with it, but thankfully a Cross Chop from Primeape and a Strength from Machamp took Raichu down. After that, Primeape defeated the Magneton and Heracross with Earthquake swept the 2 Electrode and the Electabuzz. Not a hard ninth badge!

My next challenge was Sabrina, and for a Fighting-type team it was a pretty hard one, especially that Alakazam, but I am very happy with the battle! I equipped Heracross a Choice Scarf to outspeed both Espeon and Alakazam. It outsped Espeon and dented a heavy blow with Shadow Claw. She didn't fall and Psychic beat me, but I had equipped a Payapa Berry (weakens super effective Psychic attacks) to Hitmonchan, and he took down Espeon. Mr. Mime was easy for Poliwhirl; Body Slam paralyzed it and he didn't even do damage, falling to 2 Waterfalls. And Alakazam, felt so well beating him doing this! I gave Machamp a Payapa Berry, it used Psychic, due to the berry Machamp survived and beat Alakazam with a single Payback! So that's the tenth badge!

After Sabrina, I challenged Erika. It was a quite exciting battle. Hitmonchan, with Ice Punch, beat Jumpluff, but she managed to set up Sunny Day. Then Victreebel came and hit Hitmonchan with a very strong Leaf Storm! Luckily Hitmonchan survived and in the sun took Victreebel down with a single Fire Punch. Bellossom was next. Primeape managed to take a SolarBeam (just barely!) and hit her with U-turn, and after that Heracross finished the job. Finally, Tangela was taken down by Machamp. 11th badge!

And finally, a quite easy battle at Fuchsia. Poliwhirl beat Crobat with Body Slam and Waterfall, Hitmonchan defeated the Venomoth with Fire Punch, Machamp beat the Weezing, and finally, a poisoned Heracross easily crushed the 2 Ariados. 12 badges now!

Not time to solve the Power Plant problem. At Route 25, I know there is a man that gives Evolution Stones and I planned to get Poliwrath with this, but after showing him an Oddish, a Growlithe, and a Jigglypuff, he asked for a Pichu, and I cannot get one yet until I get to Viridian Forest and catch a Pikachu, so yeah...

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 12.

Current Location: Cerulean City.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• Monotype Challenge: Grass​

Moon​

• Cleared Aether Paradise
    • Proceeded to Poni Island
    • Caught a Dhelmise, nicknamed Sink
    • Caught an Exeggcute and evolved it to A-Exeggutor, nicknamed Super
    • Defeated Hapu
    • Cleared Vast Poni Canyon
    • Defeated Lusamine for good.
    • Master Balled Lunala
    • Went back to grinding
    • Took on the Elite Four. Hala gave the most difficulty with his Crabominable, then Olivia, then Acerola, then Kahili
    • Defeated Kukui, finding difficulty with his Incineroar
    • Defeated Tapu Koko and thus ending my grass monotype for good.

Team​
    Spoiler:

images
    Spoiler:

moving to pokemon moon: flying!

Years

Yellow, Heart Gold, Sigma ?merald, Platinum, White 2, X, Sun.

2. Pok?mon HeartGold Fighting Monotype update No. 11!

IT HAPPENED!

mty84ja.png

Finally! My team is full of Fighting-types! I caught a Pikachu, made it make a Pichu, and finally got the Water Stone showing my Marill to the man. After that I have been able to get my 16 badges, with a battle with the rival in the middle. I'll talk about all of them.

First up was Misty. Primeape stood a Psychic from Golduck and beat it with a Strength + Cross Chop combination. Machamp did exactly the same with Quagsire, and also took Lapras down with a Cross Chop (with suspense, as both missed Cross Chop and Sing first). Finally, after the recovery from Sitrus Berry and a Full Restore, Hitmonchan beat the Starmie with ThunderPunch.

Brock was a joke of a battle. All of his Pok?mon fell to a single hit; Graveler, Onix and Rhyhorn to Surf from Poliwrath, and the 2 fossils to a Close Combat from Heracross. After Brock came the rival battle, quite easy as he is a bit low in level at Mt. Moon. Poliwrath beat the Sneasel with Wake-Up Slap, and with the same move Machamp beat Magneton. Primeape outsped and koed Alakazam with U-turn, while Machamp destroyed Gengar with Payback. Finally, Hitmonchan took care of Golbat and Feraligatr with his elemental punches.

