• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Motherly Trio

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
Years
  • We all know that the Pokemon fandom is perfectly mature and polite whenever the topic turns to the "obligatory female companion", eh? In fact, they're so reasonable about it that Serebiiforums' ban on this topic is completely gratuitous. As gratuitous as that w-word has any actual meaning besides simply a label for females you don't like. And yet, I somehow desire to refrain from a salvo regarding the heavenly deity Misty, because this topic isn't bloody supposed to be about that! I'll only mention one thing concerning Dawn's skirt: have you seen sailor fuku before?

Now to actually contribute to this topic, I do find it amusing that Brock is a bigger Yamato Nadeshiko than any of the girls. Unfortunately, because he's a guy, no one ever gives him any credit for "busting" outdated gender stereotypes.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I think I can see why they call Dawn a "whore", her skirt, it's VERY short, gaining her a large portion of the male popularity count, not including me, not that I don't like her, I love the motherly trio.

A 10 year old (children's cartoon character) is supposed to be that because she wears a short skirt? No, I don't see. Other than those people are incredibly stupid. :/

We all know that the Pokemon fandom is perfectly mature and polite whenever the topic turns to the "obligatory female companion", eh? In fact, they're so reasonable about it that Serebiiforums' ban on this topic is completely gratuitous. As gratuitous as that w-word has any actual meaning besides simply a label for females you don't like. And yet, I somehow desire to refrain from a salvo regarding the heavenly deity Misty, because this topic isn't bloody supposed to be about that! I'll only mention one thing concerning Dawn's skirt: have you seen sailor fuku before?

Now to actually contribute to this topic, I do find it amusing that Brock is a bigger Yamato Nadeshiko than any of the girls. Unfortunately, because he's a guy, no one ever gives him any credit for "busting" outdated gender stereotypes.

Brock is a guy who can cook well, will willing do house work and is obviously straight, I'd give him credit for that ^^ Although he definatly isn't given enough credit for being some kind of anti-sterotype, whatever the word is. And I agree with you about the words that are being thrown around here and how they're just used in general...

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I think I can see why they call Dawn a "whore", her skirt, it's VERY short, gaining her a large portion of the male popularity count, not including me, not that I don't like her, I love the motherly trio.

Blame the animators for that skirt. In fact, blame them for May's cleavage while you're at it. And let's not forget all of those homoerotic Giovaani fantasies Meowth has. Thanks writers =p

Anyways, I think May seems to be the most motherly to me. She's better at raising Pokemon than either Misty or Dawn at this point. Squirtle, Torchic, and Munchlax weren't that great of battlers at first but look at them now.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • Blame the animators for that skirt. In fact, blame them for May's cleavage while you're at it. And let's not forget all of those homoerotic Giovaani fantasies Meowth has. Thanks writers =p

Anyways, I think May seems to be the most motherly to me. She's better at raising Pokemon than either Misty or Dawn at this point. Squirtle, Torchic, and Munchlax weren't that great of battlers at first but look at them now.

It's true, the writer's and designers simply do that for eye candy. In retrospect of what May is wearing, it ain't that bad. But Dawn... Dawn skirt is incredibly short, especially for a ten year old. Still, I find it funny that the writers leave why Dawn's mother lets her run around in that outfit unexplained. I know if it was my daughter I wouldn't let her step foot outside the door with just that on.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It's Japan. From what I've heard, apparently they wear short skirts to school which would explain why they don't go into a fit over it like people from other countries do. I don't think all schools do, just this they don't seem to mind as much? Not sure if it's true though, just what i've heard around.

Back