• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Multi-Mix Special League

Do you like this league?

• Like it!? It's awesone! :D

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • It's the most creative league here! :D

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Yeah, I like it. :)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • It's cool. :)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • It's not bad. :paranoid:

• It's just ok. :\

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Not that bad, but could be better... :surprised:

• I don't like it... :(

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • It's ugly! :disappoin

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I hate it! :disappoin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    greene is right though. what do you mean by powerful pokemon? you could say groudon is powerful, or you could say blissey is powerful :S i think you do need to be a bit more specific.

multi type? doesnt that basically mean just a normal standard battle?

you need to be a bit more specific

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    ._. What would you have them do? It's up to PT whether the gyms are good enough to be a part of his league. What is your disappointment? Should we have rules that make us more like a battle frontier? I mean, there's already a battle frontier league (i'm not sure if the rules are exactly like the BF but still...)

EDIT:

It seems that you dislike the actual themes themselves. So maybe you should contact the members (if it means THAT much to you) and suggest better themes for them.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Also to add to that, having a gym with "No EV's Pokeon allowed" will turn challengers away faster than a poor guy can run after a bread truck. There is no strategy when there is no EV'd Pokemon, and everything is generally the same with a different skin on.

Iyo

Είμαι μια ζωντανή παραδοξία
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    Also to add to that, having a gym with "No EV's Pokeon allowed" will turn challengers away faster than a poor guy can run after a bread truck. There is no strategy when there is no EV'd Pokemon, and everything is generally the same with a different skin on.

That's true, but on the other hand, for those who haven't/don't EV train, it makes it fairer... right?

The Roshi

Years
    If a player is into competitive battling, he will EV train. I agree that the EV rule won't attract many chalengers.

Are you going to post my pokemon so people can build teams to counter them? =P I'm not THAT good yet lol.

Years
    I agree. Most are good, like these:

Baby
    Johto
    Turtle
    Cave-dwelling
    Green-color
    Trade

Though, the others really arnt that good, and that is coming from a fellow gym leader! =/

Greene1516

Years
    That's true, but on the other hand, for those who haven't/don't EV train, it makes it fairer... right?

No it doesn't. If you don't train and the challenger does then it is fair because obviously he is better than you at the game and deserves to win. It's about skill, not luck.

I like マイケル's gym though. It has well thought out rules and a nice theme. I probably won't challenge this league as a whole but I may take on this gym just for the fun of an NFE battle.

But ultimately, if you want decent challengers then banning EV'd Pokemon is not helping.

Iyo

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    If a player is into competitive battling, he will EV train. I agree that the EV rule won't attract many chalengers.

Are you going to post my pokemon so people can build teams to counter them? =P I'm not THAT good yet lol.

Do it via PM.

If i look through every page (sad i know), someone else will.

No it doesn't. If you don't train and the challenger does then it is fair because obviously he is better than you at the game and deserves to win. It's about skill, not luck.

I like マイケル's gym though. It has well thought out rules and a nice theme. I probably won't challenge this league as a whole but I may take on this gym just for the fun of an NFE battle.

But ultimately, if you want decent challengers then banning EV'd Pokemon is not helping.

The stuff in bold isn't really fair. I had no idea what EV training was, so would you say i'm crap at the game?

There are those who train their teams competitively with no idea about EVs. If there's one, there's bound to be more.

Edit: Also, if luck isn't a part of it, then what was the point of the Battle Pike in Emerald? That was to test your luck.

Last edited:
    Years
    Oops, I forgot to add some clauses to my form:

Clauses: Hax Item, sleep, evasion, OHKO, other standard clauses (not species)

Last edited:
    Years
    Iyo, i suggest maybe doing your battles on Shoddy, since that way more people will participate. People will not come here looking for an overrall experience. They will want to know if every gym is worth it before they come, like Greene. He is not doing it all, but only doing the ones he likes, like the Baby Gym. Most competitive battlers use EVs, and if you dont since it is time-consuming or whatever, you should use Shoddy Battle, where you can do it with a couple clicks in less then 10 seconds.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years

I thought about that too and came up to the desicion tht evd pokemons are allowed in my gym. Nearly everybody i ev training in this community!
    I`m ev training my pokemon too.
    BTW, battles end faster if you don`t ev. And that`s no good =(

Greene1516

Years
    The stuff in bold isn't really fair. I had no idea what EV training was, so would you say i'm crap at the game?

There are those who train their teams competitively with no idea about EVs. If there's one, there's bound to be more.

Edit: Also, if luck isn't a part of it, then what was the point of the Battle Pike in Emerald? That was to test your luck.

Is saying somebody is better than you saying you are crap??? No, it's not, but I expect no less an assumption from you since my only experience with you was to learn that you take things too personally.

And you can't train a team competitively without training EV's, because EV's are what make a Pokemon something and not something else. You can't train a sweeper without trainign EV's because without the concentration on attack and speed he can't sweep well.

And please God, do not tell me what competitive battling is about when you have no clue. The number one motto of competitive battling is that competitive battling in not the same as the in-game story. The Battle Pike is an in-game function. Clearly you have no idea of any of the clauses for competitive battling either, because there are several that prohibit items and moves that are based solely on luck. Because something is one way in-game, never assume that is what competitive battling is about, because Nintendo did not create competitive battling, the players did.

Iyo

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    Iyo, i suggest maybe doing your battles on Shoddy, since that way more people will participate. People will not come here looking for an overrall experience. They will want to know if every gym is worth it before they come, like Greene. He is not doing it all, but only doing the ones he likes, like the Baby Gym. Most competitive battlers use EVs, and if you dont since it is time-consuming or whatever, you should use Shoddy Battle, where you can do it with a couple clicks in less then 10 seconds.

I would, but i have no computer/laptop right now... I need to buy a new laptop screen... θ_θ... Thanks anyway.

The Roshi

Years
    Ok yeah I'm noticing that nobody except Lady Gaga has any real rules to their gym. This is only going to work if you add rules and conditions. I see now the problem that Greene is having. You must add descriptions to your gyms so that challengers will see the special conditions that you undoubtedly have in mind for your battles and then they will be interested in fighting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back