Blaine was a very easy battle. Magcargo fell to a single Surf, although Magmar managed to set up Sunny Day before falling. Rapidash was annoying with Bounce and the Sun protecting him, but in the end Poliwrath finished the job.

Blue was perhaps the hardest battle I have had in Kanto. I didn't expect an Exeggutor coming first, and it took down both Primeape and Hitmonchan before falling to Machamp. Luckily, Machamp took down Pidgeot with 2 Cross Chops (one of them critical). Poliwrath beat the Arcanine, which was also used to Revive the fallen Pok?mon. Surprisingly, Heracross OHKOed Machamp with Close Combat, Poliwrath defeated Rhydon, and a healed Hitmonchan finished the battle with his ThunderPunch against Gyarados.

I have to add something about the battle against Claire and Lance in the Dragon Den. It was pretty hard, I was pushed to the limit, but in the end thanks to the rival's Feraligatr and my Hitmonchan we managed to win.

I have been catching a few Legends (Suicune, Moltres, Zapdos, Lugia, Articuno...) and exploring as many places as possible. There were a few changes in the team, now Heracross has learnt Megahorn, and Primeape Close Combat. Also I equipped an Expert Belt to Hitmonchan, and Leftovers to Machamp. Now it's time for some Gym Leaders rematches and a bit of grinding for the E4 rematches. My next update will talk about that! And after that one (if things go well!), I'll finish the adventure taking on Red.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Number of Badges: 16.

Current Location: Mt. Silver.

EDIT: Forgot about it!
    Spoiler:

Congratulations on a successful run!

Last edited:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • Pokemon Moon Fire Monotype update 9: Ya boi is Fired Up and The Kahuna is Burnt Out
    Spoiler:

Current Team
    Spoiler:

aruupaa

Just an ordinary person
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2019
    Forum User Name: aruupaa
    Game(s): Fire Red
    Pok?mon Type: Bug
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single (may turn into an ultimate later)
    Planned Team:Butterfree/Scyther/Pinsir

Edit: Progressed somewhat into the game, so thought I would update.
    I now have 5 badges and getting ready to take back Silph Company from Team Rocket. Forgot to take screenshots but will provide them on the next update.
    Team:
    butterfree-female.gif

Silk the Butterfree Lv.43 @Quick Claw
    Female/Serious/Compound Eyes
    Psychic/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain/Thief

scyther.gif

Blade the Scyther Lv.43 @Leftovers
    Male/Lonely/Swarm
    Aerial Ace/Steel Wing/Double Team/Swords Dance

pinsir.gif

Louie the Pinsir Lv.43 @Leftovers
    Male/Adamant/Hyper Cutter
    Return/Rock Slide/Dig/Brick Break​

I know that leftovers for Scyther and Pinsir are not so practical but didn't have a better alternative :). Also Butterfree's Compound Eyes makes Sleep Powder 98% accurate which is OP.
    Also I've hacked in Pinsir at Celadon City which would be the earliest opportunity to get it in Leafgreen. I'm also using a patch that colors stats boosted or hindered by natures, as well as shows IVs. Hope that's not a problem.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • Signing up

Tek
    Red++ (hackrom base Red; Kanto region with updated types, moves, and mechanics)
    Dark Type
    Free Mode

I'm also considering a Dragon-type Ultimate challenge. How does that work for Gen 1 Kanto? Would a Dragonair/Dragonite combo count? I suppose I could use Red++ which has Kingdra, but I want to use Yellow version.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Signing up

Tek
    Red++ (hackrom base Red; Kanto region with updated types, moves, and mechanics)
    Dark Type
    Free Mode

I'm also considering a Dragon-type Ultimate challenge. How does that work for Gen 1 Kanto? Would a Dragonair/Dragonite combo count? I suppose I could use Red++ which has Kingdra, but I want to use Yellow version.

I suppose if you're going old school Generation 1 single type Dragon build, then the only Pokemon that applies is Dratini and its evolved forms. Furthermore... you pretty much have to do at least 2, at most 4 Gym's before you even have the opportunity to get your Dratini from Safari Zone(unless you do Ditto Glitch which is even harder in Pokemon Yellow). So I'm not exactly sure that would work all too well. Might be stuck doing Red++ to have extra Dragon types and/or adding in certain exceptions like Charizard, Seadra and perhaps Gyrados(even Lance uses one).

Instead of Dragon, might I suggest a pure rock build? Got Golem, Onix, Rhydon, Kabutops, Omastar and Aerodactyl. Three are Rock/Ground types, two Rock/Water and last is Rock/Flying. Note that Rock/Water is vulnerable to Electric(and really vulnerable to Grass). Problem with above build is that all you'd have with you for most of the game is Geodude that you get from Mt.Moon until you get Onix from Rock Tunnel. Rest won't come until much later so you're basically between a rock and a hard place(not to mention having a very difficult 2nd Gym unless you use Pikachu to win).

Pave Low2

Everything
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2018
    Forum User Name: Octane
    Game(s): Leaf Green
    Pok?mon Type: Electric
    Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Single

Last edited:

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • Okay, so I know i'm a little late on this one, but I finished my Johto Water Monotype! I beat Lance and the E4 and got to Kanto and realized I didn't have the stamina or patience to finish all the way through Red. My team was actually pretty nice, even if it wasn't as good as my Kanto run. Only little side note was that I tried to use a Starmie again, but then realized that I didn't get a water stone until Kanto, and that dampened my spirits.

Anyways here's the team

160.png

Feralagatr
    Level 48
    Crunch
    Shadow Claw
    Ice Fang
    Waterfall

Feralagatr was by far the MVP of the run, and since all of my pokemon had basically the same purpose Feralagatr just did it better

195.png

Quagsire
    Level 46
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Yawn

I like Quagsire's typing and that's about it. It's stats and moves were awful and I won't be using one again.

130.png

Gyarados
    Level 43
    Bite
    Aqua Tail
    Ice Fang
    Strength

Gyarados was good, but it was nothing I didn't expect, Aqua Tail was a great move but had about a 10%
    accuracy lol.

230.png

Kingdra
    Level 43
    Hydro Pump
    Dragon Pulse
    Surf
    Agility

I got Kingdra late because I thought he would be a good special attacker, until I got him and he had an Adamant nature and I was pissed. Kingdra was kind of a flop for me, but I could see how he could be good for another team​

Sorry for no pics guys, I was on a physical copy so the pics are on my phone

aruupaa

Just an ordinary person
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2019
    I have finished my Bug Monotype on Firered. I've decided to turn it into an ultimate run, so here it goes:

Name:aruupaa
    Pokemon Type:Bug
    Challenge Type:Ultimate
    Games:Firered--->Heartgold--->Emerald--->Platinum--->???
    (I don't have access to Gen 6 or Gen 7, so it will end in Gen 5. I've not decided on Gen 5 game yet.)

Photos:
    Spoiler:
    I just went ahead and beat the rematches as well. Evolved Scyther after I got the National Dex.

Team:
    butterfree-female.gif

Silk the Butterfree Lv.71 @Quick Claw
    Female/Serious/CompoundEyes
    Psychic/Sleep Powder/Giga Drain/Thief
    I know Butterfree seems like it would be really weak compared to her teammates, but she turned out to be the MVP of this run. She was solo at the first half of the game, and helped out tremendously at the end. CompoundEyes boosts Sleep Powder to 98% accuracy, which means she puts all enemies to sleep at the first turn. She took care of all Gym Leaders, as well as Bruno and Agatha herself.

scizor.gif

Blade the Scizor Lv.72 @Leftovers
    Male/Lonely/Swarm
    Steel Wing/Aerial Ace/Double Team/Swords Dance
    Using swords dance made it unstoppable. Took care of Lance and Blue.

pinsir.gif

Louie the Pinsir Lv.70 @Leftovers
    Male/Adamant/Hyper Cutter
    Return/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Brick Break
    Most versatile member of the team.Took care of Lorelei.​

Going on to Heartgold now.

Tek

Years
  • I suppose if you're going old school Generation 1 single type Dragon build, then the only Pokemon that applies is Dratini and its evolved forms. Furthermore... you pretty much have to do at least 2, at most 4 Gym's before you even have the opportunity to get your Dratini from Safari Zone(unless you do Ditto Glitch which is even harder in Pokemon Yellow). So I'm not exactly sure that would work all too well. Might be stuck doing Red++ to have extra Dragon types and/or adding in certain exceptions like Charizard, Seadra and perhaps Gyrados(even Lance uses one).

Good input. Playing without glitches, Dratini is available after badge three from the Celadon Game Corner. I can use the long-range trainer glitch to remove the Snorlax south of Lavender and get to Celadon before battling Misty or Lt. Surge.

Instead of Dragon, might I suggest a pure rock build?

Sure you can, but that doesn't serve the purpose of completing a Dragon-type Ultimate challenge. LOL

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Good input. Playing without glitches, Dratini is available after badge three from the Celadon Game Corner. I can use the long-range trainer glitch to remove the Snorlax south of Lavender and get to Celadon before battling Misty or Lt. Surge.

I know it doesn't say it in the rules, but I see skipping parts of the games through glitching as cheating, so I'll have to disallow it, I might have to clarify that in the rules.
    And btw, you can legitimately get to Lavender and Celadon before fighting Lt. Surge, you can just go through Rock Tunnel without beating him.

As for your original question, you can trade/hack a Dratini in at level 5 (no higher), and solo with it until you can get your second Dratini.
    And a Dragonair/Dragonite combo would count, as would Dual Dragonite. Hell, I wouldn't stop you from doing Dual Dratini. lol

If you can't trade/hack a Dratini that low, then you'll just have to solo with your starter until you can get one.

Reactions: Tek
    Years
  • Pokemon Platinum
    Ground Type
    Single

Log #2:
    Made a lot of progress these past days. I got 4 badges, and almost my full team. Also caught all Unown forms so it would be easier to catch a Hippopotas.

Team:

MDP389.png

Gaia Lv32
    Moves:
    -Razor Leaf
    -Bite
    -Rock Smash
    -Earthquake

MDP423.png

Laurinda Lv30
    Moves:
    -Water Pulse
    -Mud Bomb
    -Rain Dance
    -Body Slam

MDP207.png

Gini Lv31
    Moves:
    -Faint Attack
    -Dig
    -Fury Cutter
    -Quick Attack

MDP444.png

Charon Lv31
    Moves:
    -Shadow Claw
    -Slash
    -Dragon Rage
    -Earthquake

MDP449.png

Hebert Lv26
    Moves:
    -Bite
    -Yawn
    Take Down
    -Sand Tomb

Tek

Years
  • Dark-type Free Play Update 1

Badges: 2

Team:

Houndour Lv. 22
    - Bite, Ember, Smokescreen, Smog

Murkrow Lv. 23
    - Wing Attack, Night Shade, Thunder Wave, Steel Wing

Spoiler:

Last edited:

aruupaa

Just an ordinary person
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2019
    Progress: FireRed
    butterfree.png
    scizor.png
    pinsir.png
    ---> Liquid Crystal (4/16)

I've decided to go for LiquidCrystal instead of HeartGold, since the latter progresses a bit too slow and I've never completed the first. It's quite challenging though. I had only progressed until Slowpoke Well in this game before.

Summary:​
    Spoiler:

Team:​
    ariados.gif

Natasha the Ariados Lv.31 @Quick Claw
    Female/Lax/Insomnia
    Night Shade/Leech Life/Poison Sting/Scary Face

ledian.gif

Chanceux the Ledian Lv.29 @None
    Male/Naive/Early Bird
    Swift/Supersonic/Light Screen/Reflect

heracross.gif

Ares the Heracross Lv.30 @None
    Male/Careful/Swarm
    Return/Brick Break/Horn Attack/Leer

forretress.gif

Gyro the Forretress Lv.31@None
    Female/Serious/Sturdy
    Strength/Rollout/Zap Cannon/Protect​

You may have noticed, but I have decided to only use Johto Pokemon. What I need is Yanma, which I couldn't find. As another note, I had high hopes on Ledian and Ariados, since Butterfree had surprised me in the last run. However, I'm quite dissappointed :( . Ariados has no reliable attacks and is slow, and Ledian is nice as a support but fails to be good on its own.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • Progress: FireRed
    You may have noticed, but I have decided to only use Johto Pokemon. What I need is Yanma, which I couldn't find. As another note, I had high hopes on Ledian and Ariados, since Butterfree had surprised me in the last run. However, I'm quite dissappointed :( . Ariados has no reliable attacks and is slow, and Ledian is nice as a support but fails to be good on its own.

from personal experience here, Ledian was pretty damn good in the original Gen 2 games with ele punches and decent special bulk (it was the only thing capable of taking down blue's arcanine, and rocket ex/karen's houndooms)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back